TalkingReckless
BarrileteCosmico
Mr Nick09
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nigeria gay ban law - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigeria gay ban law

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:24 am

Idrisozet wrote:Think about it Paedophilia can't help it neither, a 13years old girl could agree to have sex with a 30years oldman.
You're the one who should think about it. Children are neither mentally nor physically ready to make such a choice and that's why it isn't a choice - pedophiles are just taking advantage of them. This is also the consensus psychologists have found.

Homosexuality on the other hand happens between two mature adults who are able to make a choice for themselves. Why should the government tell grown ups what to do with their sex lives as long as the parties involved consent to it? I'd like some proper arguments for this.

I'll wait ...

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Nigeria are a bunch of F#%ktards...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:10 pm

I dont really understand much about this topic, but from law perspective I can accept if a country pass a law based on their morals judgement of the society or what the society see's as normal or abnormal.

That's why I said in some countries polygamy marriage is recognised, while in others it is not,. Also some countries frown at somethings while you see some countries who allow adult to marry young people, personally I dont think it's right but I do understand it's their culture that has evolve over time, therefore makes up their moral judgement on what is normal and what is abnormal which in turn makes their laws

I can accept when a country pass a law based on their judgement on what they consider normal or abnormal, that is from Law perceptive.

But personally deep inside, I don't think is right to punish gay people or people who knows of such act and refuses to report it, say for example if I've gay friends, there is no way in this world I will ever report them if I am in Nigeria, I would rather go to jail but then again if they hit on me and continuously do this then of course I will report them just like how I will report any other person.

If you go back in history humans have always see gay as abnormality and majority still do even today, otherwise it will not even be a topic, it's just like racism, by nature most humans will favour their race or people closer to them above others,(that's why we have wars) depends on the circumstances sometimes. I understand all this, so I am not going to pretend and act like I dont know where Nigeria government is coming from, but that is not to say I will encourage punishment on gay people, personally I dont think it's right, if you ask me I think it's oppressing.

In addition you have to understand that I will also accept if a country base on their moral judgement pass laws that forbids fornicating and adultery or involving in public nudeness, but that's not to say I will encourage it, I don't think is right to punish people just like that, but that's not to say I will not understand where the government is coming from.

So if I am to approach Nigeria Government in regards to negotiating with them in abolishing punishment for gay people, I will not approach them in such away as if to say you guys are barbaric beings and you should stop this and such such. Rather I will say I understand and accept where you are coming from, but then again you must understand that the world is changing and evolving, I will threat them with respect because I am aware of where they are coming from but I can never encourage punishment on Gay people, it's wrong.

Totally wrong

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WoahMancini Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:30 pm

To add to the list of countries which would kill you for being gay... All countries with Sharia law. I'm sure it's also illegal to be gay in most American states.
WoahMancini
WoahMancini
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:29 pm

WoahMancini wrote:To add to the list of countries which would kill you for being gay... All countries with Sharia law. I'm sure it's also illegal to be gay in most American states.
It's not.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:31 pm

WoahMancini wrote:To add to the list of countries which would kill you for being gay... All countries with Sharia law. I'm sure it's also illegal to be gay in most American states.

Only gay marriages are banned in most states, other then that they don't have any other disadvantages (as far as I know).

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2