Robespierre
Mr Nick09
Arquitecto
Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
51 posters

Page 25 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next

Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 25 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Blue Sun May 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Firenze wrote:Chelsea getting CL football is hilarious given how bad they are. And a damning statement on the..state of United and Arsenal.

So yeah, if Chelsea win the EL what happens? do Arsenal get CL? assuming you play them in the final edit: so who gets their spot?

I had no confidence getting top 4 a few weeks ago, in fact i am still in shock.

Everyone did their best to not make the top 4.

Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 25 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Firenze Sun May 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Blue wrote:
Firenze wrote:Chelsea getting CL football is hilarious given how bad they are. And a damning statement on the..state of United and Arsenal.

So yeah, if Chelsea win the EL what happens? do Arsenal get CL? assuming you play them in the final edit: so who gets their spot?

Obviously you're pleased to get CL next season, but what about this surely securing Sarri for another season?

I assumed he was gone if he didn't get CL but IDK if that was realistic thinking, honestly no idea with Chelsea these days since Roman seems to be kinda hands off

Still think there has to be huge concerns with Sarri from Chelsea fans
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 05, 2019 6:39 pm

rincon wrote:France's third placed scrub. Just like it happened this season.

what a waste of time ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Looking forward to the summer window. So many big teams need fresh meat, but there doesn't seem to be much quality around. Will be interesting to see who signs what.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun May 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Firenze wrote:
Blue wrote:

Obviously you're pleased to get CL next season, but what about this surely securing Sarri for another season?

I assumed he was gone if he didn't get CL but IDK if that was realistic thinking, honestly no idea with Chelsea these days since Roman seems to be kinda hands off

Sarri gives me great concern; many Chelsea fans like to bring up Klopp and Pep early struggles, but in my opinion those two adapted and tinkered with their approach. On the other hand, Sarri has not learned anything since he got here.

He needs better players in attack and FB play. I anticipate the transfer ban to be delayed after the CAS appeal. I also believe Hazard is off to Madrid, so this might be our only transfer window until 2021. So this is an important transfer window, having CL to sell becomes very important.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Really is hilarious how Chelsea without even playing a proper striker for big part of the season gets CL football Very Happy Arsenal are still jokes, their defense is still so bad, I guess maybe it wasnt all Wengers fault. Similarly for Man U. Perhaps this shows a manager doesnt affect or can change so much, the club and players mentality just seems to stick at these two clubs, or are stuck?

The Europa League final is gonna be huge than for Arsenal.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 05, 2019 7:12 pm

I don't want to hear anything about Wenger considering most of the shit players we have were his signings. Respect the man but come on, there's a very good reason he's not manager anymore.

It's telling that in his last season we conceded 50+ goals in the league and this season under a new manager we've again conceded 50+ goals in the league. The players who led the way in mistakes are doing so again this season. It's very obvious where Arsenal's problems lie.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Jay29 wrote:I don't want to hear anything about Wenger considering most of the shit players we have were his signings. Respect the man but come on, there's a very good reason he's not manager anymore.

It's telling that in his last season we conceded 50+ goals in the league and this season under a new manager we've again conceded 50+ goals in the league. The players who led the way in mistakes are doing so again this season. It's very obvious where Arsenal's problems lie.

Will we get the necessary funds though to reinvest and replace this summer??
Probably not.
Perpetual cycle of mediocrity.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 05, 2019 7:35 pm

If we sneak into the Champions League and manage to sell a few players, we will have funds to buy a couple of good players. If we have no CL and can't shift on a few players, then it's going to be a very difficult summer because Kroenke's not going to invest and the club won't risk overspending. We'd be looking at a similar summer to last year.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 05, 2019 7:36 pm

Would Spurs hang on to Poch, Kane, Ali, Eriksson or Son if they don't qualify for CL?
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun May 05, 2019 7:38 pm

Blue wrote:
Firenze wrote:
Blue wrote:

Sarri gives me great concern; many Chelsea fans like to bring up Klopp and Pep early struggles, but in my opinion those two adapted and tinkered with their approach. On the other hand, Sarri has not learned anything since he got here.

He needs better players in attack and FB play. I anticipate the transfer ban to be delayed after the CAS appeal. I also believe Hazard is off to Madrid, so this might be our only transfer window until 2021. So this is an important transfer window, having CL to sell becomes very important.

If you want Sarri you should buy him players he needs. Not give him 1 player for his system and expect top results. Either back him this summer if the ban is lifted or move on to the next coach
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun May 05, 2019 7:42 pm

Jay29 wrote:If we sneak into the Champions League and manage to sell a few players, we will have funds to buy a couple of good players. If we have no CL and can't shift on a few players, then it's going to be a very difficult summer because Kroenke's not going to invest and the club won't risk overspending. We'd be looking at a similar summer to last year.

Meh, getting into the CL is not about money anymore for the PL clubs, because PL pays a lot better than CL.
Btw What's your opinion on Emery this season?
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun May 05, 2019 7:59 pm

CL is worth an extra £30m to clubs just by participating in the group stages. For a stingy club like Arsenal, that's a valuable gain which could allow them to sign one extra player or commit more to a big transfer. Bare in mind that Arsenal are committed to being self-sustainable and not relying on owner investment to win (they're literally the only club in the division to not receive investment from their owner).

As for Emery, I'm not a fan. Never have been and likely never will be. He's just not the sort of coach I resonate with. I find him too negative, too concerned with tinkering to match the opposition and not concerned enough about clarifying his ideas for the players. After Wenger, we needed a more flexible coach with greater focus on tactics, and Emery does provide that, but it's coming at the cost of a core way of playing. It's like we've swung too far in the other direction when really we just needed something in the middle. If we changed coaches in the summer, I wouldn't be mad about it. Arsenal wanted a coach who played attacking football and who would bring young players through, but Emery hasn't done that. He's not brave enough to play an attacking team consistently and he's ignored promising young players even when the senior players have been poor for a long time.

So yeah, I don't think he's the right guy and think it'd be risky to give him a summer window and a second year. On the other hand, he doesn't have the greatest set of players to work with and maybe, if I'm being optimistic about it, he'll have better players next season and we'll see some genuine improvement. But I feel like that'd be making the most out of an overall bad situation.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 05, 2019 8:07 pm

iftikhar wrote:Would Spurs hang on to Poch, Kane, Ali, Eriksson or Son if they don't qualify for CL?

Son isn't being sold. Kane doesn't want to leave.

Eriksen and Dele could leave, but Dele I don't think will have many options better than Spurs after an injured and somewhat underwhelming season. I don't see it.

I definitely could see Eriksen leaving even with CL but if Madrid goes for Hazard instead, well we'd have to see who wants him and who will pay a premium for him.

Personally I don't see any big names leaving Tottenham this season unless Poch leaves.

Regardless though, with that result CL is all but confirmed for Spurs. Would take a monumental collapse to not get CL from here. Then again, Spurs have been trying to screw it up...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun May 05, 2019 8:11 pm

Firenze wrote:Chelsea getting CL football is hilarious given how bad they are.

One word: Hazard
The only player in top 5 leagues that has 15+ goals and 15+ assists in the league this season. And those numbers would probably be much higher if he had a competent striker to work with this season
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 05, 2019 8:11 pm

@Jay who would you want as coach?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun May 05, 2019 8:18 pm

BusterLfc wrote:
Blue wrote:
Firenze wrote:

If you want Sarri you should buy him players he needs. Not give him 1 player for his system and expect top results. Either back him this summer if the ban is lifted or move on to the next coach

He has been backed to a certain degree; Kepa, Jorginho, Kovacic, and Higuain. Do i think he has been properly backed? No i think there is a bit to go in that department.

Ultimately he gives me a great concern, think he is very one dimensional. Not in the way Pep is, Pep wants to play a certain but not an exact way of doing so. Sarri is very rigid and mechanical. It is very limiting, and the players he has chosen and got behind has been very poor.

If Tuchel becomes available, i would dump Sarri in a second.

Like i said i am inclined to give Sarri more opportunities, just do not have much faith in him.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun May 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Jay29 wrote:CL is worth an extra £30m to clubs just by participating in the group stages. For a stingy club like Arsenal, that's a valuable gain which could allow them to sign one extra player or commit more to a big transfer. Bare in mind that Arsenal are committed to being self-sustainable and not relying on owner investment to win (they're literally the only club in the division to not receive investment from their owner).

As for Emery, I'm not a fan. Never have been and likely never will be. He's just not the sort of coach I resonate with. I find him too negative, too concerned with tinkering to match the opposition and not concerned enough about clarifying his ideas for the players. After Wenger, we needed a more flexible coach with greater focus on tactics, and Emery does provide that, but it's coming at the cost of a core way of playing. It's like we've swung too far in the other direction when really we just needed something in the middle. If we changed coaches in the summer, I wouldn't be mad about it. Arsenal wanted a coach who played attacking football and who would bring young players through, but Emery hasn't done that. He's not brave enough to play an attacking team consistently and he's ignored promising young players even when the senior players have been poor for a long time.

So yeah, I don't think he's the right guy and think it'd be risky to give him a summer window and a second year. On the other hand, he doesn't have the greatest set of players to work with and maybe, if I'm being optimistic about it, he'll have better players next season and we'll see some genuine improvement. But I feel like that'd be making the most out of an overall bad situation.

I think you should go for Conte tbh
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun May 05, 2019 8:35 pm

At the end Chelsea didn't make a bad season...
Yet Sarri hasn't really influenced as he should have made
if you watch this Chelsea it doesn't look like a squad by Sarri
It's an one-dimensional team ( Hazard), nothing to see with Napoli that was an amazing orchestra.
He wasn't able to take his ideas in Chelsea and it's the reason why he was signed
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Almost no chance Spurs mess it up but the fact that it's possible makes me very nervous tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun May 05, 2019 9:01 pm

Blue wrote:

He has been backed to a certain degree; Kepa, Jorginho, Kovacic, and Higuain. Do i think he has been properly backed? No i think there is a bit to go in that department.

He only really got 1 outfield player that fits his style, and it's Jorginho. Kovacic isn't really a Sarri player and he's not that good anyway imo. Higuain is past it, Chelsea is basically playing without a striker this season

Luckily for Sarri though he has Hazard who is carrying the team
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 05, 2019 11:52 pm

Jay29 wrote:If Watford win the FA Cup and United finish sixth, they'll have to play EL qualifiers btw.

Can see them forgoing EL in favour of the International Champions Cup
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 05, 2019 11:58 pm

rofl

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 06, 2019 12:33 am

BarcaLearning wrote: Perhaps this shows a manager doesnt affect or can change so much

I believe the manager is as important as the players if not more. Arsenal is a curious case since they got fooled by Emery who has always been a coward.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 06, 2019 1:06 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/17/64/32/82/fuck_u10.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/kGCuRgmbnO9EI/giphy.gif
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 06, 2019 1:52 am

Kaladin wrote:https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/17/64/32/82/fuck_u10.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/kGCuRgmbnO9EI/giphy.gif

You're finishing 8th in a shit league. Sit down clown. Imagine being beaten to the CL spots by Atalanta. Fucking Atalanta. Unreal.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next