The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 23 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

+23
elitedam
farfan
Thimmy
Nivash
Clutch
The Demon of Carthage
LeVersacci
FennecFox7
Adit
Hapless_Hans
strugahimself
Mamad
Turok_TTZ
Chad31
Doc
Myesyats
Valkyrja
Cyborg
sportsczy
titosantill
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
Perucho21
27 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:10 am

sportsczy wrote:You can't fire Carlo now.  That wouldn't be very smart.  Who's going to take over... the bench coach who is his son?   Come on now.

Carlo has been mediocre for several years now if you're honest.  Did nothing at all with Bayern, and had a very mixed bag both with Napoli and Everton.  He's a good "company man" and a solid manager.  But we all know what he is and what he isn't.  You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

If we had half a brain, we'd pick off Tuchel in the offseason since he's obviously going to leave Chelsea.  That would make sense.  But we won't do it lol.

He did fine at Bayern until his assistant Clement (who was also with you for the Decima) left mid season to become a manager himself (without success) and suddenly there's Ancelotti's clueless twentysomething year old son on the bench trying to look serious. His problem is the quality of his staff without Clement.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by Thimmy Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:21 am

sportsczy wrote:Poch is a no go lol. He can't handle big personalities. He's an underdog manager.

He's still the OG "man manager" for me Laughing I don't know how popular that term was before he made it big with Tottenham, but he seemed to popularize it. Someone on here even credited him for making Kain and Son who they are today.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:00 am

Mbappe broke Carvajal. My God he's been atrocious since the first QSG game. Dreadful

At the end of the season we have to make some serious fire sales. When you are so desperate that you play Modric as a false 9 you have to make really tough decisions for the good of the team. All the deadwood doing feck all besides collecting wages should leave.

Jovic, Mariano, Bale, Asensio, Hazard need to all f off at the end of the season. If they refuse strip them of their jersey number and have them train with Castilla. This is unacceptable. One injury to our CF no matter how good he is should not mean playing like a Sunday league team. The aforementioned players have done nothing to warrant staying beyond the summer

If I see us play KCM just once next season i am going to fly over there and stuff every single chewing gum there is in Spain up Carlo's butt

Feel sorry for Valverde and Tibu. The only 2 players who turned up last night. Too bad noone else did
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:48 pm

With Ancelotti basically ignoring half of our bench who happen to be the most talented ones, we have basically no good bench players.

I mean a fat Isco, a Bale who don't give a fuck and a Hazard who has lost most of his abilities are still better than Modric as false 9. or Asensio as Winger.

When you decide not to play half of your bench you are basically giving them the green light to not give damn.

seriously, how many games a 37 old Modric is going to start?
him and mr turtle  ( Kroos ) leading the line of press? how dumb a coach can be?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:54 pm

It takes a Bold and smart coach to bench the stars who are out of form and give a place to younger players.

KCM as great as they have been, are not it anymore. If we replace Casemiro and Kroos with Camavinga and Ceballos we will play better. names on the pitch does not matter.

We are one of the worst "top" teams when it comes to off the ball movement and pressing. and one of the worst when it comes to building from the back.

winning LaLiga this season has to do with other teams being shite way more than us being good.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:29 am

I feel it was his son that came up with the "everyone play CF" strategy and I'm sticking with that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:25 am

One thing is very clear to me... Carlo is managing for his job against Chelsea. If we lose that tie and look poor, he's gone even if we win La Liga.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:24 am

All seriousness aside I decided to make a reddit account only to get into with some fan that believes Marcelo is levels ahead of R. Carlos because R. Carlos was nothing more than a free kick merchant. Such blasphemy had me delete my account. Long live GL

Has anyone kept tabs on our good ol pal Bill? I'm sure he's seen worse matches
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:32 am

bill has been quiet ever since his prediction last month that Barca would be battling to stay in  top 10

wonder if he has now revised his prediction hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:15 pm

I haven’t gone anywhere! I just can’t get interested in this endless extreme exaggerations. yes it was a very bad performance and yes Barca was impressive, but as I said before game, a loss would mean nothing to RMad, only to the fans whereas it was of utmost importance to Barca. La liga is still in the bag for Madrid.

And for sure this game pointed out some weaknesses, most of which we were already aware of but a couple of surprises as well most notably Vinicius and Alaba. Not to mention how handicapped this lineup was without both Benzema and Mendy. As for all this sudden Ancelotti a terrible manger, will get sacked if they lose to Chelsea! , pure BS. The only criticism we were seeing before was the daily verbal diarrhea from madman! The major issue with Carlo is he is only using half the squad, but it is a reality that he doesn’t have a lot of choice. All of the ‘pasted it’ guys on the bench have produced zero when given a chance. The one valid criticism is his overuse of the aging midfield. But let’s get real here, you write off the one game, hope we can get a good performance against Chelsea and celebrate la liga title. with the flaws in the lineup, noone expected us to do much this season.

As to what I think of Barca, here are two posts, i put up in other threads a while ago!  

futbol_bill wrote:The way I see it RMad is just 5 wins away from clinching 1st.

Sevilla seems legit and it will be difficult to overtake them for 2nd.

Barca are over their ‘terrible’ spell and probably 2nd best team right now.

Rayo had a good earlier run and are now settled at their rightful spot in middle of liga.

La Real have been hot and cold all season. Isay they are in competition for a Europa spot.

Villareal was impressive last month but now looking like they also are in competition for. europa spot.

Also look for Bilbao to put enough together to compete for Europa spot plus possibly Valencia.

That leaves Betis who to me keep surprising. Today’s game is key for both teams.

Atleti is very inconsistent right now so hard to tell.

My conclusion is RMad Champions
Sevilla, Barca, Betis, Atleti in battle for other 3 CL spots.

Then along with 5th place team from above, it will be a battle between Villareal, La Real, and possibly Bilbao and Valencia for Europa.

futbol_bill wrote:I don’t know what you have been reading? There are all kinds of statements by him in past few days of it is impossible to sign Haaland despite the desire. Also he would be a fool to take Tebas CVC deal. He is much smarter than that. IMO, he is the man that will resolve this, just look what he was able to do in past 2 months. But it will take time and you have to have patience.

The bad news, for you, is that Madrid has recovered mostly financially. Meaning you will not be among the elite of Europe for now, while Madrid likely gets back there next year. But you are still the competition to watch out for in liga.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:57 pm

Bill, that is harsh. A lot of those guys can do a job of at least rotation, and jovic, camavinga, valverde, miguel, Blanco have a strong argument for more minutes or at least some rotation to rest the starters. I’m not sure why you’re defending Carlo so much. Overplaying players leads to burnout and chronic injuries. Just look at pep and how he rotates. Ffs, riyad Mahrez is one of their best players and he gets rotated out regularly. Now look at him. Fresh and ready to go
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:50 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Bill, that is harsh. A lot of those guys can do a job of at least rotation, and jovic, camavinga, valverde, miguel, Blanco have a strong argument for more minutes or at least some rotation to rest the starters. I’m not sure why you’re defending Carlo so much. Overplaying players leads to burnout and chronic injuries. Just look at pep and how he rotates. Ffs, riyad Mahrez is one of their best players and he gets rotated out regularly. Now look at him. Fresh and ready to go

I did say it is a valid argument with regards to the midfield, esp. in the cases of Valverde and Camavinga. IMO, Blanco and Miguel are not part of squad. But the midfield was not the only problem! Bale, Hazard, Isco, Marcelo, Jovic, Mariano have offered ZERO in whatever opportunities they have had. Add in a zero defense with Lucas at RB, inadequate Vallejo and Ceballos plus awful year for both Casemiro and Carvajal. Who else does Carlo have to use? And plus you guys are ignoring the more than good performances Modric and Kroos have put in. Modric was outstanding just a couple of games ago. Yes they can’t sustain it, that’s the problem and yes  I definitely agree they should be rotated with Valverde and Camavinga. The bigger issue IMO has been the performance of Casemiro and the issue of no backup for him. IMO, I would be playing Blanco there.

But the reality is extreme exaggeration over one performance. The reaction seems to be the end of season! When reality is we win. La liga and go to at least the qtrs in CL which is about what the best expectations were for this squad of only 15 players!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:59 pm

Hazard has been decent whenever he played this season. atleast he does not lose the ball over and over like Asensio does in tough games.

plus how a player can be right in the head when the last 5-10 times his coach played him it was in fact just to humiliate him? coming as sub at 90th or 85th minute lmao.

Hazard could have been very useful this season. but Carlo didn't let it.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:21 pm

Btw, I'm not saying Carlo should get fired immediately if we lose to Chelsea.  I'm saying that if we lose the tie to Chelsea with a poor showing... Carlo likely gets fired at the end of the season.

It would be stupid to fire Carlo before the end of the season for any reason.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:55 am

sportsczy wrote:Btw, I'm not saying Carlo should get fired immediately if we lose to Chelsea.  I'm saying that if we lose the tie to Chelsea with a poor showing... Carlo likely gets fired at the end of the season.

It would be stupid to fire Carlo before the end of the season for any reason.

I don't think he'll get sacked if he loses to Chelsea but ends up winning the league.

He'll only be fired if he loses the league as well.

But regardless of whether or not he wins something, I already know he's not the man for the job. That's my opinion at least.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:51 am

Do you guys realize the successor to Carlo is either Raul or Xabi Alonso?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:20 pm

I doubt it with Xabi Alonso.  He's the manager of Real Sociedad B and they're 19th out of 22 teams.

Same with Raul.... Castilla is 10th out of 20.  

At least with Zidane, Castilla was 6th his first season and finished 1st the 7 months he was there in his 2nd season.  

Those two have to show at least a little bit of coaching ability.

Tuchel is the target imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:I doubt it with Xabi Alonso.  He's the manager of Real Sociedad B and they're 19th out of 22 teams.

At least with Zidane, Castilla was 6th his first season and finished 1st the 7 months he was there in his 2nd season.  

Make believe shit! There is no target. When and if Carlo leaves, these two will be the first they will look at. Just another example of extreme over reaction to one very bad performance in what was a meaningless game!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:02 pm

Coming from the best source for Real Madrid news: https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/tuchel-lista-florentino-perez-13412025
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:Coming from the best source for Real Madrid news: https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/tuchel-lista-florentino-perez-13412025

You’ve got to be kidding calling sport best source for news! You’re severely lacking credibility!

Again extreme over reaction.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:22 am

sportsczy wrote:I doubt it with Xabi Alonso.  He's the manager of Real Sociedad B and they're 19th out of 22 teams.

That is after a promotion, though, isn't it? He got them promoted to La Liga 2. And as far as I can see they
re the only "B" team in the second division.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:54 am

I would rather go for an established up-to-date manager than hiring a young, inexperienced one in the hopes that they would turn out to be more of a Guardiola than a Solari.

Let Raul and Xabi prove their worth in a top flight club first. If they do well, then by no means bring them as first team head coach.

Because the idea of appointing a manager straight from Castilla is highly risky. Raul could very well be the next Guardiola or Klopp, but we have no way of knowing it now.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:33 am

If we judge a manager by how well he does in our B team then Toril would've coached us by now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:04 pm

You guys are missing my point!

Carlo isn’t going anywhere any time soon! All this noise from Sports is pure nonsense. Hell, he is even quoting a catalan gossip media as good RMad source!

Whenever Carlo does leave, the first people they will look at will be Raul and Alonso. If they haven’t done enough at that time, then and only then will look elsewhere. Further, look at his misguided analysis of Xabi as Hans has pointed out.

All this nonsense in this thread is the result of the extreme over reaction to one very poor performance in a meaningless game and complete ignorance of the lineup handicaps that Carlo has had this season let alone missing two critical pieces for that game.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:10 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:If we judge a manager by how well he does in our B team then Toril would've coached us by now

With Madrid, it's 70% about getting the stars to buy into your philosophy and managing egos.  That's the criteria for me.  In terms of tactics... i dislike philosophical managers because they often lack pragmatism.

So to me, it comes down the man management and pragmatism.  Carlo has both... his issues are keeping the squad motivated for most games in a league season (seems ok this year; but he's always had this issue), killing his starting 11, not playing youth, and not adapting in-game.  When things go south with Carlo during a game, it just keeps going south and he doesn't know what to do.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:26 am

sportsczy wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:If we judge a manager by how well he does in our B team then Toril would've coached us by now

With Madrid, it's 70% about getting the stars to buy into your philosophy and managing egos.  That's the criteria for me.  In terms of tactics... i dislike philosophical managers because they often lack pragmatism.

I actually mostly agree to this with the only disagreement would be that Madrid managers need to not ignore the tactical side of things.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next