rincon
Kaladin
M99
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2016 Golden Boy - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Golden Boy

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:48 pm

I don't fanboy anybody tbh, speaking with facts tbh.

2016 Golden Boy - Page 2 49767069

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:49 pm

without looking at the numbers, just off the top of my head, I know Nacho did score a lot last season when he subbed on in the last 20 mins when the games were already dead, but I swear a bunch of his goals have come when he was starting due to injuries? will have to double check.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:52 pm

The issue I have with this award is that half the names have barely even played a full season with their club. Carlos Fernandez for example hasn't even reached double figures in appearances for Sevilla, Alex Iwobi hasn't had a full season, and neither has Rashford. Loftus-Cheek barely even played, Dembele wasn't all that great for Fulham but is tearing up Scotland this season.

Donnurumma is the obvious candidate, playing a whole season as Milan's no. 1 at 17 and looking impressive. Then there's Dele Alli and Kingsley Coman. Should be one of those three imo.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:57 pm

can't really argue with that tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:47 am

Rashford: 1890 minutes, 10 goals, 2 assists, a goal every 189 minutes, a goal or assist every 158 minutes

Iheanacho: 1471 minutes, 17 goals, 8 assists, a goal every 87 minutes, a goal or assist every 59 minutes

This is as off 9/18, Can't be bothered to add current numbers.

Mole is right though, Let's not have facts get in the way. 400+ less mins (4.4 games worth) while have 11 G/A more rofl

nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:50 am

Nathan on that list is idiotic, he barely cuts it at Vitesse.

Musonda should be there instead of Nathan Laughing

Anyway, Rashford will win it, even though I don't think he is overly deserving of it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:42 am

Jay29 wrote:The issue I have with this award is that half the names have barely even played a full season with their club. Carlos Fernandez for example hasn't even reached double figures in appearances for Sevilla, Alex Iwobi hasn't had a full season, and neither has Rashford. Loftus-Cheek barely even played, Dembele wasn't all that great for Fulham but is tearing up Scotland this season.

Donnurumma is the obvious candidate, playing a whole season as Milan's no. 1 at 17 and looking impressive. Then there's Dele Alli and Kingsley Coman. Should be one of those three imo.  

This.
Rash, Iheanacho etc shouldnt even be in contention. Its easy for young players to impress during a short span of time. But its extremely hard to maintain that for a longer period. And the players mentioned, Alli, Donna and Coman they should be the front runners to bag this.
If its a popularity award yea the front runners would be Rashford and Sanches.

Personally I dont want Rashford to win this micky mouse award. Dont want unnecessary distractions like this hampering his mentality right now.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:17 am

Say what you want, but LVG deserves full credit for Rashford's upbringing, could go down as the man who launched the career of an all time great
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:00 pm

ES wrote:Say what you want, but LVG deserves full credit for Rashford's upbringing, could go down as the man who launched the career of an all time great

Nobody denies LVG is great at bringing through youth tbh, it's the other stuff he gets criticized for and rightly so IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:30 pm

Searched Liverpool for f of it and found Grujic there lmfaooooooooooo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:14 pm

Dahoud. Impressive player at his age.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
ES wrote:Does Iheanacho have a better chance than Rashford ?

He should do, he's achieved far more than he has anyway. In fact if we are talking about accomplishment Iheanacho has quite a good case to win this.

How has Iheanacho achieved more than Rashford though? Especially over the time span of the award period. Not that Iheanacho would be a bad choice, or that he's been bad, but he played for a much better team and the sub thing is a bit misleading...generally coming on as a fresh attacker against tired legs and defences might even be considered an advantage. I despise United, but I can say that Rashford will be up there with Asensio, Dembele and Donnarumma for me, he really had an exceptional season.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Can someone explain to me exactly why Rashford should get it over Dele Alli? If we're talking about the English boys. I don't know who Donnurumma is and I agree with Jay that Coman is up there too

Dele Alli became a starter for club and country and I think was double digits in goals and assists for a Tottenham team that finished third and challenged Leicester for the title longer than anyone else Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:11 pm

CBarca wrote:Can someone explain to me exactly why Rashford should get it over Dele Alli? If we're talking about the English boys. I don't know who Donnurumma is and I agree with Jay that Coman is up there too

Dele Alli became a starter for club and country and I think was double digits in goals and assists for a Tottenham team that finished third and challenged Leicester for the title longer than anyone else Laughing

Hype.

Man United have the biggest hype machine going.

Remember 3 weeks ago they were going to win the league. Also, De Gea is long since better than Neuer.
Rashford is reminiscent of the young Messi.
Martial is the new Henry.
Depay is the new Ronaldo
Januzaj must be quickly naturalized because he's the future of the England NT (YES, that happened Laughing)
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:32 pm

CBarca wrote:Can someone explain to me exactly why Rashford should get it over Dele Alli? If we're talking about the English boys. I don't know who Donnurumma is and I agree with Jay that Coman is up there too

Who is saying that scratch ?? Dont go to redcafe, see some stupid ass comments in there as usual, come here and vent your anger.
No one's saying he should get it. People are only saying he will get it cos of popularity and hype machine.

The only argument guys are making here is the argument between him and Iheanacho. I dont personally have anything to say regarding that btw. Both are legit talents. And its pointless to debate this early anyway.
And lol at people posting stats to back iheanacho. One is basically a supersub and the other is a starter, one was playing with top quality attacking players to aid him and the other with utter turds around him (last season). Iheanacho is basically a proper 9 where as Rashford is more like a 11/9 hybrid.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:43 pm

People actually debating that its easier to put up stats as a sub for less than 20 mins a game than being a starter that played 90 minutes game in and game out last season. scratch

Iheanacho is just a superior striker and poacher. He has better finishing than Aguero even. Inside the Box, I would expect him to score with a nun.

Rashford being out performed by a super-sub in goals and assist, CALMA Proud
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Rashford will win. Iheanacho is possibly as good or even better but not quite as marketable as Marcus.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:45 am

nasir6371 wrote:People actually debating that its easier to put up stats as a sub for less than 20 mins a game than being a starter that played 90 minutes game in and game out last season. scratch

Iheanacho is just a superior striker and poacher. He has better finishing than Aguero even. Inside the Box, I would expect him to score with a nun.

Rashford being out performed by a super-sub in goals and assist, CALMA Proud

This guy. Laughing
Exactly. Super sub. He can come later in games when you are 1 or 2 up and score a brace. Thats what he's been doing. Chicharito MK II basically.
Put Rashford in City's 11 and put Iheanacho in last year's United 11 and tell me honestly. Will Iheanacho have the same goal scoring record then. Rashford was carrying the team where as iheNacho was stats padding, thats the difference. Saying 1 is better than the other in such a scenario hence is stupid.

Let first of all Iheanacho at least get a definite starting position in that city side Laughing

Anyway I like both of them personally and both are hardworking talents with right mentality. Thats why I or anyone for that matter cant say one is better than the other at this particular point. FFS they arent even 20. Its far too early.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:07 am

Christensen
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:39 am

Rashford wouldn't start for City. Delle Alli has a bigger say than both of them. 10 goals 10 assists, Are you kidding me :bow:

Rashford is doing well because he's doing for the shitter team.

And apparently Wikipedia agrees with Glory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Boy_(award)

"GLORY GLORY MANCHESTER UNITED"
"2016 Marcus rashford"

rofl rofl

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:52 am

Have to break this whole PL-centric thing.

CBarca wrote:I don't know who Donnurumma is

At 16 he broke through the Milan academy last season and benched Diego Lopez/Abbiati to be the starting GK. Became probably their best performer. It takes a lot of character to be a Milan star at 16, specially when the team is so unstable. He is also 1.96 m. This year he became the youngest player to be called up to the Italian NT in 105 years. Also, one of the few in that list of candidates that actually played a full season as a starter.

From the great minds of GL:

Robespierre: I feel it's right to say it : Gianluigi Donnarumma is the new thing for  the goalkeepers. Finally Italy found the future GK , the Buffon heir .  Really impressive for personality ( he plays for Milan not Genoa) and ability.

breva: This kid matches (probably exceeds) the 17 year old Buffon's ability and is bigger at 17 than Buffon is now! He is a goalkeeper with excellent reflexes who happens to be gigantic.

juve_gigi: Donnarumma is the new "Gigi". He is a star in the making. He will become the best goalkeeper in the world by the time he's 21 if not sooner.

He has everything needed to become the greatest Italian goalkeeper ever, if not the greatest goalkeeper ever. We will see in 10 years how it plays out but he will take over from Buffon after the next World Cup.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:54 am

Nishankly wrote:Rashford wouldn't start for City. Delle Alli has a bigger say than both of them. 10 goals 10 assists, Are you kidding me :bow:

Rashford is doing well because he's doing for the shitter team.

And apparently Wikipedia agrees with Glory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Boy_(award)

"GLORY GLORY MANCHESTER UNITED"
"2016 Marcus rashford"

rofl rofl

lmao didn't even take the time to get the name right Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:03 pm

Have been a huge fan of Donnarumma ever since his preseaon appearance at the Audi Cup 2015 and when he embarrassed Kroos against Real.

It doesn't hurt that his name reminds me of my favourite disco queen.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Curtinho wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
ES wrote:Does Iheanacho have a better chance than Rashford ?

He should do, he's achieved far more than he has anyway. In fact if we are talking about accomplishment Iheanacho has quite a good case to win this.

How has Iheanacho achieved more than Rashford though? Especially over the time span of the award period. Not that Iheanacho would be a bad choice, or that he's been bad, but he played for a much better team and the sub thing is a bit misleading...generally coming on as a fresh attacker against tired legs and defences might even be considered an advantage. I despise United, but I can say that Rashford will be up there with Asensio, Dembele and Donnarumma for me, he really had an exceptional season.

Lol Nasir posted the stats above, Ihenacho averages a goal or assist every 50 something minutes lmao. There's nothing easy about that.

Rashford has played over 400 more minutes but has 11 G+A less, this argument was dead in the water as soon as Nasir posted that tbh.

Rashford has had a great season? sure he has, all 4 games of it lol. There's no such thing as a great season yet.

Not saying Rashford won't be better but there's nothing to suggest he is yet and my argument of accomplishing less is absolutely fact thanks to Nasir's post.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:34 pm

Rashford or Nacho shouldn't even be the topic as neither should be close to winning this award Laughing

Really just give it to Donnarumma.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:39 pm

Agree with that Donnarumma should win it. Can't give Golden Boy to bench players.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next