Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City?

+14
REWB
xabi
Adit
che
Sushi Master
The Madrid One
Gil
JuvenelCuore
Raptorgunner
Ali
Bear
BeautifulGame
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City?

Post by Gil Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 16:27

re: Torres vs Aguero @ Atletico

I would say Torres is better, Aguero has scored more goals but Torres scored a lot more individualistic goals maybe because he played in a much worse Atleti side. Don't get me wrong Aguero has scored some brilliant goals but if you watch a Torres comp on YT with him at Atleti look at how many amazing goals he scored. Also Torres literally was Atletico, he was their warrior on the pitch fighting for the red and white, Aguero has amazing players like De Gea, Reyes, Simao, Godin, Filipe Luis and Forlan (not this season though) as well as the fact he hasn't got the pressure of being the home town boy like Torres had.

Torres was also a much better all round player back at Atletico as well. He would regularly beat 2 or 3 players several times in almost every game and he was a far more creative player than he was at Liverpool.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can Aguero truly remplace Tevez for City?

Post by Raptorgunner Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 16:35

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
ali8775 wrote:I don't think Aguero can carry a team on his shoulders

Hmm.........

27 goals in 41 games last year for a very average side with a crappy loser mentality and he cant carry a team on his shoulders?

Ok then, i seriously cant wait for City to sign him all these people that have no idea will jump on the bandwagon just like they did with Torres.

And he's 100x better than Torres ever was.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Aguero not suited to EPL, i seriously cannot wait for this.

Are you kidding me he is better then Torres, in his Liverpool days lol. Aguero will find out the hard way to earn his money in EPL.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 16:39

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Oh yh and Torres never managed anything near what Aguero has accomplished.

Torres was captain at the age of 19 at Atletico and he was a local boy.Had a far worse team and he was forced to shoulder the responsibilities single handedly and under pressure Aguero never faced at Atletico.

Hardly similar comparisons.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 16:42

You're right Mole... Aguero is an absolute WC striker. Much better than Torres ever was. Problem with most EPL fans is that they barely watch any other league and are supremely biased. It's interesting because in CL since 2000, La Liga teams have won 5, Serie A teams 3, EPL 2, Bundesliga 1 and Portugal 1. EPL, like the English NT, is waaaaay overrated although very good. Top to bottom, it's the toughest. But in terms of the elite, they are not as good as La Liga or Serie A. I'd even rate Bayern as better than all the EPL teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 16:45

Gil wrote:re: Torres vs Aguero @ Atletico

I would say Torres is better, Aguero has scored more goals but Torres scored a lot more individualistic goals maybe because he played in a much worse Atleti side. Don't get me wrong Aguero has scored some brilliant goals but if you watch a Torres comp on YT with him at Atleti look at how many amazing goals he scored. Also Torres literally was Atletico, he was their warrior on the pitch fighting for the red and white, Aguero has amazing players like De Gea, Reyes, Simao, Godin, Filipe Luis and Forlan (not this season though) as well as the fact he hasn't got the pressure of being the home town boy like Torres had.

Torres was also a much better all round player back at Atletico as well. He would regularly beat 2 or 3 players several times in almost every game and he was a far more creative player than he was at Liverpool.

Bit over the top dont you think? Bar De Gea and Forlan they are all decent players and Filipe Luis is still coming back from injury.

And Aguero does'nt he consistently bullys defender with a mixture strength, speed, skill and agility and created alot more goals than Torres ever did just look at his assist count if you dont believe me.

@ Raptor

Iam comparing the Atletico days as that is the fair comparison and Aguero win's this in every way possible.

Also he fit's EPL so much more than La Liga, just like Torres he likes direct, quick paced football, he is strong he has made Ramos who is supposed to be as strong as an ox look like a skinny rat on many a occasion.

Just watch if he sign's for City ill be bumping this thread, because majority of you really have no idea what is skillset is or what suits him i guareentee he would rape EPL.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 16:50

I still remember when Aguero went on a shoulder duel with Pepe and left him flat on the ground as he went to score. that kid is a bit of a freak, playing for pathetico for so long hurt his profile.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 16:51

Does some here even know Torres came third in Ballon D'or in the 2007-08 season.

When has Aguero had a similar season in his career?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 16:53

BeautifulGame wrote:Does some here even know Torres came third in Ballon D'or in the 2007-08 season.

shhhh we are premfaces.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 16:56

Aguero will suit City even more, because what they lack is creativity and Aguero will give them just that.

He can make Dzeko a beast again.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 16:57

city need to get a proper coach first, doesn't matter if they sign all the strikers in the world so long as mancini keeps starting barry, de jong and milner...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:00

agree with Mole about Aguero in the PL, think he'll tear it up.

on a side note, has anyone else noticed how 'physical' the EPL has actually become? It's almost like defenders get surprised when someone tries to dribble by them rather than get a half-yard and cross.

Almost like there was a massive shock factor when Torres, Suarez & co tried to beat their man.
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:00

BeautifulGame wrote:Does some here even know Torres came third in Ballon D'or in the 2007-08 season.

In today's world, unless you have 40 goals or your name is Iniesta, you're not making the Ballon d'Or podium, let alone with a smaller club. Last year, Aguero had a better year than Torres ever had at Atleti with a complete shat team (best total Torres had was 23 goals all competitions).

Wait until he plays with better talent while still remaining a focal point. I hate the Kun* passionately... but i cannot deny his talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:01

I compared them two at ATLETICO because that is a fair comparison because he left for EPL and now Aguero looks like doing the same.

And Aguero last season was'nt far off that season anyway, the reason Torres was voted 3rd is because he scored winning goal in Euro 08 final.

And Aguero is so much more than just goalscorer where as Torres is just a goalscorer.

When was the last time Torres scored 20+ goals and 10+ assists? oh yh never, while Aguero has done it 3 out of 5 seasons in europe.

Oh and dont give me that age bs aswell because Aguero has been carrying Atletico since he was 19 years old.

And dont give me that La Liga excuse because Torres did'nt do anything near that and dont give me that inferior team bs aswell because that is crap aswell.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:04

Bear-Felix wrote:agree with Mole about Aguero in the PL, think he'll tear it up.

on a side note, has anyone else noticed how 'physical' the EPL has actually become? It's almost like defenders get surprised when someone tries to dribble by them rather than get a half-yard and cross.

Almost like there was a massive shock factor when Torres, Suarez & co tried to beat their man.

Very interesting point Felix, those players with superior technique are glorified like kings in EPL. I didnt get the hype suarez received when he got there, not to say he is bad ofc, great kid but he could actually dribble past 2 or 3 men; i didnt realize how exceptional it was in england.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:08

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I compared them two at ATLETICO because that is a fair comparison because he left for EPL and now Aguero looks like doing the same.

And Aguero last season was'nt far off that season anyway, the reason Torres was voted 3rd is because he scored winning goal in Euro 08 final.

And Aguero is so much more than just goalscorer where as Torres is just a goalscorer.

When was the last time Torres scored 20+ goals and 10+ assists? oh yh never, while Aguero has done it 3 out of 5 seasons in europe.

Oh and dont give me that age bs aswell because Aguero has been carrying Atletico since he was 19 years old.

And dont give me that La Liga excuse because Torres did'nt do anything near that and dont give me that inferior team bs aswell because that is crap aswell.

Nope u said Aguero was better that Torres ever was.Not about their La liga performances.

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Hmm.........

27 goals in 41 games last year for a very average side with a crappy loser mentality and he cant carry a team on his shoulders?

Ok then, i seriously cant wait for City to sign him all these people that have no idea will jump on the bandwagon just like they did with Torres.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:11

sportsczy wrote:

In today's world, unless you have 40 goals or your name is Iniesta, you're not making the Ballon d'Or podium, let alone with a smaller club. Last year, Aguero had a better year than Torres ever had at Atleti with a complete shat team (best total Torres had was 23 goals all competitions).

Wait until he plays with better talent while still remaining a focal point. I hate the Kun* passionately... but i cannot deny his talent.

In which exact season Aguero was one of the best 3 players in the world and deserved to be in Ballon D'or podium?

Edit:

I not disagreeing Aguero had a better season last year(or last 2 seasons for that matter) or he was better than Torres for Atletico.

I was only pointing out that saying Torres was never as good as Aguero now is ludicrous.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:18; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:13

BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Nope u said Aguero was better that Torres ever was.Not about their La liga performances.

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Hmm.........

Yep and i explained afterwards i was comparing the two in Atletico and you know this because you replied to it. Do us all a favour and stop riding Torres.

I am sure Fernando is pissed off at not being able to train thanks to all the friction burns he is getting from you.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:16

BeautifulGame wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

In which exact season Aguero was one of the best 3 players in the world and deserved to be in Ballon D'or podium?

Reading comprehension dude. I said that the competition today is very cut and dry. You have Ronaldo, Messi and Iniesta. If you win the CL in heroic fashion or your country wins the NT, you may break into the threesome. Iniesta may actually fall off a bit this year and let other players compete for a podium spot...

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:29

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Yep and i explained afterwards i was comparing the two in Atletico and you know this because you replied to it. Do us all a favour and stop riding Torres.

I am sure Fernando is pissed off at not being able to train thanks to all the friction burns he is getting from you.

Sorry i missed the explanation comment and certainly didn't reply to that.

And how exactly does this make me a Torres fan boy Rolling Eyes ?

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:31

BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Hmm.........

And he's 100x better than Torres ever was

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Aguero not suited to EPL, i seriously cannot wait for this.

Thats just nonsense

Aguero>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Torres for Atletico anyone who deny's it blinded from the truth.

And imho Aguero will be better than Torres in EPL.( Torres was average in Spain like it or not)

Then u should have mentioned better than Torres at Atletico not better than Torres ever was which is ludicrous.

HMM...... YES U DID Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:40

why not? he is already better than tevez. Chelsea/city will have the closest thing you can find to messi (in terms of playing style only).He is unpredictable (even to his team mates lol) ,can play any where on the line and is a good dribbler and shooter too.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:42

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Hmm.........

And he's 100x better than Torres ever was

Thats just nonsense

Aguero>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Torres for Atletico anyone who deny's it blinded from the truth.

And imho Aguero will be better than Torres in EPL.( Torres was average in Spain like it or not)

Then u should have mentioned better than Torres at Atletico not better than Torres ever was which is ludicrous.

HMM...... YES U DID Laughing

I was under the impression that u never denied ur first quote Mad .Sorry if its my mess up of quotes

Either way it seems u are not going to see Aguero any time soon in PL by the look of things Razz

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/18/2580378/corinthians-claim-manchester-city-have-not-accepted-offer
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 18:19

ali8775 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:\.Tevez was byfar the best striker in the league over the last 2 years so he would have pretty big boots to fill.

lol tell that to Drogba and RVP

please.. rvp has been injured for almost two years only the last half of this season he really dominated. and drogba was really weak this season. tevez has been much more consistant.
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 18:38

tevez was a beast, it wasn't just his finishing and skill it was his determination and energy that made him soo good, has aguero got that? because to be successful in the epl you have to have that determination, quality can only get you so far but when the epl side suss you out players can be found wanting, as torres and dezko have found out. im sure aguero will have a fantastic first season, i just dont think he will be constantly great like tevez was for 2-3 seasons.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 18:43

Bear-Felix wrote:agree with Mole about Aguero in the PL, think he'll tear it up.

amazing sig
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 18:43

Gil wrote:re: Torres vs Aguero @ Atletico

>atletico
>having amazing players

pick one, and only one.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next