Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 4 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team

+25
Robespierre
urbaNRoots
BusterLfc
Freeza
Kaladin
rincon
Unique
Nishankly
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
rwo power
Cruijf
Tomwin Lannister
Hapless_Hans
futbol_bill
Art Morte
ExtremistEnigma
titosantill
B-Mac
breva
farfan
Warrior
Jay29
Firenze
BarrileteCosmico
29 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Should they merge?

Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 4 Vote_lcap57%Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 4 Voting_bar 57% 
[ 8 ]
Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 4 Vote_lcap43%Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 4 Voting_bar 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 4 Empty Re: Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team

Post by Nishankly Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 18:21

Myesyats wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:Do you think India and Pakistan should merge into one team.

That's like saying France and England should be one country lmao

It's not at all like that though, right? Weren't Pakistan and India one country at some point?

It is, we became different countries 70 years ago. We don't have the same culture. We might occasionally look the same and get pooled in the same boat but we are not.

Its absolutely irrelevant here. We both have different FIFA teams as well because we are officially different countries if we talk about this on topic since it's been bought up.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team - Page 4 Empty Re: Change my view: England, N.Ireland, Wales & Scotland should merge into a UK team

Post by Nishankly Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 18:32

Freeza wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Freeza wrote:I don’t hear anobody say Denmark should merge with Faroe Islands and Greenland hmm

That's valid as well. You can hear that from me as well. I thought Faroe Islands was a seperate country. Greenland never played in Euro qualification so it fit the bill of one nation.

Faroe Islands probably should be part of our national team. I think the point of it being seperate is to promote their culture. No one from there would be on the national teams basically, if they didn't have their own. Todi Jónsson is probably the only player ever who's had a chance of playing for us.

And I'd also say the culture is much different than a lot of other nations. The language is probably closer to Icelandic. I don't understand shit of what my friends from there say Laughing

One of my friends was on their youth national team, and we were the same level and I'm not very good.

Basically, if they didn't have their own, they'd never be able to promote their own culture to the world. And I doubt they feel Danish. It's comparable to the UK, but at least they under a name "United Kingdom" while our name is "Kingdom of Denmark"

I understand, only the small level it feels right but unfortunately it's not fair on the grand scheme of things when the teams become so competitive that they can take spots from actual nations with no affliations or support from a mother or father.

Ultimately the only argument that works here for these teams is "It is how it is" and we do agree, since the thread was made all we did was inform why it's wrong even though it touches them personally and their way of life.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 18:34

I just don't see the point in eliminating countries in Kingdoms from playing NT football, because of rigid definitions that are remnants of colonialism.

All these nations are already moving towards independence at some point I'd guess.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 18:35

Kaladin wrote:If UK merged the NT would be insane, some great players sprinkled around those nations

They 'd get never something of good, because it 'd miss of sense of belonging and union.
Basically it's the reason why Jusgolavia, named the "Brazil of Europe" won nothing. They hated each other and it'd be same for English and Scottish players.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:01

Unique wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yes we are lol.

Nobody in Scotland or Wales think they are in the same country lol.

You are being just as ignorant as Unique with that post tbh.
I wasn’t being ignorant I was being sarcastic.

That’s really the issue!

we outsiders don’t know if it’s sarcasm , ignorant, an attempt at that dry humor or if it is in fact serious? Really hard to figure you blokes out!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:03

I can’t believe I didn’t get any response from this, my attempt at some dry humour!

futbol_bill wrote:A scene of modern Britain played out on a bus in Newport yesterday. A woman wearing a niqab was chatting to her son in another language. After five minutes, a man suddenly snapped. "If you're in the UK, you should speak English." At this point, another passenger turned around and explained: "We're in Wales and she is speaking Welsh.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:04

futbol_bill wrote:I can’t believe I didn’t get any response from this, my attempt at some dry humour!

futbol_bill wrote:A scene of modern Britain played out on a bus in Newport yesterday. A woman wearing a niqab was chatting to her son in another language. After five minutes, a man suddenly snapped. "If you're in the UK, you should speak English." At this point, another passenger turned around and explained: "We're in Wales and she is speaking Welsh.

Reminds me of a video I saw on Twitter of a white American man harassing a Puerto Rican woman for wearing a shirt with the Puerto Rican flag, which she shouldn't do because she's in America.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:11

futbol_bill wrote:That’s really the issue!

we outsiders don’t know if it’s sarcasm , ignorant, an attempt at that dry humor or if it is in fact serious? Really hard to figure you blokes out!

It's ok Bill, I've been chatting with these guys coming close to a decade and I still can't tell when they are being serious or sarcastic.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:14

Doc wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:That’s really the issue!

It's ok Bill, I've been chatting with these guys coming close to a decade and I still can't tell when they are being serious or sarcastic.

Cruijff called me a Bale supporter once, so it's obvious sarcasm is often not understood on here.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:14

I always smile and talk about the weather if I don't understand what the Britisher is speaking about. It always works regardless.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:14

Imagine having a national team set up decades before FIFA even existed then fast forwarding to 2018 and being told by fans that you shouldn't be allowed to have your own football teams and your countries identity is irrelevant Laughing

That's the football equivalent of the political nonsense that's rapidly increasing far right sentiments across Europe. Madness.

And I say this as someone who doesn't particularly support England or Scotland beyond being happy for the GOAT drinking excuses and parties tournament games bring.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:16

Start an Airconditioning business and stay outta this Tom :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:20

I've never understood if Tom is Scottish or English , infact I wanted to ask him what he thought about the letter R to resolve the enigma one day . But I totally agree though
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:23

Robespierre wrote:I've never understood if Tom is Scottish or English , infact I wanted to ask him what he thought about the letter R to resolve the enigma a day . But I totally agree though
Blood wise and family wise i'm 75% scottish 25% Italian (Thank for the jet black hair granddad it's GOAT) roughly. (Obviously the percentages will be a lot less neat in reality with some random 0.29573% stuff in there.)

But I was born in and grew up in England.

The reason I don't genuinely support England is because growing up looking and sounding different every conversation as a kid started with "Oh where are your parents from" and "You sound different"

Whilst people fanboying and fangirling over my accent was kinda fun, it got old quickly and I couldn't get behind the team because of the boredom of that.

Having said that, I have a soft spot for England and Scotland. Any pro Italy team ties I have are because I can technically bandwagon them when they are stacked with Juve players. Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:29

Tom is a top lad regardless, in GREAT Britain we don't generalise.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:30

Proud

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:33

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tom is a top lad regardless, in GREAT Britain we don't generalise.

No you don’t. You just insist that each region has to have a separate team. No generalization and obviously no integration!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:34

It's all about giving people opportunities to better themselves tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:36

For years I thought Tom was Italian-American. The more you know...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:37

futbol_bill wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tom is a top lad regardless, in GREAT Britain we don't generalise.

No you don’t. You just insist that each region has to have a separate team. No generalization and obviously no integration!
I think you'll find the actual regions themselves do not wish to integrate because they have their own cultures and in our case our own teams long before FIFA was a thing. England aren't swatting away the rest of Britain saying "NO ABSOLUTELY NOT GUV'NOR STICK TO YOUR OWN TEAMS."

These nations just want their own teams to get behind, like some of them have been doing for about 1.5 centuries.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:37

Doc wrote:For years I thought Tom was Italian-American. The more you know...

If you heard him speak you'd think very differently Laughing

Tbf when i first did it surprised me quite a bit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:38

Doc wrote:For years I thought Tom was Italian-American. The more you know...
ScoTalian >>>>>
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:39

Always thought Tom spoke Welsh tbh. Never understood him
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:41

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's all about giving people opportunities to better themselves tbh.

tongue
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:45

If I'm not wrong , Jay I think is the only who is 100% English here (and maybe Unique too idk). All the Brexit lads here have mixed ancestry from what I've heard.

Last edited by S on Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:46; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:46

Jay29 wrote:I'm curious as to why they shouldn't be separate. Like, what issue is there that there's no UK football team?

The English and Scottish FA's pre-date FIFA by decades. England and Scotland were playing international games in the 1870s well before international football became an organised thing.

Maybe if there was a UK FA or something, but that's never been the case. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have their own FAs and run their own football programmes.

I'm wondering why the FAs matter? Like if Brazil decided "hey we have enough quality players to get 4 teams into the WC, let's split our FA 4ways so we can get 4 teams" would that be alright? Of course not.

The UK is one country, regardless of how its internally organized. You can't blame people for feeling salty that 1 country is allowed to get 4 teams worth of representation. In fact iirc in the Olympics its only the UK, not England + 3.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next