6 posters

Go down

Valencia vs Real Madrid  Empty Valencia vs Real Madrid

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:22 am

Valencia vs Real Madrid  Horarios-valencia-vs-madrid-liga-santander-655x368
Referee: Javier Estrada Fernandez
04:30PM CET
Mestalla

I'll be honest here and tell you right away that I want us to lose today. Pretty strong, and disappointing words coming from a Madrid fan, but there's a legit reason behind this somehow traitorous statement. This club, especially under Florentino, had for a very long time the reputation of having extremely high and ruthless standards, zero tolerance for mediocrity and an quenchable thirst for silverware.

This is the club that fired their La-Décima-winning coach just one year after him delivering them the double. This is the same very club that fired their coach in midseason because he was only third in the league (4 points behind the leader) and qualified top of his CL group...but "unconvincingly". It's clear, or at least it was, that Madrid truly wants to win all the time. They may not succeed on some occasions, but we always got the feeling that they were at least trying their best by spending generously on world class talent and never settling for mediocrity.

But that changed when Zidane came to power. He delivered three major trophies in two years and that gave him a special place in Florentino's heart. As a consequence, Florentino became less ruthless and more understanding with him and granted him an unprecedented level of power that none of his predecessors beside Mourinho had. But it wouldn't be an overstatement to say that not only Zidane didn't know what to do with it, he also abused it fairly enough to drive away great bench talent and give a guaranteed starting spot to his countrymen, all while firmly refusing to make any signings to replace those he let go.

That policy resulted in him sitting at fourth place, 19 points behind Barcelona and getting knocked out from the CDR. Any other manager would have his head on a spike for this unprecedented level of suckage. But because it's the guy who delivered two back-to-back CLs, he's still in charge.

As a fan, you should never wish for your club to lose, no matter how bad the circumstances are. But I have the feeling that Zidane won't survive a Mestalla defeat. That would put him 22 points behind Barcelona, and I would like to think that even Florentino wouldn't be able to protect him for sinking that low. At least I hope so.

I have had enough of him, I have had enough of Benzema, I have had enough of his cheapness and I can no longer handle any more mediocrity. I want him gone.

Team News, Suspensions and Injuries:

Injuries:
1. Jesús Vallejo: Hamstring Injury, out until March.
2. Dani Ceballos: Sprained ankle, out until February.
3. Sergio Ramos: Strain, out until February.
4. Isco: Hip injury, out until February.

Suspensions
1. Dani Carvajal: Suspension through sports court; one match ban for the CL first-leg.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Navas, Casilla and Moha.
Defenders: Carvajal, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo and Theo.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Llorente, Asensio and Kovacic.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Lucas Vázquez and Mayoral.

Probable Lineup
: Navas; Carvajal, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Benzema, Bale, Ronaldo.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Valencia vs Real Madrid  Empty Re: Valencia vs Real Madrid

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:36 pm

As expected this is the official lineup:
Valencia vs Real Madrid  Dujxpo10

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:40 pm

doing the same thing and expecting different results....

it has been six months.. try something new.

sigh :facepalm:

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:03 pm

Gosh Benz is a freakimg disaster. Ronaldo hasn't been much better and Bale's form lasted 3 games before he continued his dissapearing act. The midfield has been very disciplined and Nacho has been superb
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:12 pm

So, now got up, how we looking? Seeing a 2-0 lead at HT which is hilarious considering how we are playing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:21 pm

not the best of games but at least we're leading, putting some pressure on valencia, its been pretty open. and that is a very unnecessary statement by demon, i get it, we are all frustrated, but hoping we lose, and ultimately lose out on a cl spot (can't believe i'm saying that) is tacky. this season is a case of charge it to the game, we enjoyed two brilliant years,(one and a half really) we can get mad, we can get angry and that's all justified. but hoping we lose is like poking out your eye to spite your ear. only people who'll gain any joy from that are barcelona and the likes

we are all mad, this bump was bound to happen, but at least we know for sure something is going to be done about it. let's watch the game and try (as hard as this may be) to enjoy it. damn, yeah its a major crisis, but you might as well just say you're going to chant barcelona on this season and cheer on pique and the likes if you're wishing we lose. i know i always say some losses are necessary to turn things around, but i do NOT wish those losses happen. btw i really hope we can score at least one more, if valencia gets one i sense panic will set in
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:09 pm

If this wasn't such a disaster season this result would've been great. Though despite the result we were defending like clowns at times in the second half
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:09 pm

An absolute shit season but I always, literally always enjoy seeing us beat Valencia.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Valencia have become like Atleti. All they do is run round butchering our players
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:12 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Valencia have become like Atleti. All they do is run round butchering our players

And diving. Santi Mina was just diving all over the place. Gaya too
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:50 pm

That’s so rich! Pointing out their diving and ignoring ours! That second penalty was one of worst ref decisions this season. For the first time in my life, I can actally understand some of Harmonica’s logic!

I felt we were outplayed most of game. Only time we looked better was in last 10 minutes.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:01 pm

You mean the push in the back on Benzema? Also, diving and Benzema have never been an association so I assume this is Old man Futbol's Barca centric nephew using his account.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down