The Verminator
lenear1030
REWB
Lex
Nehpets
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ryo miyachi and alex chamberlain - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryo miyachi and alex chamberlain

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:32 am

2 of the most highly-rated youngsters in world football, but they aren't playing. Ryo needs another loan, AOC will be on bench from Jan.

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Ryo miyachi and alex chamberlain - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryo miyachi and alex chamberlain

Post by Wilson37 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:17 am

Arsenal is all about youth.. But i am frustrated that we are continuing giving too many chances for players like Arshavin and Chamakh.. We might benefit more from giving chances to AOC, Miyachi and other young strikers..
Disappointed that we are not rotating our players much...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:54 am

Wilson37 wrote:Arsenal is all about youth.. But i am frustrated that we are continuing giving too many chances for players like Arshavin and Chamakh.. We might benefit more from giving chances to AOC, Miyachi and other young strikers..
Disappointed that we are not rotating our players much...

Arsenal gives opportunity to the youth to develop them for the future, and don't rely exclusively on a big squad of old legs. That doesn't mean we are all about youth. That seems to suggest that we are a youth academy for other 'bigger clubs'. As gunners, we should not attest such a perspective!

How many appearances have Arshavin and Chamakh made this season?

Arshavin - 6 starts + 9 Subs in PL; 3 starts + 2 Subs in CL
Chamakh - 1 start + 7 Subs in PL; 3 starts + 1 Sub in CL

AOC - 5 + 1
Ryo - 2 appearances in league

We have played 8 times in Europe including Udinese and 18 in the PL. I don't see anything wrong with the appearances notched up by these players, with consideration to what they bring to the table and how they have been playing.

Also, Ryo has been injured for a while now, to those of you who were unaware of this. Now, its time for him to go get some loan experience and come back stronger to knock on AW's door to get some more game time.

If I have any qualms about game time, its for Benayoun and Rosicky spending more time on the bench than on the pitch.

As far as the youngsters are concerned, I am okay with the appearances every once in a while here and there that they are notching up. Its enough experience for them, in times when we are struggling to cement a CL spot for next season.

With that as the only realistic target we have this season, we can only have the best 11 on the pitch for each match, which severely limits our chances for squad rotation. Thank injuries and out of form players for that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:08 pm

arshavin makes me pull my hair

play oxlade
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Honestly, don't know why Wenger persists in bringing on mediocre players - Arshavin and Chamakh -- when he has Chamberlain at his disposal, so bloody clueless sometimes, not to take anything away from Wenger. Chamberlain tore apart Zabaleta, an experienced decent full back, with ease, in the Carling Cup. What has Arshavin done this season? Pretend to chase after the ball and show no improvement at all. At least if Chamberlain has a bad performance, you can say that he can still improve on certain aspects of his game. With Arshavin, there's nothing he's improved on for the past two seasons.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:29 pm

I think wenger is giving Arshavin last few chances, and also somewhere wenger still believes that Arshavin has talent in him. As we saw in his 1st two seasons.

With ACON coming up, oxlade will get more chances i think
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:I think wenger is giving Arshavin last few chances, and also somewhere wenger still believes that Arshavin has talent in him. As we saw in his 1st two seasons.

With ACON coming up, oxlade will get more chances i think

He shouldn't be getting any chances, mate, end of. He's shown no signs of improvement over the past two seasons, he's hindered Arsenal's play, he's simply mediocre. It's a shame because we're talking about the same guy that had a fantastic Euro 2008 and a wonderful start to his Arsenal career. He'll probably be off in the summer.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Wenger does not want to put too much pressure on AOC. He already spoke about this to the media, and said that he wanted to bring him on in some of the games, but felt that there would be far too much pressure on his shoulders, and that it might affect his confidence and you really don't want that to happen.

Can't blame him tbh
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Wenger has played AOC an appropriate amount considering the Arshavin conundrum and the promise of playing time next month but I would have liked to see Ryo get some more playing time.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Ryo has been injured, so you can't really blame Wenger (You can blame the medical team again though :p ). He played for the reserves when he was fit though, but I believe that was to get him adapted with our passing game
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Ryo is such a sexy bastard, can't wait til he sets the league on fire :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:46 pm

RYO ,AOC n Coquelin are our best joungsters ,currently !... I see no reason to loan any of em !

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Well we loaned Wilshere, and look at what sort of a beast he's become.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2