El Chelsea Fuerte
Kick
jibers
Dutti
Ganso
DavidVilla92
12 posters

Go down

Theres still hope! Empty Theres still hope!

Post by DavidVilla92 Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:44 am

Hello fellow Man Utd Fans. Long time no talk.

After watching the Chelsea vs Man City game, i noticed that City aren't as impressive as they have been made out to be.
I watched over and over again Chelsea made stupid unnecessary mistakes with their lack of concentration with their passes. Man City had many chances to kill the game early in the second half but they didnt. Sergio Aguero proved to be ineffective in big games. This team has been over hyped and this has been shown in the CL. We have nothing special done this season either but we have 19 titles to have a say that Man City are not as good as they made out to be. I don't know how many times Balotelli had to dive on to the ground when they were under pressure. This guy is loveable and then hate able in a matter of seconds. Yaya Toure is ineffective if you can stop him from running with the ball. Milner is ok with runs but he can't give in a good delivery. Long story short we are 2points behind thanks to Chelsea and their big game players. But another thing i noticed is Man City seem to come on strong early in games but start to cower when level with big teams. Liverpool were all over them for 2/3 of that game and Mancini ended up bringing off attacking players for defenders. If teams can hold defensively and get in City's faces they seem to absolutely frighten themselves. We can do this guys in Fergie we trust.
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Theres still hope! Empty Re: Theres still hope!

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:13 am

They are overrated...great players but not a great team,at least yet.once arsenal and you guys get back on track,they will drop points.I'm sure they will be in cl next season,but honestly I don't see them lifting the epl trophy
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 am

Can Utd make the most out of Chelsea-City game?

I doubt it. Utd form has dropped so much compared to earlier in the season plus playing in the Europa league will hurt them.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:04 am

Still think we will win the league. We've been plauying badly for over 2 months now but we are still second. That says a lot.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:05 am

Your welcome :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:05 pm

But you need to buy a top midfielder to help the others out ffs

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:23 pm

I wish I had the same optimism as you Daniel and Jibers, but I just don't tbh. I know City ain't all they seem, and if teams get at them, they will break through and cause them problems....but............

...Vidic being out for the entire season has totally took my faith away for this season, unless SAF spends on a defender and a CM (now that Fletcher is out due to illness Sad get well Fletcher).

With Phil Jones impressing in the middle, I think he will be deployed even more in that position alongside either Carrick or Cleverley...either in a 2 man or 3 man midfield.

That leaves us only with Smalling, Evans and Rio at the back. I excluded the twins because they are unreliable and always seem not to last a full 90 mins without picking up an injury. If either the aforementioned gets injured, we will be totally screwed. We saw without Vidic just how leaky we are at the back, and a comeback v lowly Wolves doesn't suddenley shift my optimism.

City have played their toughest fixtures away from home except v Arsenal, and i expect them to pick up points (either draw or win) the return fixtures. I also expect them to blow away all the small teams.

Whilst we still have to go to Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and City. It's gonna be really tough. Especially without our captain and best player.

Big big early game v QPR on Sunday, we win that and we'll be on top before City kick off v Arsenal. We will see what kind of response City will give and how will they deal with the pressure. Remember, we are used to this pressure, City ain't. That is my only hope atm.

Lot's of talk going around today that we are gonna bid for Cahill in January. Good move imo. Good young CB who will shore up our defence. Please make it happen SAF.

Another thing, the game v City in the FA Cup will be huge to whoever wins. Will give the team a massive psychological boost for the rest of the season. We must win that game!!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:I wish I had the same optimism as you Daniel and Jibers, but I just don't tbh. I know City ain't all they seem, and if teams get at them, they will break through and cause them problems....but............

...Vidic being out for the entire season has totally took my faith away for this season, unless SAF spends on a defender and a CM (now that Fletcher is out due to illness Sad get well Fletcher).

With Phil Jones impressing in the middle, I think he will be deployed even more in that position alongside either Carrick or Cleverley...either in a 2 man or 3 man midfield.

That leaves us only with Smalling, Evans and Rio at the back. I excluded the twins because they are unreliable and always seem not to last a full 90 mins without picking up an injury. If either the aforementioned gets injured, we will be totally screwed. We saw without Vidic just how leaky we are at the back, and a comeback v lowly Wolves doesn't suddenley shift my optimism.

City have played their toughest fixtures away from home except v Arsenal, and i expect them to pick up points (either draw or win) the return fixtures. I also expect them to blow away all the small teams.

Whilst we still have to go to Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and City. It's gonna be really tough. Especially without our captain and best player.

Big big early game v QPR on Sunday, we win that and we'll be on top before City kick off v Arsenal. We will see what kind of response City will give and how will they deal with the pressure. Remember, we are used to this pressure, City ain't. That is my only hope atm.

Lot's of talk going around today that we are gonna bid for Cahill in January. Good move imo. Good young CB who will shore up our defence. Please make it happen SAF.

Another thing, the game v City in the FA Cup will be huge to whoever wins. Will give the team a massive psychological boost for the rest of the season. We must win that game!!

Come on.. we are the team who make incredible come backs. With Fletcher out now this is a blessing also, this must be enough to push Fergie to make a signing for our low midfielder count. I heard that we could be linked to Tim Cahill.. Is he good enough? Would you guys prefer to spend 20-25mill on a younger midfielder?
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:52 pm

DavidVilla92 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:I wish I had the same optimism as you Daniel and Jibers, but I just don't tbh. I know City ain't all they seem, and if teams get at them, they will break through and cause them problems....but............

Come on.. we are the team who make incredible come backs. With Fletcher out now this is a blessing also, this must be enough to push Fergie to make a signing for our low midfielder count. I heard that we could be linked to Tim Cahill.. Is he good enough? Would you guys prefer to spend 20-25mill on a younger midfielder?

Anyone other than Vidic being injured, and I would have tbh. It's gonna have to be like earlier this season when our attacker were outscoring oppositions to mask our suspect defending. Good thing about Saturday is that Rooney scored twice, it will boost his confidence and hopefully it will be the catalyst for him to go on a goal splurge till the end of the season.

We looked lively going forward and our attackers were playing well, Valencia was showing signs of being back to his best. But...I will reserve our change of form till after this Sunday and Wednesday, when we will be playing 2 tricky away fixtures....2 teams that are a bigger test than Wolves.

As for Tim Cahill, God I hope we don't get him...hell no. I don't mind who we get as long as it isn't no young 17 year old from Brazil or France or what not. I just want us to spend some damn money on a CM. I remember we did that in 05 when we bought Vidic and Evra.....look how they turned out.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:39 am

Saw in the Juve section that you may be getting Krasic on loan. Is it reliable?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Capitano Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:54 am

DavidVilla92 wrote:Hello fellow Man Utd Fans. Long time no talk.

After watching the Chelsea vs Man City game, i noticed that City aren't as impressive as they have been made out to be.
I watched over and over again Chelsea made stupid unnecessary mistakes with their lack of concentration with their passes. Man City had many chances to kill the game early in the second half but they didnt. Sergio Aguero proved to be ineffective in big games. This team has been over hyped and this has been shown in the CL. We have nothing special done this season either but we have 19 titles to have a say that Man City are not as good as they made out to be. I don't know how many times Balotelli had to dive on to the ground when they were under pressure. This guy is loveable and then hate able in a matter of seconds. Yaya Toure is ineffective if you can stop him from running with the ball. Milner is ok with runs but he can't give in a good delivery. Long story short we are 2points behind thanks to Chelsea and their big game players. But another thing i noticed is Man City seem to come on strong early in games but start to cower when level with big teams. Liverpool were all over them for 2/3 of that game and Mancini ended up bringing off attacking players for defenders. If teams can hold defensively and get in City's faces they seem to absolutely frighten themselves. We can do this guys in Fergie we trust.
Rather than looking at man city's weaknesses and trying to get hyped up out of that, look at the ones in ur teams and see what you can do then.

One thing is relying on youth, but another is being ignorant regarding the purchases you make.

You should work on the midfield, players like Yaan M Vila wouldnt be too bad.

Towards the comment, above it would be ridiculous to even approach a player like krasic.

Il Capitano
Il Capitano
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Krasic. :facepalm:

I'd rather have Pogba play in the mid than him. :coffee:
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:19 pm

I hope that's not true with regards to Krasic coming. Last thing we need is a damn winger.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:42 pm

And I thought all the transfer roads lead to Juventus and through Spurs...not the other way around.

I'm getting fed up with this 'buy a midfielder' crap talk. But then, just as I was ranting about it, Fletcher goes down. :facepalm:
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:05 pm

The positive for us is that we've played all the big clubs, so we can relax a little bit. On the contrary, Manchester City have Arsenal to play after a poor performance against Chelsea. This is when it really matters. City have had their five point lead reduced to two, at this stage of the season, it's all about mentality. What I have absolutely hated over the past couple of months is how so many people have overrated City's performances. If you really analyse their performances in depth, then you will see for yourself how they haven't been as solid as some have said. Kompany has fallen short of last season's impressive perform, whilst Lescott has been solid, which is a surprise to me. The best performer at the back has been Richards, definitely, by a country mile, has been the best right back in the league since the start of the year. What I'll give Mancini credit for is his braveness. Playing what is, essentially, a 4-2-4, but there's more self-discipline involved than one may think. The transformation of Yaya Toure from a defensive midfielder to a box-to-box one shows his courageous. Just to end it off on a low for City, I know you love me, what's been poor is how their players seem to perform significantly better in the first 30 or so minutes, but degrade in quality in the second half.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:10 pm

You guys got Ajax in the EL. When you win that and move to the next round, you will face Athletic Bilbao provided they win.

That will be an awesome match!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:28 pm

we are still well in this title race, city will slip up plenty more times yet, traditionally we are much stronger from xmas onwards so i would say i am very confident.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum