VivaStPauli
Cruijf
Valkyrja
guest7
Harmonica
37 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

UEFA Best Player in Europe 15/16 - Page 4 Empty Re: UEFA Best Player in Europe 15/16

Post by Robespierre Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:32 am

Suarez had to be in place of Bale, but he is unpopolar for UEFA / FIFA because of those bites, nothing new

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

UEFA Best Player in Europe 15/16 - Page 4 Empty Re: UEFA Best Player in Europe 15/16

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:35 am

halamadrid2 wrote:No mention of Pepe by anyone. No love for defenders anymore No he deserves it more than all 3. He will never get recognised because of Casquerogate. Oh well

Ronaldo will win it anyways. Who finishes 2nd and 3rd place won't matter really

Agree actually. Pepe should be in there instead of Ronaldo and Bale.
Top three

Pepe
Mahrez
Griezmann or Suarez
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:36 am

Pepe Laughing It's like Ramos... you forget how absolute crap he was until February. Unlike BdO, UEFA player of the year covers the season I think, not the calendar year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:20 am

Wrong Pepe is a beast and was so last season too. Had a few below average games which is normal as no player can be faultless for an entire season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 am

He was crap until February Hala... you even said it in a post back then.  He recovered well to finish the season.  But a great half season is exactly that... a great half season.

He was horrific before that.  Not as bad as Ramos, but not far. He didn't have the confidence of the manager and played poorly as a result. Amazing what happens when your job isn't secure and you press...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:44 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:No mention of Pepe by anyone. No love for defenders anymore No he deserves it more than all 3. He will never get recognised because of Casquerogate. Oh well

Ronaldo will win it anyways. Who finishes 2nd and 3rd place won't matter really

Agree actually. Pepe should be in there instead of Ronaldo and Bale.
Top three

Pepe
Mahrez
Griezmann or Suarez

Mahrez ? Killing it in the Donkey_League alone doesnt make you eligible for this award.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:52 am

Actually that makes you even more of a contender.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 am

Suarez had more goals than bale and Griezmann combined Laughing

And they are ahead of him
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:06 am

And assists too ffs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:09 am

Marcus Aurelius wrote:Suarez had more goals than bale and Griezmann combined Laughing

And they are ahead of him

He was awarded the Golden Shoe for that. But this award is for the best player, not for some top scorer.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:55 am

Logic is strong with this one. I dont expect more of you though.

If he had scored more and assisted more goals than both of them COMBINED then he must have been THE BETTER PLAYER, amirite?

I guess it's hard for you to comprehend though.

He clearly had more impact on the game of his team than Bale- no doubt- and than Griezmann as well- possibly.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:13 am

Not really... chance creations and overall team talent impact individual stats. Atleti play with 2 DMs and Torres. In terms of the attack, they relied enormously on Griezmann. Suarez had Neymar, Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic, etc. Not to mention attacking fullbacks like Alba and Alves.

Do you watch football or just read the stat sheet after games? Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:16 am

Marcus Aurelius wrote:
If he had scored more and assisted more goals than both of them COMBINED then he must have been THE BETTER PLAYER, amirite?

Are you drunk?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:24 am

sportsczy wrote:Not really... chance creations and overall team talent impact individual stats. Atleti play with 2 DMs and Torres. In terms of the attack, they relied enormously on Griezmann. Suarez had Neymar, Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic, etc. Not to mention attacking fullbacks like Alba and Alves.

Do you watch football or just read the stat sheet after games? Laughing

This argument makes the inclusion of bale even more ridiculous. Thank you.

I think the top 3 should be CR, Suarez and Griezmann so....

And you know it should be that way.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:39 am

The nominations have been influenced by the Euros. Not really controversial.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:44 am

Euros are the most important competition this year obviously. Next important is the CL.
To argue with league performance is just laughable. It's a sideshow.
Suarez was good but without international performance and at the same timing exiting the CL in the quarters he never stood a chance and rightly so.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:47 am

sportsczy wrote:He was crap until February Hala... you even said it in a post back then.  He recovered well to finish the season.  But a great half season is exactly that... a great half season.

He was horrific before that.  Not as bad as Ramos, but not far. He didn't have the confidence of the manager and played poorly as a result. Amazing what happens when your job isn't secure and you press...

He had a few bad games here and there. I would describe his first half season as good and the 2nd as excellent. Horrific is a strong and fairly inaccurate word to use for any of our defenders bar Danilo tbh. One who really fits the description you just mentioned is Ramos, really bad first half and good second half. I think overall on the balance of things Pepe deserves to be on that podium. Let's not forget Ronaldo's form pre ZZ. He was one of the worst players in our team

Suarez failed when his team really needed him at the end and should have been sent off in a number of games towards the end of the season which is the only time Barca were actually pressured to win. They had the league on lock since September and the Copa after November. No offence I know his stats are amazing but he does not deserve to be there over the finalists. Griezmann scored in every single important game for Atleti and France. Didnt do too well in the finals but i feel he was let down by the rest of his team mates, Torres for Atleti and Payet, Pogba, Martial etc for France. He genuinely deserves to be there
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:09 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Suarez failed when his team really needed him at the end and should have been sent off in a number of games towards the end of the season which is the only time Barca were actually pressured to win. They had the league on lock since September and the Copa after November. No offence I know his stats are amazing but he does not deserve to be there over the finalists. Griezmann scored in every single important game for Atleti and France. Didnt do too well in the finals but i feel he was let down by the rest of his team mates, Torres for Atleti and Payet, Pogba, Martial etc for France. He genuinely deserves to be there

I got no dog in this fight, and el Kommander will win anyway and I don't like Suarez.

That said, how exactly did Suarez fail his his team when they needed him at the end??

He actually scored both goals against Atleti! no one else stepped up but him. Then at the end of the season, when Barca were in their slump and Madrid was within 1 point (or so) he racked in 14 goals and 5 assists in the last 5 games of the league to bring the trophy home.

Doesn't get any more clutch than that. If anyone failed anyone it was Barca failing Suarez.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:27 am

Still can't get over how most people are not even mentioning Mahrez. The guy led Lesster to a PL title. Clearly he is deserving of the title, and completely a shoe-in for the top 3.

Didn't even make the top 10 rofl
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:28 am

Yup

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:20 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Still can't get over how most people are not even mentioning Mahrez. The guy led Lesster to a PL title. Clearly he is deserving of the title, and completely a shoe-in for the top 3.

Didn't even make the top 10 rofl

That's embarrassing, true. Should be top 5.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:38 am

CR had only one Ballon dor worthy performance and it was against Wolsfburg. Other than that he didnt even look top 3 player in the world whole season. Bale clearly played better than him and usually was everywhere on the pitch

My top 5 is Suarez Pepe Griezmann Bale and CR (CR being the last). First 4 were more needed for their teams unlike CR stands there 90 minutes for a tapin and none of those tapins happened in final matches both for madrid and portugal.
The best player is someone who outperforms his team mates at least in 8 matches out of 10 in a title winning year. Ronaldo did opposite he outperformed his team mates 2 out of 10.
This must be the criteria when chosing best player of the title winning team.
So this year will be popularity contest at its best
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:33 am

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:13 am

Yeah I think people are underrating Bale's season. He was great when healthy for Madrid, and he was probably the best player at the Euros. At first I thought maybe it was a stretch to have him in the discussion, but he's right up there with Griezmann really. Even though I'm a fan of Ronaldo I don't think he deserves it over either of those two this year.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:14 am

Curtinho wrote:Yeah I think people are underrating Bale's season. He was great when healthy for Madrid, and he was probably the best player at the Euros. At first I thought maybe it was a stretch to have him in the discussion, but he's right up there with Griezmann really. Even though I'm a fan of Ronaldo I don't think he deserves it over either of those two this year.

No.

Just no.

Not sure what the hell is wrong with people's eyes.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:29 am

Who was better then?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next