Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros?

+23
windkick
titosantill
breva
Socur Toxanarosa
Doc
M99
Turok_TTZ
sportsczy
futbol
Kaladin
TrezeGent
Cruijf
StrugaRock
Lucifer
farfan
zigra
rwo power
Jay29
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
futbol_bill
urbaNRoots
Gil
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros?

Post by sportsczy Wed May 11, 2016 11:33 pm

There are no perfect teams... which is great. Makes tactics far more important so that managers will be tested.

I'll wait until a week before to get really excited. Want to see everyone get there healthy first lol.

On a side note... security is going to be a nightmare. Going to be tough on both the police and the fans. You're not going to see the rolling street parties in France like you saw for WC 98. It's unfortunate. Never seen anything like it. You walked up and down the Champs Elysees and you had fans from all over the world just having fun. One of the best experiences in my life.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else really looking forward to the Euros?

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 11, 2016 11:36 pm

Benzema not in Euros so its fairly open.
At the same time I remember Martial so clearly France got dis. Germany not what it used to be and Spain? Top kek. Belgium is overrated like their players bar hazard. Italy not a force. can only see france.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 12, 2016 12:19 am

Kompany being out is a huge problem for Belgium... midfield is questionable too. Good attack though if they can get them the ball.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 12, 2016 12:22 am

2014 World Cup was amazing to watch so yeah I'm looking forward to another international tournament.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 12, 2016 12:23 am

No dog in this fight obviously so yeah, totally looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to the many excuses why certain players and countries won't meet certain expectations.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Thu May 12, 2016 1:14 am

Italy will win it, they have the best coach Rolling Eyes
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu May 12, 2016 1:29 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Italy will win it, they have the best coach Rolling Eyes

Italy has probably the worst team in terms of personnel since after the Grande Torino team was killed in the Superega air crash.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 12, 2016 1:31 am

M99 wrote:2014 World Cup was amazing to watch so

Are you drunk? hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 12, 2016 1:33 am

zigra wrote:
M99 wrote:2014 World Cup was amazing to watch so

Are you drunk? hmm

It was hella entertaining. Are you drunk hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 12, 2016 1:42 am

I actually should be drunk, this is probably the best day of the year but the news came to unexpected hmm

It was an ok world cup I'd say. Funny enough it was really split in halves imo. The 8 teams playing in the ko round on the german/brazil side had actually entertaining games, the other 8 teams were pathetic to watch in every single game.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu May 12, 2016 1:53 am

i'll watch it, cos i always like professional football being available in the summer (junior tournaments like u21, u20 or whatever they call those do not appeal to me at all, especially when people want to start hyping such youngsters in the hope their team signs them, though they might end up at the wrong place and rot on the bench, cos they're obviously not ready).

despite that, i'm not sure i can remember any euros(copa america, african nations cup, asian cup etc) i really enjoyed from top to bottom. i liked platini's euro 82 conquest, but only close to the end do i remember really getting into it. obviously always preferred the world cup, but some professional football action is always good in the summer....plus it'll keep the forum lively
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu May 12, 2016 1:59 am

btw i liked the 2014 world cup, thought it was really good. 2010 was garbage, 06 was alright, not bad, i can remember some really good games in that tournament. i think i might have even preferred italia 90 to 2010
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 12, 2016 3:35 am

Love all international tournaments, can't wait
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 3:44 am

I wonder why nobody is picking Italy to win. They are my clear picks. Solid squad. Not the best, but good enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu May 12, 2016 4:13 am

Always root for England in this tournament. They are our dad after all. But England has disappointed me more often than my actual father which is impressive so I can't say I'm too pumped up for it.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 12, 2016 4:47 am

Betty La Fea wrote:I wonder why nobody is picking Italy to win. They are my clear picks. Solid squad. Not the best, but good enough.

Their two best players are out of the tournament through injury (Marchisio and Verrati).
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 12, 2016 5:01 am

M99 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:I wonder why nobody is picking Italy to win. They are my clear picks. Solid squad. Not the best, but good enough.

Their two best players are out of the tournament through injury (Marchisio and Verrati).

No midfield... and I'll add that the forwards aren't all that either. It's a very poor team for a country like Italy. Not to mention that Conte's entire philosophy is based on midfield play Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu May 12, 2016 5:05 am

sportsczy wrote:Kompany being out is a huge problem for Belgium...
Could be a blessing in disguise in actuality. Vertonghen & Alderweireld have formed an amazing partnership this season.
 midfield is questionable too.  Good attack though if they can get them the ball.

Dembele, Nainggolan & Witsel? That's a quality trio of midfielders. The first two especially are at worst Top 3 in their respective Leagues.

Last edited by Gil on Thu May 12, 2016 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 12, 2016 5:32 am

It's a big test for the Euros, the first time there are 24 teams. Is it going to be too many, will the quality suffer? Six groups and four best 3rd-placed teams will progress, is that going to feel weird, too easy that out of 66% of the groups 3 out of 4 teams will go through?

I'm really looking forward to it, always am, the Euros and the World Cups are football heaven to me, but I just hope the expansion of the tournament from 16 to 24 teams is going to work out and not dilute it.

Ps. 2014 WC was great, group stage 10/10, knock-outs 7/10.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 12, 2016 5:34 am

'14 World Cup was definitely great.

Go read the threads. Everyone was hyped as shit and it was in agreement that it was a goat tourny.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 12, 2016 6:35 am

Why is everyone ruling out Portugal ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 12, 2016 7:09 am

Quitting my job so i can watch it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2