LeBĂ©ninois
Cruijf
Valkyrja
Lucifer
McAgger
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Top 5 Managers in the world today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 5 Managers in the world today?

Post by rwo power Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:19 am

Is a coach only good if he has won something? What about those who are very good, but coach underdog teams or youth teams and make players better there? *just curious*

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Managers in the world today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 5 Managers in the world today?

Post by titosantill Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:19 am

great point rwo. its difficult to rate a coach, cos the players still have to perform. and if you have the best players with the deepest squads and little rivalries, its normal that your players will win you titles. i can't speak on youth teams cos i don't watch youth football, i like watching professionals. but in this era where top talent is highly concentrated in a handful of teams, i admire underdog coaches. even if atleti get relegated tomorrow, simeone still gets my props for what he's done there, he's totally changed their mentality. and i doubt many coaches could pull off what he's done at atleti.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:12 pm

I was thinking of Norbert Elgert from Schalke's Knappenschmiede. That guy churns out lots of really good youngsters every season, which is an achievement all on its own. He was offered the job to coach Schalke's seniors, but he declined as he prefered to work with the youngs ones. But does that make him a bad coach? I would say not at all.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Moyes.
Woy.
Pardieux.
Fat Sam.
AVB.

Admit it. What will GL be without them? Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Honorable mention: Brenda.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Oh and I am not trolling. OP only says 'Top 5'. No boundary condition of Top 5 in what explicitly specified.

I am thinking outta the box and going for 'Top 5 for GL Bantz' category :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:48 pm

Dunno about best, we dont see 90% (random estimation) of what the coach actually does.

My favourites are Pep, Klopp, Allegri, Jorge Jesus and Simeone.

Not for the football their teams play, otherwise Klopp and Simeone wouldnt make it as my favourites..but I admire their ideas and what they seem to transmit to their teams.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:11 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Guardiola needs to be destroyed 3 times in a row in the CL semi finals to finally prove that he's overrated?

:facepalm: Are you 12 years old or something?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:17 pm

linetty wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Guardiola needs to be destroyed 3 times in a row in the CL semi finals to finally prove that he's overrated?

Sorry, he won 3 BuLi's in a row, and he's on course to win as many as how many years he decides to stay. Greatest manager in the world :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Okay, you just dispelled any doubts I had. You're actually twelve.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:00 pm

Oh shit how did I forget Allegri

Yea he is definitely top 5

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
linetty wrote:

Sorry, he won 3 BuLi's in a row, and he's on course to win as many as how many years he decides to stay. Greatest manager in the world :bow:

So, we agree CR is overrated then also, 2 titles in 6 years, while he flopped the rest of the time...how many more years does he have to go without winning much before people realize this.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:05 am

I believe Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourinho and Wenger (in no particular order) will pick themselves. Klopp, Simeone and BenĂ­tez (in that particular order) will scramble for the last spot.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:08 am

If thread was about all time top managers would SAF be uninamously voted top or GL has some other views hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 am

@pirlo, nope, not imo. great manager definitely, an all time great especially for his longevity and the fact his united side grew, became garbage (after becks), grew again, became meh (after cristiano), and in that time they were meh, they still won a lot. so he's had world class teams and also meh/above average teams and still done okay. plus you can see his chess moves when playing against stronger sides

won't put him ahead of the italian thinkers capello, trap, lippi, sacchi, or even ancelotti (regardless of last season); Hitzfeld, heynckes. i'd put them all on similar level. but i'm wary of saying one coach is the best. i don't believe in 1 greatest player of all time (u can have ure personal greatest though), so i definitely don't believe in one greatest coach....and before anyone goes "well alex only had 2 ucl's in 20something years, there are coaches with ucl titles i don't really rate
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Mourinho
Pep
Klopp
Simeone
Ancelotti

HM: Conte
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2