B-Mac
azzurres
DavidVilla92
Busby Babe
RED
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manchester United V Tottenham Hotspurs Empty Manchester United V Tottenham Hotspurs

Post by RED 21/8/2011, 20:09

Manchester United V Tottenham Hotspurs 2ypi7vo

United V Spurs
22/8/11
Kick Off: 20:00

De Gea

Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra/Fabio

Nani
Cleverley
Anderson
Young

Welbeck
Rooney

Big challenge for our young defence. United v Spurs is always a great game...cannot wait.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Manchester United V Tottenham Hotspurs Empty Re: Manchester United V Tottenham Hotspurs

Post by Busby Babe 21/8/2011, 22:17

Tottenham are having an injury crisis of their own too.

Missing Gallas, King and Hutton. Although, I think Walker will slot in at RB who is pretty good from what I've seen, but hopefully Young replicates what he did in the last game.

Spurs also have scored the most goals outside from the box, so this will be a good test for De Gea.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Manchester United V Tottenham Hotspurs Empty Re: Manchester United V Tottenham Hotspurs

Post by Guest 21/8/2011, 23:34

Tottenham are Man U's bitch.

Even if Fergie fields a reserve team, Spurs will find a way to lose Laughing

You guys have had the better hand in this fixture for almost a decade now...from 3-0 down to 3-5...or 2-0 down to 5-2.

However, game could be closer than usual considering your defense crisis and De Gea's lack of confidence

Back to top Go down

Post by RED 22/8/2011, 03:53

Sepi wrote:Tottenham are Man U's bitch.

Even if Fergie fields a reserve team, Spurs will find a way to lose Laughing

You guys have had the better hand in this fixture for almost a decade now...from 3-0 down to 3-5...or 2-0 down to 5-2.

However, game could be closer than usual considering your defense crisis and De Gea's lack of confidence

yeah, United have a ridiculously good record against them. Better than any other opposition team in the league they face.

------------------------------

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3765894/Tottenham-rebel-Luka-Modric-goes-on-strike.html

No Modric. Good news for us.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 22/8/2011, 13:41

Devil-Is-Red wrote:

United V Spurs
22/8/11

De Gea

Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra/Fabio

Nani
Cleverley
Anderson
Young

Welbeck
Rooney

Big challenge for our young defence. United v Spurs is always a great game...cannot wait.

Why the hell cant we play a Fabio-Smalling-Jones-Evra defense.... Evans is useless and why is Welbeck starting ahead of Berbatov? :/
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres 22/8/2011, 14:07

DavidVilla92 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:

United V Spurs
22/8/11

De Gea

Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra/Fabio

Nani
Cleverley
Anderson
Young

Welbeck
Rooney

Why the hell cant we play a Fabio-Smalling-Jones-Evra defense.... Evans is useless and why is Welbeck starting ahead of Berbatov? :/

Evans has been really great since pre-season, even since the win against Chelsea when he had to slot in at right-back. Of all those available bar Evra, Evans has the most experience which is needed at the moment.

He may have been shite last year, but he was nothing but tremendous in that clean sheet run. You don't lose that kind of ability just like that.

As for Welbeck, it is arguable, but I find he offers more with his movement and pace against an opposition willing to attack. I still think Berbatov will start, Giggs will play his part too.
azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED 22/8/2011, 16:59

Good to see you posting again, D92.

Evans, like Azzurres has mentioned, has been in good form and has played well since pre season.

Welbeck the same too. I won't be surprised if SAF plays Berba instead though. He always has a good game against his former team.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 22/8/2011, 17:15

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Good to see you posting again, D92.

Evans, like Azzurres has mentioned, has been in good form and has played well since pre season.

Welbeck the same too. I won't be surprised if SAF plays Berba instead though. He always has a good game against his former team.

Thanks... Won't be expecting to be on this to much though as I've decided to go back to school again so this year will only be filled with study.. The point though about Evans is that i don't care about his form as form is only temporary and he just does not have the class to be a top defender for us, another John O'Shea at best. But when we have 4 young starlets in Da Silvas, Jones and Smalling i feel we should take every opportunity to get them to play together. This way when Vidic and Rio move on we have a head start in replacing them.
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED 22/8/2011, 17:22

DavidVilla92 wrote:

Thanks... Won't be expecting to be on this to much though as I've decided to go back to school again so this year will only be filled with study.. The point though about Evans is that i don't care about his form as form is only temporary and he just does not have the class to be a top defender for us, another John O'Shea at best. But when we have 4 young starlets in Da Silvas, Jones and Smalling i feel we should take every opportunity to get them to play together. This way when Vidic and Rio move on we have a head start in replacing them.

The thing with Evans though is that he is just showing the class he had in the 08/09 season when he had a great and consistent performance. This is not something temporary, this is the ability he has and the reason why SAF decided he can let Pique go. Plus we need him because he is the most experienced CB we have after Vidic and Rio.

I am one of those that were having a big moan about him last season because I knew he was slacking and that when he is on this current form, he is a top, top young defender. I am glad he is showing it now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 22/8/2011, 17:26

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
DavidVilla92 wrote:

The thing with Evans though is that he is just showing the class he had in the 08/09 season when he had a great and consistent performance. This is not something temporary, this is the ability he has and the reason why SAF decided he can let Pique go. Plus we need him because he is the most experienced CB we have after Vidic and Rio.

I am one of those that were having a big moan about him last season because I knew he was slacking and that when he is on this current form, he is a top, top young defender. I am glad he is showing it now.

I just dont trust him anymore since that mauling we got to West Ham...he was the worst player on the pitch and im sad to say that day will come again and alot more often. He may have more experience but he just isn't better than Jones or Smalling.. You wouldn't play Neville over Rafael now would you?
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED 22/8/2011, 17:32

DavidVilla92 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
DavidVilla92 wrote:

I just dont trust him anymore since that mauling we got to West Ham...he was the worst player on the pitch and im sad to say that day will come again and alot more often. He may have more experience but he just isn't better than Jones or Smalling.. You wouldn't play Neville over Rafael now would you?

We just have to forget about his earlier bad performances and judge him over the last few games in which he has been solid. He is not experienced in a way that G.Nev is ofcourse, but he has had more games at United than both Smalling and Jones...and I honestly think he is a better defender than Jones atm.(jones has the potential to be better though)

I think SAF might even play Smalling and Jones as CB's for this game and have Fabio on the right and Evra on the left.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac 22/8/2011, 20:14

time to get the ball rolling at home, Old Trafford has to be our fortress like it was last year

no Modric for spurs Thumbs up
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac 22/8/2011, 23:01

Danny Welbeck...that 2nd goal needs to be immortalized in a GIF
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres 22/8/2011, 23:06

Ho ho ho.

Evans was DOPE today, as was the whole back four, maybe Evra had a rough time against Lennon though.

Welbeck MOTM no question asked, Rooney always the same.

I just find the midfield a bit odd. Despite SAF trying to make Anderson a Keane-like player, getting back the ball and then bursting forward, that is not his true role, and Cleverley is just like Scholes.
All this to say no wonder United had trouble getting the ball back, there is no Fletcher to hassle the enemy midfielders.

I am not dissing Cleverley/Anderson as they were really really good today, I just find that combination a bit weird.

About the wings, Nani his usual self, but Young is making me eat my words. I was not fond having him, but now I do not want to see anyone else on that left side, except Park in big games.

De Gea, mmh hard to say, he was good and then you just feel pressure grew as time passed and at the end he had trouble catching simple balls. Would give him a 6 based on Goal.com ratings.
azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac 22/8/2011, 23:11

De Gea clean sheet and made some excellent saves...he only missed one ball which im pretty sure was tipped just before it got to him when defoe hit the post right after.

all in all great performance

Phil Jones is a freaking monster that sliding block from behind on Bale...speechless
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 22/8/2011, 23:40

Was not impressed by Evans tonight to no surprise but i was really happy with our midfield though. Love to see that Nani and Young are comfortable spicing things up by swapping roles. Bravo to the team and bring on a really weak Arsenal!
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED 23/8/2011, 00:19

I thought in the first half we were average. We showed some good movement and our defence was solid, but there was no real spark and we were lacking in creativity in their final 3rd.

I thought Welbeck was having a bad game and that Cleverley was not too involved. The Spurs defence was fantastic in the first half and made it hard for us to create good chances..apart from a Cleverley shot that produced a great save from Friedel.

2nd half....we came out the blocks. The whole team stepped it up. As soon as Welbeck scored his goal, he transformed into such a great threat. Amazing what confidence can do for someone.

He was absolutely brilliant in the 2nd half and that assist he made for Anderson......incredible bit of play. Great assist by Cleverley too.

Jones was outstanding too. Swept everything away that came at the defence. what a player!

I thought De Gea had a good game too. Apart from a fumble in the second half from a croos by Spurs, in which they hit the bar too from the rebound, he looks a bit more assured and his distribution was really good today. He still makes me very nervous though, i have to be honest.

Poor first half. Great second half by United.The team look fresh straight out the block this time.

MOTM- it's between Jones and Welbeck......I think Welbeck just edges it. Rooney was brilliant too.

2 games, 6 points. Fantastic start from our young team. Onto Arsenal next week.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmManUnited 23/8/2011, 03:17

I dont know if its me but i find young holds on to the ball alot instead of making the pass then, he will try a crazy pass to the other side of the field where hes not the greatest at or try a cross which have been average for his quality. Anyways i feel nani shoulda got more of the ball, the ball never seems to go to the right, why is the play always bulids on the left? anyone else notice that as much?
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso 23/8/2011, 03:29

I noticed that too
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe 23/8/2011, 04:18

Yeah it's wierd were not using Nani as much as before. When we did he gave that crazy cross into Rooney.

DavidVilla92 wrote:Was not impressed by Evans tonight to no surprise but i was really happy with our midfield though. Love to see that Nani and Young are comfortable spicing things up by swapping roles. Bravo to the team and bring on a really weak Arsenal!

What?! were we watching a different match. Evans was superb he was calm, cool and collected. Cool

Nice to have you back DV92 btw

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welbeck: average first half, great 2nd. I think if he learns to create space with his movement like Hernandez does, then he will really go up a level in his game. Maybe not as well as Hernandez, but an area in his game he can improve. His pass back to Anderson showed maturity as he didn't go for the goal himself.

De Gea had a few spills but is improving every game. I think we should get Scholes to practicse shots on him. Razz Also, the fact that Tottenham tried to exploit his weakness of long shots, meant they didn't create the best goal scoring opportunities, instead of giving it to someone that was in a better position and had a greater chance of scoring, they shot. Which helped us in the end.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vyey 23/8/2011, 04:48

When Valencia gets back our wings will be bounce bounce

Vyey
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly 23/8/2011, 08:56

You guys were :O

Its gonna be United vs City for the league.. That was some beautiful football you played there .. Lovely.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe 23/8/2011, 12:00

Manchester United V Tottenham Hotspurs Andersoncelebration27jxk

Laughing Cool

EDIT: Even better

Manchester United V Tottenham Hotspurs Jhu2hf
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED 23/8/2011, 15:23

B-Mac MUFC wrote:De Gea clean sheet and made some excellent saves...he only missed one ball which im pretty sure was tipped just before it got to him when defoe hit the post right after.

all in all great performance

Phil Jones is a freaking monster that sliding block from behind on Bale...speechless

Cool

Manchester United V Tottenham Hotspurs Jones8kg9
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by teague 23/8/2011, 18:59

I have been super-impressed by Jones since pre-season. He is just so elegant even though he is very young.
teague
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next