Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that?

+20
Emaharg
Lex
The Verminator
RED
lenear1030
RealGunner
MJ
SamuelJayC
Eman
6unner
julias
usman111
Sina
Twoism
waitressinthesky
Raptorgunner
djoe26
EL Patron
aleumdance
Jay29
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that? Empty Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that?

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:01 pm

We got complacent and were punished for it.

I hate that word and I hate it when it's used to describe Arsenal but unfortunately it is the best way to describe them after tonight. When Wigan suddenly went 2-0 up, we looked completely shell-shocked and began to panic. The subsequent performance was one that lacked any sort of co-ordination and composure; just everyone running around like trying to win the ball back quickly and trying to score quickly.

To use an analogy, we looked like a team being controlled by someone playing FIFA, constantly holding down the pressure and sprint buttons. The patience and composure we displayed against City wasn't there, and neither was the cool, controlled performance against Wolves.

Whenever someone got on the ball, they took too many touches, they picked the wrong pass, they ran into Wigan players, they couldn't produce that pass... everyone was culperable, except maybe Benayoun and Rosicky. When we did create a chance, we lacked the composure to finish.

It just goes to show how important players like Arteta and Wilshere are, as they are the only two midfielders with the composure, dicispline and excellent decision making in the squad and the only ones capable of keeping this midfield together as a unit and controlling the tempo.

Of course, I have to give Wigan a lot of credit. They're fighting for their lives and they came to the Emirates with a gameplan and had the confidence and desire to act out that gameplan. They worked incredibly hard, pressing us all over and shutting us out at the back (granted, we didn't exactly help ourselves) and got what they deserved.

Keep Calm
I'm as angry and frustrated as any other fan right now, but for the love of God please stop being so goddamn irrational. The performance and result were very disappointing, but we're still 3rd. It's going to be a lot closer than what we'd like, but what else is new? This game is another reminder that we need to keep focused and keep working hard. At no point can you take your foot off the accelerator and if you do, you get punished.

I don't want to see "Ramsey is shit", "Walcott is shit", "Wenger out" and all that nonsence. We, as fans, are far too prone to throwing our toys out the pram whenever something doesn't go our way. Grow up and take it on the chin. This performance by no means justifies that sort of negative thinking. I know it's hard for some to be rational in this sort of situation but some of the stuff I see after defeats is cringeworthy.

Time to refocus
Look on the bright side. While it's incredbly annoying that we need to knocked our high horses every now and then, it can be a good thing. Perhaps now we will realise that it's not over yet, and that we must continue to put in strong performances and picking up points, starting with that huge game against Chelsea on Saturday.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that? Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that?

Post by aleumdance Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:02 pm

any Ramsey fanboys left here?
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that? Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 2 Wigan: Just what the hell was that?

Post by aleumdance Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:02 pm

and Wigan players going down at every given opportunity

Roberto Martinez :bow:
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:03 pm

aleumdance wrote: any Ramsey fanboys left here?

I am the only one but i can't see staying here for long.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Iam not his fan but didnt Ramsey come on after we conceded two goals? Stop hating.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:04 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:

I am the only one but i can't see staying here for long.

join the knowledgeable side mate

in the words of Mancini " he (rams$hit) is finished"
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:05 pm

djoe26 wrote:
Iam not his fan but didnt Ramsey come on after we conceded two goals? Stop hating.

its not about the goals

we could have had multiple through passes, if he just passe dthe ball and did not hold for long..

and in the second half, onluy Song was pressing in our midfield,,
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Walcott was *bleep* useless, Ramsey is a *bleep* idiot all he does is stupid tricks.

Wenger is a blind man benching Oxlade and starting Walcott every game.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:08 pm

aleumdance wrote:
djoe26 wrote:

its not about the goals

we could have had multiple through passes, if he just passe dthe ball and did not hold for long..

He pressed where he could press. About playing through balls, i agree but maybe he is not there yet? Calling him shit is so harsh.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:08 pm

I don't think Wenger would be that stupid to leave Oxlade late anymore

Ramsey is finished, Walcott's stats this season has saved him
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by waitressinthesky Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Sorry Ramsey fanboys, but he was backheeling the ball into oblivion. Doesn't play like Arteta when we need a goal.

waitressinthesky
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:09 pm

This is the easiest review, WE WERE PLAYING LIKE SUNDAY LEAGUE TEAM. Only two players could hold their heads high, Rosicky and Benayou. The moment Wenger took out Yossi instead of Theo, we looked completely lost.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:09 pm

waitressinthesky wrote:Sorry Ramsey fanboys, but he was backheeling the ball into oblivion. Doesn't play like Arteta when we need a goal.

that pissed me off, the team worked so hard to win posession...all he had to do was keep it and he tried a backheel Evil or Very Mad
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:09 pm

djoe26 wrote:
aleumdance wrote:
djoe26 wrote:

its not about the goals

He pressed where he could press. About playing through balls, i agree but maybe he is not there yet? Calling him shit is so harsh.

MATE., RAMSEY HAS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR THE PAST 15 GAMES HE Has played,

HIS $HIT PERFORMANCE WAS EXPECTED
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Walcott was *bleep* useless, Ramsey is a *bleep* idiot all he does is stupid tricks.

Wenger is a blind man benching Oxlade and starting Walcott every game.

Same Chamberlain who gave the ball away every time? Yeah, can see where you're coming from.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:10 pm

and when i say we Need Giroud exactly for this kinda matches to add another option someone call this idea retarded :facepalm:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Sina wrote:and when i say we Need Giroud exactly for this kinda matches to add another option someone call this idea retarded :facepalm:

players we need that we can afford

Giroud, Matip, Podolski,
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by waitressinthesky Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Yeah, Chambo was kind of "cham"bolic today, too.

waitressinthesky
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:14 pm

if any of you saw that banner at emirates "KEEP THE FAITH" it sums up what happened today, it was bad unlucky day, some players didnot give their 100% but arsenal was meant to loose this match. It was destined by GOD so all we can do now accept this loss and start again from the next match.
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:14 pm

i swear wigan do this every f'in season against us in the last 4-5 games
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:15 pm

aleumdance wrote:I don't think Wenger would be that stupid to leave Oxlade late anymore

I have no idea how Theo finished the game, we were playing with one winger lol
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:17 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:
aleumdance wrote:I don't think Wenger would be that stupid to leave Oxlade late anymore

I have no idea how Theo finished the game, we were playing with one winger lol

I stopped watching after 85 minutes, Theo was just awful today, he got beat well
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Some of Arsenals fans so effing critical and so clueless that it makes me quit this forum. If Arsenal lose a game then it has to be Ramsey's or Walcott's fault. Before it was Arshavin and now it is Ramsey and Walcott. Yes i agree that Ramsey has been bad recently but blaming him for the every single defeat is so effing pathetic.

Last edited by djoe26 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:18 pm

yes wigan played well that is not due to commitment and desire, its due to that little extra energy that wins matches, arsenal had it too but wigan had it throughout and better.

too sum it all up two early goals rattled arsenal and arsenal couldnot keep its shape for the reminder of the match and lost. end of story bring on chelsea.
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:20 pm

djoe26 wrote:Some of Arsenals fans so effing critical and so clueless that it makes me quit this forum. If Arsenal lose a game then it has to be Ramsey's or Walcott's fault. Before it was Arshavin and now it is Ramsey and Walcott. Yes i agree that Ramsey has been shit recently but blaming him for the every single defeat is so effing pathetic.

It' s not their fault, they were awful that's all Very Happy
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next