Modibo Maiga

+2
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
6 posters

Go down

Modibo Maiga Empty Modibo Maiga

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Sochaux striker who is supposedly desperate to join NUFC.... all i know is that he scored 15 goals last season for Sochaux...

Can anyone give me a more indepth info about this player? what are his strengths and weaknesses etc Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Modibo Maiga Empty Re: Modibo Maiga

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:42 pm

You actually would sign an hidden gem of league 1. very nice forward, undergoing a lot of growth. he is tall, strong, pacy on and off the ball.

he is very good in the air, and does his best as SS since he enjoys going on 1v1 situations a lot, but i guess you will play him more as CF but it's gonna work out i think,
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:51 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:You actually would sign an hidden gem of league 1. very nice forward, undergoing a lot of growth. he is tall, strong, pacy on and off the ball.

he is very good in the air, and does his best as SS since he enjoys going on 1v1 situations a lot, but i guess you will play him more as CF but it's gonna work out i think,

Sound's like he fits everything we want in a CF, one thing i will ask is what his finishing is like? is it atleast decent because then i would be very happy...

We will probably line up like this......

Krul
Simpson Williamson Coloccini Pieters
Barton Cabaye Tiote Obertan
Ben Arfa
Maiga

I am pretty excited atleast on paper, i would like another CB but unfortunatly that wont happen but it's not the end of world.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:You actually would sign an hidden gem of league 1. very nice forward, undergoing a lot of growth. he is tall, strong, pacy on and off the ball.

Sound's like he fits everything we want in a CF, one thing i will ask is what his finishing is like? is it atleast decent because then i would be very happy...

Krul
Ben Arfa
Maiga

I am pretty excited atleast on paper, i would like another CB but unfortunatly that wont happen but it's not the end of world.

switch ben arfa with obertan.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:17 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Krul
Ben Arfa
Maiga

Ben Arfa is a much better AM than Obertan is and that's where he's going to play this season, tbh both ways would work but thats how we are going to line up this season....

Speaking of CB we have been linked with Darnel Situ aswell anyone know anything about him?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:25 pm

One caveat though... he received superb service from boudebouz and martin. They created a lot of space for him with their presence and pace. Newcastle's style really doesn't fit his strengths that well as Sochaux is a really technical team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:One caveat though... he received superb service from boudebouz and martin. They created a lot of space for him with their presence and pace. Newcastle's style really doesn't fit his strengths that well as Sochaux is a really technical team.

Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Obertan is'nt technical?

Ignore the game against Arsenal where we were without Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Williamson and Enrique and Carroll still had'nt been replaced and it was Obertan's first game....

The reason we have bought the players we have this summer is because we plan to play a technical passing game this season with lots of pace.

As i said before dont judge us until Ben Arfa, Williamson, Marveuax is fit and Carroll and Enrique are replaced...
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
sportsczy wrote:One caveat though... he received superb service from boudebouz and martin. They created a lot of space for him with their presence and pace. Newcastle's style really doesn't fit his strengths that well as Sochaux is a really technical team.

Ignore the game against Arsenal where we were without Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Williamson and Enrique and Carroll still had'nt been replaced and it was Obertan's first game....

The reason we have bought the players we have this summer is because we plan to play a technical passing game this season with lots of pace.

As i said before dont judge us until Ben Arfa, Williamson, Marveuax is fit and Carroll and Enrique are replaced...

Fair enough. How did Ben Arfa look before he got injured again? He's important to France too if he recovers form and fitness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Fair enough. How did Ben Arfa look before he got injured again? He's important to France too if he recovers form and fitness.

As per usual, looked dangerous running at back 4 of defenses was great in the #10 role being the link between midfield and attack we rely heavily on him tbh...

Having said this these were friendlys so its hard to gage were he was at...

I presume your talking about his latest injury and not the De Jong incident?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

As per usual, looked dangerous running at back 4 of defenses was great in the #10 role being the link between midfield and attack we rely heavily on him tbh...

His latest. Joey Barton needs to take a run at a Man City player for that crazy foul on Ben Arfa last year... you don't let that go if your teammate is hurt like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

His latest. Joey Barton needs to take a run at a Man City player for that crazy foul on Ben Arfa last year... you don't let that go if your teammate is hurt like that.

Definitely i hope Barton break's De Jong's leg this year Very Happy

Fair play tbf Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Krul
Ben Arfa
Maiga

Ben Arfa is a much better AM than Obertan is and that's where he's going to play this season, tbh both ways would work but thats how we are going to line up this season....

Speaking of CB we have been linked with Darnel Situ aswell anyone know anything about him?

i agree but i just thought it made more sense because hba on the wing>>>>>>>>obertan on the wing
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:54 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Krul
Ben Arfa
Maiga

i agree but i just thought it made more sense because hba on the wing>>>>>>>>obertan on the wing

Yh true but that's because he''s far to superior to him as a player.....

I look at like this you want your best players at the fulcrum of your team( I.E. the Middle) take Messi for example is he better than Pedro on the wing? most would say so but he plays in the centre because he is the fulcrum of the team and everything goes through him.....

Same with Ben Arfa at Newcastle he is our Messi to be frank and with Marveaux, Obertan and Gutierrez all natural on the Left we have plenty of options to choose from in midfield and wings.

Actually with Ben Arfa, Obertan and the possible signing of Maiga who all are well-adversed as Winger's, SS and CF i expect alot of movement in the third with them all inter-changing positions.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:26 am

Seriously, you are making this up, no?

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Ben Arfa is a bitch.

He can do 6 very good months but will never back it up. Either he will get injured and will be dropped out of the team or either is behavior will be so bad that he is going to be benched for lack of performance and control. he will go into fights with teammates, he will go late at training, he will insult the coach, he will say bad words in the press and will cry his way out of his club and then will stagnate in another club to rebegin the cycle.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:44 pm

free_cat wrote:

Seriously, you are making this up, no?

why would i?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:48 pm

You follow a small club from Lig An? Shocked zil
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Not but i watched games of sochaux, because of Martin. It's easy, just wait for big games, vs Paris, Lille etc... for entertainment purpose, and you can see him. then i listen to french pundits.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:52 pm

what's with NUFC and all these frenchmen (or ligue 1 players if u will)
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:05 pm

smart strategy actually, you have a great combinations of very gifted players technically, who are "premier league ready" since la ligue 1 is so physical, and they are inexpensive.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down