BarrileteCosmico
59 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Pochettino new coach of Spurs - Page 3 Empty Re: Pochettino new coach of Spurs

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:08 pm

So his transfer record this season has been awful:

Wanyama: Great so far, only successful transfer

Janssen: Flop, in spite of plenty of minutes he has not been able to score from open play. Gets bonus points for effort, though.

Sissoko: Barely getting any minutes, panic purchase on last transfer week, totally overpriced

N'Koudou: Pretty much the same as above for a bit cheaper, should've convinced Chadli to stay and compete for minutes

Spurs have failed to build on their previous season and in fact have taken a step back with these guys, for instance by bringing on Sissoko they have stunted Dier's development as a good CM and now he plays where he is much weaker, at CB. They have also failed to cover their weaknesses, mainly a thin bench for the FB positions and a CF alternative.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Clinton Njie, 12m signing, wherever did he disappear to?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:18 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Clinton Njie, 12m signing, wherever did he disappear to?

on Loan at Olympique de Marseille
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:52 am

Sissoko hasn't played as a CM though. The only person who has stunted Diers development is Dier, and i guess you could say Wanyama but like you said, Wanyama has been a good buy. He got outcompeted by Wanyama for his own spot.

Let's not forget Janssen was brought in because Levy wouldn't pay Batshuayi the money he wanted, not because Poch wanted him. LB position is fine, Trippier isn't good enough for RB particularly because Poch rotates them so much.

Poch's biggest enemy this season is making the wrong choices for lineups and more than anything, suspensions and injuries. When a manager changes formations 4-5 times within the last month either he's lost the plot completely or he's adapting because of injuries and suspension. It's the latter for Poch.

If anything all this tells us is how incredibly integral Kane and Alderweireld are to Tottenham. Spurs haven't even been as bad as their recent results suggest. It's the lack of clinical finishers which is why Spurs haven't won recently.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:53 am

Dier is playing as CB because he's a better CB than Wimmer and its preferable for him to cover instead of Wimmer for Toby.

Which is why it's perplexing he played Wimmer tonight. I don't get it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:31 pm

Personally I liked Wimmer a lot last season, although I agree that it's baffling to start him in a do or die match while barely having any minutes. As a CB I think he is better than Dier.

Sissoko played as CM earlier in the season when Dembele was suspended, but I agree it's mostly Wanyama taking his spot there.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:52 am

He has an infinitely better team than the one Arry had during their glory years 5-6 years ago IMO.

and yet Poch has them losing to the likes of Gent in the EL while Arry had them beating both Milan teams (when they were GOAT) emphatically with the likes of Peter Crouch in the CL

fraud? hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:55 pm

UP
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:47 pm

He's clearly not a fraud but he's shown incompetence in Europe.

He's a young manager yet, there is absolutely no reason for Spurs fans to be upset with him as he's done really good things with the club. That being said, he leaves a lot to be desired in Europe and he'll need to improve there.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Pathetic
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:34 pm

He lost and drew Gent at home :facepalm:

Spurs have mountains worth of reasons to be mad at him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Losing to Gwent isn't that bad, probably played an IF Geralt legendary as well tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:03 am

rincon wrote:He lost and drew Gent at home :facepalm:

Spurs have mountains worth of reasons to be mad at him.
I imagine that Spurs fans are more mad at Kane scoring an own goal.

But yeah truly sad result considering they played a full strength team in the 2nd leg
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:23 am

It was pretty much a full strength side in the first leg too lol.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:12 am

Yet another manager being showered with near-unconditional sycophantic praise as some sort of brilliant visionary for getting 11 players to pass a ball around well, despite having achieved absolutely nothing in his entire career. Approaching the 3-year anniversary of his time at Spurs (with his entire tenure having hugely fortunately coincided with freak periods of simultaneous turbulence for all the usual top clubs), yet to date his biggest achievements are reaching, and losing, a single Mickey Mouse Cup final, finishing third and 11 points off top in the biggest joke of a season the Premier League has ever seen, and qualifying for the Champions League only to crash out of a piss-easy group having won a blistering 2 games. A perennial failure in even Europe's second-rate competition being easily bested by such powerhouses as Dynamo Kyiv and Gent, and continually flattering to deceive domestically,where a few months of good form, followed by an inevitable epic chokejob (last season especially embarrassingly), is enough to keep his servile apologists raving for another year about how much of an emerging genius he is.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:16 pm

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-mauricio-pochettino-best-thing-to-happen-english-national-team-generation-a3650401.html

Also hadn't seen Shed's post. One of the worst posts I've ever seen on this forum. Ever.

Back on topic to the point of my post--it's a bit funny Shed would say that considering not just Poch's success with Spurs but also his invaluable contributions to the English national team. I really fear for what the English NT would look like without Poch's introduction to the league. He's been a force for the three lions, who probably wouldn't be qualifying for major tournaments without his contributions.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 pm

CBarca wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-mauricio-pochettino-best-thing-to-happen-english-national-team-generation-a3650401.html

Also hadn't seen Shed's post. One of the worst posts I've ever seen on this forum. Ever.

Back on topic to the point of my post--it's a bit funny Shed would say that considering not just Poch's success with Spurs but also his invaluable contributions to the English national team. I really fear for what the English NT would look like without Poch's introduction to the league. He's been a force for the three lions, who probably wouldn't be qualifying for major tournaments without his contributions.
rofl rofl rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:08 pm

Walker, Dele Allí, Dier, Kane, Rose

All turned somewhere between very good and world class under Poch.

In an alternative universe where the likes of Allí went to Chelsea they would have never gotten a chance and would be warming benches for mid table teams that don't want them to spend minutes on a loaner that will leave at the end of the season, thus stumping his development.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Clearly you didn't read the article.

Common sense aside, the statistics indicate that Pochettino has been incredible for the English NT.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:39 am

And yet the point still stands - arguably even more credibly now than it did when it was posted. All this supposed ultra-improvement of England players, yet still won nothing at Spurs with said players, finished even farther off top last season with said players than he did the season before, and the England side, containing said players, is no less a laughing stock now than it has been for decades.

But hey, if CSpurs wants to award Poch the MadeAFewEnglandPlayersMildlyBetterWhileStillNotActuallyAchievingAnything Cup, just so the man can finally get a piece of silverware under his belt, he's more than welcome.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:46 am

ya, I like Poch but I mean, Mou came in last season and won 3 trophies

Poch hasn't won a damn thing in his entire career, got ruined by scrubs in EL etc

he's overrated
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:54 am

The titles argument would fly if he were coaching a team that was already capable of mounting a title challenge. Going into a midtable team and turning then into title challengers is definitely worth of praise, regardless of whether he actually ends up winning silverware or not.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:28 am

I'll be back later but BC is essentially right
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:29 am

The argument of Jose winning titles where as Poch hasnt is fragile imo. Agreeing with BC in that regard. Trophy winning mentality is not easy to inculcate especially for a team that has an average age like 23 or 24.
No excuses for getting knocked by minnows like Gent. Discounting that one minor blip, Poch has done a terrific job so far.

People might hold the fact that Spurs couldnt win the league when they had the biggest chance to do so in Leicester's year against him. But that was one freak season. The fact that he improved upon that league performance and finished a spot higher speaks volumes imo of his caliber. That when we have his rivals throwing insane money to buy success, Spurs still operate within the tightest of wage limits.

Let's see how far his team goes this year in CL before calling him overrated. I for one would trade Poch for Mou in a heartbeat buts that's just me.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:54 am

Glory wrote:The argument of Jose winning titles where as Poch hasnt is fragile imo. Agreeing with BC in that regard. Trophy winning mentality is not easy to inculcate especially for a team that has an average age like 23 or 24.
No excuses for getting knocked by minnows like Gent. Discounting that one minor blip, Poch has done a terrific job so far.

People might hold the fact that Spurs couldnt win the league when they had the biggest chance to do so in Leicester's year against him. But that was one freak season. The fact that he improved upon that league performance and finished a spot higher speaks volumes imo of his caliber. That when we have his rivals throwing insane money to buy success, Spurs still operate within the tightest of wage limits.

Let's see how far his team goes this year in CL before calling him overrated. I for one would trade Poch for Mou in a heartbeat buts that's just me.

one minor blip getting knockout by Gent, another one getting knocked out in the CL group stages.  Those minor blips Laughing
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:50 pm

Making it sound as if no good team has gone out in the group stages of CL before Spurs. Laughing
Playing CL the first team with a young team. I prefer to give him the benefit of doubt. Yes they should have gone through ideally.
Anyway, that's why I specifically put 'how they fare this time around' part in there.
If they mess it up again, then yea may be. So far their display suggests they will be fine.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next