Albiceleste
BiasedMilanFan3
14 posters

Go down

Ronaldinho at Barca Empty Ronaldinho at Barca

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:45 am

mmk so i was watching this video:

And below the video I saw the comments and one says
"a legend like this should never have been sold.....he should of played and faded out at barca Sad <3 ronaldhino"

So what do you think would've happened to Ronaldinho (and Barcelona) had he stayed? and for arguments sake, he wasn't sold and would still be there to this day.

Would Ronaldinho's current playing style change Barca's attack?
Would Barca still won those 2 CLs?
Would Messi be the player he is?

discuss.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Ronaldinho at Barca Empty Re: Ronaldinho at Barca

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:07 am

He left after being benched, that wouldn't have changed are my thoughts if he didn't leave.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:12 am

lost his motivation!!! gained fat
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:22 am

His party lifestyle ruined him. He is obviously the most skilled player I have ever seen. One of the reasons millions started following Barca and football.
He would be a great impact sub. He is a great freekick taker. He would be playing in pedros,villa or iniesta's roles. He is certainly better than bojan,keita and jeffery on a bad day. But for some reason the fire he once had in his eyes is not there anymore. I guess after winning everything, you don't really have motivation to win again.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:25 am

I think if he stayed at Barca, he wouldvewon his starting place back and put pedro on the bench.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:34 am

One could argue that he would be remembered more if he had stayed at barca and not partied, got fat, etc.

However, barcafandani explained this, he had practically won everything club (spain) AND internationally.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:42 am

He had to leave.

Every player's situation is different, obviously. But, Dinho was considered the best on the planet for 2-3 years and was paid like it. After he sort of lost his top class form, he was slightly unfairly phased out of the "key player" list at Nou camp.

He needed a change of scenery more than any player I've said that about in 5 years, unfortunately, he didn't re-earn the respect at AC. He did, however, get his wages and extended his career in Europe a couple years.

Sad to see him back in Brazil while he is still young enough for top flight but, can't hate the guy for enjoying his amazing life and putting football second after just enjoying life.
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:38 am

Posting for the first time in the general section at this forum but just had to say this.

Yes he was a brilliant player.

Yes he did win everything.

However Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Villa have also won everything. So does that mean they also give up their motivation and live life with a don't care two hoots kind of attitude? No every individual is different.

So was Ronaldinho right in what he did? See if he had openly made i clear that he wasn't that committed any more and moved somewhere where his style of life caused no harm I would have respected him for it. However he chose to stay in top level competitive football. When you do that and don't give it your all, you are adversely affecting the careers of those who haven't won as much as you and are dying to do so. The worst part is when you represent your national team and carry the hopes of billions only to not at all be bothered about any sense of commitment towards the country and it's people - as happened in WC 2006 with Ronaldinho and Brazil. Overall to me Ronaldinho comes off as an individual with very little sense of professional and moral responsibility. A great player no doubt but just can't look up to him as a human being. I am really glad that he didn't get to play for Brazil in WC 2010 because for all that he did in the past, that's the least bit of repercussions he deserved the way I see things. Whether it's Pele, Maradona or Ronaldinho, no one should be above conscience and morality in my eyes at least.

Were we right in selling him? Hell we were 100% right. We needed to restore discipline. Other than that he was too huge a name to keep happy on the bench and we wanted complete squad unity. Also in a great team not all can be superstars. There are some who will get that privilege and enjoy greater freedom. Only after he left could Messi get complete freedom in the way the team played.

To conclude while we cannot forget what he did for us even though he diluted some of his contribution by his indiscipline in the last two years, selling him was one of the best decisions we ever took. The level our team has reached now justifies it completely.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:00 am

im one of those people who believe that Ronaldinho at his prime is better than Messi, matter of fact, Ronaldinho at his prime is the greatest player in history, but his prime was so short he's not even in the top 20

If Ronaldinho didnt suffer that dip in form Messi wouldnt be the player he is today. Messi florished when Ronaldinho left, and he became even better when Eto'o departed. Of course Messi was growing as a player, but as those stars left he became the undisputed star upfront and he proved that he's worthy of this trust

But Messi is not a leader, and with the presence of an in-form ronaldinho he would've always been the "other guy" due to ronaldinho's charismatic presence. Messi's talent would have emerged eventually, but it wouldnt have happened this soon

But the fact is Ronaldinho became a shadow of his former self, and if he was kept at Barca only for what he did in the past he wouldnt be playing an important part as he has no role in that team, and i even doubt that he can play one touch football and im sure Pep wouldnt have changed his tactics just for him. He didnt do it for 70 M ibra anyway

zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:31 am

He wouldn’t avoid the downfall anyway.
It’s not a matter of team it’s a matter of lifestyle and money.

He was probably the most skilled player I ever got to watch
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:51 am

daneq wrote:He had to leave.

Every player's situation is different, obviously. But, Dinho was considered the best on the planet for 2-3 years and was paid like it. After he sort of lost his top class form, he was slightly unfairly phased out of the "key player" list at Nou camp.

He needed a change of scenery more than any player I've said that about in 5 years, unfortunately, he didn't re-earn the respect at AC. He did, however, get his wages and extended his career in Europe a couple years.

Sad to see him back in Brazil while he is still young enough for top flight but, can't hate the guy for enjoying his amazing life and putting football second after just enjoying life.

Ronaldinho was never treated unfairly at Camp Nou. The opposite, we gave him a few chances to motivate and be professional again, and he didn't.

Lastly, I do condemn ronaldinho for putting football second and going for parties. Sometimes, party like the world is ending and have everything you want doesn't make you more happy, and that's what happened to Ronaldinho: he was clearly happier the first 3 seasons at Camp Nou that in the seasons coming afterwards at Barça, Milan or Flamengo. He might be enjoying parties, but I highly doubt he is happy now.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:01 am

Messi wrote:His party lifestyle ruined him. He is obviously the most skilled player I have ever seen. One of the reasons millions started following Barca and football.
He would be a great impact sub. He is a great freekick taker. He would be playing in pedros,villa or iniesta's roles. He is certainly better than bojan,keita and jeffery on a bad day. But for some reason the fire he once had in his eyes is not there anymore. I guess after winning everything, you don't really have motivation to win again.
Your names MESSI!!!!! Ask him about losing motivation!! But R10 was past his best, it was visible his last season at barca. We made the best move we could by getting a little profit.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:05 am

free_cat wrote:

Ronaldinho was never treated unfairly at Camp Nou. The opposite, we gave him a few chances to motivate and be professional again, and he didn't.

Lastly, I do condemn ronaldinho for putting football second and going for parties. Sometimes, party like the world is ending and have everything you want doesn't make you more happy, and that's what happened to Ronaldinho: he was clearly happier the first 3 seasons at Camp Nou that in the seasons coming afterwards at Barça, Milan or Flamengo. He might be enjoying parties, but I highly doubt he is happy now.

I can't even hope to describe how difficult it is for me to say this, but: in 2003-2006 Dinho = Zidane in terms of skill. Obviously, Zidane was way better and more succesful pirat
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:32 pm

boy got fat, - should have done what Homer did:

Ronaldinho at Barca 8346
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:52 pm

daneq wrote:
free_cat wrote:

I can't even hope to describe how difficult it is for me to say this, but: in 2003-2006 Dinho = Zidane in terms of skill. Obviously, Zidane was way better and more succesful pirat
What does Zidane have to do with anything? Rolling Eyes

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:02 pm

messixaviesta wrote:

However Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Villa have also won everything. So does that mean they also give up their motivation and live life with a don't care two hoots kind of attitude? No every individual is different.

So was Ronaldinho right in what he did? See if he had openly made i clear that he wasn't that committed any more and moved somewhere where his style of life caused no harm I would have respected him for it. However he chose to stay in top level competitive football. When you do that and don't give it your all, you are adversely affecting the careers of those who haven't won as much as you and are dying to do so. The worst part is when you represent your national team and carry the hopes of billions only to not at all be bothered about any sense of commitment towards the country and it's people - as happened in WC 2006 with Ronaldinho and Brazil. Overall to me Ronaldinho comes off as an individual with very little sense of professional and moral responsibility. A great player no doubt but just can't look up to him as a human being. I am really glad that he didn't get to play for Brazil in WC 2010 because for all that he did in the past, that's the least bit of repercussions he deserved the way I see things. Whether it's Pele, Maradona or Ronaldinho, no one should be above conscience and morality in my eyes at least.

Were we right in selling him? Hell we were 100% right. We needed to restore discipline. Other than that he was too huge a name to keep happy on the bench and we wanted complete squad unity. Also in a great team not all can be superstars. There are some who will get that privilege and enjoy greater freedom. Only after he left could Messi get complete freedom in the way the team played.

To conclude while we cannot forget what he did for us even though he diluted some of his contribution by his indiscipline in the last two years, selling him was one of the best decisions we ever took. The level our team has reached now justifies it completely.

agree with JD..

-----------------------

zizzle wrote:im one of those people who believe that Ronaldinho at his prime is better than Messi, matter of fact, Ronaldinho at his prime is the greatest player in history, but his prime was so short he's not even in the top 20

If Ronaldinho didnt suffer that dip in form Messi wouldnt be the player he is today. Messi florished when Ronaldinho left, and he became even better when Eto'o departed. Of course Messi was growing as a player, but as those stars left he became the undisputed star upfront and he proved that he's worthy of this trust

But Messi is not a leader, and with the presence of an in-form ronaldinho he would've always been the "other guy" due to ronaldinho's charismatic presence. Messi's talent would have emerged eventually, but it wouldnt have happened this soon

But the fact is Ronaldinho became a shadow of his former self, and if he was kept at Barca only for what he did in the past he wouldnt be playing an important part as he has no role in that team, and i even doubt that he can play one touch football and im sure Pep wouldnt have changed his tactics just for him. He didnt do it for 70 M ibra anyway

Jorge Messi: “Maradona is incomparable”

About the comparisons between Leo and Diego Maradona, the player’s father stated that in Argentina they are always comparing things and that “Diego is incomparable.”

“Leo is making his own road, and what’s more, I don’t know what it means to carry the team on your back. Is it to insult and shout at your teammates? My son has a different kind of personality. He’s strong, though many don’t know that. Diego has a different personality than that of Leo,” stated Jorge Messi.

With respect to the player’s situation in his club, Barcelona, he indicated that there is another environment and it is a team that’s been together for four years. “The selección couldn’t come together like that. To play a Copa América in your own country is a horrible pressure,” he said.

-------------

Red Parts!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

agree with JD..

-----------------------

zizzle wrote:im one of those people who believe that Ronaldinho at his prime is better than Messi, matter of fact, Ronaldinho at his prime is the greatest player in history, but his prime was so short he's not even in the top 20

Jorge Messi: “Maradona is incomparable”

About the comparisons between Leo and Diego Maradona, the player’s father stated that in Argentina they are always comparing things and that “Diego is incomparable.”

“Leo is making his own road, and what’s more, I don’t know what it means to carry the team on your back. Is it to insult and shout at your teammates? My son has a different kind of personality. He’s strong, though many don’t know that. Diego has a different personality than that of Leo,” stated Jorge Messi.

With respect to the player’s situation in his club, Barcelona, he indicated that there is another environment and it is a team that’s been together for four years. “The selección couldn’t come together like that. To play a Copa América in your own country is a horrible pressure,” he said.

-------------

Red Parts!!

el 2ered be 3een emmo ghazal, ow bayyo in this case
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content