Amar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
Ganso
Le Samourai
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Christopher Nolan. - Page 2 Empty Re: Christopher Nolan.

Post by The Lizard King Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:15 pm

"Kubrick made movies as how he interpret, that's why his works though brilliant, are miles from their original source. The guy only wrote one original script. I feel later works he detached himself from human emotion, very cold and distant."

I don't mind most of his movies . ( Shining / Clockwork / Full Metal / Spartacus ). But with Space Odyssey, I think he bit off more than he can chew. If anything, that's a movie that he detached himself from human emotion - like you said.

The ending for Space Odyssey was always going to be hard to visualize and convey. Heck, even words confused the shit outta me the first time I read the ending. And one of my first thoughts was, "how the fk..could someone make a movie out of this"

So I watched Space Odyssey with little expectations. In the end, I was just pissed off because he dedicated , at the most, 20 minutes to the ending. Whereas he wasted so much time with those goddamn soundtracks ! In context, the conclusion held the meat of the story, and needed at least twice the duration that it actually lasted. So yeah, eventhough the soundtracks were well edited, and aptly conveyed the tranquil nature of infinite space..focusing on that as much Kubrick did, was absolutely unforgivable in the long run.

Sorry for going off topic, but I've rarely gotten the chance to vent at Kubrick Very Happy

I haven't watched many of Lynch/Cronenberg/Jamusch. I've had Blue Velvet / Eraserhead / Ghost Dog / History of Violence and Eastern promises on my harddrive for a while now. Probably going to watch the latter two real soon because of Vigo Mortensen. And the plot of Ghost Dog had fascinated me ever since I was a kid, so that would be next on my watchlist.

The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Wikipedia says Ghost Dog is a tribute to Le Samourai. :bow:

My Personal Favourite Movie of all time along with Inception.But I've heard that story before and since The American was largely disappointing, I don't exactly trust them.I'll have to look at it soon though.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm planning to Make a Kubrick thread soon, I've had some considerable problems with Full Metal jacket especially.

Since I think Music is perhaps the defining thing which separates Film from Drama in the process of editing, I've never had a problem with his scoring, in fact his deliberate focus on that brings me closer to him than anything else.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2