DeletedUser#1
Curtinho
iftikhar
Art Morte
rwo power
25 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2

Post by Art Morte Wed 17 Jun 2015, 18:02

iftikhar wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:More and more potential, I hardly believe Rodgers would keep going at potential if hsi job was on the line, we know where this is coming from.
Well, Clyne has played over 100 PL games (I'm quite surprised actually) so he will be in the PL-Proven category :coffee: .

No he hasn't.

I'm hopeful Clyne can and will do well if he joins, but not excited.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Pt.2

Post by iftikhar Wed 17 Jun 2015, 19:14

Art Morte wrote:
iftikhar wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:More and more potential, I hardly believe Rodgers would keep going at potential if hsi job was on the line, we know where this is coming from.
Well, Clyne has played over 100 PL games (I'm quite surprised actually) so he will be in the PL-Proven category :coffee: .

No he hasn't.

I'm hopeful Clyne can and will do well if he joins, but not excited.
According to transfermarkt:

2014-15: 35 games-3146 mins
2013-14: 25 games-1862 mins
2012-13: 34 games-3019 mins
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 17 Jun 2015, 20:18

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 17 Jun 2015, 22:09

Signings I'm happy with: Joe Gomez
Signings I'm not happy with: Milner, Ings, Bogdan, Clyne

Another transfer window down the gutter. Benteke would be cherry on top for mediocrity.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 17 Jun 2015, 22:16

Don't call me James wrote:Signings I'm happy with: Joe Gomez

Another transfer window down the gutter. Benteke would be cherry on top for mediocrity.

Jesus.

The transfer window isn't even officially OPEN yet, but already down the gutter?

Whatever you think of those signings, what seems clear is that they didn't actually cost anything (except Clyne I assume) so you should have lots of money left for MORE transfers hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu 18 Jun 2015, 00:25

How can you not be happy with Milner, as long as he isn't our biggest signing, he'll be good, WTF is gomez going to do for us, his 4-5 years away from even being anything.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 18 Jun 2015, 00:28

Hapless_Hans wrote:

We, at Liverpool, have had one successful transfer window since 2008 and that was January 2013.

I'm used to it now...just numb feeling and the least excited ever I've been for a season.

If I knew we had a team capable of challenging, then this fixture list today would ahveb been amazing. All home games against top sides in second half of season, just like the 2013-14.

But It's pointless when you'll be battling for 6th place.

Bogdan, Ings, Clyne, Benteke, Milner.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

Jesus.

The transfer window isn't even officially OPEN yet, but already down the gutter?

Whatever you think of those signings, what seems clear is that they didn't actually cost anything (except Clyne I assume) so you should have lots of money left for MORE transfers hmm

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 18 Jun 2015, 00:35

I understand the negativity in general, but Clyne is great IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 18 Jun 2015, 01:15

Meh don't rate him. See how he does defensively when defensive pivot Wanyama and Shneiderlin ain't covering his ass when he goes forward. We already got one idiot attacking fullback who couldn't defend to save his life in Moreno. Lucas can only do so much by himself.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu 18 Jun 2015, 05:39

Yeah, and Henderson is awful defensively. That's why our right side was always so exposed.

Hrm...wait. Clyne and Henderson on the right will be just fine. Not really sure where you think we're going to get a better right back right now. In fact he's a pretty good fullback and this whole Wanyama/Schneiderlin thing is becoming stupid. Clyne brought more than enough to his side of the pitch and still has room to improve as he's young and athletic. In fact many people thought when there was all that hype around Chambers that Clyne was the better player and better talent.

Anyway, not going to go over Milner and Ings again, but there's nothing wrong with those signings. City offered him more but I'm sure any player City wants is not good enough for Liverpool. Obviously. Ings is a 22 year old striker who has scored nearly 40 goals over the last two seasons.

We'll see what else comes. The biggest issue is the main striker we'll need for next season and really the summer hinges on that signing I think (though I still think that we're already going to be better off in that aspect next season with Origi and Ings who fit a lot better than the static Balotelli and Lambert and the injured version of Sturridge). I'm optimistic about next season regardless.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 18 Jun 2015, 06:59

Yeah yeah if Liverpool signed Sepi tomorrow, you'll find positives in that. It's getting boring now.

I honestly had more optimism going into Woy's 2010-11 season than I do right now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu 18 Jun 2015, 07:03

The signings so far are very good for a team,

1. With a great starting squad since the likes of Ings, Clyne can be great depth.
2. With moderate aspiration since the likes of Ings, Clyne are good for 5-6 place.

I would still consider this window a success if we can a great striker and a CM/RW.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:08

The start to the window has been fine.

Milner is a good signing. If Clyne signs, he should do at least OK. The rest (Bogdan, Ings, Gomez) are almost free experiments and back-ups.

The real important one or two signings are still to come and it's them that will make this window either a good or bad one, so let's wait and see.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu 18 Jun 2015, 15:43

That's exactly what I'm saying. Although I've still no answer about the Clyne thing from people that are not happy about it. He's miles better than Glen Johnson and much more experienced and better than Manquillo. Rightback is probably the shallowest position in football so I don't see where we were going to get a better option (assuming he signs) right now. Why would Clyne be considered a depth player?

Milner and Ings were free and Milner is a good signing while Ings still has potential and is coming off a season where he scored more than anyone on Liverpool (not that that's hard, but 11 goals at 22 years old is a good haul, especially first season in the PL with Burnley).

Actually I was pretty hard on the Lallana and Lambert signings last year. I still think that there were better options but I do like Lallana as a player.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu 18 Jun 2015, 17:32

Cujo wrote:Milner and Ings were free and Milner is a good signing while Ings still has potential and is coming off a season where he scored more than anyone on Liverpool (not that that's hard, but 11 goals at 22 years old is a good haul, especially first season in the PL with Burnley).
Why do you keep harping on the Free thing? We need quality, not economy. Yes, Milner & Ings can be astute signings but only if we supplement those with quality additions. So until we add real quality (which requires serious money) and Milner & Ings becomes useful; you can't really promote these.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu 18 Jun 2015, 18:51

I'm not 'harping' on anything. It's pretty simple if we're on a budget, or if we're looking to conform to FFP by getting quality players like Milner and Ings on free it leaves more money to spend on other areas. It's not rocket science.

Anyway, with the Sterling sale rumours heating up that could set up another similar situation. AFAIK Konoplyanka hasn't signed with anyone and if Sterling were to leave for 50m and we got Yehven on a free that would again leave us with a pretty big warchest (in theory) to sign a midfielder and a striker (if not more).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 18 Jun 2015, 18:56

Don't call me James wrote:Yeah yeah if Liverpool signed Sepi tomorrow, you'll find positives in that. It's getting boring now.

I honestly had more optimism going into Woy's 2010-11 season than I do right now.

To be fair, I am exactly what the team lacks.

A pit-bull, aggressive, no non-sense DM who will provide competition to Lucas, and bring some passion and bite to the squad. Plenty of tactical fouls, wind up the refs, and good for a red card or two.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 18 Jun 2015, 18:59

With Skrtel signing a new contract, doesn't anyone think we have way over-load of CBs in our books now ?

Skrtel, Lovren, Sakho, Ilori, Gomez, Toure, Wisdom.

Coates will be sold and Gomez loaned out. Will be interesting to see what happens to Ilori/Wisdom....the only way I can justify having 6 CBs in the squad, is that we will return to 3-4-3. But the other signing and targets we're pursuing point to 4-3-3.

I am very confused.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 18 Jun 2015, 19:02

I don't think both Wisdom and Ilori will stay in the squad. I hope Kolo plays only in Europa League.I reckon we'll have 5 CBs in the squad, which is okay. But what worries me is the drop in quality if Skrtel or Sakho are missing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu 18 Jun 2015, 19:50

El Cujo wrote:I'm not 'harping' on anything. It's pretty simple if we're on a budget, or if we're looking to conform to FFP by getting quality players like Milner and Ings on free it leaves more money to spend on other areas. It's not rocket science.

Anyway, with the Sterling sale rumours heating up that could set up another similar situation. AFAIK Konoplyanka hasn't signed with anyone and if Sterling were to leave for 50m and we got Yehven on a free that would again leave us with a pretty big warchest (in theory) to sign a midfielder and a striker (if not more).
We have gone through this before, haven't we? It's pointless, but I'm going to give another try.

if we're on a budget
We need to get back to CL and we need to spend accordingly.

looking to conform to FFP
It doesn't exist anymore

leaves more money to spend on other areas
We should have money to spend in areas needed.

Why do you have to support everything? Nobody is against signing of Milner and Ings, we just accept the fact that they will not be enough CL.

It's not rocket science.
That I agree
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu 18 Jun 2015, 21:28

When did I say they would be enough for CL? Like I said the success of this transfer window depends on who we bring in to be our main striker. We could, in theory, still make the CL I think with the squad we've built currently because of style, growing in experience and improvement from the younger players, but I think most people realistically hope for a big signing up front (myself included).

I'm just pointing out that signing these players on a free doesn't show a lack of ambition, they're shrewd signings. Even last year when we sold Suarez we still only had something like a 30m net spend. Liverpool are not one of those clubs that can just drop buckets of money all over the place unfortunately so if by signing a couple players for free allows us to have money to make a big signing or two I am ok with that.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 18 Jun 2015, 21:53

That's the thing, I rather NOT have anybody come in than scrubs coming in on bosman. And Bosman signings are NOT free.

Honestly sum the wages saved for all these garbage players and pay ONE world class talent over the odds every window and I'll be happy with that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri 19 Jun 2015, 08:56

'Apparently' City offered either of Dzeko, Jovetic or Negredo as part of Sterling deal. But the sources are quite rubbish.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri 19 Jun 2015, 15:04

Dzeko or Jovetic plus 20 - 30m would be more than fine for me.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri 19 Jun 2015, 15:24

El Cujo wrote:Dzeko or Jovetic plus 20 - 30m would be more than fine for me.
Dzeko has reportedly refused to join Liverpool. Jovetic is quite injury-prone.

I would rather take the cash (anything at or over GBP 40 mil) and spend that for a quality ST.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri 19 Jun 2015, 20:46

Konoplyanka hmm scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next