Art Morte
iftikhar
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Liverpool vs. Chelsea - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Chelsea

Post by Helmer Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:25 pm

Nishy wrote:Man of the match?

I'd give it to either Skrtel or Sakho. Lucas in that mix as well.

difficult one, may be Lucas and Skrtel both hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:27 pm

Has it hit anyone yet that OUR defense kept this free scoring chelsea out of the game and the only reason they scored was because a peno?

I'm telling you guys once we find that 3rd CB, and Can develops as a midfield player, he'll become beast.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:58 pm

Rodgers can't organize a defence though?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:00 am

El Cujo wrote:Rodgers can't organize a defence though?
We didn't really test you tonight. Let's see what your defense does at the Bridge.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:12 am

I hadnt imagined Chelsea would play football from the times of BC Laughing so I would really wait for the away leg when most likely they will attack more and have the more of the ball.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:25 am

I think that if you won today you would've parked the bus at the Bridge too. Maybe not a Chelsea bus, a smaller bus.

You can't always play the game that you'd prefer, sometimes you have to adapt.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:37 am

Just got home today. I'm so proud of the boys and Brendan.

Screwed by the effing ref. Could've easily won this if someone fair was officiating.

At least we're still in it going to the Bridge, anything can happen. I believe.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:36 am

Red Alert wrote:That was a typical Chelsea away performance lol.

Anyway, we played well but result clearly favours them.

You're gutted aren't you ?

At least you have Australia's impending humiliation vs. Japan to look forward to.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:14 am

Natalie Portman wrote:

At least you have Australia's impending humiliation vs. Japan to look forward to.

If we beat china hahahah

On a serious note if we did vs them in the semis it would in no way be a humiliation, we'd have a better chance than Liverpool have at the bridge.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:38 am

I really hope we start Lallana (or Sturridge if he's fit) instead of Gerrard at Stamford Bridge. It will be much more difficult to play with the same intensity over there and we need better legs than Gerrard's to do that. Just reverse the roles from last night's game and bring Gerrard on for Lallana at the 70 minute mark.

I don't think the game at the Bridge is going to resemble this one, but we've showed - perhaps most importantly to ourselves - that we can trouble them and out-play them. We need to show the same positive mindset and determination at the Bridge - not accept the away team role - and we can beat them there. If we suddenly play with fear because it's at their ground, we're screwed.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:33 am

Oh stfu. Laughing

One game where we look good defensively because Chelsea don't commit going forward doesn't mean we're a defensively stable team ffs.

They put in the same performance/set up the same tactically we played against City at the Etihad 2 years ago in the semi of the same competition. They got an away goal and just soaked up pressure as they were holding onto an away goal. We were good because they let us play, not because we completely dominated them and they didn't know what to do.

Natalie Portman wrote:

There's two ways to respond to this, and I didn't know which one to send so have them both.

If not sarcastic:

You're not gutted? Really?

THEY HAVE AN AWAY GOAL. THEY HAVE THE ADVANTAGE. ALL PRESSURE IS ON LIVERPOOL RIGHT NOW.

If sarcastic:

Step 1) Buy a dildo
Step 2) Entertain yourself with dildo
Step 3) Leave me alone

As for Australia, easy peasy japanesey. We'll meet you (Iraq or was it Iran, sorry I forget) in the final, don't you worry about it son. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:42 am

Kick wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
Kick wrote:Someone has to watch over you Wink
Liverpool vs. Chelsea - Page 4 Giphy

Liverpool vs. Chelsea - Page 4 Tumblr_m632tpTbh21rqfhi2o1_500

Liverpool vs. Chelsea - Page 4 AVjpjgG
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:51 am

Very Happy Surprised Cool Laughing Razz Wink pirat bounce cheers drunken Thumbs up :bow: drinking banana Heart :wub: Chaka Molenation

OK, first regarding the grumblings about Gerrard & Markovic. We all know their limitations, but they did gave their best, so let's move on.

Next,
#1. Gerrard volly (tipped by Courtois)
#2. Gerrard shot (hitting the bar)
#3. Coutinho shot (held by Courtois)
#4. Lallana shot (saved by Courtois)
#5. Henderson shot (held by Courtois)
#6. Raheem shot (held by Courtois)
Anything less than a world-class keeper would have seen us win yesterday.

Regarding substitutions: may be, just may be we should have substituted Gerrard a bit early (around 60 mins) and also brought in Lambert around 75-80 mins.

Regarding away-leg:
#1. Either Chelsea will sit back knowing they have the advantage and we need to come forward, then we will be able to deploy more men to crack them.
#2. They will went for the kill in which case our back-line will under pressure but the attackers will have more space to operate.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:04 am

So here are the FULL highlights. . . .
Liverpool vs. Chelsea - Page 4 10731180_710857155678785_2232272629418772047_n
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:49 am

Fahim Laughing

Also for the away leg, lets see if Mourinho acts like a pos again or be a man and come at us. We need to be at our top most defensively to stop them.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Red Alert wrote:

Fact remains that we're in middle of the season, well in contention of top 4 and in 3 cup competitions on an upward projector. The manager has turned the downward slide around (Something some of the bigger names like Klopp still haven't be able to do so)....and yet you desperately want us to lose and not succeed because you have a personal dislike of the man.

Did your gf send nudes to him over snapchat that has made you hate and despise him sooooo much? I genuinely don't think you even hate ISIS more than him. Consistently wanting him to fail, so you can day-dream about another manager who's struggling to get the highest-spending team in Serie A past a team placed 14th in La Liga in a CL qualifier, or never came close to winning the league as much as BR did in 6 attempts (with less competition).

For fans like you, you deserve BR getting sacked and replaced by someone like Avram Grant. That's what likes of you deserve for being such unfaithful and self-hating clowns.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Red Alert wrote:

Oh stfu. Laughing

One game where we look good defensively because Chelsea don't commit going forward doesn't mean we're a defensively stable team ffs.

They put in the same performance/set up the same tactically we played against City at the Etihad 2 years ago in the semi of the same competition. They got an away goal and just soaked up pressure as they were holding onto an away goal. We were good because they let us play, not because we completely dominated them and they didn't know what to do.

You really are something curious. You can't give credit to the team for dominating Chelsea it's like it hurts you to your very core that they went out there and looked amazing against the best team in the PL. 'Chelsea let us dominate them'. Definitely, I think it was exactly their gameplan to have a total of what...1 shot? while we had what almost 20? Maybe Mourinho knew that Atkinson would be completely in his pocket, and wasn't afraid of Liverpool. Maybe he knew we would hit the post or that Courtois would make ridiculous saves to keep his team in the game, because on another night playing as it was Chelsea could have seen a worse drubbing than the Spurs gave them.

All in the plan though.

Meanwhile we've looked good defensively since Rodgers changed formation. Over the last 9 games we've had 56 shots on target and scored 18 goals. We've allowed 25 shots on target and conceded 8 goals (at least half of which were individual error and had nothing to do with defensive organization). But, you know, it's just one game where we've looked good and it was because the other team let us or something.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:39 am

Liverpool vs. Chelsea - Page 4 B71LGSKIYAYhO5s

FFS rofl
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:14 am

El Cujo wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

Oh stfu. Laughing

You really are something curious. You can't give credit to the team for dominating Chelsea it's like it hurts you to your very core that they went out there and looked amazing against the best team in the PL. 'Chelsea let us dominate them'. Definitely, I think it was exactly their gameplan to have a total of what...1 shot? while we had what almost 20? Maybe Mourinho knew that Atkinson would be completely in his pocket, and wasn't afraid of Liverpool. Maybe he knew we would hit the post or that Courtois would make ridiculous saves to keep his team in the game, because on another night playing as it was Chelsea could have seen a worse drubbing than the Spurs gave them.

All in the plan though.

Meanwhile we've looked good defensively since Rodgers changed formation. Over the last 9 games we've had 56 shots on target and scored 18 goals. We've allowed 25 shots on target and conceded 8 goals (at least half of which were individual error and had nothing to do with defensive organization). But, you know, it's just one game where we've looked good and it was because the other team let us or something.

Wtf are you on about. ALMOST EVERY TEAM IN THE WORLD plays like that in the first leg away from home in a cup competition. They get an away goal. They defend. They soak as much as possible but it doesn't matter if the other team dominates because the result favours them. EVERY team does it. We did dominate them, yes. But we didn't dominate them because they played bad. We would of put the exact same performance in.

If they didn't score they would of had more than 1 shot. They got what they wanted with 1 shot. And from our "20 shots" only 3 were "decent" chances. The goal, Gerrard's post (where the keeper was beaten), and Lallana's shot (which was an amazing shot, amazing save). Every other shot was tame or straight at Courtois so he didn't have much to do.

Atkinson was bad. I never said he was good. With that said, he was consistently bad for both teams.

We've looked okay defensively since "Brazilian Delph" came in and your boy Lovren was dropped. With that said, we haven't been good. We've looked more assured but we haven't looked good. lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:25 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

Fact remains that we're in middle of the season, well in contention of top 4 and in 3 cup competitions on an upward projector. The manager has turned the downward slide around (Something some of the bigger names like Klopp still haven't be able to do so)....and yet you desperately want us to lose and not succeed because you have a personal dislike of the man.

Did your gf send nudes to him over snapchat that has made you hate and despise him sooooo much? I genuinely don't think you even hate ISIS more than him. Consistently wanting him to fail, so you can day-dream about another manager who's struggling to get the highest-spending team in Serie A past a team placed 14th in La Liga in a CL qualifier, or never came close to winning the league as much as BR did in 6 attempts (with less competition).

For fans like you, you deserve BR getting sacked and replaced by someone like Avram Grant. That's what likes of you deserve for being such unfaithful and self-hating clowns.

Fact remains we're still 8th.
Fact remains we're out of the CL.
Fact remain we're most definitely out of the Europa.
Fact remains we're most likely not in the CL next season.

Where the f*ck have I said I want to lose because I don't want Rodgers to succede? What the f*ck are you on about? Very Happy Seriously. Ffs. I said I wanted him gone because he's not good enough to manage us. We won't win much silverware under him, you can quote me on that. Give most managers the same amount of time / resources he'd had and we'd be in a better boat right now. He was worth the risk, but it's time to move on ffs.

Rafa had less competition? Didn't come as close? Are you kidding me? Laughing

As for Avram Grant, Rodgers is probably on the same level as bad. lmao
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:36 pm

And please stahp with this nonsense of typical away performance from Chlesea...I would really like to see what is a typical away performance of Chelsea is when they face PSG in CL. They played bad because of our pressing and harassing them all the time. Well the only thing you can say is, the end result is what probably they had come for.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:48 pm

I actually don't even know how to discuss this team with RA anymore. He's completely delusional.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Fact remains we're still 8th.
Fact remains we're out of the CL.
Fact remain we're most definitely out of the Europa.
Fact remains we're most likely not in the CL next season.
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:06 pm

We are out of Europa!! WHAT!!! When did that happen!! affraid Shocked :brickwall: :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:42 pm

You kidding me? Im a known pessimist when it comes to Liverpool FC and im confident we can win the EL. Laughing
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:55 pm

Bah Gawd i can tolerate blind optimism but this agenda driven pessimism-we are out of Europa league before even d game started, is just shitting on my brain.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next