Wigan vs Arsenal Empty Wigan vs Arsenal

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Wigan vs Arsenal Thomas-Vermaelen-Arsenal-Wigan-Premier-League_2362488

Match:Wigan Vs Arsenal
Avenue: D.W Stadium
Time: 3 pm kick off BST, 4 pm GMT 1
Referee: M Clattenburg

Normal Service resume ?

The last two fixtures of Arsenal ended in a poor result. The match against Fulham wasnt all bad but it was 2 points dropped in the end. The players were not at fault though, The previous match against Dortmund took everything out of them. The CC match in midweek ended in a defeat, albeit the performance was excellent and with several key players rested. It can be said that all was not lost. The players would be fresh for the match against Wigan and thats whats more important. Speaking of tomorrows match, Arsenal travel to D.W Stadium hoping to carry on the excellent form in the league. Since the undeserved defeat at the White Hart lane, Arsenal havnt lost a match in the league and the only point dropped was against Fulham last saturday.

The interesting thing how is to see how our players go into the match. One would expect Arsenal to go down all guns blazing, but D.W stadium isnt the best of stadiums to play at. Away games are always tricky and with a wigan side who will defend for most of the match apart from few expected counters, it would be Arsenal who would have to answer the questions.

Wigan are on a bit of a roll atm. Having lost like 6 games in a row, they have got 4 points from their last 6 fixtures. That is quite encouraging for them and martinez must be thinking that something has finally Clicked in the team.

Team News

Arsenal

Arsenal will be without midfielders Abou Diaby and Tomas Rosicky, who have respective hamstring and thigh injuries. Defenders Carl Jenkinson and Bacary Sagna remain at least three weeks away from a return to fitness. Sagna might take longer.

Wigan

Wigan defender Emmerson Boyce could return to the squad after missing the last two matches through injury.Antolin Alcaraz serves the final game of a three-match suspension for spitting at Wolves' Richard Stearman.

Teams

Arsenal

-------------------------------------Szczesny--------------------------------------------

Djourou-----------------Mertesacker-----------Vermaelen-----------------------Santos

--------------------------------------Song---------------------------------------------

--------------------Ramsey------------------------Arteta----------------------------------

Walcott-------------------------------------------------------------------Gervinho----------

-----------------------------------Van persie-------------------------------------------------

Wigan( I think)

-------------------------------------Al Habsi-----------------------------------------------

Gohouri------------------Caldwell--------------Stam-----------------------Figueroa--------

-----------------------------Diame-----------Jones--------------------------------------

----------Moses--------------------Mcarthy-------------------Gomez----------------------

------------------------------------Di Santo-----------------------------------------------

Match Facts- BBC

Head-to-head

• Arsenal have won all nine home matches against Wigan in league and cup, but have only taken one point from their last two trips to the DW Stadium.
  • Wigan earned a point in the corresponding fixture last season courtesy of a late own goal by Sebastien Squillaci. In the previous encounter, Wigan scored three goals in the last 10 minutes to overturn a two-goal deficit and record their only league win over the Gunners.

Wigan

• Wigan won their first league match in 10 attempts at the expense of Sunderland last weekend.
  • They have won four penalties, more than any other team in the Premier League this season.
  • The Latics have the joint worst goalscoring record in the top flight, mustering only 12 goals in 13 matches.
  • Robert Martinez's side have only taken one point from their six previous matches against top-10 opposition this season.
  • Hugo Rodallega has made 99 Premier League appearances for Wigan.

Arsenal

• Arsenal have earned 16 points out of the last 18.
  • The Gunners have recouped an unequalled seven points from losing positions this season.
  • They have scored four own goals this season - more than any other team. They have never conceded five own goals in a league season.
  • Robin van Persie has scored 13 league goals this season - more than the entire Wigan team. The Arsenal captain has netted 31 Premier League goals in 2011. Only Alan Shearer (36 in 1995) and Thierry Henry (34 in 2004) have scored more in a calendar year.

Final Say

I am sure we will win this match. I also expect RVP to score one or two goals. Ramsey will be our key player in the middle. Theo to keep his excellent form.

4-0 Prediction
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Wigan vs Arsenal Empty Re: Wigan vs Arsenal

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Life saver RG

Great preview.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:00 am

Great Preview RG.

Like the pic, a must win game again, I think RVP had enough rest, its time for him to have another hatrick. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:45 am

i hope al-habsi has a bad day
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:29 am

Wigan vs Arsenal Wiganaway_statpack_big
Arsenal have led this game in the last two seasons and not gone on to win. We’re 4/7 to win, Wigan 5/1.

For Arsenal to lead at half-time yet draw the game you’ll get 14/1.

First goalscorer markets: Robin van Persie 13/5 – Theo Walcott 13/2 – Gervinho 11/2 – Aaron Ramsey 15/2 – Andre Santos 18/1

Correct score: Arsenal 1-0 – 13/2 : Arsenal 2-0 – 7/1 : Arsenal 2-1: 13/2 – Arsenal 3-1 – 10/1 : 2-2 draw 12/1

Where's Arteta Suspect?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mizG4Lyf Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:20 am

finally! when i woke up yesterday i was looking for this preview(it felt like saturday morning). thanks man and i think its about time we got another clean sheet so 3-0

mizG4Lyf
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:36 am

Great preview RG Smile

Should be a straight forward win..

And I hope that the trend of opponent goalkeepers making MoTM performances doesn't continue..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 am

Great preview RG ..based on that pic. i just can easily imagine even now the ball on Vigan's goal Razz

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Our last two visits to Wigan ended in bad result, but the teams were crap both of the times

Before them 2 matches, we used to put 4 goals past wigan nearly every year.

I hope we can do the same.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down