FennecFox7
The Demon of Carthage
VanDeezNuts
Doc
sportsczy
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

We're a 5-10th place La Liga team this season - Page 4 Empty Re: We're a 5-10th place La Liga team this season

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:24 am

Just like I said, football problems solved on the pitch by football decisions. Zidane was very good at this even if he worked in a different context.

Instead of asking Ceballos to do something he can't do as a DM, we played Llorente as DM and the outcome of the midfield was much better. Not perfect but it makes a difference in terms of how we defend.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

We're a 5-10th place La Liga team this season - Page 4 Empty Re: We're a 5-10th place La Liga team this season

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:22 pm

Doc wrote:Speaking of Viera, seeing he has gotten Nice on the right track, from 15th to 6th I think. With little fanfare too.

Youcef Atal has been a big reason for that. The kid has world class talent and I mean that. Glad he left Algeria for French football. Dude scored a 60 yard solo goal on the international break.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:11 am

Doc wrote:Speaking of Viera, seeing he has gotten Nice on the right track, from 15th to 6th I think. With little fanfare too.
He did the right thing... he managed a club. Granted it was just MLS and youth team for a couple of years. But even at lower levels, you get quick doses of reality that make you adjust the way you think.

The guy is also a disciplinarian. Seems like all the defensive types of France 98 are semi-tyrants Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:18 am

I wouldn't call Zidane a semi-tyrant to be honest. He commands respect without even trying.

I don't really know about Viera, but Henry, Dechamps and Blanc don't strike me as managers who rule with an iron fist. Then again, you were only talking about defenders and to be fair to you, I stretched the radius a little bit to include midfielders and strikers Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:50 am

Blanc started his Ligue 1 career as a 10 (a long time too; he was a 10 until the age of 26) before becoming a CB (lol).  Had 137 club goals (dear god).  

But Sagnol, Deschamps, Vieira and Makelele, who were the defensive-types who became managers, are all known to be disciplinarians.  Blanc is really the only exception but he was unique.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4