MJ
urbaNRoots
Raptorgunner
50 posters

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by Jay29 Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Where does it say he wants Arsenal? It just states that we're supposedly interested and that he'd probably consider offers should they come in January.

Sow falls into the same category of Martin for me, in that both have only had one good season and need to prove they are more than just one-season wonders.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:39 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Where does it say he wants Arsenal? It just states that we're supposedly interested and that he'd probably consider offers should they come in January.

Sow falls into the same category of Martin for me, in that both have only had one good season and need to prove they are more than just one-season wonders.

He said in the summer time he would like to play for Arsenal, I think I posted that many times during the summer transfer window.
Sow told Canal Football radio: “I want to play at Arsenal. I think my game is best suited to the Premier League.

“It is my dream and I want to be playing Champions League football.

Lille striker Moussa Sow has declared his interest in joining Arsenal after the Ligue one champions refused to increase his wages.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:16 pm

i'd be a happy man if we picked up marko marin and rondon in January
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal have let it be known that they are going to increase van Persie’s wages to 90,000 Pounds a week (from 70,000) to persuade him to stay
With wages that low, i'm surprised we've kept him for as long as we have
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:33 pm

What do you guys think of Remy. Has a physique of Henry, pacey and seems to love Arsenal.

Would love to see the likes of Shaqiri, Goetze or Hazard coming in - but i don't see us getting any of those.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Lex wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal have let it be known that they are going to increase van Persie’s wages to 90,000 Pounds a week (from 70,000) to persuade him to stay

Yes its very low, but RVP was getting paid 70k while he was sitting at home with a top doctor taking care of him. Very Happy

I really believe 90k is no enough and if Man city wants him they would pay at least double that.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:45 pm

We should give RVP a MASSIVE bump to £130,000-£150,000k.

If it were youngsters, he club would have no problem giving out 5 £20,000/wk contracts to the kids.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:19 pm

the_gooner wrote:We should give RVP a MASSIVE bump to £130,000-£150,000k.

If it were youngsters, he club would have no problem giving out 5 £20,000/wk contracts to the kids.

The man deserves it really.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Lex wrote:

Wow is that all we can afford? even Spuds offered Modric more than this. He is our best player and deserves more than that. I wont be surprised if he does leave now.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:13 pm

give him 150k but only 70k while injured
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:34 pm

First and foremost, Its good to be back after 2 weeks of hiatus ... lol im sure you guys missed my banters right Very Happy? So with no further aduei I present you this crazy ass rumour

"Trawling through the various football internet sites this morning and one story which struck me was an article concerning Chelsea star striker Didier Drogba and a possible move to London rivals, Arsenal.

According to FootyBunker, Arsenal are considering making an attempt to sign Drogba, whose current deal with Chelsea expires in the summer.

Currently very much in manager Andre Villas-Boas’s plans, Drogba is likely to leave the Stamford Bridge Club in the summer. But a move to Arsenal would indeed be a shock.

That said, the acquisition of Drogba who will turn 34 in March would still be a good short term signing for Arsenal. It will therefore be interesting to see if there is much mileage to this story.

Arsenal fans let us know what you think? A good potential signing?"

Keeping in mind that this deal would less likely go through (although one could have said the same about Owen to United), would you welcome a 34year old Drog(who insistently happened to be an Arsenal fan back in France) ?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:41 pm

FootyBunker is the new CaughtOffside, just crap english rumors websites.

Do not waste your time wondering about it bro, it's entirely made up.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Is Nigerian Whiz Kid Lined Up For Arsenal Move?

Yet another teenager being lined up for a move to Arsenal, but this one is slightly different because he has already an experienced international as he has won 10 full international caps at the tender age of just 19.

Ahmed Musa plays for VVV-Venlo in the Dutch Eredivisie, where he has already played over 30 games and scored ten goals, and Arsenal are just one of a host of clubs that have been keeping a close eye on this Nigerian whiz kid, and yes you’ve guessed it Barcelona are also tracking him too.

http://justarsenal.com/
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:06 pm

According to a report in The Telegraph, Wenger will be handed £50million to use on new signings and making sure that players coming towards the end of deals are handed new contracts. Suspect

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/
:study:

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:According to a report in The Telegraph, Wenger will be handed £50million to use on new signings and making sure that players coming towards the end of deals are handed new contracts. Suspect

I will take statement with a pinch of salt. How many times have we heard that before?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:According to a report in The Telegraph, Wenger will be handed £50million to use on new signings and making sure that players coming towards the end of deals are handed new contracts. Suspect

I will take statement with a pinch of salt. How many times have we heard that before?

we'll only use 25mil. we wont spend anywhere near 50. wenger doesnt like winter transfers. hopefully some contracts will get extended. we'll see one addition maybe two if we're REALLY lucky. Of course we'll get the "wilshere/sagna will be like a new signing" crap as well...
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Walcott wants out – Does Juventus really appeal more than Arsenal?
Posted on October 19, 2011

The rumours of Arsenal’s sale of Theo Walcott have been in the mill for months now, and the winger-cum-striker has seemingly set his sights on exiting Arsenal with the favourites being Juventus – a club that has apparently in the search for his signature for some time – according to Corriere dello Sport. The newspaper suggests that coach Antonio Conte and chairman Beppe Marotta have agreed on a plan to sign him. Such a transfer does seem very possible, with the large amount of wingers already at the club and the unlikely situation that Wenger will refuse a potential £20m deal.

Some might suggest that joining a club in a league in which all but two fixtures ended 0-0 last week is a bad move, but Walcott could give Juventus – whose fans did indeed endure a goalless draw – the added zest to the wings that Italian football can’t always deal with. This was seemingly proved when Walcott himself scored two goals in as many games in the qualifiers against Udinese.

In fact, the lightning Englishman could even find himself playing up front through the centre as he has so often wanted at Arsenal, with Allessandro Del Piero’s time there coming to an end at the end of the season after being informed of no contract renewal.

The fact that Juventus are top of Serie ‘A’ and that Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ryo and Rosicky are all looking far more promising than Walcott at the moment – despite the occasional sign of brilliance – does suggest that Juventus is a far more attractive proposition than Arsenal. Whether such a move would guarantee his position in the England starting XI would be another issue altogether.

www.justarsenal.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:59 pm

we should sell him to juve and let him develop as a striker. he'll come back in 2 years or whenever rvp's past it because he has Arsenal DNA. then he can be like henry coming from juventus to arsenal....

Very Happy
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:03 pm

lenear1030 wrote:we should sell him to juve and let him develop as a striker. he'll come back in 2 years or whenever rvp's past it because he has Arsenal DNA. then he can be like henry coming from juventus to arsenal....

Very Happy

That would be epic. I am one of the few who still has high hopes regarding watcott.

While we are at it, Another rumor stating that Madrid are ready to provide 30 mil for RVP.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by getdarker Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:we should sell him to juve and let him develop as a striker. he'll come back in 2 years or whenever rvp's past it because he has Arsenal DNA. then he can be like henry coming from juventus to arsenal....

Very Happy

That would be epic. I am one of the few who still has high hopes regarding watcott.

While we are at it, Another rumor stating that Madrid are ready to provide 30 mil for RVP.

Would you trade rvp for benzema and some else?
getdarker
getdarker
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:14 pm

getdarker wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:

Very Happy

Would you trade rvp for benzema and some else?

NO effing WAY! RvP is an absolute GOD! Benzema who?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:19 pm

We would really benefit from playing 4-4-2 with RVP and Walcott up front or 4-3-1-2 with RVP playing CAM and Walcott and Moussa Sow playing up front (fantasy). Then we could swith RVP up front when Wilshere's back etc.

The point is, Walcott hasn't been given fair time to develop as a striker.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Which is weird because Wenger has given crappy players gazillion chances to prove themselves during the most important games (almunia vs United CL semis, Deneilson vs pick a match, Squalachi most recently , Bendtner vs Barcelona) but I dont understand why Walcott has not been given the fair trial. Maybe there must be more to it than what we see.

Secondly, i would bite the bullet and swap benzema for RVP plus additional cash on our part. There is no guarantee that Robin will sign a new contract, so we must act quickly.

swapping a potential best striker in the world for cash and a striker almost hitting 30 with 2 years left on the contract would be a highway robbery.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Yeah, that's if there's no chance of holding on to RVP. But I'm confused by Real Madrid's interest, whatever, as long as we get Benzema if we give him up. Or Andre Ayew, that guy plays sick like his father.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Shitottenham are reportedly set to renew their interest in Athletic Bilbao star Fernando Llorente but face competition from rivals Arsenal for the striker's signature.

Spurs were linked to the Spain international in the summer as manager Harry Redknapp scoured the globe for a prolific front-man to solve the goal-scoring problems of last season.

He failed to land any of his reported targets but managed to secure a season-long loan deal for Manchester City forward Emmanuel Adebayor.

However, it is thought Redknapp is eager to recruit a striker on a permanent basis and has set his sights on Llorente.

According to Cadena Ser, the 26-year-old is unsettled at Bilbao and is considering his long-term future with the Spanish club.

Redknapp will reportedly face a battle with fierce rivals Arsenal in their pursuit of Llorente with the Gunners also thought to be interested in his services.

Both clubs will need to be willing to spend big to prize Llorente away from Bilbao, who value the striker at a reported €30m.

Shocked
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:37 pm

30 M?! is he really worth that? and that's an honest question because Im not too familiar with him.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next