VanDeezNuts
Doc
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Move on from Ramos

Ramos last season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap38%Ramos last season? - Page 3 Voting_bar 38% 
[ 3 ]
Ramos last season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap62%Ramos last season? - Page 3 Voting_bar 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Ramos last season? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ramos last season?

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 30, 2019 9:20 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:No way Ramos goes to freeking China when he's still at the top of his game and has a chance to win Balon d'or without Ronaldo blocking him. He was clearly angling for a new contract and Perez publicly called his bluff.

And within 72 hours the whole matter was cleared up and no new contract for Ramos. I knew the China rumours weren't serious enough for him to consider it hence this abrupt press conference that was only announced this morning to "clear up the false rumours"

Ronaldo went the muy triste route, Ramos the United/China. Unlike then, this time he has no leverage. He is 33yo, at some point in the next 2 seasons we will have to move on from him anyways. He knew it, Perez knew it.
you understand there are not rumours here right?

He factually met with Perez with his brother Rene and a lawyer and said they had an offer for a lot of money but the Chinese team couldnt pay for a transfer.

These are facts at this point not rumours.

The rumours are about him leaving Madrid this summer or not because the conversation shifted to, will he stay or will he go? He made a conference because he wanted that to stop, which is nice.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 30, 2019 10:21 pm

This whole debacle started from the Ramos camp

He went to Perez, presented an offer hoping to get more money. Leaked it to the spanish press to force Perez' hands. In turn Perez goes public to confirm that Ramos has presented an offer and basically says he is welcome to leave if we can get what he's worth. Ramos knows he's been had and backtracks saying he'd play for free at RM

Yeah right, he overplayed his hands against a man who wouldn't even budge for Ronaldo, got put in his place and has come out to practically tell us he never considered leaving and nothing was about money bla bla bla

Perez made light work of him and his annoying brother. Just one interview and the whole thing was cleared up within matter of days. I suspect had Perez never come out to confirm the rumours were true Ramos camp would have been quiet and run with the rumours hoping to put pressure on Perez later in the window
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 30, 2019 10:27 pm

What in your opinion was the purpose of Ramos' visit to Perez' office with an offer? Ask for his opinion? He's just said he'd play for RM for free so we can eliminate the economical side of things if we are just going by facts. Or was he just doing the job of Flo's secretary by informing him of an offer that got forwarded to Ramos by accident and not Perez. Please Rolling Eyes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat May 15, 2021 8:01 am

So this may actually be his last season.

I honestly don't feel like the club is losing too much on the field.

He's been out so long this season. The players who have replaced him have done well. It really showed that there just may be life after Ramos.

What the club will lose though is a true leader in the squad. Someone who genuinely cares about his teammates and the club.

16 years at the Real Madrid. Amazing.

The memories he has given the fans. Unforgettable

His 93rd minute goal against Atletico Madrid made him a God.

Hopefully he gets to leave with that glory.

Always the captain for me.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 15, 2021 1:55 pm

I hope it’s not. I’ve always been a big fan of him. The negotiations are not that far off though. They are in agreement in salary, either same as this season or 10% reduction. The issue is one year or two.i don’t care who but I would like one of them to agree with the other. We have had too many captains leave and for once I would like one to retire from the club.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat May 15, 2021 9:59 pm

meh he's not young, its like you guys dont want these old guys to retire. i like ramos too but these guys cant play here till they turn 45.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun May 16, 2021 12:36 am

Real Madrid do not know how to say goodbye to legends.

They always mess it up. The club and the player.

The legends always stay too long and see themselves become hated.

Raul is the most recent example I saw. The vitriol from fans in his last days wasn't nice.

Marcelo is enduring this treatment at the moment. It's sad, but it's the nature of the Real Madrid. Always wanting the best.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 16, 2021 1:09 am

Saying goodbye is always going to be tough especially in a situation where one party involved doesnt wanna say goodbye and wants to stay on and start till they turn 40 even when there r younger stronger players out there. It's the nature of sports. One also has to consider the circumstances going on during these "goodbyes".

It's the circumstances that have dictated how theyve been done. But it's only when both parties are ready for it that you get the kind of goodbye you feel the player wants. And taking into account the circumstances, I think Real has done it's best to try and accommodate the situation
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3