huntsman
Dante
Ganso
Grande_Milano
viepr149
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Milan make 15 mil Kaka bidf! - Page 3 Empty Re: Milan make 15 mil Kaka bidf!

Post by Ganso Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:34 pm

lmao at Madrid fans,they complain so much about his wages and now they are saying they can afford it,make profit etc.

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:36 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
IrasMaldinista wrote:
Ganso wrote:Benzema cost them 40M? affraid
35m in cash plus 6m of various bonus clauses...

That's pure stupidity when you consider we got Ibra, the world's most complete out-and-out center forward, on a free loan with the obligatory buy-out clause of 24m (3x8m).

come on, be a little brighter, you sign a player Barca wanted to get rid of, and was ready to sell at a loss. it's not an achievement to sign him so cheap.

we paid 35M for Benzema when he was the best youngster in europe, we overpaid by 5M, but we can afford it.

One has to give credit to Galliani for Ibra's transfer...

Sure Barca wanted to get rid of him desperately ,But a free loan and paying just around 24m that too in three installments is just brilliant negotiation skills..Plus he got Ibra to reduce his wages..I doubt if another 'ACTIVE' transfer guru would have been able to execute this transaction..Also considering Barca bought him for a total of about 70m..A really commendable effort by Galliani..

And Real Madrid tend to overpay sometimes and there's truth in that..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Ganso wrote:lmao at Madrid fans,they complain so much about his wages and now they are saying they can afford it,make profit etc.

make no mistakes, there are some that complain about his wages, but you can look around, I never do. he is still a massively popular and still makes lots of cash, and we benefit from it, from a money perspective, there is no pressure for us. My argument about wanting kaka out is of a very different order.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:08 pm

i was against kaka's comeback but even a washed-up and past it kaka is better than nothing!...

and tbh he's not that bad, i've seen against barca in the spanish supercup and i thought he's had a good game, for 15m i say bring ricky back..
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ciro1316 Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:30 pm

bringing kaka home would be a welcome addition.

ciro1316
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:30 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
IrasMaldinista wrote:
Ganso wrote:Benzema cost them 40M? affraid
35m in cash plus 6m of various bonus clauses...

That's pure stupidity when you consider we got Ibra, the world's most complete out-and-out center forward, on a free loan with the obligatory buy-out clause of 24m (3x8m).

come on, be a little brighter, you sign a player Barca wanted to get rid of, and was ready to sell at a loss. it's not an achievement to sign him so cheap.

we paid 35M for Benzema when he was the best youngster in europe, we overpaid by 5M, but we can afford it.
Whoa whoa whoa!

Best youngster in Europe? Excuse you!

Sure you can afford it, you can also afford 30m for a simple (full/wing)back like Coentrao or 40m for Pepe who's not half the center-back 8m rated, 33-year-old Carvalho is.

As for Ibra, if it were too easy a task to sign Ibra, why did no one else did? Why City's 50m bid failed miserably?

Clubs like Milan have prestige and take players who simply can't say NO to us, and we do it without offering them a filled-out swiss bank account.

I always feel angry when clubs like Real and Barca are (apparently) forced to pay twice as much as a player's real worth to get them, whilst they should use their shiny name and get a discount relying on the player's determination to join them.

What separates my mighty Milan from other big boys of Europe, the difference maker, is Galliani.

You can't say Italian clubs are all tight-ass, Inter and Juve have proved time and again they would spend as much as their Spanish and English rivals on useless bums too, it's only Milan who can get Robinho for 18m, his previous price being 49m.

In the end, once again I say it: I firmly believe we can pull Kaka off...
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Are you telling me Laporta refused a 50M CIty bid for Ibra, just to sell him at reduced value to AC Milan? be a little serious would you? if you can prove that with solid links, i will thoroughly apologize.

You signed players nobody wanted to attach themselves to. Nobody wanted Ibra, you got him for cheap money. Competition wasnt hard for Robinho you got him for cheap money on the last day of the market.

WHY? because no clubs wanted them, and both their previous owners wanted to get rid of them at all costs. Disruptive players in a locker room when not playing, heavy wage bill.

Galliani is a good negotiator and was opportunistic, but dont tell me that he would have signed Coentrao for 15M or Benzema for 12M because he is so good, it's not true.

Other clubs usually targets prime players on the market, players with high reputation and form, wanted targets by many clubs, and end up paying a premium to sign them. Milan AC doesnt do that, otherwise Galliani would have made a miracle again and signed Hamsik for peanuts or Ganso for crackers.

As for Kaka, like i said, we arent running around europe asking clubs to take him out of our hands, we arent in a rush to get rid of him, so dont expect any miracle.

Unless we have a clear target we want and decide to make space for, kaka wont move. It's not up to Galliani, it's up to us, and kaka is never going to force his way out. He has yet to do anything for us to justify his price tag and his big wages, so more than anything, he wants to prove himself.

oh btw, yeah, when we signed benzema, he was the best young CF in europe, not just in talent, but on the pitch as well. We paid 35M because we needed to steal him away from Utd which had a 30M deal agreed for him. the extra 5M was because Perez had a crush on Benzema. you can argue if you want, but if you deny he was top3, then you have victim of short memory syndrome.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:35 pm

You've had a lot of crushes over the years my friend. In my opinion you're still missing the point, it's that Milan won't always "fall" for their crush. Sure we had targets this market, but we won't just throw in an extra 5 million because our heart is crushing hard. I'm sure we made some attempts this season and they just didn't work out. Also please stop bringing up the name Ganso, he doesn't want to move until January. Ultimately in the end Iras is trying to say we won't habitually over pay for players because in the end it's bad business. You can't really argue with success because both clubs have achieved very much, but Milan haven't had to throw money.

Also many teams might not have wanted Robinho or Ibra but Milan did, which means the teams selling were aware. Although I would argue that there were other teams with interest, perhaps they couldn't afford the "price". Please don't try to downplay last years brilliant summer market, I believe it came with some silverware.

Also LOL @ Benzema being the best young CF in Europe at the time. You guys always seem to have an excuse to justify those ridiculous price tags.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:58 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:You've had a lot of crushes over the years my friend. In my opinion you're still missing the point, it's that Milan won't always "fall" for their crush. Sure we had targets this market, but we won't just throw in an extra 5 million because our heart is crushing hard. I'm sure we made some attempts this season and they just didn't work out. Also please stop bringing up the name Ganso, he doesn't want to move until January. Ultimately in the end Iras is trying to say we won't habitually over pay for players because in the end it's bad business. You can't really argue with success because both clubs have achieved very much, but Milan haven't had to throw money.

Also many teams might not have wanted Robinho or Ibra but Milan did, which means the teams selling were aware. Although I would argue that there were other teams with interest, perhaps they couldn't afford the "price". Please don't try to downplay last years brilliant summer market, I believe it came with some silverware.

Also LOL @ Benzema being the best young CF in Europe at the time. You guys always seem to have an excuse to justify those ridiculous price tags.

yes we have had. Impulsive presidents buying to satisfy the socios instead of following the guidance of a coach and building for the future. It's well documented.

Two very different transfer strategy at the end of the day. Fact is, we havent achieve much since we started spending like idiots, like i said, for lack of guidance and stability. but it's also very recent in history, and we are on a course correcting path. Thankfully the crazy spending didnt financially hurt our club, and that's the only positive aspect.

I do value the ability to go after targets we want, and that's something nobody can say they wouldnt be happy with.

Bottom line is, im not criticizing your transfer policy, not your spell of trophies or anything like that. Do not misunderstand me.

Iras made the Argument that Galliani was so brilliant he managed to get players for ridiculously low value, to which i disagreed. simple as that. you got players nobody wanted, for low values, specifically because nobody wanted to commit to their wages. And as an example i mentioned Hamsik and Ganso, because they are actual prim targets, and you wont sign them for peanuts, and it wont be as easy as it was for Ibra or Robinho. So it wasnt for the brilliance of Galliani, but the opportunities of the market. It's hardly a critic btw, just some hard cold facts you cant hardly argue with.

I made the claim that Benzema was the best young CF in europe two years ago and i stand by it. In two years he tore the Ligue 1 apart, scoring bundles of goals in europe against teams like Man utd, bayern, putting classy performances against the likes of Barcelona etc... His record speak for itself. He was rated 30M, and i admitted we overpaid. Am i justifying anything? absolutely not, but im explaining it. If you disagree with me, it's fine by me, but i will ask you, who was it two years ago, under the age of 21, who was the best young CF in europe, or at least among the top 3?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Cant believe nobody wanted Ibra. The guy had a decent season in Barca, and was consistent over time. Demand for him was high, Galliani made difference. End of story.

Ronaldinho is quickly forgotten. Man City had twice as big as ours offer for him. Again who made difference? Again, Galliani prepared move year before transfer.

Robinho: here I might agree, but only on that clubs didnt want to pay 20 for him. Milan gave closest price for him

Refresh your memory. RM is failing to use its brand in transfer policy. Work on it
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Cant believe nobody wanted Ibra. The guy had a decent season in Barca, and was consistent over time. Demand for him was high, Galliani made difference. End of story.

Ronaldinho is quickly forgotten. Man City had twice as big as ours offer for him. Again who made difference? Again, Galliani prepared move year before transfer.

Robinho: here I might agree, but only on that clubs didnt want to pay 20 for him. Milan gave closest price for him

Refresh your memory. RM is failing to use its brand in transfer policy. Work on it

You are wrong. Not saying Nobody was interested but look at things realistically. Among the top clubs in europe, only a select few could sign: Milan, the big 4, and that's it. City wasnt in CL, which is something Ibra cares very much about, and they never made a 50M as reported, and even if they did, he obviously rejected them.

Galliani did great negotiating the terms of the deal, but he had leverage, nobody wanted to sign Ibra. Demand wasnt high at all.

Man City was jackshit when Ronnie left Barcelona, of course he chose you.

Many top clubs didnt want Robinho because he had high wages and was a famous Diva.I remember Barca linked to him, but barca doesnt sign Divas, pep cant handle them.

are we failing to use our brand? Brand works to convince the player to move away. It doesnt drive the price down, and you cant argue that when clubs see Milan coming the automatically reduce their transfer fees. unless that's not what you meant. Regardless, how are we failing to use our brand to sign players?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:46 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:You've had a lot of crushes over the years my friend. In my opinion you're still missing the point, it's that Milan won't always "fall" for their crush. Sure we had targets this market, but we won't just throw in an extra 5 million because our heart is crushing hard. I'm sure we made some attempts this season and they just didn't work out. Also please stop bringing up the name Ganso, he doesn't want to move until January. Ultimately in the end Iras is trying to say we won't habitually over pay for players because in the end it's bad business. You can't really argue with success because both clubs have achieved very much, but Milan haven't had to throw money.

yes we have had. Impulsive presidents buying to satisfy the socios instead of following the guidance of a coach and building for the future. It's well documented.

Two very different transfer strategy at the end of the day. Fact is, we havent achieve much since we started spending like idiots, like i said, for lack of guidance and stability. but it's also very recent in history, and we are on a course correcting path. Thankfully the crazy spending didnt financially hurt our club, and that's the only positive aspect.

I do value the ability to go after targets we want, and that's something nobody can say they wouldnt be happy with.

Bottom line is, im not criticizing your transfer policy, not your spell of trophies or anything like that. Do not misunderstand me.

Iras made the Argument that Galliani was so brilliant he managed to get players for ridiculously low value, to which i disagreed. simple as that. you got players nobody wanted, for low values, specifically because nobody wanted to commit to their wages. And as an example i mentioned Hamsik and Ganso, because they are actual prim targets, and you wont sign them for peanuts, and it wont be as easy as it was for Ibra or Robinho. So it wasnt for the brilliance of Galliani, but the opportunities of the market. It's hardly a critic btw, just some hard cold facts you cant hardly argue with.

I made the claim that Benzema was the best young CF in europe two years ago and i stand by it. In two years he tore the Ligue 1 apart, scoring bundles of goals in europe against teams like Man utd, bayern, putting classy performances against the likes of Barcelona etc... His record speak for itself. He was rated 30M, and i admitted we overpaid. Am i justifying anything? absolutely not, but im explaining it. If you disagree with me, it's fine by me, but i will ask you, who was it two years ago, under the age of 21, who was the best young CF in europe, or at least among the top 3?

Let me teach you a useful thing or two about our beloved club.

When Milan scouts and coaching staff sit around a table to discuss our market strategy, they USUALLY don't name names.

They identify the squad's shortcomings i.e. positions that need some reinforcements, and then let Galliani know.

They ask him to get the best players possible in weaker positions, and also leave him free to snap up golden opportunities.

Take our old center-forward problem as an example.

Leonardo told Galliani he needs a focal point in attack, and Galliani consulted the active agents and found out he could get Huntelaar for a good price. Luis Fabiano remained Leo's favorite, but he was much older and more expensive.

So he got Huntelaar.

Next year, when Allegri asked for someone good at the very same position, Raiola informed Uncle Fester that Ibra is too unhappy to stay at Barca and would love a return to Italy.

Here's when St_Nick09_of_Goal is misinformed: Ibra was wanted by many clubs including your own Real, but since he WANTED Milan and Raiola is Galliani's domestic partner, Barca simply had to compromise their interest in selling him to the highest offer.

Just like Dinho, he was sold for half the price others were gladly ready to pay because he DIDN'T WANT Man City.

Be sure if Kaka really wanted Real Madrid, Milan would've been forced to sell him for 50m or less.

Galliani's main art is discovering rare opportunities like 2.5m Cassano, 1m Emanuelson, free Van Bommel and most importantly, 24m Ibrahimovic.

But granted, when Milan aim to buy a player, his club will only go down further if they struggle and hold on to him, because Galliani is like an Octopus, he uses his many hands in addition to his special underhand ways to convince the club, the player and the agent involved.

On the other hand, Real Madrid very rarely come up with master plans to snap up free or unhappy players, Altintop is really a rarity.

Real aims to sign a player and would push as hard as they can, with vast amounts of cash in their pocket, to finally pull the guy out of his club.

We sign players that want us, you (often) sign players whose clubs are ready to sell and who don't really mind playing for Barca either.

We sign players, you sign names.
End of the story.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:49 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:Cant believe nobody wanted Ibra. The guy had a decent season in Barca, and was consistent over time. Demand for him was high, Galliani made difference. End of story.

You are wrong. Not saying Nobody was interested but look at things realistically. Among the top clubs in europe, only a select few could sign: Milan, the big 4, and that's it. City wasnt in CL, which is something Ibra cares very much about, and they never made a 50M as reported, and even if they did, he obviously rejected them.

Galliani did great negotiating the terms of the deal, but he had leverage, nobody wanted to sign Ibra. Demand wasnt high at all.

Man City was jackshit when Ronnie left Barcelona, of course he chose you.

Many top clubs didnt want Robinho because he had high wages and was a famous Diva.I remember Barca linked to him, but barca doesnt sign Divas, pep cant handle them.

are we failing to use our brand? Brand works to convince the player to move away. It doesnt drive the price down, and you cant argue that when clubs see Milan coming the automatically reduce their transfer fees. unless that's not what you meant. Regardless, how are we failing to use our brand to sign players?

Ibra is reknowned for money loving. Could ve easily moved to Man City. Milan was in the state of a team that was weak (post-Leonardo) and didnt have any perspectives ahead. We, fans, thought that the bad cycle is gonna continue. It was not like Milan was expected to win Scudetto. Basically, we were in the same position as City=team that has potential, but time is needed.

Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:
Ibra is reknowned for money loving. Could ve easily moved to Man City. Milan was in the state of a team that was weak (post-Leonardo) and didnt have any perspectives ahead. We, fans, thought that the bad cycle is gonna continue. It was not like Milan was expected to win Scudetto. Basically, we were in the same position as City=team that has potential, but time is needed.

Did Man City make a 50M bid for IBrahimovic? yay or nay? If so, any skysports or BBC link or the offer being rejected? something credible, not the daily mail or tuttosport.

If not, your argument is moot.

I really doubt mancini would have gone guns blazing after ibra and and his gorilla like ego, no chance imo.

i will answer to your longer post after my game
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Do i hear 30 Mil?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:12 pm

IrasMaldinista wrote:

End of the story.

This. The thing you (St_nick) are failing to understand here is that Milan did not say, 'We want Ibra and robinho. Gallaini, work your magic.' They said, "We need a CF. Find us a good deal.'

Same with Van Bommel. We needed a top class DM with all our injuries if we wanted to remain competitive for the Scudetto. So Galliani looked. And Van Bommel came. The reason Uncle Fester can pull off these miraculous transfers is Iras' quote. It's quite simple. We sign players, you sign names.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:16 pm

IrasMaldinista wrote:
Here's when St_Nick09_of_Goal is misinformed: Ibra was wanted by many clubs including your own Real, but since he WANTED Milan and Raiola is Galliani's domestic partner, Barca simply had to compromise their interest in selling him to the highest offer.

Galliani's main art is discovering rare opportunities like 2.5m Cassano, 1m Emanuelson, free Van Bommel and most importantly, 24m Ibrahimovic.

On the other hand, Real Madrid very rarely come up with master plans to snap up free or unhappy players, Altintop is really a rarity.

Real aims to sign a player and would push as hard as they can, with vast amounts of cash in their pocket, to finally pull the guy out of his club.

We sign players that want us, you (often) sign players whose clubs are ready to sell and who don't really mind playing for Barca either.

End of the story.

Very interesting read, but you are wrong on a few points.

First of which, Real wanting Ibra from barcelona. For your information, those were rumors fabricated by the catalan press, namely Sport and ElMundoDeportivo, as they do every so often, and those rumors are then picked up by other medias sources across europe and make their way to tuttosport, transfermarketwe, dailymail or other crap like that. It's completely false, although, it gives me an idea of what kind of sources you rely on, and they seem to be pretty poor.

THis is where you sir are wrong. When players like Ibra are on the market, the big clubs are always aware, including Milan AC. Saying that he was wanted by many clubs is a stretch, only a couple could afford his wages, and only one made an offer AC Milan. Like i said to Grande_Milano, if you have any proof another club bid for him, bring it. Papers make up stories and link players with anyone based on agents tips, very vague. You were the only club that wanted to save barca from Ibra, hence you had barca accepting any kind of offer you made, and it wasnt even an outright purchase, but a payment plan. What club is stupid enough to accept that if they have a choice? they were desperate to get rid of Ibra, and only Milan would take him.

Is he discovering opportunities? Cassano fell out with his club and was told to f*ck off; sorry but i dont rate Emmanuelson as an incredible find...; VB terminated his contract with Bayern and left on his own to you guys, nice find. Did you tell him to leave Bayern because Milan is too awesome? no.

Not badmouthing your transfer policy, but it's opportunistic and driven by the conditions of the market. It's working for you, good. you signed Aquilani right now, out of the fact that no one wants him, not juventus, not liverpool, but only you, and you were the only top club after him. I doubt Galliani called him and asked him to reject Juventus. I doubt he was the one guy Galliani was after ever since he talked about Mister X. Taiwo, out of contract, refused to renew, so is on free on the market. Milan is too big of a club to pass. Same thing with Mexes, wanted to stay in Italy, that's why he didnt move away to us.

I'm not criticizing, just describing how it is. There is no masterplan, you guys are just waiting out on the market.

we however, go after the targets we want, whatever the costs sometimes, like Coentrao, who is a Player Mourinho wanted at all cost. Player which cost went down to 20M when we sold Garay to benfica, player we had no use for. But we have gotten smarter at snatching players like Ozil, khedira and Sahin as well.

your "we sign players. you sing names" means jackshit, sorry to say. This is not a competition to show off that your transfer policy is better than ours, im not debating that, just busting the myth about Galliani being a masterplan genius. I get it, you are a milan fan, he did great business for you, you need to glorify him.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:42 pm

I just want to start off by saying that you seem to have contradicted yourself, you guys snatched up Sahin? Did I read that correctly? It wasn't Sahin who asked to play for Madrid?

I'm not saying you're wrong and we're right, but honestly your downplaying many of these signings. It's like your not giving Milan credit for bringing in players that no one wants. Not only do they sign these type of players, but they have managed to make it work over the last couple of years.

Seriously man look around at the Serie A, look how many teams are struggling to build a solid team. Too many mistakes and your team might suffer for years. Milan has managed to remain relevant during these difficult times and one must really credit who ever is making the big decisions.

Say what you will about the Ronaldinho transfer but it helped Milan stay in a Scudetto race, they had some great showings in the champions league. I wasn't aware of Milans transfer policy to the extent that Iras explained it, now it's really starting to make sense.

Madrid on the other hand, you guys have the luxury to be picky and buy what you want. But where has that gotten you recently? I'll admit it finally seems like Madrid is willing to put faith into a project as opposed to just playing fantasy football.

Some would even say Madrid played a huge role in this new inflated market.

P.S. Iras made a lengthy post in which he praised Milan management and did you notice he didn't even have to mention our boy wonder signing. I think we also picked up a decent Brazilian CB for a great price.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:42 pm

You still fail to understand.

Already said by few posters before. We dont care about STATUS OF THE PLAYER (NAME). Nobody wants Ibra? Does this make him a poor player? No. We snatch him for 24 mln, one of the best players around who cost 70 just year before his move to Milan. He might be less demanded than Benzemas on the market, but he is still a better player. Capische?

Its stupid to make a preference towards one player that has name/status/media over another, who is better, but has a damaged status.

There comes, we sign player-you sign names.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:03 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:I just want to start off by saying that you seem to have contradicted yourself, you guys snatched up Sahin? Did I read that correctly? It wasn't Sahin who asked to play for Madrid?

I'm not saying you're wrong and we're right, but honestly your downplaying many of these signings. It's like your not giving Milan credit for bringing in players that no one wants. Not only do they sign these type of players, but they have managed to make it work over the last couple of years.

Seriously man look around at the Serie A, look how many teams are struggling to build a solid team. Too many mistakes and your team might suffer for years. Milan has managed to remain relevant during these difficult times and one must really credit who ever is making the big decisions.

Say what you will about the Ronaldinho transfer but it helped Milan stay in a Scudetto race, they had some great showings in the champions league. I wasn't aware of Milans transfer policy to the extent that Iras explained it, now it's really starting to make sense.

Madrid on the other hand, you guys have the luxury to be picky and buy what you want. But where has that gotten you recently? I'll admit it finally seems like Madrid is willing to put faith into a project as opposed to just playing fantasy football.

Some would even say Madrid played a huge role in this new inflated market.

P.S. Iras made a lengthy post in which he praised Milan management and did you notice he didn't even have to mention our boy wonder signing. I think we also picked up a decent Brazilian CB for a great price.

How did i contradict myself? We were scouting Sahin for months, contacted his agent, who told him of our interest, he received a call from Mourinho, and we convinced him to join us. Then he made a decision and moved. He had 1 year left on his contract, and it was a great deal.

Not just in Serie A, it's not easy to build a team in general. I give you credit for putting together the team you did.

Being opportunistic is not an insult, but it doesnt make Galliani a transfer guru. If you call him that because he brings you players for cheap then good. but im against the idea of him being this mastermind that does amazing things like snatching Ibra for 24M or Robinho for 18M. those guys were rejects.

Not criticizing at all, GREAT FOR YOU GUYS you did better than most on the transfer market for peanuts values, and even this summer again you did. Mexes, Taiwo, Aquilani, etc... good for you.

@Grnade_Milano, you just twist it around to make you sound vindicated.

For the X times, im not debating which transfer policy is the best, that's not my interest, specially when our policy hasnt been a very good one, and ill be the first one to admit it.

I'm merely describing yours, not criticizing it, but you are taking offense for some strange reasons.

Not a fan of the self righeous stance you guys seem to want to take as if you are winning something, but have it your way.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:16 am

I dont agree with a point of Galliani not being exceptional in transfer politics, Nick.

Ibra: high cost, not such a bad season, one of the best. Average top club would ve splashed at least half a price he went for to Celona. We get him for 24 mln. You say its because nobody wanted him and thus its just us being ''lucky''. Well, I wish all clubs were being that ''lucky'', getting best forward in the world at that time for 1/3 of his market price. So, is this luck? Its skill, negotiation skill. Galliani gets credit.

Cassano: bad boy attitude, but offer from Inter and interest from Juventus. Milan in a lose situation. Galliani gets him for bag of crisps.

R10: Still one of the best playmakers, City offers 50-60. We are in crisis, not an elite at that time. City is obviously a new Chelsea, people see it. Galliani gets Ronnie.

Mexes: Rated by Roma fans, wanted by Madrid. Galliani gets him for nothing.

Opportunistic or not, its skill that gets all these transfers. And we are speaking not about leftovers, but good players.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:27 am

Grande_Milano wrote:I dont agree with a point of Galliani not being exceptional in transfer politics, Nick.

Ibra: high cost, not such a bad season, one of the best. Average top club would ve splashed at least half a price he went for to Celona. We get him for 24 mln. You say its because nobody wanted him and thus its just us being ''lucky''. Well, I wish all clubs were being that ''lucky'', getting best forward in the world at that time for 1/3 of his market price. So, is this luck? Its skill, negotiation skill. Galliani gets credit.

Cassano: bad boy attitude, but offer from Inter and interest from Juventus. Milan in a lose situation. Galliani gets him for bag of crisps.

R10: Still one of the best playmakers, City offers 50-60. We are in crisis, not an elite at that time. City is obviously a new Chelsea, people see it. Galliani gets Ronnie.

Mexes: Rated by Roma fans, wanted by Madrid. Galliani gets him for nothing.

Opportunistic or not, its skill that gets all these transfers. And we are speaking not about leftovers, but good players.

They are good players, of course, but they were leftovers and rejects.

Ibra: you signed a guy not many clubs could afford, a guy that only wanted top teams with CL, or he was going to stay at barca and fester pep immaculate locker. they had no choice, pure luck. we can make the round. Inter, not interested, wage bill too high; Real, hell NO; juve, lol; man utd, no; chelsea, no; city, no; arsenal, hell no; liverpool, no; Bayern, hell no. who is left? Only Milan was willing.

Cassano: was mou after cassano? i dont remember. but he was never gonna choose Juve over you.

R10: big players werent flocking to City back then, they were widely mocked. Milan is too big to pass, brazilian community with kaka, pato? hell yeah

Mexes: Roma didnt give him the money, decided to stay in Italy, not a big deal.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:10 am

Beating Milan 24 mln tag or loan terms is not difficult. Today nobody wants Kaka, but if Real sets 15-20 m for him, you will see even Wenger bidding for him. This is how it works. Top player for low price? Hell yeah.

Cassano was offered a contract on far better terms last winter by Leo's Inter. FC Internazionale fans still cant believe he rejected it.

Discussion kinda stagnated. You are trying to prove its all down to luck (R10, Ibra, Cassano, can include Pato who was offered far more by Chelsea, Taiwo/Mexes/Rob etc). You see Galliani as an antogonist to RM transfer policy, thus you are dismissing success players he bought have. Cant help it, bro. Maybe use money card less, and more of negotiating skill?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:26 am

FFS you are one stubborn individual, look how i just have to quote myself to answer

Grande_Milano wrote:Beating Milan 24 mln tag or loan terms is not difficult. Today nobody wants Kaka, but if Real sets 15-20 m for him, you will see even Wenger bidding for him. This is how it works. Top player for low price? Hell yeah.

Nick09 wrote:you signed a guy not many clubs could afford, a guy that only wanted top teams with CL, or he was going to stay at barca and fester pep immaculate locker. they had no choice, pure luck. we can make the round. Inter, not interested, wage bill too high; Real, hell NO; juve, lol; man utd, no; chelsea, no; city, no; arsenal, hell no; liverpool, no; Bayern, hell no. who is left? Only Milan was willing.
And i'll add, the challenge wasnt the asking price, but the wages+commitment on 3-4 years and the massive ego, combination no clubs except yours were willing to deal with.

Grande_Milano wrote:You see Galliani as an antogonist to RM transfer policy

Nick09 wrote:For the X times, im not debating which transfer policy is the best, that's not my interest, specially when our policy hasnt been a very good one, and ill be the first one to admit it.

Grande_Milano wrote:thus you are dismissing success players he bought have.

Nick09 wrote:Not criticizing at all, GREAT FOR YOU GUYS you did better than most on the transfer market for peanuts values, and even this summer again you did. Mexes, Taiwo, Aquilani, etc... good for you.

Grande_Milan wrote:Cant help it, bro. Maybe use money card less, and more of negotiating skill?

Nick09 wrote:Not a fan of the self righeous stance you guys seem to want to take as if you are winning something, but have it your way.

I'll try to stop arguing with you now, you are not giving me the feeling that you are reading what i have to say, since you have managed to turn this into Real vs Milan transfer policies, which was never the starting point.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:39 am

I stand by my point, you stand by yours.

Final points:

1) How any club (top or not) downplay the potential signing of a top 3 striker for 1/3 price is betond me. Even with the conditions you mentioned. Remember, Milan is a tight-ass, probably more than other clubs.

2) Left overs is exaggerated. Most were top players at their clubs (except Ronnie)
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:31 am

damn this is so damn hard....fuuuuuuuu

ok. how any club downplay the potential signing of a top striker? many factors come into play, which you are not taking into play.

1) only fans on the internet like to refer to players as top3 etc... THere are a select group of strikers in europe that top clubs value a lot and they will go after whichever they need, and will make sure sure to highlight him so that he becomes the best. I can guarantee you that Bayern wouldnt trade Gomez for Ibra right now, you would tell me that Ibra is a greater player, but he not half the poacher Gomez is, and he fits perfectly into Bayern. many top clubs had their CF situation sorted, Bayern, Man utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real etc... It's important to recognize that for many teams, he wasnt fitting their sporting projects. Building a team is something of a sensible order, and guys like Ibra dont always fit in well everywhere, however talented they are. Not the kind of guy SAF likes, wenger had RVP, Chelsea Drogba (and ancelotti obviously wasnt interested), mancini wasnt interested, real didnt care, etc... Besides, to highlight my point, why would Barca get rid of a top 3 striker as you call him so cheaply? he just didnt fit.

2) HUGE EGO. something you want to downplay. Guy has to be a the center piece of any team he plays with. needs to be pleased, not many top managers want that in their teams, they want people who work their asses off, shut up, compete, and works hard. Guy doesnt run and defend much. SAF is a prime example of a manager that put a greater emphasis on work rate and how well the player fits his requirements as a coach, and the team. Ibra looked like a very lazy dude with barca, he didnt impress anyone.

3) FFP. he has a huge contract, many big clubs are figuring how to trim down their wage bill. 4 years of a 10+M for a guy entering his 30s, in a tax heavy countries (england and italy) is no fun.

remember how he came in the last day of the market? nobody wanted him. Barcelona didnt come out and say "give us 24M!". That's how Galliani got his leverage from, he twisted barcelona nipples because they had no better offer. And im sure Ibra had set his sights on Milan already.

Some are a group of player their clubs didnt want anymore, Ibra, Robinho, Cassano for example. top player or not, they didnt go because individually they werent quality, but because they werent wanted no more, Ronnie the same.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next