McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 27 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:56 pm

Depends on that Urban

If the book comes out like 2 weeks before S6 then I am smashing it in a week.

But if the book comes out like 2 months before then we can sort out something like that.

My best guess is that TWOW is out by March 2016

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 27 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:01 pm

So how many of you think we'll see it before S6 is released? That's probably about April 2016
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:02 pm

Guess I read it nonstop. Should be doable in 2 days and that's what I usually do when I have to wait that long. Then I can reread it and we can discuss chapter by chapter imo Proud

But I will have to spoiler all my rage-posts about Arya dying Sad

I think WoW will be published 20/12/20158
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:29 pm

At times I have to re-read the chapter again because either it's too good, or it's too vague that I can't help think there is some hidden meaning somewhere or a prophecy lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:37 pm

I will definitely smash through it unless it is released right in the middle of exams. Planning to start my reread of the entire series when GRRM says he is done.

Which will be after MT's kids get married of course.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:54 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So how many of you think we'll see it before S6 is released? That's probably about April 2016

50-50 % really.

GRRM may well be close in finishing the book by late autumn 2015 really , but you never know what may come up ; all them delays weren't exactly planned either , if everything had went smoothly and according to plan , we would be waiting ADOS by now .

I am saying , i do believe it's possible for the book to come out in April 2016 , maybe June like with ADWD.. now , how likely i find the entire thing to happen , that's a different case altogether. I'd say let's hope nothing comes up and halts his progress , that's my big concern really .

Other than that , yeah why not. By all means it seems he's been working heavily on it for almost a year now . Time is really catching up with him already , he surely won't stop now , on the contrary i think the least we can expect of him is to continue in the same way. I wouldn't know but i am willing to hazard a guess he has probably written the spine of it and he could well be in the polishing process by now , maybe finishing the last parts . Again , 50-50% , you never know what could happen with these books , like he has already pointed out , they require massive effort , it's quite the task to produce such a book. Maybe he has to rewrite stuff he didn't expect to rewrite over and over , you never know how long it may take him . Then there's the editing part which will take near a month or something less than that because it's TWOW ... And the copies to be produced.. He has to finish the writing of it by February-early March , i am no expert but this seems to be the limitation , if we are to expect it before S6 , or at the same time . Can't expect a book like that to be edited and produced and advertised in just one month.

I remain optimistic about a very late May- early June release , but i do not expect anything.

Last edited by Dante on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:58 pm

I've started a very slow and detailed re-read, trying to pick up as many subtle hints and things that I haven't noticef before.

For example, Ser Waymar Royce dies like a complete badass against a bunch of Others "Dance with me then" and "For Robert" :bow:

Mance Rayder gets a mention in the very first chapter of AGOT.

Also, something that I never really understood about Theon is his constant smirking/smile/grin and he does so twice in the first chapter 1) When Ned beheads Gared and 2) When the Stark children get their pups. He tries to hide his fears and insecurities by constantly grinning. The more I read about him the more I think what a tragic character he is.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:02 pm

Theon is one of the most complex characters. One of GRRM's true genius creations.

I think he will survive TWOW
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Theon is surely one of the most tragic characters in the story , definitely . I really hope he doesn't die in TWOW , or at least take Ramsay with him before he does.

I remember i started a reread the same way as you do now but i abandoned it all almost mid AGOT , decided like M99 i want to reread when TWOW gets announced.

I would do so anyway when TWOW got announced , but i realised these precious books need to be read as fresh as possible. Been 2 years since i read them now , hopefully it will be close to 3 when TWOW is confirmed

hopefully
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Last season was so good, I remember when I was not watching episodes or nerding out with my friends or over here, I was reading all the GOAT chapters. I read almost all of ASOS that way lol. Decided there and then about reading it from scratch again when TWOW is announced then repeat it again for A Dream Of Spring.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:02 pm

There's a lot of info from The World Of Ice And Fire that is quite interesting but overlooked. For instance the story of the Bloodstone Emperor. Legend says that he caused the Long Night http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Bloodstone_Emperor

Also Essos has their own version of The Wall made by that mysterious black stone that pops up in places. It is said that the stone came from a meteor. Hmm...same meteor from which Dawn was made? http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Five_Forts
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:05 pm

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Everything he suggests makes a lot of sense!

I'm just worried GRRM might change it all just cause of the hype
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:11 pm

I had completely forgotten about his vows ending "until death". That seems to open up a lot of potential routes for him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:54 pm

ofcourse he is coming back lol

it's far more obvious in the books. Show is trying the shock factor quite badly for the twist next season.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:11 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Nice vid

Though, i dunno how thats gonna be executed in the show with Shireen being dead and the lack of Kingsblood at Castle Black. With the way the show played out this season, D&D will probably say f it leave Jon dead and send Melisandre to Essos or something.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:28 pm

Jon will be back for sure, him, Tyrion and Daenerys are pretty much guaranteed to survive until the last season or so.

I wish Jon had really broken his vows for once before doing the "I was dead hence released from my vows" crap. Him doing good all the time hurts the character just as much as Ramsay being untouchable hurts the character.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:15 am

I've said what i think , it won't matter if he's released from his vows , in whichever way you decide to look at it ,  i think there's a pretty big possibility there won't be a NW by the time Jon returns .

Look at it this way. If he returns to life and the NW is still there.. they would be killing him again anyway Laughing

It makes great sense for GRRM to finish off the NW after Jon , for many many reasons actually. For once , Jon was legit their last hope , they simply commited suicide the moment they killed him. There's also the wildlings who are going to absolutely rekt them and who knows how close the Others are . They are at their absolute lowest man power , i don't exactly recall the number right now but i think it was near 150 at Castle Black ?? (probably less than that) Wildlings are who knows how many times more that number , lol  . Also , their food supplies are precious as they are , iirc , they are going to have major issues very very soon with their food... All i can see is doom , being a step away .

I also think Ned's words about 'a wall is as strong as the men that guard it' , are heavily foreshadowing what's coming ; no NW to actually stand watch on the wall , the magics/spells that protect them from the others will be broken . They will simply be able to pass the wall if there's no NW around to guard it .

Question is , where he would be going once he returned ?? Winterfell hmm

To warn them of what's coming and thinking he still has to save Arya from the Boltons hmm

I don't know if he would actually manage to end up at Winterfell , but i think that would be his absolute priority the moment he comes back . Even if there's a NW still and he somehow manages not to be killed when he returns , lol , he would be a prisoner or something?? Seriously , i don't think the NW is a possibility any longer. In order for the story to go on , the NW must be destroyed , imho .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:22 pm

Guys if you did not, you have to read this theory. My favorite theory by far, 100% convinced it will be true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/30mat2/spoilers_all_ddt_a_neverbeforeseen_theory/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Had no idea what that was, but 10/10 rofl

Been laughing 5 minutes straight
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:57 pm

I was reading it with wide eyes, thinking if M99 believes it, then it just might be true rofl

"Valyrian tinfoil"
"Aimed for the moon, landed in the asylum."
"Tyrion = Rhaego.....so far, zero tinfoil"
"Let's not get bogged down by technicalities yet."

Not even prime Gil could make up something like this Laughing

10/10
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:00 pm

i thought people had read that already ?

and yes , it's hilarious lmao
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:03 am

Speaking of Daavos in the other thread

Will the show make his mission to go after Rickon as well? I don't know how they will make the connection since he is at castle black but I think they will change his arc too.

Or maybe when Jon comes back, he asks him to find Rickon? Not sure why Daavos would comply but that's one way of setting things right.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:07 am

Honestly , no clue whatsoever . Can't even begin to guess atm .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:42 am

Can't see how Davos' plot can be tied to Rickon, unless like RG said in the other thread, he goes south, meets Sansa and Reek they discuss what happened, yada yada yada, Reek says Rickon is still alive and Ser Davos is tasked to find him?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:53 am

Manderly will be in Season 6, no?

I think they'll have him intercept Reek and Sansa - thus informing him of Rickon and Bran's survival as I don't believe that mute servant was in the show - and then Davos heading south in the hope that Stannis has survived. Opposed to Bolton, he will send news of Davos' death but really send him to find Rickon, making use of his skill as a sailor.

The motivations are far less obvious in this scenario however. Without Stannis in the background as a powerful force capable of defeating the Boltons and establishing Rickon in Winterfell, why go to any of this trouble? Indeed, with Sansa in his possession it's not even vitally urgent that a rescue mission be launched for the boys, beyond his strong loyalty to the Starks. Granted they have the better claim but it's a truly watered down version of the Great Northern Conspiracy.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next