Kaladin
RealGunner
Robespierre
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rudi Garcia Sack Watch  - Page 3 Empty Re: Rudi Garcia Sack Watch

Post by Kaladin Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:40 pm

I don't think Spalletti is that bad of an appointment as some might think, when he was at Roma he made the best out of a very bad team, i mean, they had players like Antunes, Cicinho, Cassetti, Brighi, Tavano, Okaka, Sartor, Kharja, etc and still went toe to toe with Madrid, Lyon and Chelsea. All while playing some great football.

However, I don't think he would be able to turn the season around

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:15 pm

He had also prime Totti (nothing to add about it) ,  prime De Rossi ( rated as the Italian Steven Gerrard at that period. Yes he was GOAT at that time , not the Fraud seen in last 4 years :facepalm: ) , prime Pizarro (he was amazing )  tbh
Anyway he is a good choice, and mainly it was the favorite choice by Roma fans. They litterally love him.
Mancini - Inter , Spalletti - Roma , it just misses Ranieri-Juve hmm smoking
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Ranieri is too good for Juve now imo :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Robespierre wrote:He had also prime Totti (nothing to add about it) ,  prime De Rossi ( rated as the Italian Steven Gerrard at that period. Yes he was GOAT at that time , not the Fraud seen in last 4 years :facepalm: ) , prime Pizarro (he was amazing )  tbh
Anyway he is a good choice, and mainly it was the favorite choice by Roma fans. They litterally love him.
Mancini - Inter , Spalletti - Roma , it just misses Ranieri-Juve hmm smoking

Yeah, Totti was godly back then, so was DDR and Pizarro, Juan even, also Mancini and Vucinic. But, i seem to recall some utter dross in the squad back then, guys like Barusso, Esposito, Doni, Defendi, Wilhelmsson, Rosi, Baptista, etc. i loved the football they played under Spalletti. With Vuci as a pseudo striker on the left and Totti dropping deep with Mancini surging forward. That team just clicked on its day, but that day was sporadic imo, they were inconsistent, and had an injury crisis in mid 07/08 as well which somewhat stalled them.

That being said Roma is not that lucrative of a destination for most high profile coaches. The pressure/expectations are enormous, the fans are fickle, and they don't have deep pockets. It certainly slims the potential coaches pool. Even so, Spalletti is a decent option, for the time being at least. He is a joke in CL/EL though, we destroyed his Zenit home and away, and apparently he got into a scuffle with Hulk after our match against them because he subbed him out lol. But yeah, for the time being, a decent option.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:53 pm

ES wrote:I don't think Spalletti is that bad of an appointment as some might think, when he was at Roma he made the best out of a very bad team, i mean, they had players like Antunes, Cicinho, Cassetti, Brighi, Tavano, Okaka, Sartor, Kharja, etc and still went toe to toe with Madrid, Lyon and Chelsea. All while playing some great football.

Poor man's Allegri tbh. He had Oniewu, Strasser, Antonini, Emanuelson, Taiwo, Bakaye Traorè, Bonera etc and actually won the league and would have won again if it wasn't for that Muntari goal.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:56 pm

ES wrote:I don't think Spalletti is that bad of an appointment as some might think, when he was at Roma he made the best out of a very bad team, i mean, they had players like Antunes, Cicinho, Cassetti, Brighi, Tavano, Okaka, Sartor, Kharja, etc and still went toe to toe with Madrid, Lyon and Chelsea. All while playing some great football.

Lol these were mostly fringe players over a period of 3/4 years.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:01 am

Katy Perry wrote:

Poor man's Allegri tbh. He had Oniewu, Strasser, Antonini, Emanuelson, Taiwo, Bakaye Traorè, Bonera etc and actually won the league and would have won again if it wasn't for that Muntari goal.

Except when he won the league he did not have the likes of Taiwo and Traore but he had prime Zlatan, prime Pato (dont flame pls), a decent Cassano and Robinho and a defence of Nesta and Silva.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:05 am

From Roma Press' John Solano

Despite his future being in doubt, Rudi Garcia will lead Roma during their training session today.
Meanwhile, Walter Sabatini has arrived back to Trigoria after spending parts of yesterday in Perugia and Florence. He is expected to have lunch with Garcia, where the manager will learn his fate: Luciano Spalletti is ready.

Both CarloZampa.it and Sky Sport have reported that Luciano Spalletti is flying Miami to meet with Roma president James Pallotta and general director Mauro Baldissoni. Spalletti’s flight from Paris to Miami will take off at 13.50 CET.

Reportedly, Spalletti will board a flight bound for Miami via Paris and will arrive later today in the US to meet with Roma’s hierarchy. Spalletti will then return to Italy tomorrow where he is expected to be named the new manager of Roma.

Roma have, according to Sky Sport, asked Primavera manager Alberto De Rossi (father of Daniele) to train the first team this week until Luciano Spalletti arrives, which is expected on Thursday.
This all but confirms that Rudi Garcia’s time in the capital is over: he is ready to salute Roma as the club is ready to name Luciano Spalletti his successor.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:15 pm

A report from SportMediaset in the latest minutes claims Roma manager Rudi Garcia has saluted Trigoria and his team and will not be in charge for tomorrow’s training session.

The Frenchman, according to the report, has already said his goodbyes and will be sacked. In his place, Alberto De Rossi will conduct tomorrow’s training before the arrival of Luciano Spalletti, who will touch-down in Miami, Florida, United States at 23.55 CET (17.55 local time) to meet with James Pallotta, Italo Zanzi, and Mauro Baldissoni. It’s expected an agreement will be found and Spalletti will be the new manager of Roma.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:33 am

sacked
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:18 am

Plenty of Ligue 1 clubs would be on alert.

He's still a very decent manager.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:46 am

He's going to end up at OM... and i'd be happy with that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:11 am

Remember the 10 game winning streak?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:52 am

That was simply unforgettable. Firmly in club lore now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat May 29, 2021 7:41 am

Trash bag of a human being.

Left on a sour note as everyone had predicted. Laughing
farfan
farfan