Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:32 am

Here you go Neal..

Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Parma  - AS Roma - Page 3 Empty Re: Parma - AS Roma

Post by sukrut23 Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:25 am

we can be satisfied coming away with three points from a difficult place like parma but we got out jail for more than one occation..
1. Gio on a brigher day could have netted 3.
2. Biabany who didnt elect to pass could have helped gio's cause but he was close too.
3. Simon Kjaer should have been sent off but i think Cristian Zaccardo should have been off too.
4. Osvaldo could have scored two or more but still got a good goal, he did the job.

next week we take on atalanta at home,if it wasnt for their points deduction they would have been on top of the league.. players like maxi morales can be a pain for ddr n the defence..

p.s.-- how much is giovinco available for? class act
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:19 am

McLewis wrote:Didn't see the game unfortunately so I won't be able to properly analyze it.

Luis Enrique has to be the most relieved coach in Europe right now. I'm quite happy for him as well as the team. The Tardini is not an easy place to come and win for us. Parma always do their utmost and I assume they did as much today.

Osvaldo may not be the type of striker that looks good when he's not scoring, but he did score today just as he did against Siena. He's doing what a striker is supposed to do. His job is score goals. That why we paid 17m for him. If we wanted a striker that was going to do all the tricks, flicks and pretty passes, we would've went for Nilmar.

actually, osvaldo showed a nice piece of skill early on around the ~10min. dribbled past 4 or so defenders cutting in from the left flank. i know you didnt see the game. but just to let you know. Wink

also, anyone else see osvaldo when he let his hair down? it started giving me flashbacks of a certain former argentine as roma striker....
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:54 pm

schnix wrote:
McLewis wrote:Didn't see the game unfortunately so I won't be able to properly analyze it.

Luis Enrique has to be the most relieved coach in Europe right now. I'm quite happy for him as well as the team. The Tardini is not an easy place to come and win for us. Parma always do their utmost and I assume they did as much today.

Osvaldo may not be the type of striker that looks good when he's not scoring, but he did score today just as he did against Siena. He's doing what a striker is supposed to do. His job is score goals. That why we paid 17m for him. If we wanted a striker that was going to do all the tricks, flicks and pretty passes, we would've went for Nilmar.

actually, osvaldo showed a nice piece of skill early on around the ~10min. dribbled past 4 or so defenders cutting in from the left flank. i know you didnt see the game. but just to let you know. Wink

also, anyone else see osvaldo when he let his hair down? it started giving me flashbacks of a certain former argentine as roma striker....

...February 4th, 2001... notice anything else that's familiar?

So a good job from Osvaldo, Totti and Rosi as mentioned. De Rossi also played a good game, as well as Heinze who no one has mentioned yet. He was very solid at the back; good judgement, went forward on a few occasions and was an aerial threat.

Our play still needs to improve. I would prefer if our counters were a little quicker because they would have a lot of potential, but that's not the game we're trying to play. I think the 3 forwards selected were much better than the previous game, as Borriello and Osvaldo can't play together imo. With Borini in, we had a lot more speed going forward. He played a decent match but probably deserved a yellow after a number of fouls (but of course I don't mind the occasional tactical foul). One thing that worried me was our last 10 minutes. We seemed to be very tired by the end of the match and gave away too much space in midfield, especially because we kept on three strikers. With Pjanic picking up a knock and Kjaer being subbed at half time, Enrique's hands were tied with the substitutions, so we risked losing our lead. All in all, we finally got the win we were looking for which would allow the boys to train in peace for a week.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:03 pm

No I don't Mike
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 am

ErPupone wrote:
schnix wrote:

So a good job from Osvaldo, Totti and Rosi as mentioned. De Rossi also played a good game, as well as Heinze who no one has mentioned yet. He was very solid at the back; good judgement, went forward on a few occasions and was an aerial threat.

Our play still needs to improve. I would prefer if our counters were a little quicker because they would have a lot of potential, but that's not the game we're trying to play. I think the 3 forwards selected were much better than the previous game, as Borriello and Osvaldo can't play together imo. With Borini in, we had a lot more speed going forward. He played a decent match but probably deserved a yellow after a number of fouls (but of course I don't mind the occasional tactical foul). One thing that worried me was our last 10 minutes. We seemed to be very tired by the end of the match and gave away too much space in midfield, especially because we kept on three strikers. With Pjanic picking up a knock and Kjaer being subbed at half time, Enrique's hands were tied with the substitutions, so we risked losing our lead. All in all, we finally got the win we were looking for which would allow the boys to train in peace for a week.

We need to be quicker full stop imo not just on the counter,but overall play.Their were times last night (Esp in the 1st half) when I actually nearly fell asleep watching it.To much passing going on at the back which makes me nervous to watch because none of our CB's look composed on the ball.We rely on DDR to much which I again want to point out is wasted in that position.Maybe we should look for a sweeper in the January transfer window...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:25 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:No I don't Mike

10 years ago under the same curva... come on!
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:27 am

ErPupone wrote:

I was being sarcastic :facepalm:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:29 am

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
schnix wrote:

We need to be quicker full stop imo not just on the counter,but overall play.Their were times last night (Esp in the 1st half) when I actually nearly fell asleep watching it.To much passing going on at the back which makes me nervous to watch because none of our CB's look composed on the ball.We rely on DDR to much which I again want to point out is wasted in that position.Maybe we should look for a sweeper in the January transfer window...

Well, I'm on the fence about De Rossi's positioning. I understand when some say that he's wasted so far back, because he's great going forwards as well. But, we need someone who we could really rely on sitting in front of our centerbacks. And at this point in time, no one is better in that position than De Rossi. Pizarro isn't good enough defensively, Perrotta isn't as good at picking out a pass. The only other option is Gago but he isn't fully fit yet and will require more time to get settled into our squad. So for the moment, De Rossi is a must in that position. A few weeks down the road, we'll see how Gago could handle it.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

I was being sarcastic :facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

The missing coffee guy threw me off.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:49 am

I forgot :coffee: