FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Jesus > Religion Empty Re: Jesus > Religion

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Where does Jesus come from? Religion. Cast away religion, there is no Jesus. Jesus becomes invalid.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:06 am

Jesus comes from religion. I agree as so does everyone else.
But he is saying what religion is now and what it has become.
Cast away religion and what it is now. And retain faith only in Jesus himself.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:06 am

U don't need religion to believe in what Jesus, Moses or Muhammad preached......the main thing they taught people wasn't about God but how to live life....

just like how Buddha, Confucius and many others preached almost the exact same things as them but they didn't believe in Religion
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:12 am

The ideas of Jesus and his philosophy is better if t stands on it's own rather than combined and manipulated with other ideas and philosophies in an incoherent practice called religon.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 pm

how about just don't be a dick to other people and mind your own business without worshiping a guy who lived 2000 years ago?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 pm

che wrote:how about just don't be a dick to other people and mind your own business without worshiping a guy who lived 2000 years ago?
No. Let's continue to adhere to the religion we were brought up to believe in and thereby also abide the laws of conformity.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:02 pm

che wrote:how about just don't be a dick to other people and mind your own business without worshiping a guy who lived 2000 years ago?

No proof either.

If there was an apocalypse right now and a couple Superman comics remained people would probably be worshipping him
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:53 pm

nah, jesus lived, pretty sure there's a lot of contemporary historical evidence of a self-proclaimed prophet in that area... like the countless nutjobs who start their cults today, except jesus had the advantage that the people back then didn't have internet and literacy to ridicule him
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:44 am

Pretty sure he's talking about how Christianity is applied now rather than how it's supposed to be applied, no?

As much as I don't really care about this anymore, I loved the video. It was entertaining
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:03 am

Hold on, I just watched the video again and understood what he meant. He's pretty much saying that, when Jesus was on that cross and took away all our sins, that was the end of religion. Religion is now no-more, for he ended it....that's what I got.

It's not separating Jesus from Religion
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:54 am

I think I like you... a lot... Very Happy
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:31 pm

awww

Jesus > Religion Tumblr_ll59drop8u1qzinmmo1_400
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:29 am

I have to say, I believe the first video's argument is quite flawed.

This one, I believe makes a lot more sense
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:12 am

basically all religions preach the same thing, live a good sin - free life, perform your wordly duties , protect your near and dear ones etc..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Jeps33178 wrote:I have to say, I believe the first video's argument is quite flawed.
You don't say so? It's about religion, of course it's going to be flawed. It's all about semantics.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:Where does Jesus come from? Religion. Cast away religion, there is no Jesus. Jesus becomes invalid.

The guy in the first video is saying Jesus came to abolish religion. Once Jesus "came" from religion, who are you to say that the end of religion would make Jesus invalid. Religion can continue without Jesus and vice versa, I think the poet was just trying to show the negative impact religion can have. I've actually seen it first hand and it's very sad.

I've always had faith since I was a child, although I'm not a big fan of churches and religion. I believe everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, we just have to allow others to believe what they choose to. Not to say I don't disagree or have my own opinion, at the end of the day I can't quite explain what/who I believe in. I just try to be the best man I can and make an effort to help others when possible.

Also, in what ways is the first video flawed? I'm not saying it is, nor am I saying it isn't, just would like to know how you came to that conclusion. The guy is just sharing his life experience in the form of spoken word and I found it to be beautiful. I did enjoy the second video, although I did think he was trying to prove the first video wrong instead of just putting his thoughts out there.

It's easy to sit back and criticize the video, but it'd be nice if you actually backed up what you were saying. You come across as very arrogant, that's just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:54 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:Where does Jesus come from? Religion. Cast away religion, there is no Jesus. Jesus becomes invalid.

The guy in the first video is saying Jesus came to abolish religion.
That went well ...

Once Jesus "came" from religion, who are you to say that the end of religion would make Jesus invalid.
I might have worded my post poorly. My point is that no one (at least not the majority of the world) would even know or believe in Jesus had it not been for organized religion. So without religion, no awareness of Jesus.

If history hadn't been as influenced by religion as it has and you took up a bible to read it, you'd end up throwing it away because of all the nonsense that is written inside it. You wouldn't even think twice about extracting Jesus from the equation.

People need to come to terms with the reality of the situation. They have to ask themselves why they're believing in religion in the first place and why they feel it's important to cherry pick from a book that is full of nonsense. And as Che said:
I find it disturbing that in the year of 2012, people still feel the need to find reason through an ancient book.

Also, in what ways is the first video flawed?
me wrote:
The guy in the first video is saying Jesus came to abolish religion.
That went well ...
And let's consider the source again - where Jesus came from. The Bible! That should speak volumes. And the guy eventually in the video says that he loves the church, loves the bible and believes in sin. So why the hell (no pun intended) is he preaching against religion again?

It's easy to sit back and criticize the video, but it'd be nice if you actually backed up what you were saying. You come across as very arrogant, that's just my opinion.
I don't come across as arrogant. I am. I just don't like it when people are trying to make something utterly illogical seem appealing by using various methods. In this case it's someone who appeals to people's love of rhymes and poetry.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Your post is filled with negative vibes, I feel sorry for you. I sense you feel the need to always be right and you're quite self-righteous.

how about just don't be a dick to other people and mind your own business without worshiping a guy who lived 2000 years ago?

Yet you care so much what other people think and believe

When I say things like, "The guy in the first video is saying Jesus came to abolish religion." It doesn't mean I believe it's true, but this thread was about his video and what he chooses to think.

U don't need religion to believe in what Jesus, Moses or Muhammad preached......the main thing they taught people wasn't about God but how to live life....

just like how Buddha, Confucius and many others preached almost the exact same things as them but they didn't believe in Religion

That's more what I'm getting at. I don't have as much knowledge on the likes of: Confucius and Buddha. But, based on what imalegend has said about them, I'm more inclined to side with them. I've never been a fan of religion and church because they don't welcome everybody, I learned at a young age it wasn't right to discriminate. While I do have my moments where I judge (don't we all,) I'm not bothered if someone believes something illogical if it helps them become a "better" person. I'm not one to knock any type of religion, I just draw the line when people begin to hate without getting to know another being (animals and others included.)

I don't know who or what I believe in, I just have faith. Trying to label it and put a image behind it is just wrong (just my opinion.)

I don't come across as arrogant. I am. I just don't like it when people are trying to make something utterly illogical seem appealing by using various methods. In this case it's someone who appeals to people's love of rhymes and poetry.

I most certainly don't agree with everything in the video, but I do think he had a couple of good points, "One's the work of god, the other is a man made invention." Maybe he just made the video to share what he learned and come to believe in his journey through life. Why are you so bothered by what some random guy on youtube is doing, what happened to minding your own business?

I might have worded my post poorly. My point is that no one (at least not the majority of the world) would even know or believe in Jesus had it not been for organized religion. So without religion, no awareness of Jesus.

And back to the Jesus coming from religion, if Jesus was real it would mean that he came from his father/mother. I've never read the bible so I'm not sure who that is. Or are you saying that religion created "Jesus" and in reality he never existed?

My father is an atheist and so is my brother. My mother and I are the believers in the family, we don't really know what we believe in, but we just have that faith. We enjoy helping others and try to make this world a better place in our own way. I enjoyed that video because I thought his heart was in the right place , I don't understand why you're so bothered by it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:04 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:

I most certainly don't agree with everything in the video, but I do think he had a couple of good points, "One's the work of god, the other is a man made invention."
You believe in "One's the work of God"? Seriously?

Maybe he just made the video to share what he learned and come to believe in his journey through life. Why are you so bothered by what some random guy on youtube is doing, what happened to minding your own business?
Minding your own business could be interpreted as not restricting other people's business and by expressing how illogical the video is, I doubt I am doing that. As to why I'm bothered by the video? Because it's absolute nonsense, it uses several methods to appeal and because of that (amongst other reasons) people approve of such nonsense.

And I don't see how he learned much. He claims that "religion" is bad and Jesus came to abolish it but eventually says that he likes churches, the bible and believes in "sin". That's religion right there and utter nonsense.

And back to the Jesus coming from religion, if Jesus was real it would mean that he came from his father/mother.
Well according to the Bible, God impregnated virgin Mary (oxymoron) who then gave birth to Jesus. And that's not all of it ...

I've never read the bible so I'm not sure who that is.
Because the Bible also says that "God" is basically a unity between the "father", the "son" (Jesus!!!11one) and the "holy spirit". This nonsense goes by the name of "Trinity".

So God (kind of) gave birth to himself by impregnating (not really!) a virgin (who stayed a virgin after impregnation).

As you can see, the origins of baby Jesus makes a lot of sense.

Or are you saying that religion created "Jesus" and in reality he never existed?
Based on the information I just gave ... He pretty much was created by the Bible. But yeah, chances are that a guy like him DID exist but as a normal human being without the nonsense claims that are in the Bible.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:07 pm

You can watch the whole video, and he makes some valid points but the main one is this:

Where, in the poem, does he differentiate between Christianity, Religion and Jesus? Christianity is a religion, if he wants to say otherwise then he should support that claim, which he failed to do.

Better yet, what do you take away from Religion to give you Jesus? Religion - *something* = Jesus , but what is that something? He never mentions any of it. In fact, nowhere does he ever show the difference between the two. He says they are different, but never gives the reasoning behind that. That's one of the major flaws in the original poem.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:27 pm

If you take away Christianity from Jesus...he becames the Same As Buddha, Confucius
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Based on the information I just gave ... He pretty much was created by the Bible. But yeah, chances are that a guy like him DID exist but as a normal human being without the nonsense claims that are in the Bible.

the Abbreviation you are looking for is " IMO "
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:

the Abbreviation you are looking for is " IMO "
What? That he was created by the Bible? Or that it's likely he existed but without supernatural abilities?

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:37 pm

both
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin