Lucifer
Valkyrja
Warrior
S
58 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Who will progress ?

UCL R16 : Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint-Germain  - Page 4 Vote_lcap44%UCL R16 : Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint-Germain  - Page 4 Voting_bar 44% 
[ 12 ]
UCL R16 : Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint-Germain  - Page 4 Vote_lcap56%UCL R16 : Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint-Germain  - Page 4 Voting_bar 56% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 27

UCL R16 : Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint-Germain  - Page 4 Empty Re: UCL R16 : Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint-Germain

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:16 pm

The league that can buy the best players and the best managers is going to be the best...  it's not all that complicated a formula.  Right now, the EPL has more teams than any other league with elite purchasing power.  When Spain NT was dominant, most of the top spanish players preferred to stay in Spain so that balanced the spending imbalance a bit...  but that competitive advantage is eroding even moreso when you consider youth development advantage is waning too.  

Barca and Real will always be among the elite... however, it's the depth of the league that's going to suffer.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

UCL R16 : Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint-Germain  - Page 4 Empty Re: UCL R16 : Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint-Germain

Post by S Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Only 2 semi-finalists from EPL in the last five seasons

Let's see if their teams can make the latter rounds consistently before talking about them dominating Europe
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:The league that can buy the best players and the best managers is going to be the best...  it's not all that complicated a formula.  Right now, the EPL has more teams than any other league with elite purchasing power.  When Spain NT was dominant, most of the top spanish players preferred to stay in Spain so that balanced the spending imbalance a bit...  but that competitive advantage is eroding even moreso when you consider youth development advantage is waning too.  

Barca and Real will always be among the elite... however, it's the depth of the league that's going to suffer.

I don't think you are talking crazy either. I remember Florentino did a interview and basically said the same thing.

It makes sense that an English league becomes the premier league for everyone. Although South American players usually have more talent, and the language barrier makes Spain more attractive, but I think they are teaching English in schools everywhere nowadays.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:54 pm

I voted for PSG to go through. At the moment my prediction for first leg is 2-2, PSG will win by two goals at home (3-1 I think). I will update my pick if some injury happens before first leg.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Ok, has someone hijacked my user name and is responding to polls on my behalf? I don't get the option to respond to polls anymore!

Still going with Madrid on this one.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:07 pm

I will NEVER forgive PSG if they don't put Madrid to the sword in this tie
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:46 pm

PSG haven't been properly tested really. Depends on the spirit of Madrid players. If they go into this with their heads down, they'll lose. But from experience I'm expecting RM to be a different, more fierce animal in the CL.

In short, I have no idea how this will go.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:47 pm

^^Madrid are quite clutch though in the CL, so I won't be surprised if they overcome PSG.

Paris need to play a wise game at the Bernabeu and then go at them in Paris.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 pm

PSG have no chance. I'm not meaning this as some sort of jinx attempt. PSG are not good enough to beat a big team on the big stage. Putting a circus clown on the left wing doesn't change that.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:28 pm

futbol wrote:PSG have no chance. I'm not meaning this as some sort of jinx attempt. PSG are not good enough to beat a big team on the big stage. Putting a circus clown on the left wing doesn't change that.

Basically this.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Respectfully Disagree with both Luci and futbol and here's why:

The history argument is invalid as it has been debunked time and time again. Your form in the CL in the past seasons doesn't mean anything because the past is the past and the present is a whole new beast.

Case in point, take Bayern for instance. For more than a decade, they were called "la Bestia Negra del Real Madrid" because they had a better head-to-head record. But that whole theory crumbled to the ground when they met Madrid three times in the CL in the past 4 seasons, and in the three times, they got brutally smashed beyond recognition...and then people stopped called them that.

Same goes for the "experience" argument by the way. I have been hearing a lot lately about "this or that team" having more experience in the CL, and thus, they have a better chance of going through than their less-experienced opponent. That theory couldn't be farther from the truth and there's no better example than Dortmund to further illustrate my point here. Remember when they qualified for the CL after winning the league in 2011? They got immediately eliminated from the CL the year after with a series of horrendous performances in the group stage. But then they came back a year later and reached the CL final. They didn't need any "experience" to do that. Same goes for Lyon when they knocked out the then European champion Madrid and there are many other examples for this.

What am I trying to say here? Your past record as well as your past form and experience in a particular competition don't mean anything in the "now".

It doesn't matter if Madrid is the king of kings or the most seasoned club in the competition, if PSG plays to their strength, they'll tear us to pieces.

And let's not kid ourselves here, PSG are in an exponentially better form than Madrid. And if Spurs could outplay us, I don't see any reason why PSG shouldn't be able to do the same if not better.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Ah DoC. You are being sucked in by my Junior!! He will do anything to troll Madrid. It's like you told me earlier this week re the Zidane disappointed in Isco. Check out the source before getting involved with a BS story.

In this case my Junior has a history of trolling Madrid (and also Neymar). So put the two together and it's him suggesting PSG isn't as good as they appear, meanwhile trying to suck us in thinking we may have a chance!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:40 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Ah DoC. You are being sucked in by my Junior!! He will do anything to troll Madrid. It's like you told me earlier this week re the Zidane disappointed in Isco. Check out the source before getting involved with a BS story.

In this case my Junior has a history of trolling Madrid (and also Neymar). So put the two together and it's him suggesting PSG isn't as good as they appear, meanwhile trying to suck us in thinking we may have a chance!!!

Thanks for the heads up. Now, let's drink until our likely elimination from the CL becomes a joyous occasion drinking
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Bump

Cristiano has picked some form just at the right time. This should be very interesting now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Cristiano will score between 3 and 5 goals in those games IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Form or no form.
It was always going to be interesting.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:29 pm

Wonder if Zidane will stick with the 4-4-2 where casemiro is benched or will he go back to BBC 4-3-3

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:43 pm

@RG, he's screwed no matter what. He needs Casemiro on to help defense not be completely overwelmed with PSG offense and if he does go to 4-3-3, he essentailly has 3 guys not contributing to defense!

Keep in mind this revised return to form , twice now has been against the bottom half of la liga!!!

These next couple weeks are the last of Zidane!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Casemiro doesn't help with defense this season. Any counter attack that takes place, Casemiro is nowhere near the action. You'll quicker see Modric or even Isco (if he starts) sprinting back than Casemiro. No idea what cancer instructions Zidane is giving him but it's pretty crappy at the moment.

Also, 4-4-3. Pretty certain it's gonna be a 4-4-3.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:34 pm

I don’t know about thta Doc. He’ll probably play Kovacic man marking Neymar and have Casemiro trying to handle The French kid!!!

I think their front three is just too much for this team, particularly as it will only be 8 or 9 contributing to defense. Meanwhile the French dud and Ronaldo wait upfront for balls that never get there..

It doesn’t look pretty!

Our only hope is that they can hold up reasonably well at home before the slaughter in Paris.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:03 pm

Yeah, don't think it's gonna be pretty myself. Speaking of not being pretty, "nice" whistles at the end of the match there Bill. You guys really and truly dislike Benzema now.

Spoiler:
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Neymar's gonna run this show. I can't wait to witness this whooping.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Doc wrote:Yeah, don't think it's gonna be pretty myself. Speaking of not being pretty, "nice" whistles at the end of the match there Bill. You guys really and truly dislike Benzema now.

Spoiler:

I’ve been booing that dud for years. I never was on board with the hype for him. What amazes me is Zidane sticking with him no matter what. It almost seems like be wants to get out!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Regardless I will enjoy another episode of Carvajal's struggles against his nemesis Neymar.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Carvajal is suspended.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:44 pm

Harakiri like Hakimi it is then.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next