Warrior
Lord Spencer
Arquitecto
26 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Calcio Saga 20/21 - Page 36 Empty Re: Calcio Saga 20/21

Post by rincon Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:31 pm

Robespierre wrote:Should Fonseca be sacked ?

Table is good, they' re fighting for 4th place.
EL path is not hard, but it was ok so far.

He's been knocked out from Spezia at home though, and he has lost badly 3 big games : 4-0 against Napoli, 4-1 against Atalanta , 3-0 against Lazio

I think with him they are at their ceiling.

They haven't won a big match this season, and have the big losses you wrote.

Looked at last season, they didn't get a winning aggregate against any big team in Serie A as well. Don't think it will be different this time around. Difficult to make the CL if you don't beat any of your competitors.

Allegri, Sarri, and Spalletti are available after all.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:28 pm

Sarri - Roma perfect coupling too, I think it would work. Perfect for each other.

Allegri has the Romanista girlfriend but beyond this ... he waited Inter or a club who can fight for the title

Spalletti ' d go back willingly at Roma, but Spalletti and Roma are bounded from a bittershweet relationship ... It depends on how much it's high the Tottism influence there now
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:00 pm

Kaladin wrote:I know this is banging drums but Calabria is the 2nd best RB in the league right now after Hakimi, insane how good he has turned out

You catch covid and people forget about you. Cuadrado is the best right back in the league. Hakimi is not even a fullback, iirc his benching came after a stint at RB

And stop complaining about your absentees. You have three, maybe four very good players and then just a bunch of average joe's. Those are replaceable because your team has a good functioning system. And that system works well because the last months of the previous season were used as a preseason.

adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:15 pm

In 9 minutes the team has already sprinted more than in 90 vs Inter.

Also Cuadrado is back :bow: and yes, he is very clearly the best rb in serie a.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:16 pm

Spalletti's the most affordable of those 3, but least likely and that even with the fact that Totti's influence at the club has waned following his departure and his own ventures. The conditions for Spalletti's return are better, but I just don't see it happening.

We can't afford Allegri and probably can't afford Sarri either.

Like I said, Fonseca has never gotten the team he actually wanted. With Pinto coming in, maybe that happens now if we can make the CL again. That was Fonseca's goal at the beginning of the season and that's still the goal now. I think he'll be sacked only if we're mathematically out of the running for 4th. Otherwise, he'll get at least this summer with Pinto to build the team he needs.

Having though more on all of this, a hallmark of the Friedkins have been their secretive nature so I have to take a lot of reports about them with a grain of salt.

In the immediate, who do we have coming up on the weekend? You guessed it.....Spezia.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:43 pm

adun101 wrote:
Kaladin wrote:I know this is banging drums but Calabria is the 2nd best RB in the league right now after Hakimi, insane how good he has turned out

You catch covid and people forget about you. Cuadrado is the best right back in the league. Hakimi is not even a fullback, iirc his benching came after a stint at RB

And stop complaining about your absentees. You have three, maybe four very good players and then just a bunch of average joe's. Those are replaceable because your team has a good functioning system. And that system works well because the last months of the previous season were used as a preseason.

Milan has the best player in most positions

Still underdogs in every match

Best record over the last 12 months

Remarkable run

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:57 pm

Szczesny with match winning saves helped clinch this victory tonight. MOTM by a country mile. Top 5 GK in the world easily.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:30 pm

Luca wrote:
adun101 wrote:

Milan has the best player in most positions

Best record over the last 12 months

Remarkable run

Your own supporters are saying we have "three, maybe four very good players and then just a bunch of average joes"

Clearly, we are underdogs, and besides Ibra, Theo, Donarumma, and Kessie (that's the four "very good players" I assume), the rest are "average joes". Sure, monetarily, they all combined cost less than CR.

Jokes aside, Milan, despite having the best record in the league for the past 12 months, have zero trophies to show for it yet. This, along with the fact that our squad's age, experience, and cost, all pale in comparison to the three clubs challenging for the title, are the reason we are underdogs here.

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:33 pm

Also, congratulation to Juve on wining the Supercoppa. I think it was a very close match, and Napoli and Gattuso were characteristically unlucky with a couple of great chances and a missed penalty.

I hope this gives them the experience to beat you guys in the league Very Happy

Juve is still dangerous despite the loss to Inter, and this will probably start them in another unbeaten run for a while.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:33 am

adun101 wrote:

I understand what you mean , but if Hakimi is not fullback, not even Cuadrado is . He's same type of player.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:08 am

Cuadrado at least defends in a back 4 as a normal fullback. Doesnt really matter in the end. His come back last night was amazing. Such a fantastic player and playing after weeks of sitting out like he never left.

That was a proper final, and we were the better team. Insigne had the tie with his penalty buy was unlucky, although to get a penalty at that point as Napoli were on the backfoot then. Clumsy defending by McKennie there.

Bernardeschi was actually very good. To have a proper left footed player on the left is a necessity. With Danilo and Chiesa we have no one left footed on the left and it makes our play too narrow.

This should be quite similar to our strongest 11. De Ligt, Alex, and Dybala should make it better.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:49 am

How many times Cuadrado has been a fullback in a 4 system  this year though ?
He did just during Sarri, such as Hakimi was used to do at Dortmund too.  He was born as fullback.
Hakimi plays on 3-5-2 that means he's a sort of hybrid between a fullback and a wing. You can't say that he neglects the defensive phase ( otherwise he 'd not even play under Conte but Darmian, you know it) but having said this he's one of our most important offensive keys.

Two great players anyway . Best Juve player under Pirlo = Cuadrado , not CR.

In fact I can't deny absences of Cuadrado (he missed also against Milan) , De Ligt and Dybala were  good advantage for us  .
I mean it is as if Inter would have played  that match without Hakimi, De  Vrij and Lautaro......
That doesn't change that I ' m still excited for having won the Derby d'Italia of course Proud

Especially first 2 absences tbf  
De Ligt is important for Juve not just because he's great but also  for other two reasons   :

Chiellini is done
Bonucci seems me back at Milan season levels  the worst season in Juve made by him so far ? ( if we take away that Zaccheroni year of course)

Pirlo doesn't rate Demiral or probably he 's just inclined to Juve senators,  but perhaps the Turkish could have deserved a chance against Inter
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:23 pm

Demiral wasnt available to start vs Inter, he basically plays whenever he is not injured, which sadly has not been often enough. Just got reinjured again as well.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:25 pm

Bonucci is done too. He only starts because he's mates with Pirlo. Even Buffon is surprisingly getting more starts this season.
I know it's not the right time to post this but the first thing Juve needs next summer is a clearout of the senior 'leadership group' as soon as possible(along with Pirlo).
Time to create a new set of leaders. After having won so much it could be that the 'lack' of motivation among senior players is wearing off on the younger players at the club too. I don't see that hunger or intensity anymore that we've come to see with past Juve teams.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:27 pm

Robespierre wrote:How many times Cuadrado has been a fullback in a 4 system  this year though ?
He did just during Sarri,

It depends on what you define. We don't play with wingbacks traditionally as Conte does.

In every match Cuadrado has played for Pirlo he is always part of the 4 man backline.

The team is setup to attack with a back 3 and defend with a back 4. One of the fullbacks stays in defense (Danilo) and one attacks (Cuadrado). They shift centrally when Cuadrado attacks, and shift to the left when Cuadrado comes back to defend.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:45 pm

S wrote:Bonucci is done too. He only starts because he's mates with Pirlo. Even Buffon is surprisingly getting more starts this season.
I know it's not the right time to post this but the first thing Juve needs next summer is a clearout of the senior 'leadership group' as soon as possible(along with Pirlo).
Time to create a new set of leaders. After having won so much it could be that the 'lack' of motivation among senior players is wearing off on the younger players at the club too. I don't see that hunger or intensity anymore that we've come to see with past Juve teams.

There are only good things that can be transmitted by having players (or explayers) like Pirlo, Buffon, Chiellini, and Ronaldo. Bonucci is more debatable.

As Chiellini said after the Inter match, that they are doing everything to transmit to the young players the mentality they need to have at Juve, but not everyone catches on.

Players like McKennie, Kulusevski, Demiral, and Chiesa clearly show this. Problem is that players like Bernardeschi, Rabiot, Ramsey, Arthur, Bentancur, Morata, and Dybala, don't. To different degrees of course. We would not be better off with our "leadership" being Ramsey, Dybala, Morata, and Rabiot. Far too weak in terms of winning mentality.

In fact I doubt that Rabiot will ever change, he will always be this talented but lazy player that should be nowhere near a leadership role. Same for Ramsey although he is a nice guy. Dybala and Morata are better in this regard but they still need to step up and show they can lead a team. Bentancur is a bit more encouraging, but its difficult as being less talented than almost all his teammates makes it difficult to lead by example Laughing

De Ligt is the best example of a leader in our new crop of players. He is the one we can count on to the level of Chiellini and Co.

Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, Szczesny, are great players with great mentality to have. But to take the next step in consistency you need the Chiellini's and De Ligt's. Kulusevski also looks like he can reach this level. His character looks very impressive for such a young player. That is years away though.

In any case Buffon and Chiellini are about to retire. We will be worse for it though, not better. At least Chiellini will stay in the club.

We need more Buffons, Ronaldos, Chiellinis, Litchsteiners, Mandzukics, etc. And less Rabiots.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:51 pm

Also this is something that hiring Conte basically get you a shortcut to.

No doubt that Inter will benefit massively from his impact on players like Skrinjar, Bastoni, and Barella. Basically as it was Conte that made Bonucci.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:26 pm

Well said brother Rincon. Bonucci has never been much of a leader and any reputation he had going for him was tarnished when he left for Milan and then crawled back after his worst showing in his career (in his prime no less)

When he was dribbling through our own half down 2-0 to Fiorentina which led to him being dispossessed and the third goal, while wearing the captain's band, I saw the summation of his career

He's also struggling with Conte's high line which does not prioritize defending and a thin midfield. With that being said, he's been generally decent

De Ligt has those leadership qualities and the surprise of the season is surely Danilo. We know he's not the most talented player on the team but I've been so impressed with his role on the field with Pirlo and his leadership

Anyways, I hate to keep beating this drum to death but Pirlo's Juventus will live or die through the midfield. Bentancur went from looking he didn't belong anywhere near the field against Inter to having quite a good game. Arthur plays 1 excellent game for every 3-4 average-poor ones, I thought he was great against Napoli. Rabiot has played about 8-10 world class games for Juventus and every other one is so anonymous. Not seriously investing in the midfield for so many seasons in a row has brought us to this point

McKennie and Ramsey play too advanced to be considered

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:59 pm

@McLewis did you survive the match?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:21 pm

Why the fuck is Meite playing as a CAM?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:29 pm

rincon wrote:@McLewis did you survive the match?

lol this was one of the most entertaining game of this season. Maroyal should have had hat trick and Roma was missing some opportunity.

i dont know if Mclewis is doing ok that needed a last minute miracle for Roma Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:31 pm

Kaladin wrote:Why the fuck is Meite playing as a CAM?

was wondering the same ... maybe because calhanoglu isnt there so he wanted to keep diaz for option either as RW or AM later on because saelemaekers is suspended instead of using him as AM.. then having no option later on just in case?

anyway , looking forward to mandzukic and tomori if they make app.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:38 pm

Yeah we're definitely losing this.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:53 pm

One of the worst halves we've played this season, no creativity at all just Inshallah crosses

We are definitely losing this, especially with Kalulul at the back
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:55 pm

bar calabria, donnarruma, ibra, kjaer, kessie, ... rest of them arent up for the game so far.
i think its nothing new aboiut castillejo being nothing but a liability and a zero contributor, but putting SMeite has been a disastrous decision by pioli so far. all wrong decision making by him on final third.

illlic is toying with our defense, gosens is bullying castllejo pretty easily ; hateboaer got leao in pocket and we are very very lucky to survive with just 1 goal down.

i dont know if it changes things to some degree but either castillejo or meite should be out. again this game is a close reminiscence of juve game just lack of concentration by our wingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:57 pm

i have to hand it to calabria game is early but atleast he is keeping zapata on check. Otherwise we would be down 3-4 ... ; this is really bad game since our asses were handed to us by atalanta same time last season

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next