RealGunner
47 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle Empty Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle

Post by RealGunner Tue 8 Mar 2016 - 19:55

Rafael Benitez: Newcastle United appoint Spaniard as Steve McClaren's successor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35784544

Last edited by rwo power on Sat 12 Mar 2016 - 0:03; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Ridiculously misleading title.)
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle Empty Re: Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 8 Mar 2016 - 19:56

Most misleading title of all time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle Empty Re: Official: Rafa Benítez to newcastle

Post by Kaladin Tue 8 Mar 2016 - 20:13

Pippo.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 8 Mar 2016 - 20:17

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Most misleading title of all time.

Clearly RG took his time and really looked into it before coming up with that title.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 8 Mar 2016 - 22:09

Goal.com legacy Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 8 Mar 2016 - 23:46

So apparently this is legit Laughing Whether Benitez would accept it is another matter entirely.

Also it's apparently only a short term deal for now, would be absolutely ridiculous to get Benitez on the short term and then f*** him off in the summer for someone who quite clearly is inept as usual.

But it's ever so NUFC.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 1:50

From Real Madrid to NUFC rofl
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 2:06

BarrileteCosmico wrote:From Real Madrid to NUFC rofl

Wouldn't be the first to take that path.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 8:26

I hope they get Rodgers smoking

[adm]On your first day back after a ban, perhaps it's best NOT to immediately attempt to start fights and all that.[/adm]

Last edited by RedOranje on Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 9:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trolling; Attempting to instigate off-topic fights.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 12:16

Red Alert wrote:I hope they get Rodgers smoking

I'm not against that Laughing But at the end of the day who ever we get will need to actually build a team.

As of right now there's no semblance of a team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 12:22

[adm]On your first day back after a ban, perhaps it's best NOT to immediately attempt to start fights and all that.[/adm]

Cool moderation logo.

Newcastle should really get another manager.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 12:48

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

I'm not against that Laughing But at the end of the day who ever we get will need to actually build a team.

Both Rodgers or Benitez would be huge news for a relegation candidate as yourselves.
They would herald a bright future.

They would also definitively mean I'll not reanimate the Scoreline for another season :whistle:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 13:00

Which is why it won't happen, i'm not allowed nice things. hmm

Bit seriously i can't see a scenario where Rodgers or Benitez would want to work under Ashley at least long term.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 16:03

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm not against that Laughing But at the end of the day who ever we get will need to actually build a team.

Like I've said before Rodgers would make a good coach for any team, but he'll have to really improve on his work in the transfer market if he wants to 'build' a successful team. However I think there's enough talent already at Newcastle, along with some younger players, for Rodgers to find success (relative) there without any buys.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 16:51

There's talent in isolation but none of it fits, that's the issue we have. Well other than some players are clearly not good enough anyway.

I personally don't think this is happening anyway and it's just a smokescreen for something shit Laughing only thing i'm certain of is McClaren is going, the rest eh i have no idea about.

The best realistic situation is probably Moyes which i'm fine with but i don't think Rafa or Rodgers is happening as much as i'd like them to be.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 23:17

*bleep* off Media making me believe.

‏@CraigHope_DM
Exclusive: NUFC set to appoint Rafa Benitez as manager before Monday's trip to Leicester. More to follow @MailSport

@dpcoverdale
Exclusive: Rafa Benitez offered #nufc job. Long-term deal if he keeps them up. Could be in charge for Leicester game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 23:22

So Madrid ex Manager to be hired by team that is on verge of Relegation. What does that say about Real Madrid? Not much I guess.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 23:33

Lucifer wrote:So Madrid ex Manager to be hired by team that is on verge of Relegation. What does that say about Real Madrid? Not much I guess.

Say what you will about Real.

But their manic wastefulness quite sometimes brings with it generous charity for the rest of Europe's clubs, whether big or small:

An Özil-class player for a club like Arsenal, a Di Maria on the top of his game for a 7th place United in deep disarray, a Robben for a terrble end-00s Bayern, a Higuain for a 2nd tier Serie A club, etc...

.. and now a internationa top coach like Benitez for relegation-course, in-shambles Newcastle cheers

Very happy for our Dear Leader Mole. cheers

Also glad there's only 9 match days left, means they practically can't catch SAP in the Scoreline anymore cheers
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 23:35

This is amazing to me Laughing

If it does happen that is, how do you go from Chris Hughton, Alan Pardew, John Carver and Steve McClaren to Rafa *bleep* Benitez Laughing

This club is pure bonafied insanity.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 23:39

Valid points. RM are Robinhood of football I guess, only difference is people hate them.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 23:39

Mole, honestly, do you really think having someone like Rafa in charge is a good thing? His disastrous stints with us, Napoli and Inter didn't even make you a little bit skeptical?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 23:41

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Mole, honestly, do you really think having someone like Rafa in charge is a good thing? His disastrous stints with us, Napoli and Inter didn't even make you a little bit skeptical?

Pls STOP.

I won't bother to fact check, but I'll just claim right now that Rafa Benitez alone has won as many major European trophies in this millenium as your 'only the best of the best is worthy'-club
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 23:43

Ozil only has a FA cup to cuddle and cry with, Di Maria still watches his youtube clips of La Decima and calls Hala crying and Higuain still gets no genuine praise or respect. Robben's career at Bayern turned out to be excellent.

Essentially, don't take on Hans, he is still smarting from hoping to see Madrid get KO'd. Be very careful what Madrid sells you. More importantly, we didn't sell Rafa to anyone, he got fired for being a waste of time.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 23:44

I fact checked now.

He has actually won MORE European trophies than Real Madrid in this millenium.

But please, go on pretending like HE was the unworthy one in that tragicomically short marriage Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 23:44

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Mole, honestly, do you really think having someone like Rafa in charge is a good thing? His disastrous stints with us, Napoli and Inter didn't even make you a little bit skeptical?

Disastrous due to expectations ( well Inter less so but still ) looking at it from a Newcastle point of view it doesn't seem so bad.

Those clubs are successful and demand to win so when you don't it seems like a disaster, we on the other hand are not and haven't been since Ashley bought the club sadly.

Just having someone who genuinely could manage a CL club is amazing considering who we have gone through since we sacked Bobby Robson.

I'm having a hard time trying to process it, i understand he failed at those clubs but putting yourself in a Newcastle fans shoes and it's a bit nuts tbh. Ever since Bobby Robson was wrongly sacked we have been hiring managers who have been sacked at lower league levels.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next