free_cat
Art Morte
Hapless_Hans
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Football Leaks and their revelations Empty Football Leaks and their revelations

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:57 pm

So this website Football Leaks has started to reveal 'secret' documents about dealings in football.

Apparently they're from Portugal, where they started the whole thing in order to expose shady stuff involving Portuguese clubs and third-party ownership deals, some of them leading to investigations by FIFA.

They've made headlines since with leaking Martial's, Bale's and Özil's transfer contracts, Kroos' transfer contract and player contract.

Previous threads discussed these things here
http://www.goallegacy.net/t38840-everything-leaking-nowadays-here-bale-s-contract
http://www.goallegacy.net/t38266p18-anthony-martial-aka-new-henry-god-of-men-maker-of-the-ring-of-pace-and-martin-tyler-s-son#1553570

If there are other previous threads where this is discussed which I missed, please link them below.

German football magazine 11 Freunde conducted and published an interview with the 'group' now, which is also available in English.

We decided to start all this back in September 2015, and our main goal at the time was to expose all the lies and controversies within Portuguese clubs. Last summer’s transfer market was the most intense ever in Portugal, there were some shocking transfers, for example Jorge Jesus move from Benfica to Sporting, controversy and many unanswered questions, mostly involving Sporting Lisbon. We decided to help the people understand what really happened so we focused on unmasking that. And fortunately we were able to go even further thanks to our sources. 

[..]
It seems that Third-Party-Ownership is your main topic. If so, how come?

In our opinion there is huge lack of information surrounding those Investment funds. Their existence inside football raises important issues in terms of potential conflicts of interests and match fixing. And of course there’s the risk of money laundering and other criminal activities. Those funds only have a financial interest, which clearly leads to contractual instability between football clubs and players.

worth reading in full
http://www.11freunde.de/interview/interview-football-leaks
http://www.11freunde.de/interview/exklusiv-football-leaks-im-interview

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Football Leaks and their revelations Empty Re: Football Leaks and their revelations

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:46 pm

Third-party ownership is banned for a good reason in all sensible leagues. Good on this group if they manage to shed more light on third-party ownership problems.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Football Leaks and their revelations Empty Re: Football Leaks and their revelations

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:54 pm

Whaaaat? Kroos agreement is in gross amounts? How weird. You mad Hopeless Hans? Laughing Laughing
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:55 pm

Every league has dabbled in 3rd party ownership
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:03 am

I f*ucks with third party ownership tbh.
Good for dirt poor teams to get some quick cash , good for other  dirt poor teams to get players they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford, and good for hungry investors to make some money .

No downside at all . :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:04 am

free_cat wrote:Whaaaat? Kroos agreement is in gross amounts? How weird. You mad Hopeless Hans? Laughing Laughing

This again :facepalm:
Hans and I, and everyone else, knew and said this. Kroos gets 11 gross at madrid, thats around ~6 net. Hans said that the very top earners at bayern get around 7 net. Kroos was not a top earner in bayern, so he left for madrid and got a raise to 6 net (11 gross).
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:35 am

rincon wrote:
free_cat wrote:Whaaaat? Kroos agreement is in gross amounts? How weird. You mad  Hopeless Hans? Laughing Laughing

This again :facepalm:
Hans and I, and everyone else, knew and said this. Kroos gets 11 gross at madrid, thats around ~6 net. Hans said that the very top earners at bayern get around 7 net. Kroos was not a top earner in bayern, so he left for madrid and got a raise to 6 net (11 gross).

free_cat Laughing

At the time of the negotiations, our absolute top earners (Lahm, Ribéry, probably Schweinsteiger) were reportedly at ~12m gross.
Kroos was in fact still at 4m gross, due to his contract stemming from before when he was 19 or 20.

Götze joined us and immediately got apparently the same, or close to the same, as our top earners.
Sharing the same agent, Kroos demanded the same too (close to 12m) while we were apparently only offering to double his salary (8m, surely we'd have given him 9m or so).
He got what he wanted at Real.

Let's see where the carousel will take him next season, I have the feeling he won't still be at Real after summer :coffee:

Anyway, you can never be sure about reported wages etc, so all the above numbers are but informed speculation, but the leak about Kroos wages pretty much confirms the numbers that were floating around and shows there were pretty exact.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:27 am

I'm not talking about Kroos wages, I don't care about them. I'm talking about how you were so sure that all the numbers were in "net" and now it is cristal clear that Clubs pay gross salary as you can see in Kross contract.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:30 am

pls stop.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:05 am

Pls don't stop this amazing discussion. Its as interesting as watching flies screw each other. Pls continue

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:07 am

You could always add something on topic, pij.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:15 am

-25% Insults

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:19 am

Surely that's -25% for personal insult.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:08 am

Warning level reduced for insulting oneself would be a new high in GL's illustrious history.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:19 am

Add to the topic/discussion. I see '-25% Insults' rofl
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:34 am

free_cat wrote:I'm not talking about Kroos wages, I don't care about them. I'm talking about how you were so sure that all the numbers were in "net" and now it is cristal clear that Clubs pay gross salary as you can see in Kross contract.
me right now after reading this

https://media.giphy.com/media/6q4RAaZxpFrd6/giphy.gif
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:39 am

Pirloisjesus wrote:-25% Insults

Wtf  rofl
Actually am thankful to mods tbh. Noone has stood up for me ever if someone hads insulted me. That love for me :bow:

Last edited by Pirloisjesus on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:39 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:pls stop.

rofl

Incredible stuff from free
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:47 am

on another note

the word is 'revelations', isn't it

not 'relevations'..

guess I'll go and edit that then
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:52 am

Now that's literally adding something on topic. Pirloisjudas could learn from that, instead of shouting abuse.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:55 am

In my defence no one ever has punished me for abusing myself. OK my parents have but that time I was teenager ffs

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:18 pm

Anyway.

2 pages of this thread about whistleblowers making loads of documents public.
And this is all we can come up.. ?

Noone interested in the issue?

Today they leaked Real Madrid's contract with De Gea from last summer as well as some RFEF contract document about De Gea and Madrid.
https://footballleaks2015.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/david-de-geas-failed-transfer-to-real-madrid/

It's both bad quality scans and in Spanish so I can't read a word, what I wonder however what this RFEF contract says about the failed transfer?
Does this document support Real's version that the failure was due to mess ups at Man United's end?

Can anybody who understands about tis give an answer?

More generally, I'd like to know.

- do you welcome these sort of leaks and revelations? (I do)
- do you think it's right for them to also publish individual player's contracts, like Özil's or Kroos', which are not documenting shady TPO deals?
- they say this is to reveal the amount of clauses, extra payments etc happening in football right now, and they also advocate complete transparency with regards to tranfers, payments, contracts, wages (they favour some official database). Do you agree?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:45 pm

Some more transparency with regards to what you mentioned couldn't hurt i guess , i think it's an interesting proposition , but something tells me clubs are happy with the way things are .

They would certainly face way more criticism from media and fans if every detail on contracts was public knowledge . For this reason alone , i very much doubt anything will change on that front .

Can't deny it's interesting taking a look at these things , but other than that , is it really anyone else's business to actually know about these things in detail ? Does this happen elsewhere as a standard ?

It would certainly make clubs be much more careful with the details they put in there , not sure if contracts being public knowledge would prevent any deal that's to be had . Or ?

Like i said , it's certainly something you don't see every day , but in the end , is it really anyone's business to actually know ? This is something between the parties involved , unless there's an issue which leads to court , it's entirely between them . Playing the devil's advocate , i could say there's transparency in front of the law as it is .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:04 am

I'm personally more keen to see how agents are involved in all of this with their fees, approach and whatnot, i feel there's a lot of shady things we don't know about in that regard
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:46 am

Why should these deals be public knowledge if the clubs aren't public institutions?

Clubs are largely private entities, so these deals don't need to be any more transparent than the trading terms between P&G and Walmart.

I enjoy reading them as a matter of interest, but I certainly don't think that the general public has any right to intimate knowledge of the commercial dealings between clubs.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next