ÖMARz
BarrileteCosmico
El Chelsea Fuerte
Albiceleste
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you agree with capital punishment?

Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty Vote_lcap53%Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty Voting_bar 53% 
[ 20 ]
Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty Vote_lcap42%Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty Voting_bar 42% 
[ 16 ]
Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty Vote_lcap5%Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty Voting_bar 5% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 38

Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty Empty Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty

Post by Albiceleste Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:50 am

:coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty Empty Re: Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:58 am

Murderers and other obvious criminals should just die. You're wasting tax payers' money keeping them.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty Empty Re: Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:00 am

By killing murderers we prove we are no better than them.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:06 am

World population is over 7 billion

We should start just kill anyone who gets a prison sentence of 20 years or more

Waste of money, space and time keeping these people alive

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:08 am

A person who commits murder deserves to be killed. Do you guys really think that imprisoning them makes them a better person? Pft yer right, they'll simply go on to murder inmates.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:15 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:By killing murderers we prove we are no better than them.

And why is that?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:16 am

english_jewel wrote:Murderers and other obvious criminals should just die. You're wasting tax payers' money keeping them.

At least in the US, you're wrong.

Turns out, it is cheaper to imprison killers for life than to execute them, according to a series of recent surveys. Tens of millions of dollars cheaper, politicians are learning, during a tumbling recession when nearly every state faces job cuts and massive deficits.
Source
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:37 am

All you need is a rope, or a bullet and gun.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:04 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:By killing murderers we prove we are no better than them.

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:05 am

With the exponential growth of world population, very soon almost everyone will be for death penalty.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:06 am

Death penalty is too easy, imo.

Rest of life in prison >>> Death

Moreover, if you're a murderer you probably realize there's a chance you might end up dead yourself. So these people - not all of them but likely the majority - are aware that their crimes could lead to their own death, whether that is a death penalty by authorities, killed by police or while committing your crimes. If they still, realizing this, do commit those crimes, they must have acted so knowing the risks. There must be some acceptance, that "what I'm about to do might be the death of me". In those cases, I don't see how a death penalty is much of a punishment at all. I sort of see death as something, that has no negative sides to the dying, because nothing really matters at that point, it's just going to be the End. It's the people who care for you that suffer the most if you die.

Therefore I consider a life in prison to be a greater punishment than death.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:08 am

I would go for Chinese death penalty for rapists who kill their victims.

You get a women or a child who is getting raped, and they have this slim hope to survive. And then the *bleep* murderer kills them, most of the times using slow methods.

I would totally go for an old Chinese death penalty for those guys.

Also, the part on the death penalty being more expensive is BS. Fact is that Texas spent less on their prisoners than most other states.

Also, the nice prisons they have in Europe and some parts of the U.S. don't constitute enough punishment for the refuse of the earth.

I would not go for the death penalty for every murderer, as there are anger murders, self-defense murders, and other types. Also, strong evidence needs to be available for the death penalty to be an option. Being in law, I am very well aware of the situation, and some murderers simply need to die. I would hope very painfully, because the pain they caused their victims and their victims families is beyond repair.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:13 am

Lord Spencer wrote:I would go for Chinese death penalty for rapists who kill their victims.

You get a women or a child who is getting raped, and they have this slim hope to survive. And then the *bleep* murderer kills them, most of the times using slow methods.

I would totally go for an old Chinese death penalty for those guys.

Also, the part on the death penalty being more expensive is BS. Fact is that Texas spent less on their prisoners than most other states.

Also, the nice prisons they have in Europe and some parts of the U.S. don't constitute enough punishment for the refuse of the earth.

I would not go for the death penalty for every murderer, as there are anger murders, self-defense murders, and other types. Also, strong evidence needs to be available for the death penalty to be an option. Being in law, I am very well aware of the situation, and some murderers simply need to die. I would hope very painfully, because the pain they caused their victims and their victims families is beyond repair.

This.^^

Ive seen some prisons that look like they are a bloody luxury to be in, free meals, gym, BB courts, Sport grounds, TV in their rooms, clean toilets.

total bullshit.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dansik Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:36 am

Art Morte wrote:Death penalty is too easy, imo.

Moreover, if you're a murderer you probably realize there's a chance you might end up dead yourself. So these people - not all of them but likely the majority - are aware that their crimes could lead to their own death, whether that is a death penalty by authorities, killed by police or while committing your crimes. If they still, realizing this, do commit those crimes, they must have acted so knowing the risks. There must be some acceptance, that "what I'm about to do might be the death of me". In those cases, I don't see how a death penalty is much of a punishment at all. I sort of see death as something, that has no negative sides to the dying, because nothing really matters at that point, it's just going to be the End. It's the people who care for you that suffer the most if you die.

I don't think you quite comprehend just how final death is. You're dead. It's not an out because you can't enjoy it, you just cease to be alive. While in prison, you're still fed 3 times a day, given rec time, able to hang out with your craphhead friends, get visitors, see family...the list goes on. Maybe prison is actually a worse punishment in 3rd world countries, but again....death is death. There's no worse punishment than that.

dansik
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:42 am

dansik wrote:

I don't think you quite comprehend just how final death is. You're dead. It's not an out because you can't enjoy it, you just cease to be alive. While in prison, you're still fed 3 times a day, given rec time, able to hang out with your craphhead friends, get visitors, see family...the list goes on. Maybe prison is actually a worse punishment in 3rd world countries, but again....death is death. There's no worse punishment than that.

clearly you havent read harry potter as many times in the books the great dumbledoor reminds us that ther are somethings worse then death
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:46 am

fatman123 wrote:
dansik wrote:

clearly you havent read harry potter as many times in the books the great dumbledoor reminds us that ther are somethings worse then death
I think he only says it once, though.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm

zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Depends, In 3rd world countries like mine where prisons are shit, overcrowded, controlled by drug lords and pretty much a worse place to have criminals in rather than running around, since it's like a crime party; I approve of the death penalty.

Even the small time guys go out in no time and are back in business without much problems. Hell, they probably do even better than before after meeting all those superstars in prison.

The law needs to be actually respected in a country for the prison system to work.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:29 pm

The only thing I fear about death penalties is that there may be some falsely convicted people out there who haven't had a fair trial. I know the scenario is pretty unlikely but there's still a risk, I suppose.

I also don't get the argument that we're no better than prisoners because we kill them off. I think death is an easy route for someone who butchered another person. Prison may have become a sort of luxury in some western countries but convicts are still deprived of their freedom. If we were to equal murderers we'd have to inflict a lot more damage to them than just giving them a death injection or the electric chair.

On the other hand, a lot of convicts are pure psychopaths. They probably don't value freedom at all nor is it necessary for them. They probably don't care that they're imprisoned at all because they don't have the same emotional health as regular people.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:43 pm

did I make this thread in this forum or the last one?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:54 pm

U are completely underestimating the physiological punishment .The knowledge that u are going to die in few days is highly excruciating and more painful than any long term imprisonment.

There is nothing worse than knowing the day u are going to die.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:04 pm

So u are saying that u should show terrorist who kills 100s of children and women cold bloodedly without any mercy should be given mercy otherwise we are as bad as those who kill children without mercy?
:facepalm:

What if in a scenario a person kills a psycho in self defense to save him children? Is he then as bad the psycho because he tried to save his children?

Sorry all these arguments that we are no better than them if he give capital punishment are pathetic.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:24 pm

I've always thought that we, as humans, were capable of being absolutely creative and innovative beings. We've proved this so many times in terms of technology.

Why, in all these thousands of years of civilized existence, do we still see death as the natural punishment for death? Why do we still conform to this "an eye for an eye" mentality?

We're better than that, I like to think.

I absolutely think that there can be worse things than death.

We're just either too lazy or too afraid to actually explore that concept.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:29 pm

ÖMARz wrote:A person who commits murder deserves to be killed. Do you guys really think that imprisoning them makes them a better person? Pft yer right, they'll simply go on to murder inmates.

So true.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:48 pm

McLewis wrote:I've always thought that we, as humans, were capable of being absolutely creative and innovative beings. We've proved this so many times in terms of technology.

Why, in all these thousands of years of civilized existence, do we still see death as the natural punishment for death? Why do we still conform to this "an eye for an eye" mentality?

We're better than that, I like to think.

I absolutely think that there can be worse things than death.

We're just either too lazy or too afraid to actually explore that concept.

Its not not eye for eye mentality.Its just safe guarding the civilized world from uncivilized animals.

And there may be worse things than death but capital punishment is the most efficient way of achieving that.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next