Xavi vs Scholes - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Xavi vs Scholes - Page 2 Voting_bar 36% 
[ 16 ]
Xavi vs Scholes - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Xavi vs Scholes - Page 2 Voting_bar 18% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 44

Xavi vs Scholes - Page 2 Empty Re: Xavi vs Scholes

Post by Adit Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Xavi by miles actually

He has taken his team to another level weather pep used him well or not,his extream technical skills combined with uncomparable brain had influence in whole teams he played.

Best player in euro hands down.

one of best players in World cup .

Look at his barcelona,being the engine of all time best team in the world is no joke.Scholes in not in the same league of xavi.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Hate to say it but its Scholes he has no epic sidekick nor does he need one (yes I know Keane in a way was).
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:07 pm

Ade wrote:Hate to say it but its Scholes he has no epic sidekick nor does he need one (yes I know Keane in a way was).

The Xavi needs Iniesta argument was put to rest in the 09-10 season when Iniesta was out injured and Xavi was imperious.
Anything else.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Actually i lol hard when some on try to convince iniesta is a better player than xavi.

Iniesta is atleast two level below xavi imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:27 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
Ade wrote:Hate to say it but its Scholes he has no epic sidekick nor does he need one (yes I know Keane in a way was).

The Xavi needs Iniesta argument was put to rest in the 09-10 season when Iniesta was out injured and Xavi was imperious.
Anything else.

Where was he when they played inter then? Barcelona would steam roller teams with or without xavi tbh. Messi will always be Barcas most important player.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Adit wrote:Xavi by miles actually

He has taken his team to another level weather pep used him well or not,his extream technical skills combined with uncomparable brain had influence in whole teams he played.

Best player in euro hands down.

one of best players in World cup .

Look at his barcelona,being the engine of all time best team in the world is no joke.Scholes in not in the same league of xavi.

Which is why all the greatest MF in the last 20 years have all said scholes was the best including Xavi and Pep. So much so that barca players picked straws from a hat to see who got his shirt afetr the CL final. Iniesta won and got his shirt. Players like scholes and xavi were underrated but xavi has become so ovverasted by the media its a joke.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm

jibers wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Anything else.

Where was he when they played inter then? Barcelona would steam roller teams with or without xavi tbh. Messi will always be Barcas most important player.

So we are going to pick single games and judge are we?
I can pick countless games where Scholes failed miserably.
Fact reamains that xavi was imperious without Iniesta in 09-10.
In the league decider at the Bernabeau he put in a MOM performance without Iniesta.
At the Emirates in arguably the greatest display of football ever he destroyed Arsenal without Iniesta.
This is notwithstanding the early part of Xavi's career when he had no Iniesta.
What about when he was voted La Liga player of the year in 04-05.There was no Iniesta then.
Fact reamains that Xavi has dominated the biggest games on the continent a countless times.
Scholes on the other hand hasnt.
Xavi wins.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tikitaka Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:36 pm

I actually rate Scholes on par with xavi, consistency I would rate Xavi higher, but in terms of ability i rate scholes.
tikitaka
tikitaka
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Watching Scholes play for his entire career, I would most certainly take Scholes at his best over Xavi at his best.

Scholes can play in any formation/system and adapt and still be amazing. Xavi can only play in one system and one style, very one dimensional player (although amazingly good in that dimension) I would much prefer to take the x-factor and the dynamic Scholes.

Back to top Go down

Post by tikitaka Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Crimson wrote:Watching Scholes play for his entire career, I would most certainly take Scholes at his best over Xavi at his best.

Scholes can play in any formation/system and adapt and still be amazing. Xavi can only play in one system and one style, very one dimensional player (although amazingly good in that dimension) I would much prefer to take the x-factor and the dynamic Scholes.

Very good points.
tikitaka
tikitaka
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Scholes was an amazing, amazing midfielder and i mean no disrespect to Xavi who was also amazing at his best. I saw scholes live on several occasions as well as on TV many times... he was one of the best of all-time at his position. He just dominated games. Every midfielder of every generation will rate him very highly. I bet you that even Xavi and every other current Barca player would admit without hesitation that Scholes was better than Xavi. He was that good.... and it's nothing to be ashamed of for Xavi.

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:54 am

sportsczy wrote:Scholes was an amazing, amazing midfielder and i mean no disrespect to Xavi who was also amazing at his best. I saw scholes live on several occasions as well as on TV many times... he was one of the best of all-time at his position. He just dominated games. Every midfielder of every generation will rate him very highly. I bet you that even Xavi and every other current Barca player would admit without hesitation that Scholes was better than Xavi. He was that good.... and it's nothing to be ashamed of for Xavi.

Great post!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:59 am

Scholes is better. Simply put, he did everything Xavi does for a much longer and consistent period + score great goals.

Xavi only started to shine from 2008 under this new Barca look. Before that, he wasn't what he is now.

Scholes is much better.

Last edited by Devil-Is-Red on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:02 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Scholes is better. Simply put, he did everything Xavi does for a much longer and consistent period + score great goals.

Xavi only started to shine from 2008 under this new Barca look. Before that, he was nothing special.

Scholes is much better.

I would say Xavi is more consistent. then again Pedro is more consistent than benzema but that doesnt make him better imho.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:03 am

Oh might I add as well, Scholes is Xavi's inspiration and Xavi in the recent interview said he(scholes) was the best midfielder of the last 20 years.

The man himself even admitted Scholes is better.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:06 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Oh might I add as well, Scholes is Xavi's inspiration and Xavi in the recent interview said he(scholes) was the best midfielder of the last 20 years.

so have all the best MF in the last 20 years as well. Scholes is the best cm for me. As i said, i would have loved to see xavi tyr and dictate the tempo for a team that plays through the flanks like us. He would barely get a sniff of the ball. Ronaldo and Nani have both said that Scholes is the best they ever played with as well. When professionals of that level say it, you listen.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:15 am

jibers wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:Oh might I add as well, Scholes is Xavi's inspiration and Xavi in the recent interview said he(scholes) was the best midfielder of the last 20 years.

so have all the best MF in the last 20 years as well. Scholes is the best cm for me. As i said, i would have loved to see xavi tyr and dictate the tempo for a team that plays through the flanks like us. He would barely get a sniff of the ball. Ronaldo and Nani have both said that Scholes is the best they ever played with as well. When professionals of that level say it, you listen.

Exactly. When a player gets that kind've respect, he is in a league of his own imo.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Scholes is better. Simply put, he did everything Xavi does for a much longer and consistent period + score great goals.

Xavi only started to shine from 2008 under this new Barca look. Before that, he wasn't what he is now.

Scholes is much better.

Not true at all.Scholes has never ever dominated a midfield like Xavi has done in the biggest of games.
Just hasnt.He was a decent playmaker in his later years but a couple of levels below Xavi.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm

I'll save my long-winded opinions for later because something more important has caught my eye and thats the notion that Xavi was only known after 08.

If some actually closely followed, they would know Xavi has been World Class way before that even as the simple fact that he was so underrated that my voice went hoarse stating this (not literally).

Xavi before 08 was like Statistics, as in, the most underrated portion of the beautiful world of mathematics.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:51 pm

I would take that quote with a pinch of salt. I know that alot of people here see xavi as arrogant but when it comes to praising himself, Xavi is very humble.

Xavi has no problem overhyping his own teammates/coach/team but when it comes to himself, he has never said anything arrogant..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:57 am

How can people pick Scholes?
Honestly I bet half the people who constantly say Messi ain't the best because he's not good with the NT blahblahblah went and picked Scholes ahead of Xavi even though Xavi WON a Euro and WC and Scholes has nothing! WHILE PICKING UP A BEST PLAYER AT THE EURO'S ASWELL AND TWICE COMING THIRD IN POTY!

Absoloutly ridiculous. Not to mention Xavi own's Scholes in general play and the things that a deep-lying playmaker/box-to-box is meant to have (shooting notwithstanding).

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:01 am

ausbaz wrote:How can people pick Scholes?
Honestly I bet half the people who constantly say Messi ain't the best because he's not good with the NT blahblahblah went and picked Scholes ahead of Xavi even though Xavi WON a Euro and WC and Scholes has nothing! WHILE PICKING UP A BEST PLAYER AT THE EURO'S ASWELL AND TWICE COMING THIRD IN POTY!

Absoloutly ridiculous. Not to mention Xavi own's Scholes in general play and the things that a deep-lying playmaker/box-to-box is meant to have (shooting notwithstanding).

Were you even old enough to see Scholes is his prime, lad?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:10 am

Saw very few of Scholes as it wasn't the easiest task to watch the EPL in Australia, but from achievements accolades and performances over the past four years/european performances over the last ten Xavi by a country mile.

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:29 am

ausbaz wrote:Saw very few of Scholes as it wasn't the easiest task to watch the EPL in Australia, but from achievements accolades and performances over the past four years/european performances over the last ten Xavi by a country mile.

Then don't comment

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:30 am

Crimson wrote:
ausbaz wrote:Saw very few of Scholes as it wasn't the easiest task to watch the EPL in Australia, but from achievements accolades and performances over the past four years/european performances over the last ten Xavi by a country mile.

Then don't comment

You mad?
What I have seen of Scholes which is a considerable amount, he is no where near Xavi and never has been.

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:12 am

ausbaz wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Then don't comment

You mad?
What I have seen of Scholes which is a considerable amount, he is no where near Xavi and never has been.

Which is it? Make up your mind....if your going to lie at least do a better job ffs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next