FennecFox7
The Demon of Carthage
VanDeezNuts
Doc
sportsczy
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

We're a 5-10th place La Liga team this season - Page 3 Empty Re: We're a 5-10th place La Liga team this season

Post by guest7 Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:00 pm

Unpopular opinion but Benz is not the biggest "fault" here. Reasons are that he was never going to replace CR's goals. He was never that player. Blame is at Flo, for allowing Ronaldo to leave without a proper replacement but meanwhile he doesn't let Modric leave when the guy is dust at this moment.

He is actually having a decent season compared to his standards. Last season was a catastrophe but he has 10 goals in 19 apps so far. That's acceptable. Let's not pretend it's not.

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

We're a 5-10th place La Liga team this season - Page 3 Empty Re: We're a 5-10th place La Liga team this season

Post by chad4401 Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:15 pm

The funny thing is varane as also been awful all season and this guy is trying to gloss over him, while throwing Ramos under the bus at the same time lmao, but wanna tell me how to follow the club.

also the madrid media that control you lot like robots love how much they always keep bitching and nagging for these Spanish scrubs to play even though they are trash as hell, wonder if they gonna shit on Solari now too after they push him to play flopsensio the loser mentality kid, lmao this shit head and isco offer nothing to the team but to be puppies for them Spanish nobs to wank off too, can't believe a player like James, kova, ozil and di Maria aren't good enough to make to the team but the scrubs are getting showered in applause and praise for doing absolutely nothing, from wanna be know it all madrid fans and media, tell me more about courage these scrubs represent, tell me more about how dynamic and amazing they are,all you guys do is count dribbles and goals everything else is agenda crap.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Varane and Modric played the WC final...  they had no summer.  If you know football, players playing in WC semis/finals often have very slow starts.  That's especially true for defenders and midfielders because they have to defend (they can't pace themselves; they react).  They expend a lot more energy than strikers in a game.

Varane and Modric have no cover either. Varane has to compensate for everyone in the back 4 and Modric has to do the same in the midfield. Nobody is there to help them. So when they're off, their zones tend to look broken.

But whatever.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:I was also a massive Benz fan DoC... but he's not up to par for 3 seasons now.

I honestly don't blame him.  If Real Madrid pays you and asks you to start every game, what r u gonna do... say no?  And I honestly felt he was the perfect complement to CR.  BUT, when CR started to get old and couldn't sustain his pace for a full season, we needed more of a real CF.  Without CR, we need a killer CF.  He hasn't stepped up AT ALL.  That's disappointing.  But it's up to the club to have a backup plan AND to improve the squad.  Benzema will never bench himself (nor should he).

My real venom this season is for the club.  We lose CR and replace him with Mariano.  Our key signing was Courtois.  We took gambles with.... Benzema, Bale, Ceballos, Asensio, Ordiozola, Mariano, Reguilon, Llorente, Vallejo, etc. Not to mention Lope and now Solari.

When you look at it, we gambled with half the squad and the other half is over 30 lol AND our managers have neither top club managing experience nor football pedigree to speak of.

What a disaster.

I wouldn't change a word in your post. Totally agree with you. The club is the main culprit for Real Madrid's downfall.

I hate to see my favorite club suffer like this, but like I've said countless times already, I have no sympathy for rich clubs with low standards.

If you refuse to go after the best players in the market like the other elite clubs, sell your best player and flood the team with inexperienced, overrated nobodies, you deserve every ass whooping you get, and you shouldn't in any way act surprised or blame your manager when you develop a habit of getting roflstomped once every fortnight.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:30 pm

guest7 wrote:Unpopular opinion but Benz is not the biggest "fault" here. Reasons are that he was never going to replace CR's goals. He was never that player. Blame is at Flo, for allowing Ronaldo to leave without a proper replacement but meanwhile he doesn't let Modric leave when the guy is dust at this moment.

He is actually having a decent season compared to his standards. Last season was a catastrophe but he has 10 goals in 19 apps so far. That's acceptable. Let's not pretend it's not.

He's tied for 10th in La Liga scoring... that's where we're struggling. That's the issue.

The bigger problems are Bale and Asensio... not Benz. That I agree with you. Asking Benzema to score like Suarez was never realistic anyhow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Blaming Benzema is fun but he is not the main reason we are in this hot mess. The blame, the real blame falls squarely at Nick and Real Madrid, mostly Real Madrid. The planning as of today has been extremely stupid and as much as I could see the thought pattern and understand it to an extent, this season should have seen Madrid straight up sign replacement(s).

Especially to replace Ronaldo, omg, I still cannot believe they thought Bale and Benzema would all of sudden become consistent goalscorers.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:01 pm

lol nick doesn't have anything to do with building the squad for him to take any blame. its not like he had a say in who we should or should not sign. we've gone down this road for so long, what interesting opinions or approach do you think we should take with respect to next season?

and for petes sake dude relax, even benzema's wife isn't all over the internet being this defensive of him. okay we get it isco and asesnsio have been trash (funny enough many agree with that), and benzema's the best player we have ever had...we have multiple benzema threads already

my question, and this is probably more suited to the transfer thread, what kind of manager would you guys like? and are there any opinions on solari holding the reigns again next season?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:18 pm

I don't really care about the manager until we get the needed squad. Without a proper squad, not much a manager can do.

THAT SAID, we can't have a pushover that Ramos can run over. I cringe when i think that Ramos is the one running the team. That can't happen. We need a strong personality as a manager (in the sense that the manager has some kind of reputation that doesn't allow him to be overrun).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:49 pm

It's the same reason why I didn't lay the entire blame on Lopetegui and why I'm not calling for Solari's head.

Both of them aren't world class by any stretch, but as long as the squad they're forced to work with isn't good enough to win any major trophies, they shouldn't be held accountable for getting roflstomped every now and then.

I'm enjoying this to be honest. I mean, it pains me to see my favorite club being run as a midtable team, getting smashed every week and having no chance in hell of winning any major trophies in the near future. But I'm enjoying the fact that Florentino must be realizing how freaking idiot he has been in recent years and how easily he could've avoided all of this had he spent like an elite club should.

It serves him right. Let's hope he keeps on getting his ass handed to him by minnows until he finally pulls out his dusty cheque book.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:05 pm

Here is why you need a coach; apart from the likes of neymar and other super tough transfer targets, flo doesnt seem to know who to sign. A manager will not have say neymar for example as his transfer request. But a manager who has done his homework will have names he wants that flo may not be familiar with that may help the team.

This is different from recent years because this is a rebuilding issue. Florentino Perez isnt a coach nor sporting director. Getting 1 galactico isnt the solution. We had a galactico last year and still finished 17 points behind, lost the league by xmas

Flo can sign his galactico if need be, but a manager who has suggestions on who he wants to add or remove from the squad is necessary. A manager, not a stooge, not a figure head, not a "kiss the badge on opening day to emotionally win fans" type coach. But someone with valid suggestions

What we definitely dont want is a situation where someone comes in with the task of fitting square pegs in round holes.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:42 pm

titosantill wrote:

What we definitely dont want is a situation where someone comes in with the task of fitting square pegs in round holes.

Isn't this the type scenario our coaches often find themselves in, though? I can't think of another team were politics seems to be as deeply related to whether or not a player is a secured starter in their position. Ancelotti clearly wasn't the biggest admirer of Bale according to his autobiography, and that's understandable considering his injury woes and how he's drifted in and out of fitness since he came to this club. Yet, Bale was pretty much a guaranteed starter during his tenure, as well as throughout the majority of ZZ's stint as coach. I think there's a reasonable amount of evidence that would suggest our coaches typically don't have complete freedom in how they are allowed to manage the team. Mourinho probably fought a tough battle for his contract terms, and he was in a position to do so, considering his merit and how desired he was by the club at the time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:55 pm

A coach who wants a say in signings is a no no at this club. The only one who had that was Mourinho. Conte asked for that and they wouldn’t agree. A coach is allowed to give names, opinions etc, but whether or not he is listen to is highly debatable. Coach is there to work with what he is given and even at that, there are always certain pkayers that have to start.

Bottom line, Tito, what you keep asking for in a coach, just won’t happen under Perez.

And the answer to DoC’s next question, is no Perez isn’t going away until he himself decides to!

We’re back to the Gavasen days!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:38 am

Then its wash rinse repeat, until the club sheds the unnecessary bravado. It isnt like coaches are dying to come here. I doubt lope was flo's first or second choice. Any self respecting manager knows what's up
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:42 pm

You guys are still blaming the squad planning when we are losing on the pitch, winnable games against subpar teams and our key players are making mistakes. There is no universe where you have a team like ours, as a manager and you decide to scrub everything out just because, one year after your team completed a CL 3 peat.

We have been having coaching issues since last year under Zidane, which were masked by individual performances, and the change in coaching has not improved things.

I'll continue to argue we are having football issues and looking at the Eibar game is a clear example of that where Casemiro is out and our coach thinks it's clever to line up Ceballos to replace him.

Anyway...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:15 pm

Time to sack the coach, I say banana
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:18 pm

We have been having coaching issues since last year under Zidane, which were masked by individual performances, and the change in coaching has not improved things.

Still with this nonsense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:57 pm

If anything, this just proves how valuable Zidane was to our success
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:19 pm

He has a point though. we sucked in Liga, sucked in Copa and won by pure luck in CL.

we were better then that's for sure lol but we were nothing special to be honest....
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:31 pm

Nonsense is saying you have sources in the club, and blabbering your theories here left and right during the summer.

This team has been having struggles since 2015 but we have leveraged 100% of our talent since then. In football in my opinion you have two things, a team maximizing talents to reach success or a team maximizing tactics with lesser players to reach success. We have definitely been living in the former category.

As far as I'm concerned, again, when you lose games to teams like Eibar, there is no amount of planning that can justify it. And that's what we have been going through this season.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:03 pm

We have a coaching problem, we have a squad problem. They are just different sides of the same coin.

I don't even understand the argument if I'm honest.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:14 pm

guest7 wrote:If anything, this just proves how valuable Zidane was to our success

I think you and a few other people in the Madrid section have said that already, and no offense, but that changes absolutely nothing Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:39 pm

I played youth ball with Zidane nd his bench coach briefly looool.  In fact, his bench coach Bettoni not only played for Cannes, but also worked for the club in Cannes as a scout, youth team coach, manager, etc.  

There's only 70k people in the town.  EVERYONE knows each other in the tiny sports community.  As I mentioned, that's my source through common friends (I lost touch with David in the early 90s). Nothing direct but people love to talk about the town heros and some keep in touch.

I have common friends with Vieira and Micoud too if you want to know.  We were a pretty good player factory back in the day.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:I played youth ball with Zidane nd his bench coach briefly looool.  In fact, his bench coach Bettoni not only played for Cannes, but also worked for the club in Cannes as a scout, youth team coach, manager, etc.  

There's only 70k people in the town.  EVERYONE knows each other in the tiny sports community.  As I mentioned, that's my source through common friends (I lost touch with David in the early 90s). Nothing direct but people love to talk about the town heros and some keep in touch.

I have common friends with Vieira and Micoud too if you want to know.  We were a pretty good player factory back in the day.

Sleep
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:46 am

vanDEEZ wrote:We have a coaching problem, we have a squad problem. They are just different sides of the same coin.

I don't even understand the argument if I'm honest.

Exactly, Couldn't have said it better myself
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:06 am

Speaking of Viera, seeing he has gotten Nice on the right track, from 15th to 6th I think. With little fanfare too.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:24 am

Just like I said, football problems solved on the pitch by football decisions. Zidane was very good at this even if he worked in a different context.

Instead of asking Ceballos to do something he can't do as a DM, we played Llorente as DM and the outcome of the midfield was much better. Not perfect but it makes a difference in terms of how we defend.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next