Potential
S
Lord Hades
Khaled
Jay29
51 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Champions League Last 16 Draw and Europa League Last 32 Draw: Live  - Page 8 Empty Re: Champions League Last 16 Draw and Europa League Last 32 Draw: Live

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:35 am

Gotta feel for Leverkusen. I can't completely write them off though. It's improbable that they'll get past the champs, but never impossible.

A strong showing at home is a must though.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions League Last 16 Draw and Europa League Last 32 Draw: Live  - Page 8 Empty Re: Champions League Last 16 Draw and Europa League Last 32 Draw: Live

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:35 am

Leverkusen will tie at home and get a beating of life time away.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Backspacer Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:36 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Leverkusen are going to get hammered and show the inferior quality of the rest of the Bundesliga teams other than Bayern as far as Champions league is concerned .
As if seeing off Valencia to Thursday night didn't prove the opposite...
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:39 am

Backspacer wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:Leverkusen are going to get hammered and show the inferior quality of the rest of the Bundesliga teams other than Bayern as far as Champions league is concerned .
As if seeing off Valencia to Thursday night didn't prove the opposite...

Head shot +50
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:41 am

Doc wrote:So........anyone thinks Leverkusen might actually do well against the Azulgrana?!

If they do they'll still manage to lose against APOEL in the next round.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:41 am

Backspacer wrote:As if seeing off Valencia to Thursday night didn't prove the opposite...

oh puhlease

if jonas could finish one of the 4 clear chances he had in the first half an hour at leverkusen we wouldn't even be having this discussion

you beat at team that sucks in every single away game in europe through sheer dumb luck, barcelona are going to wipe the floor with leverkusen, twice
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:42 am

English clubs getting the two hardest teams in the draw. :facepalm:

Complete joke.

At least we're playing the first leg away from home anyway.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:42 am

RealGunner wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Ibra already performed against a partnership of Verm and Kos.

nah, it was Song and Vermaelen in the 1st leg and Silvestre and Vermaelen in the 2nd

Even if he did, Koscielny improved immeasurably and Vermaelen has improved tactically as well, so it's a different ball game altogether.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:43 am

Headshot's :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Backspacer Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:46 am

I guess that great goalkeeping (from a 19 year old, just in case you didn't catch his age) and a quick, effective counter attack are the products of "sheer luck" these days, what a shame.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:47 am

Well err.Too much optimism and the ever growing Barca hate around here.

Seriously i think like Stuttgart they might give a strong home perfomance.Maybe that'll earn them a draw but i think Barca would be too hot to handle at Camp Nou.

But i'll be rooting for leverkusen though.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:50 am

Backspacer wrote:I guess that great goalkeeping (from a 19 year old, just in case you didn't catch his age) and a quick, effective counter attack are the products of "sheer luck" these days, what a shame.

:facepalm:

no, jonas and soldado missing multiple 100% chances that would have put the game beyond leverkusen's reach is sheer luck

you can keep flattering yourself but the fact is that leverkusen didn't go through because of how awesome they are but because valencia have the mentality and consistency of chickens

you remember what happened in the first 30-35 mins of the game at leverkusen? several clear chances for valencia and leverkusen couldn't touch the ball... now picture better players doing that for 180 minutes, that's what's going to happen
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 am

Doc wrote:So........anyone thinks Leverkusen might actually do well against the Azulgrana?!

if schalke can destroy inter then why not
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Backspacer Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:52 am

We won't win, but claiming that losing to one of the greatest sides I've ever seen shouldn't be claimed as a commentary on the non-Bayern portion of the Bundesliga. Valencia on Thursday should say enough about he subject.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Backspacer Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:54 am

che wrote:
Backspacer wrote:I guess that great goalkeeping (from a 19 year old, just in case you didn't catch his age) and a quick, effective counter attack are the products of "sheer luck" these days, what a shame.

:facepalm:

no, jonas and soldado missing multiple 100% chances that would have put the game beyond leverkusen's reach is sheer luck

you can keep flattering yourself but the fact is that leverkusen didn't go through because of how awesome they are but because valencia have the mentality and consistency of chickens

you remember what happened in the first 30-35 mins of the game at leverkusen? several clear chances for valencia and leverkusen couldn't touch the ball... now picture better players doing that for 180 minutes, that's what's going to happen
You keep mentioning luck here and I'm having a laugh at it every time, we've been doing that all year.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:55 am

typical germans -.-
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:58 am

But i still think the rest of the Bundesliga teams have not made a step-up into becoming a top cl quality team and i have seen nothing of that in recent years and maybe i wont be in the future as well.

I really dont buy that Schalke semi-appearance of last season.

Like i've said before Buli teams are made for the el rather than the CL.:coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Backspacer Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Che,we're arguing about different things. I'm rejecting a claim that Bayer/Barca will serve as a commentary regarding a lack of quality in the league outside of Bayern, you are putting the context of my words and applying it to the Barcelona matches which isn't what I intended, I know reallisticly what's going to go down when we play them. My bad on the miscommunication, bro.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 pm

Backspacer wrote:Che,we're arguing about different things. I'm rejecting a claim that Bayer/Barca will serve as a commentary regarding a lack of quality in the league outside of Bayern, you are putting the context of my words and applying it to the Barcelona matches which isn't what I intended, I know reallisticly what's going to go down when we play them. My bad on the miscommunication, bro.

My intention was to cut down your optimism honestly .:coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Doc wrote:Leno? What happened to Rene Adler? I know he was touted as a future goal keeping star, he dropped off the radar? Unless Leno is Adler, I don't know Sad
Unfortunately Adler was constantly injured in the last months and he will still be out until at least January 2012, possibly longer. Thus Leverkusen decided to sign Stuttgart's reserve keeper Bernd Leno on loan and as he developed very nicely, they signed him last month for an undisclosed fee (rumoured to be around 7-8 mio Euros) on a 5 year deal.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:27 pm

for the 1st time in a long time there will be no eng,ish team in the qf Sad
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Thank God Real didn't get Lyon again. I'd shoot myself in the face if that happened.

I just hope Apoel kicks Lyon's ass so hard that they don't come to knockout phase for the next 10 years. Sorry Lyon fans, but I'm just sick of this club. Every year I expect something new, but no, dumb fate puts Real and Lyon together. COME ON!!!

And it's amazing how lucky these guys are (ok, to be fair, it's not like their team is crap, its good). The 7-1 ass whooping of that failure Dinamo, and 2 wronfuly dissallowed goals for Ajax against Real made them get through. COME ON!!! And Imagine if Ajax was back in knockout phase, that would be a nice change of events, a pleasant refreshener. Instead - Lyon plays Apoel, and has a good chance of progressing.

Every year, they enter knockout phase, and even progress from the first leg often.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Lyon, but seeing them play Real constantly has made my eyes sore. It's just not fun anymore.

Leverkusen is not a bad opponent for Barca. It's an improvement over few last years whern Barca used to draw some really "weaker" clubs in the 1st knockout round.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:31 pm

jibers wrote:for the 1st time in a long time there will be no eng,ish team in the qf Sad

Arsenal and Chelsea will knock Milan and Napoli out imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:31 pm

if anyone seriously thinks leverkusen have even one percent chance against barca he is either a hater, or biased
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:33 pm

jibers wrote:for the 1st time in a long time there will be no eng,ish team in the qf Sad
What?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:35 pm

diptiman wrote:if anyone seriously thinks leverkusen have even one percent chance against barca he is either a hater, or biased
anything can happen so really :coffee:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next