The Messiah
rwo power
REWB
Divine Intervention
10 posters

Go down

Unfair Competition Empty Unfair Competition

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Napoli don't have much depth. Cavani will play this weekend for full 90 minutes before the upcoming Champion's League game. I still think he'll surprise Bayern Munich but chances are evens slimmer at the moment. I'm sure Gomez will get rested, they have like 1000 strikers. Still, the victory will be more than juicy under given conditions!
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Unfair Competition Empty Re: Unfair Competition

Post by REWB Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:13 pm

who are napoli playing?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Actually, Bayern has mainly Gomez as striker, then Peterson who only played 2nd Bundesliga last season, and Olic is just coming back from a loooong injury.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:44 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:who are napoli playing?
Parma at home, they're fairly weak but we need to beat them to stay up top.
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:14 am

Divine Intervention wrote:Napoli don't have much depth. Cavani will play this weekend for full 90 minutes before the upcoming Champion's League game. I still think he'll surprise Bayern Munich but chances are evens slimmer at the moment. I'm sure Gomez will get rested, they have like 1000 strikers. Still, the victory will be more than juicy under given conditions!

I like this guy.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:17 am

How is it unfair? In order to do things in a consistent basis you need to have depth, that's why good squads have depth. Therefore, if your team can't meet the requirements because of lack of depth, it's because the best squad went through.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:24 am

use him as a sub against Parma,start him vs Munich then sub him off....also,just start one of Hamsik/Lavezzi
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:26 am

A forward line of Lucarelli-Pandev with Hamsik - to be rested at some point in the second half - is hardly a poor strikeforce. It's unfortunate that Donadel has been injured, however given Dzemaili has been brought in and a few extra defenders who still need to be tested, Napoli's bench has improved dramatically.

Bayern are unlikely to have to rely on Peterson, even with Olic's injuries, given Muller's deeper role can be easily compensated by Bayern's impressive midfield depth, however in the end, such is life. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Even when injuries strike, I would prefer to use the term cruel, rather than unfair. A team shouldn't be built on paper, Napoli have one of the best team spirits in Europe. They should have offered more chances to Dumitru and retained him as a potential back-up, however beyond this I believe they have the depth necessary to protect their stars in the build-up to this match.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:39 am

i see where ur coming from but its not exactly unfair. if napoli wants to fight on two fronts then they should have brought some reinforcements. Fighting in two fronts have cost many teams many titles before and napoli isnt an exception
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:32 am

dostoevsky wrote:A forward line of Lucarelli-Pandev with Hamsik - to be rested at some point in the second half - is hardly a poor strikeforce. It's unfortunate that Donadel has been injured, however given Dzemaili has been brought in and a few extra defenders who still need to be tested, Napoli's bench has improved dramatically.

Bayern are unlikely to have to rely on Peterson, even with Olic's injuries, given Muller's deeper role can be easily compensated by Bayern's impressive midfield depth, however in the end, such is life. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Even when injuries strike, I would prefer to use the term cruel, rather than unfair. A team shouldn't be built on paper, Napoli have one of the best team spirits in Europe. They should have offered more chances to Dumitru and retained him as a potential back-up, however beyond this I believe they have the depth necessary to protect their stars in the build-up to this match.
This guys knows everything about Napoli! Hello, my friend, nice to meet you. Pandev could do better than Dumitru so in the end the deal may pay off. My problem, Pandev is new to system, didn't get lots of starts so very rusty. we can't afford to lose any game for now, the competition is strict. Juve, both Milans and even Roma to some degree breathe down on our neck for champion's league places.

Last edited by Divine Intervention on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 am

Why are you posting this here? Post it in the Bayern section if you're gonna complain about your upcoming game against them
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:40 am

Nice to meet you too. It's a forward line which lacks chemistry, however given that you dealt fairly easily with Parma last season I believe it would be worth the risk to rest at least one of the front trio. As long as Napoli don't concede against Parma I'm confident that they'll win.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:43 am

I think Naploli should not get tense over this. The competition is fierce and runs will be hard to come by as the season progresses. My guess is that Napoli wants to progress from the CL then focus on the league. Progression would ensure a hefty sum, not to mention healthy exposure.

After that, it is really up to the draw.

In the league, injuries and form will decide the season. So Napoli should be strong contenders if they don't lose form, or have long-term injuries to star players.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:46 am

dostoevsky wrote:Nice to meet you too. It's a forward line which lacks chemistry, however given that you dealt fairly easily with Parma last season I believe it would be worth the risk to rest at least one of the front trio. As long as Napoli don't concede against Parma I'm confident that they'll win.
Chemistry is very important for counter attacks however you're right. Mazari has to take the gamble against Parma, they're fairly weak.
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down