Cassius
Mr Nick09
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pepe suspended 2 weeks - Page 4 Empty Re: Pepe suspended 2 weeks

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:29 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:pepe would have been suspended in the copa only

Really? I thought I read somewhere that the cup and league were linked and his suspension would be for both? Maybe I'm making that up?

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Doc wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Coloccini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ramos

DEAL WITH IT.

JOG ON Kiranr

Also Doc theres a thing called getting better with age and experience.

Ramos > Coloccini, you deal with it. Also, I know he has gotten better, pretty clear to see. But Real Madrid would see him more as a player who didn't succeed at Depor than someone who is doing very well at Newcastle...

you dont think anyone would buy 2 seasons ago's Milito???(obviously during that window)
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:31 pm

dnmac4 wrote:

Really? I thought I read somewhere that the cup and league were linked and his suspension would be for both? Maybe I'm making that up?

they introduced new rules for this season

which is why all the guys who fought in the super copa will only miss that game and none else
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Coentrao is very attacking lol, you guys didnt see him play with Benfica. he is just more conservative and a little smarter than Marcela picking his runs. He doesnt have the same freedom marcelo does, the same margin for error, and he has played as a LB so little for us that his role is not as defined as it was with Benfica in that position. He is nothing like Arbeloa, his technical skills are way superior.

You can have both fullback attacking, it's not a problem, but you need a DM that will cover the defenders if both wing backs are a little high so that the line of defense can stretch into a 3 man line. Many teams do that, including the likes of Porto, Dortmund, or even Bayern. And both fullbacks need to work on coming back as well, just takes work rates and attitude.

Carvajal is talented, we know that, but he needs to keep growing first. being the best since salgado doesnt mean that he will have success like Salgado.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:32 pm

dnmac4 wrote:

It's my assumption because Mourinho got suspended for the supercopa only. It seemed to like every competition was an individual entity
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:36 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

they introduced new rules for this season

which is why all the guys who fought in the super copa will only miss that game and none else

Got it, maybe thats why I thought he would miss La Liga games.

Then I stand corrected as it looks like Madrid is suspending him for two weeks when they really didn't have to and he is missing important league games that they actually need him in. Kudos to them.

BTW, I don't but the injury thing for one second.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Fine Laughing

One of the best CB's in the league tho, he's more than just doing "well"

I am sure Madrid dont even want him, Nick can still jog on for even thinking it Razz

Yes we paid 10m for him he was actually very good at Depor so much so that he was linked with Barca on many occasions......

I think he's better than Ramos personally but what ever Smile

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and like I said before he certainly has closed the gap on Ramos with his play this year. You really have to look no further then when Newcastle play with out him they look like a totally different team. He really needs to start playing with Argentina more as there backline is pathetic.

On pure defending I think he is a touch better then Ramos but Ramos is so versitile and does so many different things that's why IMO he's better plus he's been doing it for years while Colocinni has been really good for a while but not as good as he is this year.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:42 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Coentrao is very attacking lol, you guys didnt see him play with Benfica. he is just more conservative and a little smarter than Marcela picking his runs. He doesnt have the same freedom marcelo does, the same margin for error, and he has played as a LB so little for us that his role is not as defined as it was with Benfica in that position. He is nothing like Arbeloa, his technical skills are way superior.

he was very good with DiMaria on the same wing... didnt watch him after that

if mou really thought he was good at attacking, dont you think he wouldve told him to attack.... of course he is more technical than Arbeloa but Arbs passing is much better and Arbeloa gets in position(when he attacks) 10/10 he gets clueless after that but thats understandable since fullbacks are crap and never attacks in that donkey league so we have to nurture him before he can do such

You can have both fullback attacking, it's not a problem, but you need a DM that will cover the defenders if both wing backs are a little high so that the line of defense can stretch into a 3 man line. Many teams do that, including the likes of Porto, Dortmund, or even Bayern.

teams usually dont have BOTH attacking at the same time(Rafinha doesnt attack more than Arbeloa tbh) donno about Dortmund but Porto definately dont attacking with both lol... and we have never been in need of both attacking anyways its not like we are struggling to score... what we need though is players to stay focused and not let in funny goals

Carvajal is talented, we know that, but he needs to keep growing first. being the best since salgado doesnt mean that he will have success like Salgado.

we will never know until we give him a chance..... heck the time Nacho played for the first team he played great even Casado... imagine a defender better than them
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:45 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Got it, maybe thats why I thought he would miss La Liga games.

Then I stand corrected as it looks like Madrid is suspending him for two weeks when they really didn't have to and he is missing important league games that they actually need him in. Kudos to them.

BTW, I don't but the injury thing for one second.

i agree with your first post on how we might have done this so that he doesnt miss other games... nice logic there

i think iirc we have dont this before... Madrid fans enlighten me
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Coentrao played too little as a LB for us, he hasnt shown the extent of all his talent in the position. In my opinion, given that he is not a starter, he plays more cautiously. Like i said, he doesnt have the same margin for error Marcela does, and it matters.

I disagree with what you said about EPL FBs. They go forward, because crossing is what they traditionally do, they create width and help the ball move forward. Arbeloa is simply not an great attacker, nothing to do with the EPL, he is not that kind of player.

Teams use their fullbacks to create width and put them in crossing position. Porto specially is a team that use both their fullbacks to attack, Schmelzer and Piszczek go forward, they dont do it recklessly like marcelo but they go forward. Having two fullbacks that go forward doesnt mean that both would recklessly bomb in attack like marcelo seems to be doing. Either fullback would just help to stretch the pitch when the ball is on the opposite side. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that, as long as it's a balanced effort.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:01 pm

When you have 60% of the ball (which Madrid often do) then both fullbacks are going to get at least 2/3 of the way up the pitch, on both sides.

No fullback is going to stand on the half way line while his team has sustained pressure in the final 3rd, the fullbacks must be there to spread the ball to and either cross or pull the opponents defence across which may cause a gap for someone to exploit.

Also Coentrao used to be a leftwinger, never mind an attacking fullback, he is very capable of going forward when he has the confidence to do so. He main strength was actually carrying the ball forward, a little like Marcelo, but perhaps more directly and with less finesse.

Still dont understand that signing tbh.

Last edited by The Franchise on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Pepe suspended, its gonna get hard. Still one of the madridistas. No matter Varane should start.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:06 am

Looks like a bit.c who lost her job

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:13 am

Let's see how Varane does.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:34 am

I'm excited to see Varane playing against Bilbao from the start. should be a great test for him.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:41 am

who said Varane is starting? have you all forgotten than the portuguese old man is back?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:48 am

It's about time Zidane says so.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:54 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:who said Varane is starting? have you all forgotten than the portuguese old man is back?

Oh completely forgot Carvalho's back. :facepalm:

No chance for Varane then.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:19 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:we have a talented RB in our youth... seriously if Mou goes out to buy a RB when he can use Arbeloa until his legs gets old and then let Carvajal takeover i am going to order some Hydrochloric acid to pour over him

that's not a realistic scenario at all. Carvajal is still years away to start for us. We need help in that position, Arbeloa is good and reliable, but he isnt elite. Not a difference maker on his wing, and we need someone that can get up that wing.

i know it isnt realistic with Mou in charge... but the guy is the best defender that has come out of our academy for a long time touted as the new Salgado... one of the best players for U-19 spain

tbh we cant have both fullbacks attacking, what team does that??? they all have one defending and one attacking... however if Marcelo gets injured THEN i know we can see the difference because Coentrao is just an Arbeloa but on the other wing

Carvajal has also got some god damn crosses in him... when was the last time one of our fullbacks could cross???

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Coentrao is very attacking lol, you guys didnt see him play with Benfica. he is just more conservative and a little smarter than Marcela picking his runs. He doesnt have the same freedom marcelo does, the same margin for error, and he has played as a LB so little for us that his role is not as defined as it was with Benfica in that position. He is nothing like Arbeloa, his technical skills are way superior.

You can have both fullback attacking, it's not a problem, but you need a DM that will cover the defenders if both wing backs are a little high so that the line of defense can stretch into a 3 man line. Many teams do that, including the likes of Porto, Dortmund, or even Bayern. And both fullbacks need to work on coming back as well, just takes work rates and attitude.

Lol! Surely Carvalho is still a very good defender with experience...

I hope this is not some smart way of Real trying to have Pepe not face punishment from the league FF... they really need to do something to this fker apart from just let him be punished internally....

Coentrao was signed for something like 27M right and hes Portugese that Mouinho signed so Im sure Mourinho will find some way of fitting him into the team eventually? I would like to see him attack more since thats his best strength... but that seems likely that Marcelo will need to be dropped, or unless one of them can play in midfield or Coentrao RB obviously...

Too bad for Arbeloa, very good defender, but just not the attacking type which Real probably need...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:53 am

Pepe should be sold. I actually rate him decently as a defender, but every club has "that 1 guy" who completely shits on the team image and reputation. Pepe, Suarez, Busquets, Tevez, etc.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:01 pm

i love how he got "banned" by the club's pr department and not the league... it's very charming how lfp bans players for the grand offense of pointing out a wrong referee decision but does nothing with a deliberate attack with intention to harm
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:20 pm

he isnt even injured lol

he is in our sqaud to face Bilbao
halamadrid2
halamadrid2