Vlad the Impaler
Glory
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Rick and Morty - Page 4 Empty Re: Rick and Morty

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:56 am

Latest episode is arguably the best one to date. *bleep* hilarious rofl

Squeezed so many well done story lines into one episode.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:16 am

Episode 7 what a masterpiece :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 pm

Finally got around to this show after multiple friends recommended it and I must say it did not disappoint. High or not, it’s a super HIGH quality show. I recommend paying full attention while watching - not a something you should watch while fussing with your phone/computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:01 am

The Black Sheep wrote:I recommend paying full attention while watching - not a something you should watch while fussing with your phone/computer.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Pasta but I couldn't resist Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:25 am

Ahh, you Rick and Morty nerds like to maintain your exclusivity.

Jk. But I agree with your high IQ sentiment dmize. For some reason that's why I felt indifferent about the first season, I'm not dumb but sometimes the physics went over my head. Laughing but for some reason I became a whole lot more smarter and now I love it.

I genuinely think the quality of the show progressed naturally as well, or is it just me. Especially in season 3.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:38 am

Lmaooo EG it's a copy pasta that people lambast all over the internet, and for good reason

You can disagree but to me the humor in Rick and Morty is pretty basic. It's no more clever than the shit Harmon did in Community to be honest. Don't get me wrong, it's still quite clever and very good (I love Harmon and the Rick and Morty writing is brilliant), but I would say people even with below average IQ can enjoy it. Sure they have some funny references to quantum physics at times, but the science in the show doesn't require understanding and they make it accessible anyway.

Personally I liked season 3 a lot but I think it has been the weakest so far.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 pm

There's like no science to understand in the show besides loose popular understanding of common things.

Its all science fiction and mostly pop culture references to other sci fi movies/shows. The only episode that comes to mind where some familiarity with physics is probably emphasized is the episode where they deal with uncertainty and keep splitting into different scenarios. That's a HUGE leap too as its 99% fiction.

Its really clever stuff but anyone that claims to be smarter because they can "understand" more than most fans is just being a douche.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:00 pm

BTW, anybody who has enjoyed Rick and Morty should check out Community (specifically seasons 1-3). It's brilliant, and funnier than Rick and Morty imo
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:01 pm

Community died at season 3 mid when they did the laser tag and paintball thing for like the third time. Great concept, Excellent characters just no story after a while, I think they started out wrong.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:43 am

jeez guys, you have never heard of copypasta? I didn't write that, it's a parody.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/to-be-fair-you-have-to-have-a-very-high-iq-to-understand-rick-and-morty
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:35 am

rincon wrote:There's like no science to understand in the show besides loose popular understanding of common things.

Its all science fiction and mostly pop culture references to other sci fi movies/shows. The only episode that comes to mind where some familiarity with physics is probably emphasized is the episode where they deal with uncertainty and keep splitting into different scenarios. That's a HUGE leap too as its 99% fiction.

Its really clever stuff but anyone that claims to be smarter because they can "understand" more than most fans is just being a douche.

Absolutely. That's the best thing about the show imo. I mean yes, it deals with lots of science stuff. But the writers are so clever they never bore us (even the low IQ ones lol) off by going OTT.
So, unlike shit shows like Big Bang Theory where they take that route just for the sake of taking that route, here every progression happening in the story comes across as organic.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Season 4 currently, anyone watching as they're coming out? I just got around to ep 1, think three eps have already aired. Hyped
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 04, 2021 12:04 pm

Season 5, 20 June

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9vcTf3_nro

i wanna get back on this but i forgot where i left off.. i think i started season 3 and stopped somewhere. but i'm also not sure. might just leave it and go with season 4
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:11 pm

Epic show. Been watching it for years now.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4