Kaladin
Robespierre
Freeza
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
73 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 6 Empty Re: Higuain is the greatest choker of our times

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:31 am

sorry elitedam, couldn't resist.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 6 Empty Re: Higuain is the greatest choker of our times

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Should retire from NT tbh.

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 6 AJMftUy
Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 6 0DtIjb4

Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 6 MhiCx2v
Higuain is the greatest choker of our times - Page 6 ZjTfd4T
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:08 pm

El Gunner wrote:Then some fans want us to sign this joker choker Laughing

This is the number 1 thing I can think of right now. All the time I see Arsenal fans talking about "we need a WC striker" and then mention Higuain.

I would rather have Giroud, honestly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Messi just needs to also become Argie's coach. Tata is trash.

Why rest tevez ffs. Why play higs in a high pressure match ffs.

Still havent forgiven Higs for his botch job against Germany.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:

This is the number 1 thing I can think of right now. All the time I see Arsenal fans talking about "we need a WC striker" and then mention Higuain.

Maybe because there are not many options better than Higuain in the market let alone world class. I would take Higuain over no one easily.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:15 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Maybe because there are not many options better than Higuain in the market let alone world class. I would take Higuain over no one easily.

I disagree, strongly.

There are not many better names than Higuain, but I am very sure there are better strikers.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Then suggest some names who are available this summer and willing to come to Arsenal.

Only one I can think off is Lyon's Lacazette and even he had one total great season compared to Higuain. Atleast Higuain GUARANTEES you 20 goals per season and doesn't slow down our build up play.

Keep in mind that Higuain scored 24 goals this season with a weaker Napoli, including goals against Juventus, Roma and Lazio (top 3) while contributing in the Europa League aswell.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:59 pm

There was literally not a single bit of difference between Messi's Copa & Hazard at Chelsea. Messi, Barca's & the Champions' League all time top scorer gets praised for his all round performances despite scoring just a solitary penalty in 6 games while Hazard gets criticized for not scoring enough.

We all expected Barca's Messi the matchwinner not Eden Hazard. Disappointing tourney from Leo. Very good but not quite Diego.

I've been calling Higuain a bottler since 2010, now suddenly Messi's beaten everyone has finally caught up to reality. No excuses for Messi, he had Argentina's best squad ever & is coming off an injury free treble winning season. He should have done much better.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Come on, you know the names already.

Does it matter how many seasons Lacazette has had? Either he will do better or not, I know I would rather see him try then watch the inevitable Higuain flopping every important moment.

What good is 20 goals when it comes time to win things, he messes up all up?

Would even rather see what Walcott can do.

Would have rather seen what various young guys could do, Vietto, Dybala (too late for both now obviously), Icardi, im sure there are more I cant think of right now.

Hell, I would rather have seen what Jackson could do at that level.

So many names who people will tell you "no, not proven" meanwhile they join someone else and do good things.

Name any "proven" striker in the world, at some point some genius told the world they arent proven...Suarez, Aguero, Benzema...heard it said about them all.

And yes your right, Higuain doesnt slow your build up play, but he starts counters for the opponent quite well.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:19 pm

Gil wrote:There was literally not a single bit of difference between Messi's Copa & Hazard at Chelsea. Messi, Barca's & the Champions' League all time top scorer gets praised for his all round performances despite scoring just a solitary penalty in 6 games while Hazard gets criticized for not scoring enough.

We all expected Barca's Messi the matchwinner not Eden Hazard. Disappointing tourney from Leo. Very good but not quite Diego.

I've been calling Higuain a bottler since 2010, now suddenly Messi's beaten everyone has finally caught up to reality. No excuses for Messi, he had Argentina's best squad ever & is coming off an injury free treble winning season. He should have done much better.

M99 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:One of the biggest reason why Messi is missing a WC in his collection

Second biggest reason. Biggest reason is Messi himself.

Messi just is not the Barca Messi when he plays for Argentina. He is still a great player, on the level of Hazard at Chelsea but he does not show the performance which won him so many Balon D Ors. And there is no one to blame more than Messi himself on that.

Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Gil wrote:

yeah.....like the rest of the world .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Can we please stop hyping Hazard for christ sake.

Has Hazard got to 2 finals? let alone even get close lmao.

He can't even beat Wales or PSG ffs, also the vast overrating of this Argentina team has to stop.... does it have great talent? yes but just take back and look at the teams that ended in both of those finals.

Zabaleta-Demichelis-Otamendi-Rojo
Biglia-Mascherano-Banega
Messi-Higuain-Lavezzi

Zabaleta-Demichelis-Garay-Rojo
Biglia-Mascherano-Gago
Messi-Palacio-Aguero

DEM ALL TIME GREAT ARGENTINA TEAMS :bow:

And everyone admits Aguero wasn't fit at the time and Lavezzi was taken off at half time.

DAT ALL TIME GREAT ARGENTINA TEAM :bow:

Look they should have won both really if they played to their best but stop acting like the very best team was available or chosen, for one reason or another in both finals they had a team which was far weaker than their best possible team.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:47 pm

He's a useless so and so.

Don't know why my previous comment got deleted, I thought it fitted him aptly.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:47 pm

The Franchise wrote:Come on, you know the names already.

Does it matter how many seasons Lacazette has had? Either he will do better or not, I know I would rather see him try then watch the inevitable Higuain flopping every important moment.

What good is 20 goals when it comes time to win things, he messes up all up?

Would even rather see what Walcott can do.

Would have rather seen what various young guys could do, Vietto, Dybala (too late for both now obviously), Icardi, im sure there are more I cant think of right now.

Hell, I would rather have seen what Jackson could do at that level.

So many names who people will tell you "no, not proven" meanwhile they join someone else and do good things.

Name any "proven" striker in the world, at some point some genius told the world they arent proven...Suarez, Aguero, Benzema...heard it said about them all.

And yes your right, Higuain doesnt slow your build up play, but he starts counters for the opponent quite well.

Not trying to argue who is better and who is not, point is there simply aren't that many options which is why Higuain is brought up in discussions among Arsenal fans.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Can we please stop hyping Hazard for christ sake.

He can't even beat Wales or PSG ffs, also the vast overrating of this Argentina team has to stop.... does it have great talent? yes but just take back and look at the teams that ended in both of those finals.

Biglia-Mascherano-Banega
Messi-Higuain-Lavezzi

Biglia-Mascherano-Gago
Messi-Palacio-Aguero

And everyone admits Aguero wasn't fit at the time and Lavezzi was taken off at half time.

Look they should have won both really if they played to their best but stop acting like the very best team was available or chosen, for one reason or another in both finals they had a team which was far weaker than their best possible team.

This is the worst argentina in last 30 years. All other teams had chemistry and team play. Just look at this goal from previous generation

This team cant even make 3 passes in a row
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Yeah, that's not true either lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Can we please stop hyping Hazard for christ sake.

Biglia-Mascherano-Banega
Messi-Higuain-Lavezzi

Biglia-Mascherano-Gago
Messi-Palacio-Aguero

I have seen so many things but trying to make the formation look bad by posting the after sub line up, the line up that finished the game Laughing Laughing Laughing what does that even mean. This attempt takes the cake.

The actual line up is

Zabaleta-Demichellis-Otamendi-Rojo

.......Biliga........Mascherano.......Pastore

Messi................Aguero................Di Maria
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Mole has no shame .

please tell us again how Velso-Meireles is better than Masch- Di maria please .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:05 pm

Except Di Maria went off at half time and Pastore was also subbed off.

That's my entire point, in both finals their better players were replaced by inferior ones when it mattered.

WC final was an example of that too, Lavezzi was wrecking Germany's right hand side and he was subbed for no apparent reason.

At no stage has their best team which everyone wanks over been picked, most of the time it wasn't even forced.

Their line up is irrelevant when majority of the game it's not like that, in the second half that wasn't the line up and neither was it in extra time.

And shock and horror they were much better in the first half.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:06 pm

farfan wrote:Mole has no shame .

Considering it's an actual CM partnership then it probably is yes hmm

Masch-Di Maria would be the worst midfield 2 ever lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:10 pm

But but but he needs more help narrative can't get you this far. He only scored 1 penalty in 6 games, that isn't good enough for a player that scored 58 for Barca this past season. Messi in a Barca kit would've won these games by himself like he always did for Pep rather than passing responsibility & blame unto others. He's the great & legendary Lionel Messi not the Argentine Eden Hazard.

This Argentina squad is comfortably better than any team they've had for at least the past 30-35 years. Hazard, Neymar & Ronaldo would swap their teammates for Tevez, Higuain, Pastore, Mascherano, Garay, Otamendi, Zabaleta, Di Maria, Banega, Kun etc in an instant.

Last edited by Gil on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:11 pm

also , why are some of you comparing current Argentina to past argentina generations instead of current NTs ?
an argument could be made that this current Argentina is the best national team in the world on paper .

Germany won last year's world cup with an out of form ,out of position Ozil .... a slow Khedira coming off a season long injury , a Shirley who was at best a super sub at Chelsea, not a single Bona fide striker save for 36 year old Klose etc...

stop making excuses for the most star studded team in football .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
farfan wrote:Mole has no shame .

Considering it's an actual CM partnership then it probably is yes hmm

Masch-Di Maria would be the worst midfield 2 ever lol.

i didn't mention Moutinho and Biglia because i had this feeling that you'd try and argue that Portugal's midfield would be better thanks to Moutinho's presence or some shit . :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:14 pm

On topic
No excuse for the penalty, but the one on one is not that bad tbh. Levazzi should have done better with the pass or he should have taken the shot himself.

http://gfycat.com/TalkativeVerifiableBobcat

But Higuain has a history of chocking though.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Gil wrote:But but but he needs more help narrative can't get you this far. He only scored 1 penalty in 6 games, that isn't good enough for a player that scored 58 for Barca this past season. Messi in a Barca kit would've won these games by himself like he always did for Pep rather than passing responsibility & blame unto others. He's the great & legendary Lionel Messi not the Argentine Eden Hazard.

This Argentina squad is comfortably better than any team they've had for at least the past 30-35 years. Hazard, Neymar & Ronaldo would swap their teammates for Tevez, Higuain, Pastore, Mascherano, Garay, Otamendi, Zabaleta, Di Maria, Banega, Kun etc in an instant.

Your missing the point though.... the squad is irrelevant when it's not being used. In both finals their team was nowhere near as good as your hyping it to be.

If Banega started every game, if Di Maria wasn't constantly injured, if they didn't consistently sub superior forwards for inferior ones when it matters you would have a point.

Hell none of those players i mentioned where there in the WC final Laughing You are living in an imaginary world where all their best players are playing all the time when the reality a lot of their average players are.

Also i'm not making excuses, i already said that they should be winning these games i'm just mentioning the facts. Not my fault that you are blind to what is in front of you because it negates the agenda.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:23 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I'm gonna go against the tide here. And say that whilst his NT career is finished. He can still be a factor @ club level if he can get a bit leaner and meaner. He needs a change of scenery.
Like you said, he will get you 20+ goals despite his choking. A League is won by being better than your rivals against the lesser sides which constitute 3/4 of the table. He'll get you goals against them, no prob. Just don't play him against the title contenders, or what you deem as high pressure fixtures. :coffee:
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next