Mr Nick09
M99
Casciavit
El Gunner
S
40 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

UCL SF 2020/21 | Real Madrid Vs Chelsea - Page 5 Empty Re: UCL SF 2020/21 | Real Madrid Vs Chelsea

Post by BarcaLearning Wed May 05, 2021 8:58 pm

Looking at Reals bench and its quite a drop in level that we are used to seeing with Real squads in the past tbh. This lineup is the best they can afford atm, exception of Carvajal and Lucas out. Feel for Real really, now die Very Happy

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

UCL SF 2020/21 | Real Madrid Vs Chelsea - Page 5 Empty Re: UCL SF 2020/21 | Real Madrid Vs Chelsea

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 05, 2021 9:01 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I can't shake the feeling that Zidane is in fact dumb as a loaf of bread.
Anyone who has heard him speak (in a language they understand), am I guessing very wrong?

What do you mean dumb ? As in not smart ? I don't think he's dumber than the average spanish or french guy. Hard to judge someone's intelligence just by the way he speaks in press conference nonetheless.

Yes. As in not smart.
I've been wondering this, because I've never been able to listen to him and understand him. So I have to ask.
He's got this image of being cool, calm and level-headed, but I thought to myself, maybe he really is pretty dumb?

Which is not uncommon in professional footballers, of course, they spent all their lives training and playing, leaving the mental development sometimes a little impoverished.

I have to ask people who've heard him talk, because his lack of showing emotions makes it hard to read him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 05, 2021 9:03 pm

LeBéninois wrote:I'm not up to date with the rules but if Man U and Man City / Chelsea win the 2 european cups does that mean England will have 4 + 2 teams in the CL ?( i.e 2 of West ham/Liverpool/Everton or Spurs )

Nope, 5 teams at the most. In that case, 4th place would miss out (might be Chelsea anyway)
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 05, 2021 9:04 pm

Even though I'm a Tuchel stan I hope Madrid wins. I hate seeing CL finals from teams both within the same league.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed May 05, 2021 9:04 pm

From what i recall of interviews (i never watch press conf) Zizou seems a chill dude actually. Has a soft voice, speaks slowly with a moderate southern France accent.

Seems no smarter or dumber than the average footballer. Says normal things in a coherent way.

However Ribery you can tell right away he has the IQ of a rock
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 05, 2021 9:07 pm

Warrior wrote:From what i recall of interviews (i never watch press conf) Zizou seems a chill dude actually. Has a soft voice, speaks slowly with a moderate southern France accent.

Seems no smarter or dumber than the average footballer. Says normal things in a coherent way.

Yeah Xabi Alonso spoke better German after 3 months than Ribéry after 12 years
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed May 05, 2021 9:09 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
LeBéninois wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I can't shake the feeling that Zidane is in fact dumb as a loaf of bread.
Anyone who has heard him speak (in a language they understand), am I guessing very wrong?

What do you mean dumb ? As in not smart ? I don't think he's dumber than the average spanish or french guy. Hard to judge someone's intelligence just by the way he speaks in press conference nonetheless.

Yes. As in not smart.
I've been wondering this, because I've never been able to listen to him and understand him. So I have to ask.
He's got this image of being cool, calm and level-headed, but I thought to myself, maybe he really is pretty dumb?

Which is not uncommon in professional footballers, of course, they spent all their lives training and playing, leaving the mental development sometimes a little impoverished.

I have to ask people who've heard him talk, because his lack of showing emotions makes it hard to read him.

I don't know about spanish but in french his press conference are bland. He never takes a stand or say anything particularly relevant. For instance about the super league they ask his opinion and his answer was : I know what I think of it but I won't tell.
So yeah based on his french conference he's boring, bland, nothing smart etc ... but then again maybe he's acting this way to never spark any kind of controversy ? (everyone like him in France because he's never said anything relevant so he's the cool guy and winner )
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 05, 2021 9:12 pm

Casciavit wrote:Has Zidane ever won a big game when he goes big brain tactics mode? Laughing

Vinicius can't attack the byline. Hazard is ghosting. Benz is isolated 1v3. No one is making runs into the box but him.

Chelsea look way better. You'd think Madrid has the experience to overcome this, but they just look worse. Sloppy build up and the moment they lose it they have 3 pace merchants attacking them centrally on the counter. Chilwell is also making unmarked runs from deep which constantly gives them numeric advantages approaching the box.I get why Zidane went 3 at the back because of that, but Madrid really hasn't looked good at all.

Yeah Madrid look really bad and Chelsea are just the better team right now. A bit more wastefulness here at the start for Chelsea but they should feel good about the fact that they're not even being that aggressive or expansive and getting out of shape and yet they're creating decent chances fairly easily.

Mount misses a 1v1

You have to say, this is set up for a Madrid shithouse win, isn't it?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed May 05, 2021 9:14 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Warrior wrote:From what i recall of interviews (i never watch press conf) Zizou seems a chill dude actually. Has a soft voice, speaks slowly with a moderate southern France accent.

Ribéry doesn't even speak french correctly and that's his mother tongue. So learning a new language when you don't master yours is tough. So yeah he might looks dumb but is he really ?
Is someone can't speak any language correctly including his first language does that make him automatically dumb ? I don't think Ribéry is dumber than the average Joe. Less educated tho. yes.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 05, 2021 9:15 pm

Casciavit wrote:Has Zidane ever won a big game when he goes big brain tactics mode? Laughing

Vinicius can't attack the byline. Hazard is ghosting. Benz is isolated 1v3. No one is making runs into the box but him.

Chelsea look way better. You'd think Madrid has the experience to overcome this, but they just look worse. Sloppy build up and the moment they lose it they have 3 pace merchants attacking them centrally on the counter. Chilwell is also making unmarked runs from deep which constantly gives them numeric advantages approaching the box.I get why Zidane went 3 at the back because of that, but Madrid really hasn't looked good at all.

Their attack really is atrocious if you think about it, apart from Benz. Genuinely, wonder how they made it this far and still in contention in the league, i suppose if you have a good spine, even a lackluster attack can be glossed over. Now how long that spine lasts is another matter.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed May 05, 2021 9:18 pm

These muppets keep on wasting lol.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 05, 2021 9:20 pm

If Madrid shithouse their way to a win after all these Chelsea chances it will show why no one considers Zidane the best coach in the world even if he wins 4 CL's. The luck that baldie has is unheard of in all my years of watching.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed May 05, 2021 9:22 pm

This guy Havertz is a real bottler in this match

Also there is always more blue players on my screen. Real cannot do anything. Impressive
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 05, 2021 9:25 pm

Wtf is Chelsea doing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 05, 2021 9:28 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Ribéry doesn't even speak french correctly and that's his mother tongue. So learning a new language when you don't master yours is tough. So yeah he might looks dumb but is he really ?
Is someone can't speak any language correctly including his first language does that make him automatically dumb ? I don't think Ribéry is dumber than the average Joe. Less educated tho. yes.
Yeah, there are obviously very different levels and versions of intelligence or smartness, and being educated more often than not doesn't equal being intelligent, or vice versa
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 05, 2021 9:29 pm

Woowwww

That was a monumentally terrible call to give Hazard that foul. Chelsea would have been close to 3 on 1
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed May 05, 2021 9:44 pm

Long live Russia. Long live Czar. Molenation

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 05, 2021 9:44 pm

Game over

Another all English final. So boring.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed May 05, 2021 9:45 pm

There it is finally, that challenge highlighted the difference Kante wins it vs Nacho. Young Chelsea beats old Real Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 05, 2021 9:45 pm

Ramos Will an absolutely dreadful outing... should’ve never played in such an important game.

Tactics have been an absolute fireable offence.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 05, 2021 9:45 pm

About time. Game over. Madrid have been shocking while Chelsea have been awesome.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 05, 2021 9:55 pm

Well, if the players don't feel ashamed for this performance, I'll do it for them.

This was extremely terrible and keep in mind, this club wanted to have a Super League started.

Well done to Chelsea, legit good/great football over the course of two legs.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed May 05, 2021 9:55 pm

Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole~~~ So good to see Real finally outplayed in the CL, and watching their aging players, I hope its end of their CL reign for sure for a while to come Very Happy

Come to think it, if Flo cant raise funds to renew their midfield they will struggle for a few years Very Happy

For the final, lets see if Pep and MAn C can overcome this very good Chelsea team atm, who they lost to in the FA Cup recently iirc?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 05, 2021 9:58 pm

Freeza wrote:Ramos Will an absolutely dreadful outing... should’ve never played in such an important game.

Tactics have been an absolute fireable offence.

Our tactical banana of a manager really out did himself today.

Last edited by Doc on Wed May 05, 2021 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed May 05, 2021 9:59 pm

Madrid looked dead ass tired the whole game. No runs at all.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 05, 2021 10:02 pm

Yesterday wasn't so bad for me as a Pepophile and seeing the AMERICAN FLAG put Madrid to the sword today felt pretty good too.

The all english final is boring but I'd rather see that than Madrid somehow winning this tie after they should have been dead and in the ground 5 or 6 times. The better team won both ties, and I have to give a lot of credit to Tuchel. I completely backed the firing of Lampard and bringing Tuchel in and he's done better than I would have imagined. It hasn't been the toughest of matchups to get to the final, but he's still managed to do it after coming in to the squad in December, and that's impressive no matter what.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next