Doc
The Demon of Carthage
halamadrid2
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Post by Perucho21 Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 0:01

Happy we advanced but really... those 2 goals from Ronaldo in ET were offside. Still deserved the win however

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 0:10

Here's the reason that Barca and Madrid get calls... they create a ton of opportunities.  Sooner or later, refs are going to get it wrong.  More importantly, in big moments, refs don't want to be wrong in disallowing a play... they err to the side of letting it go if they are hesitant in those situations.  Human nature.

Hence the reason video is important.  Take the human error factor out of the game in critical situations.

Granted, these were mistakes. Barca get phantom calls... never forget the Suarez penalty and Neymar FK late in the game against PSG. That was blasphemous.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 0:14

Difference is we don't actively try to con the referee like those bastards
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 0:23

i don't care about the calls. we got the W. we played confidently on offense. and cristiano's awareness is amazing, marcelo brilliant on offense, though robben beat him a few times......good subs from zidane
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 9:39

Now that we have gotten the red out of our system I want to say that I am super proud of Nacho. Didn't give Lewandowski an inch all game. Defended crosses really well and on point during corners. Now do that against the biter por favor which is obviously going to be alot harder to do given Suarez drive and never say die attitude.

If I had to rate our players:

Keylor 7- Had nothing to do all game. I am trying to think of a save he made that had me thinking Keylord. But he was always on his toes, being a sweeper when he needed to and smothering balls that we couldn't clear. Bloody unlucky on that 2nd goal, I want to blame someone for it but realise I'll probably be abit harsh if I did that

Carvajal 9.5- What a monstrous game from our canterano. The only criticism he'd get from me is where the heck was he for the penalty. If he was in his position and Nacho in his we don't concede that stupid penalty and we go through without shedding a sweat. Bayern more or less gave up before that. That penalty gave them life

Nacho 9.5-Didnt put a foot wrong all game. Bloody proud of him. He gas come a long way. He knows how to deal with strikers who play with their backs to goal. In hindsight he was perfect for this game. Had to cover for Carvajal for thatpenalty. If Nacho is the one defending against Robben that goes for a corner at most

Ramos 9.0- Like Nacho didn't put a foot wrong all game, was starting attacks from the back helping out our midfielders in possession. Nudged that ball into our own net. A wholly unlucky goal brought on us by that stupid penalty. Lost Vidal on one occasion but he could only volly over thankfully

Marcelo 10- Bah gawd what a game from our little maestro. Goal line clearance, last ditch block to save us from conceding a goal. All our best chances came through him. He ran their defence ragged. Also held his own at the back, something you don't get to say alot these days

Modric 8.5- Attacking wise Modric did really well, going out on the right when needed, playing crossfield balls when needed etc. But defensively he just doesn't have the legs anymore. He isn't any better at it than Kova or Isco nowadays imo. He benefitted greatly from having Casemiro behind him

Kroos 9- Great game from him. He ran that midfield, did really well to protect Marcelo but seemingly got tired at the end with the sub coming at just the right time

Casemiro 6.5- If you want to rate his defending then it was top notch as usual but boy, he was running left and right fouling players even after getting that yellow. Gave sway a needless penalty when all he needed to do was run with Robben. What the best Robben could do? He doesn't have a right foot. That penalty kickstarted Bayern's belief and desire and then we started defending like hapless chicken. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde performance from him

Isco Disco 8- We owe that half dominance to starting him. He ruined their midfielders. He forced Alonso and Vidal into making countless of fouls. Twisting, turning, twisting, turning and bam an over the top ball to release our fullbacks/attackers behind their defence. Got tired in the 2nd half, the sub was the right choice. Bayern didn't even bother attacking through the center and it was preferable to have out and out wingers to help at the back. Hopefully he makes Busquets and Gomes dizzy on Sunday. He is such a good player. Sign that contract ffs

Ronaldo 10- The only attacker in our SQUAD that's super reliable. Was selfish with that 2v1 in the first half but as soon as you thought the game was running away from us after their 1st goal, he puts a dent in their hopes by getting the equiliser. Too bad the defence gifted them a goal just 5 mins later. We are really going to need to spend big to replace him, he is scoring them goals now but he is bloody 32. When he leaves who will we rely on? Ramos?????. We should switch formation and make him a lone striker and take away his defensive duties. We are better off having another midfielder

Benzema 7.5- Is shit at his main job but was running harassing their defenders all game. Hummels who is supposedly one of the best CBs on the ball couldn't make a correct pass to save his life. But it's such a shame that it has come down to this where we have resorted to praising him for running even if he is no threat to teams in an attacking sense. We need to upgrade this position in the summer. It's not hate just the truth, we need a striker we can rely on to score our goals. If that guy is Mbappe then so be it. We need our striker to be a threat, not one who is timid and relies on another player to do his job

Subs:

Lucas 7.0- Came on provided defensive solidity but when he had a chance to score he completely flopped. Nice cameo considering we were on the ropes before he came on

Asensio 7.5- Like Lucas came on and provided support against Robben. Unlike Lucas when he had a chance to score he took it with both hands

ZZ 9.9- Our first half tactic was spot on. 10/10. Then got let down by Casemiro. Made the right subs at the right time. When he saw us struggle he put on wingers to counter that which proved to be the right decision. The only criticism from me is the fact he never made the Casemiro sub who was a walking red card waiting to happen. We are extremely lucky he didn't red card his ass. This only highlights how mich we neef Llorente to come bavk. We needed a DM so ZZ had to trust Casemiro to use his head. If Llorente is with us 100% he makes that sub. Still Casemiro in potential SF>>>>>having him in the 2nd half imo

Anyways let's hope Floro does his job and gives us Monaco/Dortmund
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 9:45

@Hala

Think Isco is staying. That's what he said last night at least. He said that he was planning on staying to Danish tv. Really hope he does. He's reached a new level in 2017.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 10:22

I appreciate that we advance but I do not appreciate the awful refereeing which overshadowed the tie.

I trust in the near future we can get video tech so that human error won't mar the result.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 11:36

halamadrid2 wrote: Ronaldo 10- The only attacker in our SQUAD that's super reliable. Was selfish with that 2v1 in the first half but as soon as you thought the game was running away from us after their 1st goal, he puts a dent in their hopes by getting the equiliser. Too bad the defence gifted them a goal just 5 mins later. We are really going to need to spend big to replace him, he is scoring them goals now but he is bloody 32. When he leaves who will we rely on? Ramos?????. We should switch formation and make him a lone striker and take away his defensive duties. We are better off having another midfielder

Benzema 7.5- Is shit at his main job but was running harassing their defenders all game. Hummels who is supposedly one of the best CBs on the ball couldn't make a correct pass to save his life. But it's such a shame that it has come down to this where we have resorted to praising him for running even if he is no threat to teams in an attacking sense. We need to upgrade this position in the summer. It's not hate just the truth, we need a striker we can rely on to score our goals. If that guy is Mbappe then so be it. We need our striker to be a threat, not one who is timid and relies on another player to do his job

On the one hand, you praise CR for scoring goals, which he generally does to the detriment of the actual role of a winger, but then criticise Benz for filling the gap that CR leaves on the wing.

Because we have a wing that believes he's a striker, we have to have a striker that plays more of a supporting role. Any striker who comes in under these circumstances is going to have to slot into the same role, unless CR does his own job, or makes a decision to convert to a CF so that an actual winger can take his place and create/support the attack.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:37

Thank God Ronaldo does the striker role. Imagine having to rely on Benz for goals. That's like Bayern relying on Muller for goals.

We absolutely must either uppgrade that position or convert Ronaldo to CF full-time
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 15:20

Wow, looks like this forum exploded yesterday! I stayed out near Bernabeu after game celebrating and didn't see the hate jeolous / envy until today.

My two cents are take away the controversies, Ronaldo and Ramos (own) goals (that last Ronaldo goal was legit) and we still win easily. It's about time futbol organizations have gotten to twentieth century and adopted video replays.

If we look at the two games, Bayern did have the better of play in 1st half of first game, but next to none legit chances of scoring. 2nd half was all us, lucky for Bayern we didn't score 3 or 4. And how can anyone argue with the two yellows J. Martinez got?  In this game, the first half was about as even as it gets. 2nd half there were moments when Bayern was gaining ground, but again with little chances of scoring and then we took over (again). And again, none should argue with Vidal's yellows. Did you see his cleats? And yeah maybe Casemiro was lucky, but it's not like the ref didn't miss other calls. I think we can all agree the referee was awful. Shame really when after game discussions in big games is all about ref calls rather than the game itself.

So again what has the poor reffing got to do with our advancing to semis for 7th year in a row.

Sunday will be another big test, but for now it's a time of celebration!!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 16:44; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 16:35

How about that standing ovation for doing literally nothing all game? Talk about cringe worthy Laughing.

If isco wasn't spanish I know he would've been sold off ages ago, bernabeaue and the spanish media are so bias, that they continue to shower this guy with praise, even though he hasn't progress since he came to the club, classic example force feeding an agenda, everybody was sold on the flop before he kicked a ball and now refuse to call him a scrub that he really is, I bet money isco fails at the next club he goes too.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 17:27

halamadrid2 wrote:Thank God Ronaldo does the striker role. Imagine having to rely on Benz for goals. That's like Bayern relying on Muller for goals.

We absolutely must either uppgrade that position or convert Ronaldo to CF full-time

Bayern were winning CLs when Mueller was scoring goals btw.

Like Benz, Mueller has been marginalized into a support player since the coming of Lewa. You can't just suddenly ask him to magically score goals when he's a secondary scorer 90% of the time. It's not FIFA. It's not a light switch.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 17:45

@Hala
Re: Nacho, I personally had little confidence in him coming into this match with a world class forward in Lewa going up against him. Assumed Lewa would have target him in any duels and I was correct. What I wasn't correct is Nacho really did well in that aspect (and in general). Tip my hat to the guy, he really showed up yesterday.

Re: Benzema. Much ado about nothing really. He performed well enough and is very much a support player these days as Ronaldo is definitely the focal point of the team. His La Liga form is absolute ass but I would gladly say he shows up in the UCL (for whatever reason). Sure, the team really needs to address the forward situation as would eventually become a real issue but as for now, we can live with Benzema.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 0:35

There was a time when it was only Benz of the BBC who was scoring any goals whilst the other two were either out cold or out of form earlier this season. I do not appreciate the lack of respect.

Also, roles seem to be a subject very foreign for some of ye. Benz is not focal point, being a CF does not mean he is focal point. CR7 is focal point of attack and overrides the CF role. It has been this way for years and will remain so regardless of who is the CF so as long as CR7 is with us. I don't understand the whining over something that is so basic and easily understood.

In any case, the toughest opponent in CL is dealt with. The rest are small time or pretenders. Very confident of Real madrid being the first to retain CL. History dictates it us who shall retain first. History shall repeat under Zidane.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 8:26

Focal point bla bla... Then you find out Morata has 11 goals and Isco a Midfielder has scored equal amount.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 12:40

halamadrid2 wrote:Thank God Ronaldo does the striker role. Imagine having to rely on Benz for goals. That's like Bayern relying on Muller for goals.

or you sign someone that can do both aka play the wing and CF like Sanchez but that will never happen.

Thank God for wherever Mbappe is coming from. He is exactly that, a CF and a winger with enough pace power and technique to scare defenders, plus he is showing some deadly finishing right now.

There are 5-6 players we could sign for this team in offense but so rarely do you find a player that fits into the issues of your team and yet projects so well for the future. This guy awakening when we are about to turn a corner with CR and Benz might be a blessing too hard to pass
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:40

I'll be surprised and disappointed if the club hasn't already made contact with Monaco over him to be honest.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 20:40

We should go for both Mbappe and Falcao... but that's too much maybe.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 20:59

Why Falcao? He doesn't fit in with someone like CR
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 21:29

i mean sell CR and bring in both Mbappe and Falcao.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 21:29

Bale-Falcao-Mbappe would be godly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 22:14

Ah lol no please CR switching between 9 and wing is fine as long as there is someone next to him that can move as well. And even when he is playing as a 9 in knockout games he is showing a lot more than most players. He is just too dangerous in front of goal despite his dip.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 22:42

The issue that CR doesn't move for his teammates... for example, when Mbappe drops off Falcao cuts in. But when Mbappe is running into the box, Falcao vacates to take defenders with him.

A bunch of other intricacies that Ronaldo never ever does either.

Goals are great. But there's a reason every single striker that plays next to Ronaldo struggles. Bale only does well when Ronaldo isn't there. Same for Benz.

Mbappe is going to have the same problem and people are going to say he's a bad player as opposed to watching the action around him.

That's why I have always disliked CR.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 6:44

Last edited by Vapotrini on Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 7:04; edited 1 time in total

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 6:53

Neither had the injury that took Benz out early in the season adit. But forget that, you're missing the point.

It is as sports says. You will not see CR7 hassle the defenders as Benz did against Bayern. And you won't see a lot of the stuff falcao does that allows m'bappe to flourish from CR7 either. CR7 likes to have the ball and doesn't want to put in the work the CF does. It's why he has not and will never fully convert to being a proper CF.

M'bappe will be made a support player like Benz and would probably adapt to play similar to Benz if he were to come here now. Do not forget we have the BBC. Even if we have both Benz and cr7 sold we still got bale who aspires to be cr7 2.0.

Not necessarily a bad thing but you guys have unrealistic expectations and demands. We're a unique team in that politics and egos > conventional tactics and roles. Zidane does his best but don't expect m'bappe to be a beater like he is in Monaco. He doesn't​ have CR7 or Bale occupying the same space he runs into at Monaco. He has falcao who has far more team ethic than both CR7 and bale. This ain't rocket science. There's only one ball and there can only be one focal point. The CF spot in Real Madrid will never be the focal point so as long as CR7 and bale are here or until both have fully converted to CFs.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2