McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Liverpool will follow up the signing of Charlie Adam with an improved offer for Stewart Downing. .Downing is expected to hold further talks about his future with McLeish on Friday and Liverpool's improved offer, likely to be around £18m, could even have arrived by then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14041899.stm

its up in BBC so i presume its very likely that Downing might be a Liverpool player by Sunday . .then again depends a lot on Downing's approach or talk with Mcleish . .

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:38 pm

Roma goalkeeper Alexander Doni is expected to complete a move to Liverpool by the end of today, according to his agent.

"We should close the deal by the end of the day," his agent Ovidio Colucci told Impero Romanista.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Roma-keeper-Doni-set-to-join-Liverpool-from-Roma-today-article761643.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

well not that exciting a news but a transfer nonetheless . .Melwood is buzzing! ! Very Happy

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:49 pm

News:
The agent of Liverpool defender Emiliano Insua claims Roma hold an interest in his client. AGENT NEWS

Done Deal:
As revealed by skysports.com earlier today, Rochdale have confirmed the signing of Stephen Darby on a season-long loan from Liverpool. The right-back had also been linked with Doncaster Rovers, MK Dons and Oldham Athletic. OFFICIAL

News:
Roma goalkeeper Alexander Doni is expected to complete his proposed move to Liverpool on Thursday, according to his agent. OFFICIAL

News:
After rejecting a £15million offer from Liverpool earlier in the week, Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish insists Stewart Downing is not for sale following reports the Reds could make an increased bid of £20million for the England winger. PAPERS

Contract News:
Liverpool's highly-rated teenage defender Andre Wisdom has signed a contract extension at Anfield. OFFICIAL

News:
Rennes coach Pierre Dreossi has admitted to holding an interest in Liverpool defender Chris Mavinga. OFFICIAL

Charlie Adam is a step closer to completing his move to Liverpool from Blackpool after passing a medical with the Merseyside giants. NOT OFFICIAL

News:
Whilst confirming Pablo Piatti's arrival, Valencia president Manuel Llorente reiterated his belief that Juan Mata will stay with the club. OFFICIAL

Update:
Director of football Damien Comolli has reiterated that Liverpool do not want to sell their best players after Glen Johnson signed a contract extension. OFFICIAL
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:12 pm

LFCTransferSpec LFC Transfer Specs
rumour has it LFC are trying to tempt lille with Ngog + cash for Hazard #LFC

what Twitter cooks up this days . .just wanted to share this to have a laugh . . . . Smile Very Happy Laughing :lol!:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Sepi wrote:Nothing is less exciting than signing a reserve goalie Very Happy

but I reckon we wanna get a couple of more signings done before flying to China

and a crappy one at that.

How many games will the reserve keeper will get! 1! 2! 3! Max 5. A youth keeper could have taken care of that. And for serious cases (injury to Pepe), Doni will simply be a disaster.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:36 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Sepi wrote:Nothing is less exciting than signing a reserve goalie Very Happy

but I reckon we wanna get a couple of more signings done before flying to China

and a crappy one at that.

How many games will the reserve keeper will get! 1! 2! 3! Max 5. A youth keeper could have taken care of that. And for serious cases (injury to Pepe), Doni will simply be a disaster.

i think maybe we are taking a more experienced GK as cover cause Reina had that surgery a few weeks back.
and i dont know how you recover from a hernia surgery, but maybe the chances of him getting injured now are a little bit higher than the last seasons (where he was never injured),
and you dont want to rely on a inexperienced 20yr old gk if that happened.

(Doni has been Roma starting gk for quite a few season, so he has experienced the high level.
but now there is the question about what his level is today indeed Very Happy Rolling Eyes )
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:51 pm

^^ It takes up to 2-3 weeks to completely recover from hernia surgery....So that shouldn't be a problem. Having a young keeper get experience is crucial because at some point in 5-6 years we'll have to replace Reina and it would be good for us to have an experienced youngster.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Messiakanino wrote:^^ It takes up to 2-3 weeks to completely recover from hernia surgery....So that shouldn't be a problem.
no chances at all of some kind of relapse in the future or smtg?or easier injuries to contract because of that surgery?
thats what i meant.
(but i dont really know a thing about that, so its all "maybe")

nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:01 pm

^^ Well im saying that cuz I had hernia....and i recovered after 3 weeks completely. I could play football right after the third week and hasn't bothered me since. So i doubt there will be any problems.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:30 pm

guys, the rumour about Cissokho coming to Liverpool is slightly growing here in France. Very Happy

here is the cover of FranceFootball coming out tomorrow ( usually quite reliable, the creators of the Ballon D'Or):

http://www.francefootball.fr/mag/flip/index_flip.html

and if you look at one of the titles down,
next to his pic, its written:
Lyon. Liverpool is waiting for Cissokho
(litteral translation)

will know what exactly is in there 2morrow.

also osome twitter talking about it.
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:58 pm

nj wrote:guys, the rumour about Cissokho coming to Liverpool is slightly growing here in France. Very Happy

here is the cover of FranceFootball coming out tomorrow ( usually quite reliable, the creators of the Ballon D'Or):

(litteral)

mate trust me i was just about to post this & ask you about what is written inside. . i know nothing about french . .took the course but learned nothing Embarassed

anyhow do let us know what happens . .o & i believe you did rate the guy highly, didn't u??
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
nj wrote:guys, the rumour about Cissokho coming to Liverpool is slightly growing here in France. Very Happy

(litteral)

mate trust me i was just about to post this & ask you about what is written inside. . i know nothing about french . .took the course but learned nothing Embarassed

anyhow do let us know what happens . .o & i believe you did rate the guy highly, didn't u??

+1. I was just about to post this(Saw it on RAWK) and ask nj about it whether French football is reliable and what it actually says.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Fahim89 wrote:

well, compared to the few others options we got, i rate him pretty highly.

people keep mentionning the bad season he had last season, but the whole Lyon squad had a very poor season, especially because of the shit manager they had and his negative mentality.(only Lloris, Reveillere & Lopez stood out and played well).

but im taking this as a chance to buy him for a little less than what he should normally be worth.
the true Cissokho is the one from his 1st season at Lyon, or his time at Porto, and he still has the qualities from that time (strenght, cross,pace, tackle).
what he only missed imo is confidence (but that was due to the coach), and some technique.

nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:16 pm

nj wrote:well, compared to the few others options we got, i rate him pretty highly.

people keep mentionning the bad season he had last season, but the whole Lyon squad had a very poor season, especially because of the shit manager they had and his negative mentality.(only Lloris, Reveillere & Lopez stood out and played well).

but im taking this as a chance to buy him for a little less than what he should normally be worth.
the true Cissokho is the one from his 1st season at Lyon, or his time at Porto, and he still has the qualities from that time (strenght, cross,pace, tackle).
what he only missed imo is confidence (but that was due to the coach), and some technique.

ahh well all i get from that is the guy needs a little Kenny love . .& he just might be the LB we r looking for Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:24 pm

based on what i know of him, isn't cissokho more of an attacking lb though? he'd be on the left side what glen is on the right, maybe even slightly less defensively, which would leave us a little weak at the back when both of them are in. could be completely off though.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:00 am

The Telegraph on the Downing situation. .

Liverpool ready to make new and improved £18m offer for Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/8624409/Liverpool-ready-to-make-new-and-improved-18m-offer-for-Aston-Villa-winger-Stewart-Downing.html

Daily Star on Mata. .

Arsenal are set to lose out on signing Mata to Liverpool who are thought to have tabled a 19 million pounds ($30.4 million) bid. The club has already lost out on the signing of Argentinean midfielder Ricardo Alvarez who has joined Inter Milan.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/Football/2011/Jul-08/Double-loss-likely-forArsenal-as-Nasri-Fabregas-exits-imminent.ashx#ixzz1RTMgwefv

Comolli regarding transfer on lfc.tv . .

Liverpool have been heavily linked with a lot of players. This is our second signing. How happy are you with how things are going in this transfer window?

We are very pleased because the two signings we've done were absolute priorities on our list. When you go into a transfer window you always have X number of targets, and it's very rare you get all of them. We're lucky we've got two of our priorities. That's good, and I'm sure there'll still be a lot of movement, especially going out but also, hopefully, a few more coming in.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/comolli-on-adam-and-transfers
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:49 am

^^ Daily star.Probably would hav read our forum yesterday
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:52 am

BeautifulGame wrote:^^ Daily star.Probably would hav read our forum yesterday

i don't know about their credibility . . saw the write up & there are some rumors up in twitter that DC is going to Spain . .plus the way the secrecy policy has worked i won't be surprised if something comes up Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:53 am

but one thing we have learned i guess nothing is for certain until its up in LFC.tv . . Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:59 am

Fahim89 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:^^ Daily star.Probably would hav read our forum yesterday

i don't know about their credibility . . saw the write up & there are some rumors up in twitter that DC is going to Spain . .plus the way the secrecy policy has worked i won't be surprised if something comes up Very Happy

TBH i put Mirror Mail Star Express all in the same category.Same old wine but with different bottles.Just guess work.Nowadays Telegraph seems the same way ever since the new management came in.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:28 am

Cissokho rumours, all right, I'm liking that.

Gotta say £18m is getting a wee bit expensive for Downing, but we'll see.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:31 am

Have to say, I'll take 10m Cissokho + 17-19m Downing over 25-30m Mata (or similar).

We still desperately need a LB.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:42 am

Apparently Cissokho said to L'Equipe when asked whether the issue could be settled this weekend with a trip to England for a possible signature Cissokho told they would know more on Friday night. Liverpool is still visibly dreaming. "Of course it would not hurt .

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110708_092347_cissokho-bientot-reds.html

Probably nj could explain what the article exactly means.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:23 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Apparently Cissokho said to L'Equipe when asked whether the issue could be settled this weekend with a trip to England for a possible signature Cissokho told they would know more on Friday night. Liverpool is still visibly dreaming. "Of course it would not hurt .

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110708_092347_cissokho-bientot-reds.html

pretty much what you already said Very Happy (expect your 2 last sentences translated)
actually Lequipe called him to know what that FranceFootball paper about him to Liverpool was all about.
but then he said that nothing was done for now, and that he would leave it to his agent to deal with it.
then they asked him if all could be sorted this week-end with a trip to England to sign, and he responded he would know more friday night (tonight^^).

but about the last 2 sentences you translated,(Liverpool fait toujours rêver visiblement. «C'est sûr que ce serait pas mal...») this is the real meaning: "apparently he still dreams of Liverpool. <<Of course, it wouldnt be bad>>"

"c'est pas mal=it's not bad, meaning it would be good Very Happy )

So what i understand is that 1stly he isnt denying that there is talk with us.
its obvious we are talking to him & his agent.
but i guess we will know more tonight and this week-end as he said Thumbs up
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:29 am

nj wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Apparently Cissokho said to L'Equipe when asked whether the issue could be settled this weekend with a trip to England for a possible signature Cissokho told they would know more on Friday night. Liverpool is still visibly dreaming. "Of course it would not hurt .

pretty much what you already said Very Happy (expect your 2 last sentences translated)
actually Lequipe called him to know what that FranceFootball paper about him to Liverpool was all about.
but then he said that nothing was done for now, and that he would leave it to his agent to deal with it.
then they asked him if all could be sorted this week-end with a trip to England to sign, and he responded he would know more friday night (tonight^^).

but about the last 2 sentences you translated,(Liverpool fait toujours rêver visiblement. «C'est sûr que ce serait pas mal...») this is the real meaning: "apparently he still dreams of Liverpool. <<Of course, it wouldnt be bad>>"

so another player who wants to come to LFC . .i would say that is great news! !

btw did you get my msg? does it say the same thing or worst? Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:33 am

nj wrote:

Cheers mate.

Hopefully we sign him up quickly and we know more about this today.Does it mention anything about price tags or talks with Lyon?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next