Valkyrja
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
25 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Zidane part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Zidane part 2

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:55 am

he had a whole summer to let flo know who or how he wanted to build his squad. he got hired before the world cup started. he was asked about ronaldo and said he likes the challenge and will make it work with the available players on our team. so he knew what he was getting into and he was excited about the challenge

he had lots of time to sell flo on any ideas he had, i've always felt a good coach should be a good salesman as well. we didn't start hearing rumors that lope would have wanted reinforcement until around the uefa super cup match with atleti.

tbh imo its not just about the 3-4 months, he didn't look like he had any plan to begin with. i respect him more now than when he coached us, cos he hasn't gone the "i asked madrid for x y z and they said no" route

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:57 am

i have a feeling he’s going to bring neymar and a top level CF. quote me on this
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:31 am

lmao neymar, trust me at real madrid, when it comes to transfers these days, expect very little and hope (and pray, and pray harder and hope) for the best. this is a club that lost a 40 plus goal machine and signed a goalie. you think flo wouldn't like to have neymar? its psg we are dealing with , the only hint of hope we have is that neymar may be disappointed in the psg project after their elimination. but he's under contract, and who knows what psg will ask for or what flo can offer

for a calm state of mind, i'm expecting very little in the summer , and if big things happen, i'll get excited.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:03 am

titosantill wrote:he had a whole summer to let flo know who or how he wanted to build his squad. he got hired before the world cup started. he was asked about ronaldo and said he likes the challenge and will make it work with the available players on our team. so he knew what he was getting into and he was excited about the challenge

he had lots of time to sell flo on any ideas he had, i've always felt a good coach should be a good salesman as well. we didn't start hearing rumors that lope would have wanted reinforcement until around the uefa super cup match with atleti.

tbh imo its not just about the 3-4 months, he didn't look like he had any plan to begin with. i respect him more now than when he coached us, cos he hasn't gone the "i asked madrid for x y z and they said no" route

To be fair to Lope, he was only on site the day before the WC started, and once the world cup starts you can't negotiate with anyone involved (basically all the good players). You make it sound like he had time over the summer, and he really didn't.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:21 am

its not about negotiation. when he got kicked out of spain he had ample time to present ideas to florentino, i'm not saying lope should go out and sign players; but sell the idea to flo on what you need and why. he either didn't or if he did it was too late and unconvincing. he wasn't doing anything all summer, and he had flo's phone number email house address everything. if not flo then he had people close to flo's ear. all he did was talk about how beautiful the anthem was, and what an amazing squad he has

by the time media started making reports that he wanted a striker, and i think the name they threw out was rodrigo, those reports came out around the super cup, when we failed in the super cup flo then rushed to get mariano

my thing is, i don't think lope did a good job of selling his ideas to flo or convincing flo he needed more. he was either as delusional as flo or wasn't convincing enough...and we've signed players in world cup years before, i can't give flo a pass , neither can i give lope a pass either. he should have seen the situation moreso than florentino, he's spanish after all and a coach, so he was well aware of what he was going into
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:25 am

I must say, no matter what happens, i hold Zidane in the pantheon of gods and will print a picture of him to put on my work desk.

I hope Perez gave him the keys to the kingdom.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 am

i'm interested in seeing what happens with the goalie situation, not just next season but this season. that's the first issue zidane will have to address, though i think keylor may have made up his mind to move on
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:35 am

Neymar and Mbappe aren't coming. Cavani is a real possibility though if we want him...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:01 am

Maybe he did and was told to fk off and work with what you have. And as you can see, what we have really hasn't been up to scratch. No, I disagree with you totally there Tito, Lope got the short end of the stick which is just how the cookie crumbles at Madrid. Heard his severance package was lovely though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:27 am

I'm with Doc on this one, I don't really know what any manager could "sell" to Perez in a WC summer to replace 50 goals per season without signing a proper striker.

Zidane a 3 time CL winner saw the writing on the wall and dodged one of RMs most disastrous seasons in recent history. In retrospect, how was Lopetegui supposed to change that? Not by talking to Perez, you have to do that with results in Madrid and you can't get results when the players you have are injured/unmotivated and you can't get new players in. You have to admit he had the deck stacked against him. He needed a LOT of things to all go right simultaneously in order to be successful here and I really don't blame him for not attaining it.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:41 am

I think some of you need to cool it down with Lyon players. Watching the likes of De Jong and Van de Beek made me realize how overrated some of our players are. Aouar, in particular, has been killing us with misplaced lateral passes for months now and Ndombélé's frequent lapses of concentration and unnecessary dribbling have punished the team numerous times.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 am

farfan wrote:I think some of you need to cool it down with Lyon players. Watching the likes of De Jong and Van de Beek made me realize how overrated some of our players are. Aouar, in particular, has been killing us with misplaced lateral passes for months now and Ndombélé's frequent lapses of concentration and unnecessary dribbling have punished the team numerous times.

We'll still take Aouar Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:02 pm

farfan wrote:I think some of you need to cool it down with Lyon players. Watching the likes of De Jong and Van de Beek made me realize how overrated some of our players are. Aouar, in particular, has been killing us with misplaced lateral passes for months now and Ndombélé's frequent lapses of concentration and unnecessary dribbling have punished the team numerous times.

Agreed but Zidane is in charge now and Lyon's presi is seemingly always willing to sell.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:33 am

Apparently, people have been hating on him for his thot pants Laughing

Zidane part 2 - Page 3 2609271
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:37 am

would smash

no homo
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:00 am

Valkyrja wrote:

We'll still take Aouar Proud

Aouar is a good player but he is nowhere near ready. Come on man.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:18 pm

Personally I don't see why not. Our midfield has been a pile of garbage this season. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine a talented young player who is brought in, to compete and get into the team.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:24 pm

With Zidane back, can I take 1 Ceballos please?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:04 pm

No, you may not. You are, however, free to take those ridiculous pair of pants he's wearing in that photo.

Holy shit, they had me dying rofl
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:38 pm

Currently we are only offering Bales, Modrics, Vallejos, and James’s

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:06 pm

rincon wrote:With Zidane back, can I take 1 Ceballos please?

Honestly didn't think anyone but, like, 3 of us liked Ceballos. Or even see potential for the very least.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 pm

ZZ oversaw his first session today and started it off with the good ol' teamtalk. The only time Solari did that was probably when he said his goodbyes. Urggh why couldn't we have appointed ZZ just before the Ajax 2nd leg No
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:51 pm

Doc wrote:
rincon wrote:With Zidane back, can I take 1 Ceballos please?

Honestly didn't think anyone but, like, 3 of us liked Ceballos. Or even see potential for the very least.

I was day 1 with the Ceballos hype in GL, before he ever put on a Madrid shirt, from the U21 euros.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:58 pm

I actually watched Betis games to see him play, ugh. Ceballos at Jjuve could work nicely. He has that grit you need in Serie A and the skill. Just needs a manager to focus him on a position he can excel in. Heard Allegri could do these things...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Juve can have Kroos. They ahould leave Ceballos and Isco the hell alone

Next season could look like this hmm

Eriksen-Casemiro-Ceballos
Isco-Hazard
ST
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:28 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Juve can have Kroos. They ahould leave Ceballos and Isco the hell alone

Next season could look like this hmm

Eriksen-Casemiro-Ceballos
Isco-Hazard
ST

Oh god, please never this.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down