chad4401
Valkyrja
halamadrid2
44 posters

Page 16 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next

Go down

Preseason discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Preseason discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:28 am

I dont think our defenders even tried to defend. All goals bar one would never have happened in a competitive game. Ramos never let people run at him without pushing him away or slide tackling and that 2nd goal, please if they did that in a competitive game they should go and train with the B team for all I care

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:19 am

Moratas problems are mainly positional though sports. If he can learn a few things from BBC while being a reliable backup I'm all for it. He has quick feet and speed to burn. Needs to be more physical sometimes, he's pretty damn weak
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:24 am

His finishing is bad too Fennec.  That's a big problem.  I was excited at first when i saw him at Juve...  but he never improved there.  Everything you see today is exactly in the same place as it was 2 years ago.

THAT SAID, better than nothing.  I just hope he at least improves his finishing because that's going to be a killer if it doesn't. I also hope he is able to score in a few big games like he did at Juve.

Man i wish we had gone after Alcacer.  I really like him on the other hand.  Unlike Morata, i think he could eventually become starter material for a big team.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:33 am

It's hard to judge his finishing because he never even gets into positions to finish Laughing that's what gets me
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:39 am

Remember the 1v1 yesterday? That's been his issue even at Juve. He can't shake that hesitancy in those situations, the few times he gets to them.

Where he's relatively ok is in poacher situations where it's crowded and he doesn't think... just puts his foot in or his head in. Struggles when he gets the ball, needs to control and put on a striker move to open up his shot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:41 am

On the positive side, Kroos and Bale look damn good.  Modric was a mixed bag though.

Marcelo kills me however. His defense is awful. Our entire defense was playing with gloves on yday so ok for this game. But would it kill him to at least get into defensive position sometimes? Sheesh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:03 am

Kovacic has been really impressive this preseason. His acceleration speed and close control is second to none for a midfielder. It might sound like an exaggeration for a player who cant make the first XI but that is what i feel about him when i watch him make those runs. He can run through the whole midfield.
But his major problem is that he is always trying to go for the spectacular pass and mis-times or mis-hits his passes.

I see him developing into a more rounded midfielder than modric and possibly the best in his position.
Only time will tell.

Last edited by shadexticos on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:05 am

I think Kovacic and danilo will be the surprise players this season.
Expect Asensio to have an average season if the coach insists on putting him on the left.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:35 am

I agree. We should play Lucas on the left and Asensio on the right.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:12 am

You'd be stifling Lucas' effectiveness if you put him on the left. He is strictly an out and out winger. Kova did really well yesterday and against Sevilla. What I saw yesterday was a guy taking initiative on the ball, without Kroos and Modric he was dropping back to become the go to guy for our CBs and Casemiro. Time will tell if he really has improved or whether these two games were just one-offs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:18 am

I'm still nervous as hell with only having Casemiro as a DM. If he goes down, what the hell are we going to do ffs... and please nobody say Kroos can play the deep role.

Flo... go out there and get another thug midfielder please. Marcelo doesn't defend. This position is basically a CB because Ramos spends most of his time playing LB anyhow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 am

Matuidi would be interesting in that regard he can play left back in emergencies lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:49 am

Lucas vasquez is one of those few players that gives an equal performance if you put him on the left.
So why have one guy playing at 80% of his potential and the other at 40% (120) when you can have an 80% 80% or at worst 70% 80%.

If you ask me, Asensio has been average. He is just a new toy and such a cute boy, everything he does is golden.
He has so much more, I am so frustrated watching him on the left.
All he did and has been doing is pass the ball back to marcelo, pass in-field or swing an almost-perfect cross in to nobody.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:01 pm

That's how most wingers play lol, he is not going to dribble 2-3 players on every touch even if you play him on the right. Yes he could be more dangerous 1v1 on the right and he will get there but this is nothing dramatic lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:54 am

I don't get this obsession with playing wingers on opposite flanks. Inverted wingers kill off width we have, it doesn't matter if asensio or whoever is dribbling 1-2 players, no width no chances. You see the difference when the wingers actually stay wide and create chances for the CF. bale is an exception, he prefers to cross inswingers instead

Which is why I am a bit worried with morata like sports said. I mean, how can you have playmakers around you and not get chances/make the right runs. And when you do, you fluff the finish. Benzema needs to be back asap. He's so much more clinical then we give him credit for
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:15 pm

if a player is good at dribbling, shooting and passing, then the whole inverted winger thing can work. but everybody is not robben, not every winger is going to be able to run at defenders and go for goal with his stronger foot. i'd say the wingers should focus on improving their ability to cross the ball before tasking themselves with other skills akin to wingers playing on opposite sides. besides, their job will primarily be to feed the ball in, you're not robben and you're not going to be taking that many shots with bale or cristiano around
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:49 pm

I don't think inverted wingers are the problem.

Inverted wingers are good for our shape for the most part - we have Carvajal who likes to run down the line. And Marcelo to an extent, though he cuts in as well.

It's a matter of finding the right player. Some players do better as out-and-out wingers, some do better as inverted wingers. The players behind the forward line are versatile enough to adjust to either play-style.

Guys- crosses will come, we have decent crossers of the ball, we know this. Crossing isn't something that is wiped from memory never to be developed again. It's just pre-season and we need to remember that things take time.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:09 pm

my thing is, these are bench players we're talking about. when they come into games, i want them to have an impact, but we can't expect robben-esque type football. i'm more interested in them playing the position they are familiar with. i agree it isn't the problem, there are other issues to focus on, however i know people expect that "since robben bale cristiano rvp messi dinho et al play on the opposite side and can shoot, it should be the modus operanda"...regardless of who the players are
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:30 pm

I have confidence that the bench players we have will improve (plus I don't think they have been as bad as people have mentioned). We definitely can't expect the level of cutting in that you described, but who would expect that, these are bench players for a reason.

We are lucky to have young eager talent coming off the bench for our attack. I wish we had maybe one more forward to cover any absences, but other than that I think we are good there. It's midfield and defense we should really be worrying about.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:11 am

Our team is pretty balanced, except some of the bench boys or even first teamers flop really bad and make us start considering our decision not to buy someone. If the first XI can produce the same performance as last season and the bench boys do the same or go one better, then we are in for a good season.
But i expect everyone to have improved at least by one notch.
Morata and james are my only concerns...

Most especially, i am excited about Kovacic. There is a way a moves with the ball and passes it,he gives the feeling that he can do all things - replicate a messi, ronaldo, iniesta and modric moment.
Oh, he replicated a modric moment with the Mariano pass vs Reims

We just need to start the season with a bang!

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:24 am

Regarding Morata's situation, has anyone followed Mayoral at Wolfsburg this preseason ? Imo he's a better player
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:32 am

he just left. Have they started playing already?
I rated Morata highly but its too early to grade him.
We have so many promising strikers out there - mariano, Mayoral, Sergio Diaz, and we are not done yet.
One of them must come good

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:09 pm

Given Benz continual injury, they have put a hold on any loan for Mariano and are considering keeping him on the roster. That leaves forwards reserves as Morata, Mariano, Lucas plus any of the AMs; Asensio, James and Isco.

For those of you questioning Asensio and others on wrong side, consider Zidane is looking at versatility, meaning he is trying his bench strength at different positions. This experimentation is much more important in pre season than a tactical lineup.

And for Sports and others that seem to constantly criticize most of the Spanish players on club, consider who would possibly replace them, given we are near the minimum in terms of Spanish quota.

And please stop saying Alcacer is better. He didn't even make NT, let alone starter.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:29 am

I'm gonna have to be with sports on this one bill. He's not being bias. Maybe if morata had the goal scoring record of a striker and not a center mid we won't question his ability
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:37 am

I've a feeling this is James year
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Thibaut Courtois; Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo; Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, Isco; Asensio, Karim Benzema, Eden Hazard.

Tibo and Asensio starting......FML
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next