ErPupone
schnix
Patrick Bateman
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AS Roma - Parma Empty AS Roma - Parma

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:08 pm

Hope we can bounce back with a home win here.We have a fantastic record against Parma at home.So I'll be expecting 3 points just like I'm sure most of you guys will be as well.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

AS Roma - Parma Empty Re: AS Roma - Parma

Post by schnix Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:11 pm

well we've kinda been alternating back and forth between goodgame-badgame-goodgame-badgame.... so we're going have have a goodgame vs parma right?
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm

schnix wrote:well we've kinda been alternating back and forth between goodgame-badgame-goodgame-badgame.... so we're going have have a goodgame vs parma right?

I certainly hope so otherwise Clubber

If Kjaer starts I won't be watching this game.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:51 pm

if kjaer starts i'm going to have to choke a kitten to death
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:57 am

De Rossi in defence v Parma?
By Football Italia staff

Roma boss Luis Enrique could once again be forced to use Daniele De Rossi as a centre-back.

The central midfielder will be considered in the role should Juan fail to prove his fitness in time for the game against Parma.

The capital club are short of centre-backs given that Nicolas Burdisso is out for the season with injury and Simon Kjaer is suspended.

If Juan doesn’t recover from a fitness issue, then the Spaniard will partner Gabriel Heinze with De Rossi or Marco Cassetti.

The Roman has already been used in defence this season – a stunning performance in the 1-1 daw with Juventus.

Yes, De Rossi at cb PLEASE! Even when Kjaer comes back.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:56 am

Only if Gago is fit otherwise go with Cassetti at CB,we really need Daniele in the midfield,we can't afford to slip up at home to Parma.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Marquinho has made himself available for the game in his press conference today.

Highly doubt he'll actually make it though. He'll also wear the #7 shirt.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:08 pm

A win is absolutely necessary here if we want to continue aiming for those champions league spots. 3 points would allow us to jump over both Napoli and Inter who both played today; Napoli passed us with a win, while Inter slipped up again.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:18 am

I imagine that Parma will still be on a high after holding Juve to a draw in midweek.So we'll have to approach this game in a cautious manner,we cannot afford to underestimate them if we do we will get burned...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:05 pm

From Enrique's press conference -

--------------------------

02/18/2012

THE GAME AGAINST PARMA
Parma have a different manager to when we first met them this season and a different playing philosophy. Up front they have Floccari and Giovinco, who could cause us real problems, but we've studied our opponents very well. I expect them to play the way teams usually do when they come to the Olimpico: defend and hit on the break. But I also expect us to turn out a better performance than we have in recent games.

UPS AND DOWNS
Why have we had so many ups and downs this season? There isn't a tactical, physical or mental explanation for it. It depends on what happens between the two sides on the pitch, on how good our opponents are and how much we put into it. This team has always tried to impose itself on the game, but you get matches where the opposition cause you more problems than in others.

MY MENTALITY
The target for the season? I always focus on the present: at the moment I'm worried about Parma. My job is to work on one game at a time with the squad available to me, which is the best one I could have had. In my scheme of things no one is guaranteed a place, not the players and not the coach. Everyone must give 100% every day to earn the right to stay at this amazing club. That's how it works in football and that's what makes it so appealing. Not that I'm saying anything new, it's always been that way and it always will be. Do I see this year as a transitional season? I wouldn't call it transition, I'm looking at tomorrow's game against Parma and I want to win. If we lose a match, I try to bounce right back and win the next one. I don't let up in training, let alone in a match. That's my mentality.

MARQUINHO
He's not ready to play yet but he's getting there. He only came in two weeks ago and he has to learn the movements of the team and reach the same fitness levels as his team-mates. That's why he's not 100% yet.

OSVALDO
Will Dani play tomorrow? I don't know if he will start or finish the game because I'm not sure he has 90 minutes in him. I know that he might start. We'll see tomorrow.

YOUNGSTERS AND THE FUTURE
The Primavera are playing in the Viareggio Cup semi-finals today and I'll definitely be watching it. I've always said that you have to build your future on youth. But here in Italy there's a huge difference between the Primavera and the first team, unlike in Spain where the B teams are already playing at a very high level in the second or third division. It's more difficult here. Fortunately there's a lot of emphasis on the youth academy at Roma but I see that when the Primavera boys train with us they find it tough: too tough, there's a clear gap there. So ideally you need to increase the level of competitiveness in youth teams. For example when Viviani plays for the Primavera, he stands out above the others; it would be better for him to test his mettle at a higher level straight away. But that's just the way I see things, I'm not making any requests.

THE EXAM IS TOMORROW
Who would I like to keep from the current squad? As I said, you're under exam every day. The real exam is tomorrow, at the stadium against Parma: nobody has passed anything, not even myself. That's the message I want to send out: nobody has a guaranteed place every Sunday. I don't want to talk about next summer's transfer market. You have to do well day in day out and I only look at the present, next year is not important. Tomorrow at the stadium, backed by the fans, will be the real exam. Only if we reason in this way will Roma become great.

------------------------

:bow:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Hopefully Juan is good to play I hate seeing DDR play CB...What a waste.

Also...Parma has the best kits in the league.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:15 am

McLewis wrote:From Enrique's press conference -

--------------------------

02/18/2012

THE GAME AGAINST PARMA
Parma have a different manager to when we first met them this season and a different playing philosophy. Up front they have Floccari and Giovinco, who could cause us real problems, but we've studied our opponents very well. I expect them to play the way teams usually do when they come to the Olimpico: defend and hit on the break. But I also expect us to turn out a better performance than we have in recent games.

UPS AND DOWNS
Why have we had so many ups and downs this season? There isn't a tactical, physical or mental explanation for it. It depends on what happens between the two sides on the pitch, on how good our opponents are and how much we put into it. This team has always tried to impose itself on the game, but you get matches where the opposition cause you more problems than in others.

MY MENTALITY
The target for the season? I always focus on the present: at the moment I'm worried about Parma. My job is to work on one game at a time with the squad available to me, which is the best one I could have had. In my scheme of things no one is guaranteed a place, not the players and not the coach. Everyone must give 100% every day to earn the right to stay at this amazing club. That's how it works in football and that's what makes it so appealing. Not that I'm saying anything new, it's always been that way and it always will be. Do I see this year as a transitional season? I wouldn't call it transition, I'm looking at tomorrow's game against Parma and I want to win. If we lose a match, I try to bounce right back and win the next one. I don't let up in training, let alone in a match. That's my mentality.

MARQUINHO
He's not ready to play yet but he's getting there. He only came in two weeks ago and he has to learn the movements of the team and reach the same fitness levels as his team-mates. That's why he's not 100% yet.

OSVALDO
Will Dani play tomorrow? I don't know if he will start or finish the game because I'm not sure he has 90 minutes in him. I know that he might start. We'll see tomorrow.

YOUNGSTERS AND THE FUTURE
The Primavera are playing in the Viareggio Cup semi-finals today and I'll definitely be watching it. I've always said that you have to build your future on youth. But here in Italy there's a huge difference between the Primavera and the first team, unlike in Spain where the B teams are already playing at a very high level in the second or third division. It's more difficult here. Fortunately there's a lot of emphasis on the youth academy at Roma but I see that when the Primavera boys train with us they find it tough: too tough, there's a clear gap there. So ideally you need to increase the level of competitiveness in youth teams. For example when Viviani plays for the Primavera, he stands out above the others; it would be better for him to test his mettle at a higher level straight away. But that's just the way I see things, I'm not making any requests.

THE EXAM IS TOMORROW
Who would I like to keep from the current squad? As I said, you're under exam every day. The real exam is tomorrow, at the stadium against Parma: nobody has passed anything, not even myself. That's the message I want to send out: nobody has a guaranteed place every Sunday. I don't want to talk about next summer's transfer market. You have to do well day in day out and I only look at the present, next year is not important. Tomorrow at the stadium, backed by the fans, will be the real exam. Only if we reason in this way will Roma become great.

------------------------

Starting to love this guy even more ( No Homo )
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:18 am

Serie A Week 24 - 19 Feb 2012 (14.00 UK)
Roma - Parma
Stadio Olimpico Consistently inconsistent Roma need a win to shake off memories of Siena, but Parma are unbeaten on their travels since Roberto Donadoni took charge.

“It really wasn’t our day,” said Luis Enrique after a long night shivering on the sidelines in Siena. “We’re a long way off the consistency we’re looking for.”

Monday’s 1-0 loss was another poor performance against a smaller club from the Giallorossi. Their 4-0 thrashing of Inter a fortnight ago is now their only win in the last five Serie A games - otherwise they have gathered just two points from meetings with Bologna, Cagliari, Catania and Siena.

Defeated despite commanding 73 per cent possession, playing with a slow tempo and struggling to break down the opposition - Monday’s display bore all the hallmarks of I Lupi’s early season showings before they found their groove under Enrique, the kind they produced when they met Parma last September.

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo’s goal gave Roma a narrow win at the Stadio Tardini that night and the adopted Italian could make his first start since recovering from a thigh injury in Sunday’s return fixture.

Having taken just four away points from an available 24 under Franco Colomba Parma have already collected five from an available nine on the road under Donadoni. Whilst away games no longer provide cause for trepidation, the club’s record against Roma might.

The Romagnan club haven’t beaten their capital counterparts in any competition since May 2005, when Pietro Carmignani’s Gialloblu defeated Bruno Conti’s Giallorossi 2-1 at the Tardini. However the Crociati did come from 2-0 down to record a very respectable draw at the Olimpico last season, Amauri getting both goals.

Simon Kjaer is suspended, Nicolas Burdisso is injured and Juan’s fitness is in doubt, making another cameo from Daniele De Rossi at the heart of Roma’s defence a possibility.

Parma do without Gabriel Paletta and Roma academy product Daniele Galloppa.

Keep an eye on: Fabio Borini (Roma) – His capture from Chelsea in the summer was quite the coup but before Fabio Borini had made a single competitive appearance for Parma he was snapped up by Roma. The Azzurrini striker has been surprisingly successful in the capital, scoring five goals in nine starts and becoming one of Luis Enrique’s favourites. Teammate Fabio Simplicio is also ex Parma, and Stefano Okaka, who is on loan at the Gialloblu from Roma, could feature from the bench.

Form Guide: Roma (D L W D L) Parma (W D D W D)

Last season: Roma 2-2 Parma

Stat fact: Sebastian Giovinco has attempted 73 shots this season - 48 more than strike partner Sergio Floccari.

Roma (probable): Stekelenburg; Rosi, Juan, Heinze, Taddei; Pjanic, De Rossi, Gago; Totti; Borini, Osvaldo

Parma (probable): Pavarini; Zaccardo, Ferrario, Lucarelli; Biabiany, Valiani, Morrone, Mariga, Modesto; Giovinco, Floccari

http://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/preview/9803
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 am

Lineups..

ROME (4-3-3): Stekelenburg; Rosi, Juan, Heinze, Taddei, Gago, De Rossi, Pjanic; Borini, Totti, Osvaldo.

Subs: Curci, Drawers, Jose Angel, Marquinho, Perrotta, Lamela, Bojan

WTF is Lamela doing on the bench ... Evil or Very Mad

PARMA (3-5-2): Mirante, Ferrario, A. Lucarelli, Zaccardo, Jonathan, Mariga, Gobbi, Morrone, Musacci; Giovinco, Palladini.

Subs. : Pavarini, Santacroce, Gobbi, Biabiany, Modesto, Valdes, Okaka
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:57 am

hmm Okaka
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:02 am

Okaka vs Borini LOL

Marquinho in the bench, hope he gets 15 - 20 minutes..
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:31 am

1-0 ,Borini <3 :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:03 am

Osvaldo is back and now lamela doesnt get any playing time anymore?
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:58 am

flameas wrote:Osvaldo is back and now lamela doesnt get any playing time anymore?

Did you see Borini play today? Right decision.

Anyway, next week we'll probably see Lamela Osvaldo and Borini together, since Totti picked up a yellow.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:02 am

Comfortable home win,completely dominated Parma from start to finish, could've been 4 or 5 if we had taken our chances Borini and De Rossi the standout players Borini is on fire atm not only did he take his goal well but his workrate again was 2nd to none and some of his first touches boy,pure GOAT...

The only negative point about the game,Osvaldo what a pain in the ass this guy is.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:03 am

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention,that ref was joke,we should have had 2 penalties.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:09 am

Yeah, we were very wasteful today, which I found thoroughly disappointing. Loved Borini today though. What a player. Never stopped running at Parma's defense, scored a great goal, and even soldiered on after taking a cut to the face before coming off. Kid's a real fighter and he now has 6 goals to his name, one behind Osvaldo. If he overtakes him as top scorer, expect media reports of Prandelli scouting him for the national team.

Defensively, we coped pretty well with Giovinco. He never got into a dangerous position which is largely down to great work from Juan and De Rossi. Stekelenburg had very little to do and when Parma did get a half-decent chance, he dealt with it quite well. The play from Rosi and Taddei was top-notch as well. Both had chances to score today and I honestly think Rosi had the better chance and should've made it 2-0.

As for the ref....what a douche....ignored so many fouls, 2 handballs, and at least one blatant foul in the box on Totti. Terrible from him today.

All in all, it was a good win, but very very nervy. It didn't have to be that way, but I'm very relieved. A team with a better final ball would've made the last 20 minutes very tough for us.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:19 am

Yeah the defence was excellent today the whole back 4,I was impressed with the way we played it out from the back with ease. Also some of DDR dribbling in midfield was a joy to watch,him driving forward any chance he got, we are really lucky to have such a player like him playing for us.

Marquinho missed one of the chances of the match.Shame he didn't score on his debut it would have capped of a fine days work.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Borini really showed how unselfish a player he is today... He really should have went for his second instead of whipping the ball across the box for Osvaldo.

How long until Borini is included in Prandelli's squad? That's the real question.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:01 pm

You guys need to do some serious work on your finishing. Very frustrating game to watch, if Parma had equalized in the last 10 minutes you would have had no one to blame but yourselves.

Btw, what's up with Osvaldo's attitude? He was very clearly pissed off by his sub.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next