Abramovich
Arquitecto
Art Morte
huntsman
Babun
49 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Lampard is the cancer in Chelsea - Page 3 Empty Re: Lampard is the cancer in Chelsea

Post by checazzofai Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:23 pm

bhends wrote:Im noticing a theme of awkward situations surrounding aging players who have been at their respective clubs for long times...

Zanetti, Totti, Lampard, Gerrard, Del Piero, Raul, Inzaghi, Pirlo...

Totti is still easily our best player and there is no one who could replace him in our squad, the "awkward situation" that many people are talking about in Rome is just speculation to sell papers and rival fans are eating it up aswell. Totti hasnt said 1 word and neither has Enrique.

checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Lampard is the cancer in Chelsea - Page 3 Empty Re: Lampard is the cancer in Chelsea

Post by Swanhends Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:12 pm

checazzofai wrote:
bhends wrote:Im noticing a theme of awkward situations surrounding aging players who have been at their respective clubs for long times...

Zanetti, Totti, Lampard, Gerrard, Del Piero, Raul, Inzaghi, Pirlo...

Totti is still easily our best player and there is no one who could replace him in our squad, the "awkward situation" that many people are talking about in Rome is just speculation to sell papers and rival fans are eating it up aswell. Totti hasnt said 1 word and neither has Enrique.

Even if the feud between Totti and Enrique is entirely made up, people have been calling Totti the "manager" of Roma since Spalletti left two years ago..obviously there are reasons for that
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:21 pm

Well he does have a lot of influence and he deserves it, he is the King of Rome but he had a good relationship with Ranieri and he always respected Ranieris decisions. If you remember in one of the Lazio matches Ranieri had the balls to take out both Totti and De Rossi at halftime and the decision worked out and was respected. Totti takes a lot of unfair criticism in Italy.

But my point was simply that there is not a problem with Totti at Roma yet because he is still our best player and we really need him. I can maybe see it becoming a problem when he gets a bit older but as of right now he is crucial to our success.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:22 pm

If Gerrard is not injured he will play... He is too good, plus his presence alone will inspire players

Lampard doesn't have that affect imo...
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:31 pm

At least Capello noticed it and is not allowing that mess in England.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:09 am

Ramires is their problem,average footballer with lot of energy.If you cant string two passes decently playing as a B2B then you dont deserve to play for a big club.

I heard Brazil avoided him from selection,finally mano doing the right things.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:57 am

english_jewel wrote:Chelsea needs a player who is able to dictate the game, and Lampard does not provide that type of creativity which we desperately need.

You have this player. Mceachran.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:03 am

free_cat wrote:
english_jewel wrote:Chelsea needs a player who is able to dictate the game, and Lampard does not provide that type of creativity which we desperately need.

Yes I know. Doubt he's ever going to break into our starting 11 without impressing on loan though. Like Sturridge.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:04 am

english_jewel wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Yes I know. Doubt he's ever going to break into our starting 11 without impressing on loan though. Like Sturridge.

He is the future of our midfield, of course he will break into starting 11...
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:11 am

lszanto wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Read my post again. bounce

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:12 am

babun1024 wrote:Once upon the time, there was a super consistent, not injury prone club talisman for Chelsea who scored 20+ goals per season. As of now he is clearly on decline and hasn't been his former self for a long period of time. Now, Chelsea want to keep him in the lineup at all costs, where to play him? Very Happy

ACM? He wasn't cut out for that role from a technical point of view but made himself famous with workrate and awsome scoring stats for a midfielder. At the moment, he lost a step= struggles there, can't get himself into shooting positions like before, doesn't provide creativity for his teammates. Creativity was always a weird part in Chelsea because forwards were the source of creativity instead of midfield Very Happy Their most creative guy was Drogba Very Happy

CM? He doesn't have the work rate or proper positioning as CM. It clearly shows when he plays for England or Chelsea in that position last year. You could pair him with a monster of a DM but Chelsea have Ramires and Mikkel, not exactly the DMs you need to compensate Very Happy

What to do with him? Very Happy
I can see Chelsea lose the next EPL campaign if they continue playing Lampard in primary role. He needs to step down and act from the bench or play less games but with more effort.

Discuss! :lol!:

Update:
Lampard won his 87th cap as a substitute in Friday's win against Bulgaria, but was displaced from the first team by Scott Parker and Gareth Barry.

The pair are expected to start against Wales on Tuesday, and the imminent return from injury of Steven Gerrard and Jack Wilshere means the 33-year-old could be pushed further down the pecking order.

"I don't know," Capello responded when asked if Lampard would start games for England. "I need to wait because he's got two training sessions before Tuesday's match against Wales and I don't know what will happen.

"He's part of the squad. He's one of the best English midfielders but as the manager I need to chose the players and not the name. At this moment, Gareth Barry is in really good form and at the start of the season, Lampard needed to play more games.

"I remember Frank Rijkaard, who for the first two months of a season was not a player, then he found good form. The first two games that Lampard played this season were not good but the last one was better. I need to choose the player in a good moment of form."

Capello reported that Lampard reacted to the bad news with dignity and was delighted at the manner with which he applied himself after being introduced as a late substitute.

However, given the excellent platform Barry and central midfield partner Scott Parker provided for England, it is hard to see how Lampard could be considered for an early recall.

Capello started the week by demanding pride from his players and at an age well beyond the point when Alan Shearer and Paul Scholes both quit to concentrate on their club careers, Lampard is facing a test of his often-repeated pledge never to abandon his country.
Source:http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04092011/58/euro-2012-qual-capello-issues-lampard-warning.html

Now, Capello agrees with me. He is clearly on decline. Chelsea won't win anything with him in midfield as set starter Very Happy

Is that Sharapova in your sig?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:24 am

Has Romeu played yet for Chelsea?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:27 am

Adit wrote:Ramires is their problem,average footballer with lot of energy.If you cant string two passes decently playing as a B2B then you dont deserve to play for a big club.

I heard Brazil avoided him from selection,finally mano doing the right things.

Ramires isn't the problem, he is our most inform player presently, the problem is the Ramires, Lampard Combo. It isn't working.

I really want McEachran to be given time to prove himself alongside Ramires but he isn't getting it. He would also do fantasticly alongside Meireles but that would mean dropping Ramires.

Lampard does not wekaen us, our combo in the midfield + our poor wingers (Anelka and Malouda or Kalou) did. It will all change with Sturridge and Mata coming into the team.

Romeu is yet to feature at all with us which I am disapointed about.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:30 am

billy_gr wrote:Has Romeu played yet for Chelsea?

Not yet. Mikel is ahead of him.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 am

I see… any plans for playing Mata on the midfield?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:35 am

billy_gr wrote:I see… any plans for playing Mata on the midfield?

Probably not.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:37 am

Could be an interesting option however despite loosing power on the wings…
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:41 am

billy_gr wrote:Could be an interesting option however despite loosing power on the wings…

But when he is on the wings, he will often have Cole(assuming he is LW) making further runs up the wing, allowing Mata to cut in and play more centrally for a short period.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:42 am

Mata drifts centrally anyway.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:58 am

Update 2.0, it seems like Lampard was reading our forums Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Chelsea's Frank Lampard vows to prove England critics who think he is 'old and crap' wrong
The midfielder came under fire during the recent round of international fixtures and insists nothing will please him more than to silence his doubters, as he vows to improve form

England midfielder Frank Lampard wants to prove critics who think he does not belong in the side wrong, following intense speculation concerning whether or not he has a future in the national team.

The 33-year-old was not picked to start against Bulgaria though he did figure from the off in the victory over Wales at Wembley, but a subdued performance in an underwhelming team display has led to even more discussion about his role in the set-up.

However, he insists that nothing will give him greater satisfaction than to prove his naysayers wrong.

"I’ve been here before," Lampard said, according to The Mirror.

"I’ve had slow starts to seasons when I was 25-26, I had a World Cup which didn’t go well. I wasn’t told I was old then, I was just told I was crap!

"That is just the game. I honestly don’t mind. When I was 25, I probably would have had a different reaction to it all.

"Once you’ve been around the block a little bit, you understand how things are and my main aim is to play for Chelsea week in and week out.

"People can talk about my age for as long as they like. There is nothing better in football than proving people wrong and I’ll try and do that for as long as I can."

The former West Ham United man also revealed that he would like to reach 100 caps, as he currently sits on 88 appearances for England.

But for now, he intends to play regularly with Chelsea and improve his form.

He said: "But no excuses. I’m going to hopefully be on top form very soon. We’ve only played three games. I’ve not flown out of the blocks, I don’t think Chelsea have as a group.

"I’d love to get to 100 caps but it’s not something I’m going to hang around and be trying to do if it’s not there. I’ll just be proud to play for as long as I can."

England currently need only a point from their final game to secure qualification to the European Championships that will take place in Poland and Ukraine next year.
Source:http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/09/08/2655960/chelseas-frank-lampard-vows-to-prove-england-critics-who
Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:53 pm

huntsman wrote:Let's not forget their heroic display against barcelona in 2009. That game shouldve ended Chelsea 7 - 0 Barca. I ve never seen barca in a weak form like that in recent years. Chelsea toyed with them and made them look like school kids.

Don't forget that chelsea should have never got a nil-nil draw at the camp nou if it wasn't for the referee and they should have never had a 1-nil lead seeing as barca should have had a penalty in the 4th minute at the Stamford bridge

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:00 pm

harhar11 wrote:
huntsman wrote:Let's not forget their heroic display against barcelona in 2009. That game shouldve ended Chelsea 7 - 0 Barca. I ve never seen barca in a weak form like that in recent years. Chelsea toyed with them and made them look like school kids.

Don't forget that chelsea should have never got a nil-nil draw at the camp nou if it wasn't for the referee and they should have never had a 1-nil lead seeing as barca should have had a penalty in the 4th minute at the Stamford bridge

You revived a dying thread for THAT?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:17 pm

lszanto wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
free_cat wrote:

I'm not trolling, but I genuinly believe that he will rot....very very slowly Crying or Very sad
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:53 pm

sell him to MLS, or turkey
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Lampard weakens Chelsea wtf?

More like Torres destroyed Chelsea....

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:43 pm

When important players have bad spell, its really hard for the club because it takes big balls to rotate them with in form players.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next