Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by S Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:BTW Surag i think Jim Ross has been reading your posts.

Said on his recent podcast he thinks they should turn Cena heel for feud with Taker lol.

I doubt it happens but we live in hope lol.

Yep. I saw it as well.

Sucks that they are promoting Taker's Mania match as his retirement match or that's what I've been reading so Cena will likely stick to his Hustle Loyalty gimmick.
Imagine Cena cheating against Taker to win in a potential championship match and also retiring him in the process rofl
It would totally eclipse any other previous Mania moments.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by M99 Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:19 pm

Smackdown's thin roster is hurting them. Orton's (hopefully fake) heel turn leaves Ziggler and Ambrose as the only legit faces in the roster and those two just swapped spots after TLC. Orton needs to be face again soon because of Smackdown direly needing faces and so that we can have an Orton/AJ feud.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:33 pm

With Shane and Triple H, I think there is huge potential in having explosive segments/storyline if done right. I really hope they go the extra gear with this feud with both laying down pipebombs on each other. It does seem like Shane isn't too fond of Triple H either way.

I mean just listen to this

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:41 pm

M99 wrote:Smackdown's thin roster is hurting them. Orton's (hopefully fake) heel turn leaves Ziggler and Ambrose as the only legit faces in the roster and those two just swapped spots after TLC. Orton needs to be face again soon because of Smackdown direly needing faces and so that we can have an Orton/AJ feud.

Long term it is i agree but is it really hurting TV right now?

Wyatt's have been the best thing about it all lol, Miz and Ziggler feud was amazing and now it seems at least for the next two weeks we get an AJ and Ziggler feud until Cena comes back and Ambrose seems to moving on to Miz which should be amazing promo wise.

I think if they don't add people or push those underneath like Corbin and Harper it will become a problem but right now it's not effecting the product IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:16 pm

I have no interest in Ziggler vs Styles nor am I thirlled that Ambrose is going after the IC title. SD's not as exciting as it was since the draft (except for the 1st ep) to TLC.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Atm the best thing about smackdown is definitely Orton and Bray.

Ellsworth kinda messed up the interest in AJ and Dean IMO.

Couldn't care less about Ziggler so it will be hard to see that feud being interesting. AJ will and should squash him like a bug.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:25 pm

I for one can't wait to see Cena interact with Ellsworth Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:59 pm

AJ doesn't squash anyone lol, he makes them look as good as humanly possible and win anyway.

The match will be great as it was last time, I understand the build up won't interest anyone but there's only one SmackDown in-between the two anyway so who cares.

There's a reason Ziggler was chosen, it's because no one will care when he loses and then they'll build towards AJ and Cena as he comes back the same night.

It's a transition feud and that's all it is, also I'm not as annoyed about Ambrose and Miz as you are. Miz deserves a legitimate guy to feud with and where else does Ambrose go?

Also there's been two weeks since TLC, and they have like another 5 weeks till the next PPV. It's not surprising the build is a bit stop start really but I don't feel like the lack of talent depth is hurting it yet.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:58 am

Why does Charlotte lose after every PPV lol?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:07 am

Reigns Vs Owens again at the Rumble.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:09 am

rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:42 am

RealGunner wrote:Why does Charlotte lose after every PPV lol?

They have this thing going on that she always wins when it matters lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:57 am

Ziggler was chosen because they had no-one. Cena is away, Orton turned heel. Ambrose had a long feud for the title & now will feud with Miz. So who could they chose? They needed a face vs a heel Styles? Apollo Crews? Kalisto?

I love Ziggler, great in-ring worker, would have a great match with style but he lost to the Miz & for the last 1 year odd has no credibility losing from everyone from Miz to Corbin to Ambrose easily.

If they had a Nakamura they could have done a high profile fresh feud in Nakamura vs Styles.

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:04 pm

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:23 pm

footyfan01 wrote:Ziggler was chosen because they had no-one. Cena is away, Orton turned heel. Ambrose had a long feud for the title & now will feud with Miz. So who could they chose? They needed a face vs a heel Styles? Apollo Crews? Kalisto?

I love Ziggler, great in-ring worker, would have a great match with style but he lost to the Miz & for the last 1 year odd has no credibility losing from everyone from Miz to Corbin to Ambrose easily.

If they had a Nakamura they could have done a high profile fresh feud in Nakamura vs Styles.

Here's the thing though, why does it have to be heel vs face? it's a one off match and not some lengthy feud.

There's a reason why it's been announced for an episode of Smackdown and not a PPV, it's because the PPV feud will be with Cena or Undertaker. They are just doing this as something to build towards in between now and the Rumble build, it's not going to be some lengthy build which requires heel vs face and tbh i personally don't think that matters anyway.

The real reason it's Ziggler, is because they don't want to give Miz or Harper a loss. Miz because he's IC champ and they want him to look strong and Harper because after that Fatal Four Way performance there's no way in hell they want him to look weak 2 weeks later.

I personally wouldn't mind Harper even in a loss but they obviously don't agree and Nakamura even if he were to come up would be something much bigger than an episode of Smackdown.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
footyfan01 wrote:Ziggler was chosen because they had no-one. Cena is away, Orton turned heel. Ambrose had a long feud for the title & now will feud with Miz. So who could they chose? They needed a face vs a heel Styles? Apollo Crews? Kalisto?

Here's the thing though, why does it have to be heel vs face? it's a one off match and not some lengthy feud.

There's a reason why it's been announced for an episode of Smackdown and not a PPV, it's because the PPV feud will be with Cena or Undertaker. They are just doing this as something to build towards in between now and the Rumble build, it's not going to be some lengthy build which requires heel vs face and tbh i personally don't think that matters anyway.

The real reason it's Ziggler, is because they don't want to give Miz or Harper a loss. Miz because he's IC champ and they want him to look strong and Harper because after that Fatal Four Way performance there's no way in hell they want him to look weak 2 weeks later.

I personally wouldn't mind Harper even in a loss but they obviously don't agree and Nakamura even if he were to come up would be something much bigger than an episode of Smackdown.

Because this is WWE. It has nothing to do with Miz & Harper, they are heels they can take the loss. Even losing would significantly elevate them by being in a top feud with AJ Styles for the title. Miz would even retain.

When was the last time we had a Heel vs Heel World Championship match? I can't remember. They sometimes (though rarely) can do a Face vs Face if both are reasonably over but a Heel vs Heel is unheard of almost.

As for Ziggler, him being in any feud with 2 weeks build up or getting a World Title shot significantly pulls the title out. Ziggler is a jobber now, you can't have Ryder feuding.

He jobbed to Corbin for months, then he was supposed to make a huge comeback, talked tough & lost to Ambrose for the title easily. Then he was Miz' bitch for months & lost the IC title. Now he is supposed to be a contender for the title?

If AJ Styles was a face, they would 100% be doing Styles vs Harper!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:03 am

God damn this crowd is loud.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:07 am

rofl

That squash.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:04 am

Fantastic Smackdown, one of the best all year really.

Also next week should be great too.... Alexa vs Becky for the Womens title, Fatal Four Elimination tag team match for the tag team titles, Triple Threat match for WWE title ( Styles, Corbin, Ziggler) and the return of Molenation

Can't wait.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:07 am

Corbin and Ziggler going from facing each other on pre shows to a world title match. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:13 am

Onyx wrote:Corbin and Ziggler going from facing each other on pre shows to a world title match. hmm

I know it sounds bad lol, but it shows what good booking and writing does as both of them looked good tonight. ( not that it matters as both of them will be moved on for Cena in the weeks that follow lol)

Hell the Wyatt Family are being booked properly for the first time in forever.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:18 am

My god what a savage promo from Natalya rofl

Just watched the YT clips. All the segments were cool.

Regarding Corbin, the guy's so blank in his face. I don't know imo, I find his promos pretty cringe worthy.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:23 am

Yeah there wasn't a bad segment all night except maybe the Mojo Rawley and Curt Hawkins 2 minute filler one.

But it was so short it didn't matter, the rest was great.

Agree on Corbin's promos but i think he will get better, he's not been doing this very long and i'm sure he'll improve as he's been consistently getting better at everything else in a short space of time.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:29 am

I was surprised to see Renee in the ring today. Is she planning to wrestle or something? Because the first thing that came to my mind after seeing that segment with Miz was a potential mixed tag team match lol.

Or perhaps not. Wonder if we could see Renee being in Dean's corner accompanying him in relation to this particular storyline that is.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:34 am

She interviews people in the ring sometimes, not often but it does happen from time to time.

BTW i just seen this....

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5jhm07/per_mike_johnson_pwinsider_elite_aj_styles_vs/

If turns out true i may pass out in excitement, if it doesn't turn out to be true then i'm gonna choke a bitch for getting my hopes up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:41 am

Yeah but she's now indirectly related to this Dean-Miz feud though and now that she slapped Miz maybe we could see more of her than just being an interviewer. I think she's legit involved in this storyline now.

And an AJ-Joe match without the championship imo is a waste.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next