Marcelo should remain as starting LB.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Fabio Coentrao Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Fabio Coentrao Discussion

Post by adnyana179 Thu 7 Jul - 1:58:19

I feel Coentrao would have less troubles acclimatizing to a RB role. Keep Marcelo as LB, his progress would be undone by switching him.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Thu 7 Jul - 6:37:25

omarish wrote:I think this is a bad buy. Wasn't he shit Portugal vs Spain? Puyol handled him with ease. And this is no upgrade from Marcelo... Maybe in a defensive way but Marcelos attacking has been really important for us (for example, against Barca?) and Marcelo is improving really fast. If you saw him at the start of the season he was lost but he is solid now in the defence imo.

And Marcelo brings alot to the locker room. Everyone likes him. I hope this is another Benzema, we pay alot of money just to bench him and he flops...

nah last time they played portugal destryoed spanish 1st team 4-0
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu 7 Jul - 6:51:05

Fabio Coentrao is a very good player.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu 7 Jul - 11:47:01

theaguia wrote:
omarish wrote:I think this is a bad buy. Wasn't he shit Portugal vs Spain? Puyol handled him with ease. And this is no upgrade from Marcelo... Maybe in a defensive way but Marcelos attacking has been really important for us (for example, against Barca?) and Marcelo is improving really fast. If you saw him at the start of the season he was lost but he is solid now in the defence imo.

And Marcelo brings alot to the locker room. Everyone likes him. I hope this is another Benzema, we pay alot of money just to bench him and he flops...

Yea but that was becouse of Nani and it wasn't the last time... Last time Spain won 1-0 in the WC if I'm correct?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Thu 7 Jul - 12:13:29

omarish wrote:
theaguia wrote:

Yea but that was becouse of Nani and it wasn't the last time... Last time Spain won 1-0 in the WC if I'm correct?

what are you talking abt? last time was 4-0 portugal after the wc when paulo bento took over do you really think portugal would have scored 4 goals under quiroz? and do you think it was because of nani no it wasn't basically every single portuguese player outperformed the spanish ones. Fabio coentrao also held his own when facing messi and argentina.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih77vZ16Dbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N51rqST9OZY
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Jul - 12:48:32

Coentrao is quality. No doubt about it. He is much better than Marcelo defensively mainly because he has good tactical awareness... something Marcelo needs to really work on.

But offensively, Marcelo is the best in the world imo.

In the end, i rate them very, very close if you compare them as LBs.

I think in the end there will be a competition for the LB spot early. The winner stays at LB and the loser goes to RB late in the preseason.

I hope Marcelo stayed in shape over the summer. He has serious competition. You have Coentrao and Arbeloa fighting it out for the corner defensive spots. If Varane impresses, Carvalho shows he's still got it and Pepe is where he should be, there's no guarantee that Ramos moves to CB. So Ramos may be in the competition for the RB spot too.

Competition is great. But this may actually get ugly at some point.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu 7 Jul - 13:04:06; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Thu 7 Jul - 13:02:18

lets hope not then.
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu 7 Jul - 13:07:22

theaguia wrote:
omarish wrote:
theaguia wrote:

what are you talking abt? last time was 4-0 portugal after the wc when paulo bento took over do you really think portugal would have scored 4 goals under quiroz? and do you think it was because of nani no it wasn't basically every single portuguese player outperformed the spanish ones. Fabio coentrao also held his own when facing messi and argentina.

That was a friendly and Nani was easily the best player that game imo, he really destroyed Spain. But once again it was a friendly, players usually dont try their best in friendlies.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu 7 Jul - 13:26:00

Have we ever discussed the possibility that he may be used higher up as an alternative to Cris or Di Maria?
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Jul - 13:30:32

hrealmadrid wrote:Have we ever discussed the possibility that he may be used higher up as an alternative to Cris or Di Maria?

Marcelo, who is an infinitely better offensive player than any LB in the world, was nothing short of meh as a midfield winger for us last year. Why would you try to put Marcelo or Ceontrao in place of two of the best wingers in the world in Di Maria and CR7? Not to mention the glut of great wingers on the bench.

No way imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu 7 Jul - 13:34:43

There is no way you pay 30m for a backup. So he is a starter, that much I know.

And he could bench Di Maria, but that would also be unnecessary.. But that is OK for me, I'd rather see Di Maria benched instead of Marcelo.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alex mahone Thu 7 Jul - 13:41:54

I don't think how much we paid for a player is a justification for whether he'll later end up as a backup or not
Once the season is started, it will be an open competition
For now, I think the chance of coentrao to bench marcelo is higher than to bench di maria
But I can see coentrao start as a winger for an extra defensive tactic, I hope this won't happen though No

Last edited by alex mahone on Thu 7 Jul - 13:47:22; edited 1 time in total
alex mahone
alex mahone
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Thu 7 Jul - 13:43:26

omarish wrote:
theaguia wrote:
omarish wrote:
theaguia wrote:

That was a friendly and Nani was easily the best player that game imo, he really destroyed Spain. But once again it was a friendly, players usually dont try their best in friendlies.

i think thats wrong, i mean friendlies i is what defines wether you will play for the nt or nt. even if you disregard portugal humilating spain's first team(who by the way had more than pride at stake) surely you hsould count the argentina friendly where messi was trying to get one over cr7. I probably am i a bit biased with benfica being my number 1 team, however the fact is i am a madrid fan too, at first i was bamboozled by the purchase but seing that coentrao is a class player and mou is a class coach there must be reason for his purchase. Mou hasnt just become a coach due to luck he knows his stuff
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Jul - 13:46:22

omarish wrote:There is no way you pay 30m for a backup. So he is a starter, that much I know.

And he could bench Di Maria, but that would also be unnecessary.. But that is OK for me, I'd rather see Di Maria benched instead of Marcelo.

Di Maria is a 100x better forward than Marcelo.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu 7 Jul - 13:47:54

theaguia wrote:
omarish wrote:
theaguia wrote:
omarish wrote:
theaguia wrote:

i think thats wrong, i mean friendlies i is what defines wether you will play for the nt or nt. even if you disregard portugal humilating spain's first team(who by the way had more than pride at stake) surely you hsould count the argentina friendly where messi was trying to get one over cr7. I probably am i a bit biased with benfica being my number 1 team, however the fact is i am a madrid fan too, at first i was bamboozled by the purchase but seing that coentrao is a class player and mou is a class coach there must be reason for his purchase. Mou hasnt just become a coach due to luck he knows his stuff

I agree if it is in Mous plan then it is better for the team. I really like Marcelo and his attacking has helped us alot this season. Honestly I just feel it's a waste considiring how fast Marcelo is improving and I actually tought he was a Real Madrid legend in the making.

It's a shame we're replacing him. Not only did he contribute alot to our attack, he helped with the locker room chemistry and he was a true madrista. We're getting a LB who might not even speak Spanish and is only gonna make our communication harder when we already have 2 Germans who doesn't even speak english. (altho both of them performed very well).

Last edited by omarish on Thu 7 Jul - 13:49:56; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu 7 Jul - 13:49:12

sportsczy wrote:
omarish wrote:There is no way you pay 30m for a backup. So he is a starter, that much I know.

Di Maria is a 100x better forward than Marcelo.

yeah maybe.. I'm being a blind fancelo...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Thu 7 Jul - 13:51:15

1) who says marcelo is going to be replaced?
2)coentrao speaks fluent spanish (remember he was loaned zaragoza) plus with so many portugese players its not a problem if he speaks portuguese furthermore it is easy for portuguese speakers to learn spanish
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu 7 Jul - 13:58:33

theaguia wrote:1) who says marcelo is going to be replaced?
2)coentrao speaks fluent spanish (remember he was loaned zaragoza) plus with so many portugese players its not a problem if he speaks portuguese furthermore it is easy for portuguese speakers to learn spanish

Marcelo is most likely gonna be replaced. We payed for a LB afterall

and did Coentrao learn Spanish in 1 season where he was loaned? Seems unlikely... Neutral
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu 7 Jul - 14:53:46

I wish I didn't believe this, but just because we spent 30 mil on him doesn't mean he will be a starter.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 7 Jul - 14:56:29

He will be a starter.

Mourinho particularly insisted on him to come here.

It makes perfect sense, otherwise we wouldnt have bought Varane as young CB, if we werent expecting Ramos to play CB,
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu 7 Jul - 15:13:33

Hey guys, been out of action for a while, moved cities and been settling in etc..

Whats the story with Coentrao? Which of the starting backline players are going to be booted to the bench. I hope its not Marcelo, I will be so annoyed if he is dropped.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Jul - 15:16:50

Carvalho very likely... although honestly, i really liked Carvalho last year. But he is getting old and will be a great bench sub.

More interesting question is who gets moved to RB... Coentrao or Marcelo? Coentrao is actually a much better tactical player than Marcelo and has a higher work rate.

Interesting training camp coming up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu 7 Jul - 15:39:15

Well they have to decide pretty fast, because we have two clasicos coming up in the middle of August, Super Cup!!

I agree about Carvalho getting the chop. so: Coentrao, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo?
-defensively, that looks like a weak left hand side.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Jul - 15:42:07

Giovanni10 wrote:Well they have to decide pretty fast, because we have to clasicos coming up in the middle of August, Super Cup!!

I agree about Carvalho getting the chop. so: Coentrao, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo?
-defensively, that looks like a weak left hand side.

That's why i think you move Marcelo to RB to be paired up with an experienced CB in Pepe. Ceontrao can help with Ramos getting acclimated.

But i also have a real fear of moving Marcelo when he is just becoming decent defensively at LB. He doesn't have natural defensive instincts and, thus, switching positions will be tougher for him.

Bu then again (lol), having Marcelo on the right would definitely make that side much, much more dangerous offensively.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next